Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Buffalo should have gone for it IMO. Cutting the lead to 9 means nothing

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
This game makes me think we put up a better fight against KC than the Bills are. And we should have beat KC, the Bills, and went to the Superbowl.

yep... sucks...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Buffalo should have gone for it IMO. Cutting the lead to 9 means nothing

100%.... field goals aint winning this game

<><

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Better not kick it.

Legend
Legend
i might have to actually hope tom brady wins another superbowl...

<><

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Looks like the SB will be between the old GOAT and the kid that would be GOAT. I have to give Tom Brady credit for getting TB to the SB whether they win or not.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Chiefs are going to the Super bowl.

Perenial worst teams in football in 1985.

Ariz, then st Louis cardinals 5.

4. Atlanta falcons

3, the New England Patriots

2, Green Bay Packers

1. The Kansas City Chiefs,

1b. The Tampa bay Buccaneers

honorable mention, the Buffalo Bills

Who'd I forget,

anyway,
It was Over, when the interception stood near the start of the 4th quarter.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Browns didn't stop that Chiefs Running game in the first quarter last week.

T
Legend
Legend
T
thought!

TAKE A LONG LOOK! The Bills!

Had the best defense in the NFL for the past 4 years!

now?

is defense winning them a championship? No.

Offense!

Offense wins championships!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Chiefs will BLOW out the Bucs.

No need to watch.

T
Legend
Legend
T
roughing the passer, when there is obvious holding

protector grabbed the guy from behind by one should pad and re directed the rusher,

c'mon it's the wide shot it's holding from 500 miles away visable,

... Whatever refs'

told to make calls to keep the game closer so folks would stay tuned in.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Chiefs and Buccaneers are going to meet in the first ever Super Bowl ever played!

T
Legend
Legend
T
Nice onside kick recovery by the Bills,
won't make a bit of difference in the outcome of this game,
but nice anyway.

This wouldn't have happened if the refs had called the holding instead of roughing the passer 15 plays ago.

L
Legend
Legend
L
So Buf had 1 unsportsmanlike and 2 personal fouls and KC had 1 unsportsmanlike all off set? thats going to need some explaining

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
T
Legend
Legend
T
If you were the Ref how would you have called that play,

me,

Roughing the passer on the tackle, occurred after the play was whistled for in the grasp/grass

plus 15 yards personal foul on the defense one time.

end result
loss of down, +automatic first down,
first and 45 ish on whatever yard line.

This game is fun to watch for a game that has no chance of swinging. grin

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Baker > Allen

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Don’t know who I’ll be rooting for in the Super Bowl. Not much a fan of either team now.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
The Bucs story for 2020 is a good one. I really like Bruce Arians and would like to see him win a Super Bowl. I'm also curious to see what Belichick and the obnoxious Pat fans (I know a few) have to say when Brady and Gronk lift the trophy. I didn't think there was a chance in hell of them going to the Super Bowl this year.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
I don't see how you can't be a fan of TB in this one. Bruce finally gets in his superbowl after retiring and coming back and Brady finally showing everyone who actually made those NE teams work and at his age is unprecedented. Hard not to root for that as a fan of the game. I know KC is the young team and has the stars..but they have quite a few people on that team that make it hard to root for them. Theyll get their turn. I want to see Bruce and Tom win. Tom very well could retire if they win. Hell maybe even Bruce too. Not alot of people thought TB would be in there. I did after they made the playoffs because I've learned not to bet against Brady once the games mean something. That and Bruce was easily the best coach in the NFC in the playoffs

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
O
Legend
Legend
O
I was trying to to root against Tom Brady yesterday, but ended up pulling for the Bucs. Arians needs a 'chip (I wanted him here instead of Freddie).

Also the whole "who made it happen, TB or 'the Emperor'" conversation is a fun one with Belichek's team currently in shambles and Brady going on his latest championship offseason. Plus it twists the knife currently in Patriots fans' collective backs.

... and Rodgers isn't exactly someone that's easy to root for....

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm with you. Would like to see the Bucs prevail. Good story.

Although it should be Bucs-Browns. laugh

Legend
Legend
Funny tidbits:

1. The Packers got rid of McCarthy because he was 1-2 in Conference Championships. They bring in Lafleur to essentially let Rodgers run the offense exactly as he wants. They're now 0-2 in Conference Championships with Lafleur. Be careful what you wish for.

2. Brady has 1 NFCCG win, same as Brees and Rodgers. Thing is, Brees and Rodger have been in the NFC for 35 combined years, Brady only 1 year. And he's 43 too.

3. Rodgers is 1-4 in NFCCG's and the lone win was against the Bears, where Cutler didn't play the 2nd half and Caleb Hanie took over, and almost won. The defining 2nd half play wasn't a Packers offensive TD or FG, it was a BJ Raji pick-6 that iced the game.

4. In two of those four NFCCG loses (2014 and 2020), Wilson and Brady gifted Rodgers with 8 turnovers (7 INTs) and Rodgers scored all of 13 points off them. Last night, Brady converted 14 points off 2 turnovers.

5. The decision to kick that FG might be one of the worst decisions of all time. It's up there with Pete calling a pass from the one (it's not above that though). You have the probably MVP, a future lock HOFamer, he's playing well (346 yards), the highest scoring offense in the league, Adams as a WR, a team that converts TDs in the redzone 78% of the time, a 4th down offense that converts 62% of the time, there's 2 mins left in the game, you're down 8 points and you kick the FG? Also while expecting the GOAT QB on the other team to go 3-&-out or you lose the game. Holy Toledo! That's like punting from your opponents 35-yard line. GO FOR IT! Heck, if you don't get the TD, you have them pinned back, no time was wasted on a kickoff and you STILL NEED TO FORCE THE SAME 3-&-out to get the ball back (or 5-&-out with the 4 timeouts). Again, GO FOR IT!

6. This one gets me. Lafleur suggested he kicked because they didn't score on the first three downs. If a HC kicked a FG on 4th down simply because they didn't score on the first three downs, then NO HC's would ever go for the TD on 4th down. Yet, teams go for it on 4th down, especially in that situation, all the time. You still need 8 points!

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
P
Legend
Legend
P
When you get three picks against Brady and can't turn that into points on the board, you deserve to lose.

The Packers looked like crap. The Chiefs won't. It's time the torch is passed.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
The Packers certainly didn’t capitalize at all on Brady’s INTs ... 3 INTs turned into 3 points ... ouch

L
Legend
Legend
L
Rodgers always seemed to me like a good season QB but lousy playoff QB.. some qb's just don't play well with the pressure.. Look at Allen yesterday.. he couldnt have looked more uncomfortable. I think Baker is in the "plays well when pressure is on" I think if he got a shot against the Bills he would have lit them up

D
Legend
Legend
D
You just can't kick a FG in that situation. I was trying to imagine what things would be like here in Cleveland, and on this message board if Stefanski had done that. Words like "enraged" and "outraged" come to mind.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dave
Seriously Supe, its weak to like your own posts.

Seriously Dave, its weak to to tell me I can't like my own posts... brownie

O
Legend
Legend
O
He didn't tell you you couldn't....

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
He didn't tell you you couldn't....

I didn't tell him he couldn't either....

Legend
Legend
You just can't kick a FG in that situation. I was trying to imagine what things would be like here in Cleveland, and on this message board if Stefanski had done that. Words like "enraged" and "outraged" come to mind.

In no way am I saying it was the same thing, but it was about 5% similar. When we punted to KC on our last possession, I thought about not getting the ball back. I also thought about the play calling, lack of urgency and the wasted timeouts, but I thought with 2 first downs, the game is over.

Sure, the facts at that moment said punt. Mahomes wasn't in the game, 4+ minutes left, we were still on our side of the field and our D had just picked them off.

BUT, but I still wondered if that was the right call (even though it was). I can't begin to think how pissed I'd be if we kicked a FG in the same situation had we advanced.

I've been arguing with people all day. "But ESPN said the metrics say going for it was only slightly better than kicking". Sure, using all historic games. Averaged out, sure. But GB didn't have an average QB, average WR, average offense, playing at a neutral site and had an average QB they were kicking off to on the other team. They had Rodgers, the 2020 MVP, the highest scoring offense in the league, homefield and an insane WR to throw to. And it was Tom M.F. Brady ready to ice the game on the other team. And the Bucs were missing their starting safeties too (not out since week 10, out that game). That changes the probability that going for it is the ONLY option. GO FOR IT!

It's indefensible.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yes, you were too busy liking your own posts. Does it make you feel good to see that 1 person agrees with you?

-PrplPplEater
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Let's face it, other than the one season he won the Super Bowl, Aaron Rodgers has choked in the big games and the window is starting to close for him. If he never get's there again this is how he will be remembered.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I think Rodgers should be remembered as one of the best to ever play the game whose coach took the ball out of his hands on 4th and goal, down by 8 with 2 minutes in the game, and turning the ball back over to the absolute best ever QB after a meaningless FG. IMO, it was one of the most ill-considered, gutless coaching decisions ever. I also think the "choke" label gets thrown around way too much.

Legend
Legend
I think Rodgers should be remembered as one of the best to ever play the game whose coach took the ball out of his hands on 4th and goal, down by 8 with 2 minutes in the game, and turning the ball back over to the absolute best ever QB after a meaningless FG. IMO, it was one of the most ill-considered, gutless coaching decisions ever. I also think the "choke" label gets thrown around way too much.

As much as I agree with you, Rodgers record in big games suggests this has been a bigger problem than just this week. Also, if Rodgers played better in the first three quarters, they wouldn't have been in that situation and the HC might have had more confidence in him coming through.

I think the loss, and the other three NFCCG loses, are an indictment of the head coaches and Rodgers, combined. As I mentioned above, the one time they advanced to the Super Bowl, Cutler "faked" an injury to avoid playing and Hanie almost came back to beat Rodgers (and a huge DT saved the day with a pick-6).

I'm not suggesting Rodgers stinks, because he obviously doesn't. But maybe he's the kind of guy that shrinks a bit under pressure and his defense and coaching staff aren't good enough to pick up the slack (while Brady's defense and coach can pick him up when he gags a bit from time to time).

I think that's why you need a complete team. One great QB can only get you so far (in general). Therefore, keep building our defense.

[Linked Image]

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Rodgers does not stink by any means. By the time he hangs it up he will be considered to be one of the top 5 QB's to ever play. However, he does seem to have problems in the big games. He was lucky to beat the Bears the one time he did win it. JMO

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Aaron Rodgers' playoff record
Rodgers is 11-8 as a starter in the postseason. The 11 wins are tied with former Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks Troy Aikman (11-4) and Roger Staubach (11-6).

Four of Rodgers' playoff losses were in games that went to overtime, and in three of those losses the Packers did not have an offensive possession. Rodgers is 1-0 in the Super Bowl. He led Green Bay to a 31-25 victory against Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLV on Feb. 6, 2011. Rodgers won Super Bowl MVP honors. He finished 24 of 39 passing for 309 yards and three TDs.

Aaron Rodgers' postseason stats
Rodgers has a 64.3 completion percentage in 19 playoff starts. He averages 280.2 passing yards per game and has totaled 42 TDs with 12 interceptions in those games.

yes - seems like he shrinks under the pressure.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I would be looking at the HC and the defense when determining why they are 1-4 in NFC Championship games, not Arod.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
thought!

TAKE A LONG LOOK! The Bills!

Had the best defense in the NFL for the past 4 years!

now?

is defense winning them a championship? No.

Offense!

Offense wins championships!

As a statistical point, the Bills weren't even close to having the best defense in the NFL the last 4 years...

I could easily make the argument that their offense (which went from 24th in the nfl to 2nd) wasn't enough to compensate for the fact that their defense went from 2nd to 16th..

Their defense not keeping pace is why they lost..

yebat' Putin
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2020 NFL Season NFL 2020 Post Season Conference Championships

Link Copied to Clipboard