Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Yep, just "re-noticed" that last night when I watched the game again. Pretty crooked walk towards the ball, laughable actually. I guess they were like "screw it, let them challenge if they want". Which, unfortunately is a lot like my waitress not caring if my glass is empty and making me ask for a drink. Substandard, but that's life in the NFL for a read-headed stepchild.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
I brought that up in the gameday chat. No review, no replay on TV. You know damn well something's up when they won't even show a replay on such a critical play. That was one instance where the interim coach made a blunder....should have called a time out and worked the refs.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
R
Legend
Legend
R
I agree. Priefer should have called timeout and forced their hand.

The most comical part was the line judge adjusting his path as he ran up to spot the ball to ensure the first down. I watch a lot of football. Too much actually. That's not very common.

But hey, the Steelers were losing big, and they needed to figure out how to get them back in the game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
They were quick to review it in the Raiders game 2 years ago weren't they? Cost us the game and a shot at the playoffs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

one of the best in the business breaking down the game

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: Floquinho

I’m a old man from Sweden who’s laughing at all the jokes on Twitter, memes, TikToks and at the same time have tears of joy in my eyes.

My wife thinks I’m crazy. Went up in the middle of the night, rooting for a team I have never seen playing live in my whole life, screaming and dancing at five a clock in the morning totally alone and singing “Corvette Corvette” when I got back to the bed. Fell a sleep with a smile on my lips.

Thank you Cleveland Browns for giving me so much joy and excitement. I love being a Brown.

As soon as covid breaks, I'm coming to Sweden to shake your hand.

Lets make plans. I've never seen Sweden

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

I’m a old man from Sweden who’s laughing at all the jokes on Twitter, memes, TikToks and at the same time have tears of joy in my eyes.

My wife thinks I’m crazy. Went up in the middle of the night, rooting for a team I have never seen playing live in my whole life, screaming and dancing at five a clock in the morning totally alone and singing “Corvette Corvette” when I got back to the bed. Fell a sleep with a smile on my lips.

Thank you Cleveland Browns for giving me so much joy and excitement. I love being a Brown.

As soon as covid breaks, I'm coming to Sweden to shake your hand.

You’re welcome anytime but I think if health and luck is with me next season I’m going to Cleveland and First Energy stadium to meet all of you guys. We arrange a party for all of us when the time is right.

Let me know. We have a killer tailgate at Burke Airport lot

SaintDawg™

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I dislike the talking heads who call the Browns "America's Team"

Um no. The Browns are NOT America's Team. I spent the last 20 years being ridiculed in bars for being a Browns fan. AND NOW YOU WANT TO CLAIM OUR TEAM???

Oh hell no.

The Browns are CLEVELAND'S team. Get your bandwagoning ass out.

Atta girl!

SaintDawg™

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think a lot of folks saw that .. Really bad

Legend
Legend
I watch that and I think a lot of the issues we have with miscommunication, or guys running into each other, is largely a factor of how much we've had to swap guys in and out this year in our secondary.

I mean, it's like a reshuffled deck every week, it seems.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Rewatching the game from last night confirmed something I saw live that never got addressed. It was on the Steelers first TD drive, 4th and 1, low snap, Connor up the middle, stopped short. Both line judges ran in showing a spot short of the first down. When the nearside judge realized they had not gotten the first down, he gradually inched his body toward the first down until he was sure he gave it to them. The other line judge was like "whatever", but they were literally standing a full yard apart. Inside 2 minutes and no replay. Chris and Al didn't want to bring it up because they were crushed by what was happening. I've never heard two sportscasters wish for a comeback so blatantly as those two.

I mean for those who don't believe that certain teams get special treatment, go and rewatch that play. Insanity.

4 or 5 weeks ago, I don't remember which game it was, during a questionable spot challenge, the "expert" they brought in mentioned that on first downs, the refs spot the ball on a hash mark exactly, so they know more readily if something is a first down or not. So if you catch a pass for a first down and get tackled with the ball at the 38 1/2. they will spot it directly on the 38 or the 39.

So the officials know, as they rush in to spot the ball, if they put it short of the hash, it won't be a first down, if they put it on the hash, it will be a first down. And I can't help but think that could easily influence an official as to where to spot the ball if we are talking about inches or even a foot or so.. the fact that they already KNOW where the spot is that is needed for the first down.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
Around the time you are talking about - the 'expert' - Sports Illustrated had an article about chain gangs, etc. The spotting of the ball was mentioned, and, just as this 'expert' said, officials do their best to spot the ball on a yard line.

Why? To save a bit of time, so the tv stations can get all their ad breaks in, and not have the game run long.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Chase Claypool doubled down on his post game comments about the Browns, calling the way the Browns dogged Juju during and after the game "classless". Hey Chase, who instigated this whole thing?

https://www.radio.com/937thefan/sports/p...tally-classless

A
Legend
Legend
A
That's what his dense head doesn't get.

C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Claypool has a very smooth brain.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Browns should get tee shirts that say "Juju started it" ... err, cancel that, just lost my mind there for a sec.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Im getting a Browns be the Browns shirt smile

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Myles Garrett to Jarvis Landry:

"They never gave us a chance. They never gave us a chance."

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg
Originally Posted By: Hammer
PigPen to follow...

I doubt he walks away from 40m

There comes a point where a team allows a team legend to retire rather than cut him.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
I watch that and I think a lot of the issues we have with miscommunication, or guys running into each other, is largely a factor of how much we've had to swap guys in and out this year in our secondary.

I agree - we are still playing like a Patriots type team at their prime because we are prepared

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

My new game day shirt! [img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/RYSuCioN7jEvLgAk6[/img]

Last edited by Moxdawg; 01/14/21 09:52 PM.

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg

I agree - we are still playing like a Patriots type team at their prime because we are prepared

I think that getting everyone back healthy could solve a LOT of woes. Communication should be better, talent should be better. It's FAR, FAR< FAR from a being a gimme, but I think we have a shot at being able to do Ok.

Browns is the Browns

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
New game day shirt
[img:center]https://photos.app.goo.gl/RYSuCioN7jEvLgAk6[/img]
Sorry for the double post. Was trying to figure out how to post just a picture..

Last edited by Moxdawg; 01/14/21 09:54 PM.

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
Legend
Legend
that host isn't going to work; it doesn't link directly to the image itself. It needs to be a URL that points directly to the image... I don't know how to get that with Google.

Browns is the Browns

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
that host isn't going to work; it doesn't link directly to the image itself. It needs to be a URL that points directly to the image... I don't know how to get that with Google.
what else do I use to point to the image?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
[img:center]https://ibb.co/R0547QT[/img]
New game day shirt!
Did it work?
Game Day Shirt

Last edited by Moxdawg; 01/14/21 10:43 PM.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

O
Legend
Legend
O
I doubt, at this point in his career, that Pitt has much say in Ben's direction. As of now, they don't have anyone that can step in and carry the offense as it is. They might be better served by (relatively) sucking for a year or two to get their cap situation under control before really starting to build back up.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
From my experiences over the last 50 years don't ever count the Steelers down and out. We gave them a beat down last Sunday but they usually bounce back fairly quick.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
From my experiences over the last 50 years don't ever count the Steelers down and out. We gave them a beat down last Sunday but they usually bounce back fairly quick.
I agree ... they’ll always be relevant, especially with their defensive playmakers. We’ll have to deal with Fitzpatrick and Watt for a long time

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave
Chase Claypool doubled down on his post game comments about the Browns, calling the way the Browns dogged Juju during and after the game "classless". Hey Chase, who instigated this whole thing?

https://www.radio.com/937thefan/sports/p...tally-classless

Clay Cesspool should just be quiet... seriously.

Coming to the defense of the way Juju was treated as a matter of "class" is a losing position.

1. If Juju feels he was treated outside the norm, he should speak for himself.
2. Given Juju's recent history with dancing on logos, even he is probably smart enough to realize speaking up about "class" is a bad idea.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Moxdawg
[img:center]https://ibb.co/R0547QT[/img]
New game day shirt!
Did it work?
Game Day Shirt

I hovered over the Download Image link and copied the link address.Note the file name and extension (it's how you can tell it links direct to the file itself)
https://i.ibb.co/vPtvDL4/PXL-20210115-014232100-2-exported-1610675127450.jpg

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
I agree ... they’ll always be relevant, especially with their defensive playmakers. We’ll have to deal with Fitzpatrick and Watt for a long time

This just in: The Steelers will be sitting all of their starters again this week.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
A different angle....

I remember a time when we would be complaining about their level of class while they moved on and prepared for their next game. They had a focus because their next game meant something while ours were usually just us getting closer to the offseason.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
A different angle....

I remember a time when we would be complaining about their level of class while they moved on and prepared for their next game. They had a focus because their next game meant something while ours were usually just us getting closer to the offseason.

I agree. I would love to quickly get to the point where beating the Steelers isn't that big of a deal.. sure, be glad you won but it's not like you have a big celebration every time..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I don't know that we're even really there with the Bengals, yet.

Every division win is a big deal.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Lousy dancer to boot. Just sayin.'

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Thanks. Could not figure it out.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Moxdawg
Thanks. Could not figure it out.

No sweat. It took me a few minutes to figure it out with that site and I knew what I was looking for, lol

Browns is the Browns

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 48 Steelers 37 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard