Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Do it. Do it now.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat...political-party

President Trump has reportedly floated the possibility of starting a new political party as he prepares to leave the White House amid internal struggles within the Republican Party.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Tuesday that Trump has discussed the matter with associates in the last week, suggesting he would call it the "Patriot Party."

According to the Journal, it's unclear how serious the outgoing president is about starting a new party. The outlet noted that Trump's wide base of supporters was not heavily involved in the Republican Party before Trump became the party's 2016 presidential nominee.

Speculation has grown as to whether Trump will run for the presidency again in 2024. If he did, it could effectively exclude other viable Republican candidates from pursuing the presidency. Traditionally, third parties have failed to gain enough momentum to challenge the Democratic and Republican parties.

This endeavor would likely be strongly opposed by Republican leadership, as it would be seen as Trump siphoning off support for other Republican candidates.

Ever since he lost the presidential election, Trump's future after the White House has been brought into question. In November, Axios reported that Trump's allies were looking to buy into conservative news network Newsmax in order to compete with Fox News. However, Newsmax Chief Executive Officer Chris Ruddy denied that such discussions were occurring.

Trump's future endeavors in D.C. are likely to face challenges. His Senate impeachment trial is set to take place after he leaves office, and outgoing Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) has not yet decided whether he will vote to convict Trump. McConnell on Tuesday blamed trump for provoking the violent crowd that broke into the Capitol on Jan. 6.

Democratic lawmakers have called for Trump to be barred from running for federal office in the future, and on Tuesday Rep. Nikema Williams (D-Ga.) introduced legislation to ban Trump from entering the U.S. Capitol after his presidency ends on Wednesday.

_______

Please make this happen. I can only imagine how many confederate flags and Camp Auschwitz T shirts we will see at this kla...I mean, “patriot” party rally AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
Yes - do it. Let's see how much support you actually have Drumf.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Last edited by BADdog; 01/20/21 09:52 AM.

Joe Thomas #73
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
And since he pardoned Steve Brannon, he can put him in charge of running the party.

He already proved his loyalty by conning MAGA hatters out of Wall money, so lord only knows how much money he can drain out of them running his own party.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Get ready for it...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Great idea will help out the republican party so much.

Joe Thomas #73
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

The red carpet has been rolled up and the door to AF-1 has been closed...

AF-1 begins to taxi to the runway at 08:56...

Wheels up at 0900...destination Florida...so long!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
BTW, he did mention something about being back in some form..

That should make the GOP happy... nanner

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well...I've always been a big proponent of getting rid of a two party system...

...I didn't exactly envision or hope it would happen through this means, though.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
One thing I've noticed is that Trump "talks" about a lot of things. Lest anyone forget. He told his MAGA crowd he would be marching with them to the Capital building on Jan. 6th.

Instead he went home and watched the carnage on TV. Maybe his bone spurs flared up, I don't know. But with trump, if you listen to his talk you will end up trying to overthrow the government. The best way to tell anything about trump moving forward is to watch what he does, not listen to anything he says.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
ARTICLE FROM THE U.K. GUARDIAN by Marina Hyde

No grace, no dignity, no humility, no magnanimity, no class, no morals, no empathy, no soul. He has no friends, not even a dog.

His wife can’t bear his touch, his daughter can’t avoid it. Devoid of humour he doesn’t make jokes, he doesn’t laugh. Not ever. An occasional dismal rictus, a necrotic gash in his ochre-lacquered face-bladder signifies nothing more than his satisfaction in transacting failing with no compensating virtues. A craven coward. A sociopath. A serial rapist. A racist. A quisling. An opportunistic grifter. An inveterate cheat. A deceitful toad. A chronic liar. A shameless braggart. An ignoramus who lacks curiosity. He doesn’t read, he doesn’t care. Trump is a ridiculous, combed-over cartoon villain, a deranged clown with a face sprayed the colour of hang-over piss and toilet paper stuck to his shoe, whose wits are defeated by an open umbrella.

Rake the forests, nuke the hurricanes, inject the bleach, water bomb Notre Dame Cathedral, trade Greenland for Puerto Rico. Trump’s pompous idiocies are exceeded only by his appalling ignorance. Crediting the British with the foresight to build airstrips in the war of independence 110 years before the Wright Brothers first took flight, revealing the hitherto unknown Himalayan countries of Nipple and Button, accusing Baltic leaders of starting Balkans wars!

This clueless buffoon brags that he was able to keep the crayon inside the lines on his dementia test. Accusing Trump of a lack of self-awareness is like accusing Myra Hindley of poor child care standards. The Grand Fubar of dysfunction, the maestro of petty vindictiveness, of malice and resentful belligerence is testing coup options yet America flatters itself as being “the world’s greatest democracy” much to the bemusement of observers here in Oz. It’s beyond our imagining that we’d ever have a bloated braggart, a liar, a hypocrite, a lazy shirker, a crony-stacking blame shifter at the helm filtering Murdoch’s kidney stones through his teeth while monetizing a pandemic for the benefit of rich mates. Oh… what?

Trump, if he’d had the imagination, would’ve considered handing out small-pox infected blankets in Democrat-leaning districts but it’s too late now. A majority of Americans have said enough is enough. After 4 years of what-the-[censored]-has-he-done-now, 46,123 tweets and 20,000 documented lies while in office to 9th July 2020 he’s been reduced to pathetic whimpering's from his puckered-sphincter pout, playing his invisible accordion to an audience of gormless dullards, fellow hucksters and his retinue of fawning toadies, thralls, invertebrate lickspittles and hangers-on whose fealty is demanded but never reciprocated and who had neither the self-respect nor the courage to call out the capture of the US by an amoral, moronic lunatic.

We cannot know what tipped the scales against Trump. No lie has been too outrageous, bragging about sexual assault was just locker-room talk, five bankruptcies are apparently indicative of an astute businessman, stealing from a children’s cancer charity is fake news. Being laughed at by foreign leaders meh, because y’all –“Merica!” Throwing meat to Boogaloos, Proud Boys, Klansmen and Call Of Duty cos-players was addressing his base. Perhaps it was inciting violence from uniformed goon squads sooled onto lawful BLM protesters that crossed the line. Perhaps it was the denigration of war dead and veterans as losers and suckers by adraft-dodging, yellow, mangy dog that did it. More likely it was 11 million Covid-infected Americans, a quarter of a million who died while the orange blobulator ignored it, denied it, played it down, finger-pointed and then looked for ways to exploit it for his own advantage.

There is no excusing Trump, there is no sympathy that should be wasted on this pathetic parasite.

History should not record him as some sort of tragic King Lear but as an effluvium, a discharge from the bowels of a diseased system; a funk that has now been shared. He had always exhibited the narcissistic and antisocial personality disorders of a lack of empathy, grandiosity, lying and deceit, indifference to conventional laws or rules or morality that characterize a despot. But he possessed none of the cunning, artifice, commitment to a cause beyond himself, the political skills of a Stalin or the oratory of a Mussolini. He had no ambition beyond the grift and the trappings – palaces awash with potentate kitsch, a yearning for military parades, a pneumatic wife and his narcissistic cult of personality. He has no talent beyond the con, he’s a schmuck with the dumb luck to be born into wealth that metastasized B-grade celebrity into A-grade larceny.

Fittingly, he’s spending his last days shaping his own humiliation. It’s an Armando Iannucci script playing out in real life. If Trump was to be found drooling in a pool of his own (edited to ‘urine’ for this post) ala Stalin or dragged Sadam-like from his bolt-hole it would be the most metaphorically noteworthy achievement of his time in office.

Gone too will be his dreadful spawn. Ivanka’s in-it-up-to-her-nose-job reputation may limit her future career prospects to (edited to ‘helper’ for this post) at a New York sperm bank while Uday and Qusay could end up in Ryker’s Island trading sexual favours for lines. Jared Kushner may get a gig at a Madame Tussaud exhibit of auto-matronic rentboys. Melania, no doubt, would enjoy the embrace of a Justin Trudeau look-alike cabana boy, chuckling at the thought that Trump has only Rudi Guiliani left to go through the pre-nup looking for loopholes.

(The rest below is no longer relevant as he’s finally been purged... like last night’s Taco Bell after a night of heavy boozing.)
The end of America’s nightmare is near. However it plays out over the next two months, Trump is finished.

The irrelevant man.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
While I am sure Cult of Trump won't want to accept it ... that hit the nail on the head at so many levels. I mean succinct, real and exact.

The very last line is the only one I would debate - I am sure Trump will try to remain relevant by making a LOT of noise and the dog whistles to the Cult of Trump will be heard and they will froth at the mouth and continue to hate.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Where is Clem with his Dam Son meme when you need him?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Port,
Can you get a link for sum of that.
I tried to search for it on the Guardian's site and could not find.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

...I didn't exactly envision or hope it would happen through this means, though.

Yea, me too.

Justin Amash, who I have respect for, tweeted out a couple weeks ago about pulling Libertarians, constitutional conservatives, and classical liberals together to form a 3rd party.. and THAT is something I could get behind.

Splitting the GOP into the Trump supporters and the non-Trump supporters would ensure great success for the democrats for long time.. but if the non-Trump supporting GOP could grow into something more moderate and reasonable, it might be worth it in the long run.

yebat' Putin
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah I'd agree.

Could be interesting to watch the left potentially splinter into liberals and progressives. Then you'd have ReTrumplicans, Republicans, Democrats, and Progressives.

Would make for some interesting debates.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
What exactly do the "Patriots" stand for? Other than liking Trump? How do they differ from Republicans? Is it that he just needs his own fan club?

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
What exactly do the "Patriots" stand for? Other than liking Trump? How do they differ from Republicans? Is it that he just needs his own fan club?

I've been seeing this chatter about the Patriot Party on Twitter for many weeks.. I don't think it was even Trumps idea, it was the idea of some of his more loyal followers..

And I had the same question you are asking. Trumpism is a movement based solely on the personality of Trump and grand slogans like MAGA and Drain the Swamp.. it has no real political platform that one can point to and say this is what they believe on a variety of issues.. it is based on personality alone... which is not sustainable.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Originally Posted By: dawglover05

Yea, me too.

Justin Amash, who I have respect for, tweeted out a couple weeks ago about pulling Libertarians, constitutional conservatives, and classical liberals together to form a 3rd party.. and THAT is something I could get behind.

Splitting the GOP into the Trump supporters and the non-Trump supporters would ensure great success for the democrats for long time.. but if the non-Trump supporting GOP could grow into something more moderate and reasonable, it might be worth it in the long run.

Democrats would absolutely benefit in the short term, but even that (IMO) would be a long-term benefit. That depleted base could result in getting many of these entrenched Senators and Reps out of office and some fresh blood in.

I do think that a fair number of blue votes would move over to Repubs2.0

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Nobody cares about trumps little band racists now.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
It’s pretty interesting going through the comment section of right wing websites. The butthurt is rivaling that if the snowflake era of 2017. So many people calling republicans traitors and RINOs and wanting trump to crest the...lol, “patriot” party.

So many conservatives still think the election was stolen. It’s just further evidence that there’s no point in reasoning with people who can’t be reasoned with. Just point, laugh, and keep it moving.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I've pretty much suspended my engagement with them.

4 years have actually taught me something.
Apparently, Olde Dawgs can still learn new tricks.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O
My favorite is how we are supposed to just overlook the little insurrection and suddenly be brunch buddies with the Nazis. saywhat

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
I've pretty much suspended my engagement with them.

4 years have actually taught me something.
Apparently, Olde Dawgs can still learn new tricks.

Yep, that's clearly a productive way to go about it, but I do understand.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
My favorite is how we are supposed to just overlook the little insurrection and suddenly be brunch buddies with the Nazis. saywhat

It's only an issue if you're unable to discern a Nazi from someone that just has a different political opinion from you. To borrow a phrase...

All Nazi's have a different political opinion than you, but not everyone with a different political opinions are Nazis.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

It's only an issue if you're unable to discern a Nazi from someone that just has a different political opinion from you. To borrow a phrase...

All Nazi's have a different political opinion than you, but not everyone with a different political opinions are Nazis.

sure, lets pretend like there weren't germans who didn't like the nazi's....but also didn't do anything to stop them, either.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Swish

sure, lets pretend like there weren't germans who didn't like the nazi's....but also didn't do anything to stop them, either.

Didn't we just watch a Biden inauguration? I get what your saying, but the parallel only goes so far.

-PrplPplEater
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

Didn't we just watch a Biden inauguration? I get what your saying, but the parallel only goes so far.

not really. the people who stormed the capitol building are part of the same ideology who tried to kidnap the governor of michigan.

the same ideology that thinks obama is a foreign born muslim.

the same ideology that that lumps minorities as a whole while simultaneously demanding that they be judged as individuals.

the same ideology that is the largest domestic terrorist threat in this country, that has a higher body count of murdered cops than any inner city street gang can hope to accomplish.

i've said this before and i'll say it again. if the only thing you got to say for yourself is that you don't align with them politically, but turn around and mostly support and vote for the same politicians they are, then all you're giving me is empty words.

despite the fact that so many far right, white nationalist, white supremacist, Qanon infowars loving clowns - AKA the basket of deplorables that Hillary was DEAD CORRECT about- voted, supported, and defended trump and his puppets, 74 million people as a whole still voted for Trump.

that means a whole bunch of people who keep claiming they don't support those losers still voted right along with them.

just like there were a ton of germans who kept claiming they didn't like what the nazi's were doing...but didn't do a damn thing to stop them.

simply saying you don't support them doesn't mean a damn thing to me if you're gonna turn around and vote for the same clowns that encouraged that behavior to begin with.

thats like me telling y'all i hate how powerful these tech companies and other corporations have become, only to turn around and vote for the republicans who fought like hell to deregulate them in the first place.

words don't mean crap.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Not 100% sure what you mean by 'you', but for my part, I didn't vote for him (either time).

He got voted out (and it ended up not being close). Georgia flipped. His approval rating has cratered since the attempted coup (I'm sure you will say 'too little too late', and I wouldn't argue), and is continuing to go down. The legal cloud that was already hanging over his head has grown immensely and the protection offered from his base is eroding. QAnon is supposedly coming apart at the seams.

I might be giving many involved too much credit, but I also think you're not giving enough credit.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think the worst part in all of it is the fact that he has given legitimacy to a dangerous fringe element of our society that could only slither through the shadows at night previously. And it's not just Trump. Now that Trump spoke up to support some of their crazy conspiracy theories we're seeing officials elected of that same ilk. The genie is out of the bottle.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
You have members of congress from the right calling for unity and to "move on", not wanting to hold their fellow colleagues accountable for their calls to align with white supremacists (Hawley with his fist and Cruz fraternizing with Proud Boys), and entertaining the Qultists from Georgia and Colorado.

The white supremacists are still within the chambers, oober. They're masks are just fully on now rather than off like the last four years.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I never said they weren't in the chamber, or weren't a threat. My point is that it's just as incorrect to blindly label everyone with an 'R' with all the "ist's".

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, because as the right will tell you, the Democrats have some ists too.

Communists and socialists.

wink

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Don't forget centrists and corporatists...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
We don't really care much about those that would undermine the progress we will make only to help put Republicans like trump back in charge. They're only making noise to hear themselves talk.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Just a few isolated comments..

Quote:
the same ideology that that lumps minorities as a whole while simultaneously demanding that they be judged as individuals.

the left does this equally well, demanding that minorities have to all think, act, behave, and vote the same way..

Quote:
i've said this before and i'll say it again. if the only thing you got to say for yourself is that you don't align with them politically, but turn around and mostly support and vote for the same politicians they are, then all you're giving me is empty words.

gee, it's almost like we need a couple more political parties, correct? Because right now my choices are to vote for democrats when I disagree with significant portions of their platform, or vote along side the Nazis... good choices. Yet people like me are the ones that get called names when we are somewhat apathetic to the choices we have for higher office and we are told to "Pick a side"... then if we vote 3rd party we are told (by both sides) that we wasted our vote and passively voted for the other side... I don't want either "side".

yebat' Putin
B
Legend
Legend
B
The problem with any thought to a serious 3rd party means that 50% of the country won't hate the President. 66% will.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Did you vote 3rd party this year?

Are you gonna vote for the patriot party in The future?

Or are you gonna do what you always do: stay home if you don’t like the Republican candidate?

Last time I checked, I’ve been the biggest advocate on this board when it comes to multiple parties for quite some time. So miss me with that BS. But it says something that every time a “3rd” party pops up, it’s filled with right wing conspiracy theorist with an underlying dislike of those who don’t look like them. So far this century, the tea party was first at bat, and now a potential of the patriot party coming up.

If that’s how y’all wanna roll, more power to you. But please don’t think that because I enjoy mocking the crap of out those movements that I don’t think it shouldn’t exist; it’s just super easy to laugh at it. Even you can admit that it ain’t hard for those movements to make a fool out of themselves.

But this idea of a 3rd party is starting to be something people say without actually following through. It’s like people who constantly whine about term limits.

The last time I checked, the founding fathers gave Americans the ultimate right to enforce term limits on politicians: the right to vote.

But it’s conservatives/right wingers who whine the most about term limits, but then look what happens:

Mitch McConnell had literally been in the senate longer than I’ve been alive. His first term started in 1985. I was born in 87. Conservatives talking about term limits, but those same conservatives just voted for that dude AGAIN for another six years. He literally had a better chance of dying in office due to old age before he has to worry about another election, and yet the conservatives whining and calling him a RINO cause he didn’t help trump and blamed him for losing control of the senate are now regretting their vote.

Seriously DC, what am I suppose to do with that? How else am I suppose to come away with NOT thinking that conservatives can’t practice what they preach? Look at GA. That senator Perdue openly BRAGGED about firing Americans and shipping jobs overseas. He openly BRAGGED about wanting to continue that practice. And yet your ideology- the same ones who talk about American jobs and American first and all that other stuff- voted for him. The ONLY reason he didn’t win re-election is because trump and his kraken team convinced enough crazies that the election was rigged and not safe, so a lot of conservatives didn’t even show up.

Again, how else am I’m suppose to observe that other than pure hypocrisy? How else am I suppose to come with another conclusion than you conservatives have no freaking idea what you want?

Evidence after evidence keeps showing the country that you conservatives want everyone else to live up to a standard that y’all won’t even follow.

You can say whatever you want about liberals and the Democratic Party, but at least they don’t lie about being for big government and higher taxes and such.

Y’all keep talking about American first, then vote for the exact opposite. What you’re telling me, and what’s EXACTLY happening, isn’t lining up.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
The problem with any thought to a serious 3rd party means that 50% of the country won't hate the President. 66% will.

Good. Maybe the President would have to think of people outside of their base then.

And it's not just about the President, imagine if Congress was 38% Party 1, 27% party 2, and 35% party 3.. well damn, nobody could ram their own agenda down the others throat just by having 51%. They might have to work together, make compromises.. you know, GOVERN.

yebat' Putin
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump has talked to associates about forming new political party: report

Link Copied to Clipboard