Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1841037 01/13/21 06:28 PM
Jester Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Cleveland Cavaliers to acquire Jarrett Allen, Taurean Prince in blockbuster deal that sends James Harden to Brooklyn
Updated 5:08 PM; Today 4:52 PM
Portland Trail Blazers vs. Brooklyn Nets
Brooklyn Nets' Jarrett Allen will be coming to the Cleveland Cavaliers.AP

Facebook Share
Twitter Share
By Chris Fedor, cleveland.com
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cleveland Cavaliers were one of four teams involved in an NBA blockbuster trade Wednesday afternoon that sent All-Star guard James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets.

According to sources who spoke with cleveland.com on the condition of anonymity because the agreed-to trade has not yet been finalized, the Cavs will receive 22-year-old center Jarrett Allen and swingman Taurean Prince from Brooklyn in exchange for Dante Exum, Milwaukee’s 2022 first-round pick and a 2024 second-round pick.

Exum and the first-rounder will go to Houston while the Nets receive the second-rounder.

Allen is the main piece for the Cavs, giving them a young shot-blocking center that can grow with their young core. A restricted free agent this offseason, the Cavs will inherit Allen’s Bird rights and are optimistic about their chances of signing him to a long-term contract.

In 12 games with Brooklyn this season, Allen is averaging 11.2 points on 67.7% from the field to go with 10.4 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 1.6 blocks.

Prince gives the undermanned Cavs a healthy, versatile wing while Dylan Windler continues to recover from a fractured left hand.

In order to make the deal work, the Cavs will waive Thon Maker and Yogi Ferrell, sources say.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/01/c...o-brooklyn.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Who are these other guys in this trade? I’ve never heard of them. Is Harden any good?

Legend
Legend
Harden is okay. Refs obviously think he's hot, they whistle at him every time anyone else gets near him.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Jester Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I don't really follow the NBA, so know nothing about any of these guys. Saw the trade and thought some of you might be interested.

Legend
Legend
It looks like we are loading up on big Centers. We have Drummond, McGee, and now have added Allen. I have to believe they have another move coming with one of their current Centers, because, with this move, they have really loaded up on the 7 footers.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I love the mentality of players in the NBA. Harden has b*tched, moaned and ran players out of town for eight years. This time he spends the offseason eating bologna sandwiches and pop tarts and comes back to complain until they trade him... To go to a team where Kyrie shows up for work whenever he feels like it, burns sage all over the court when he does, and openly ignores all Covid protocol.

Me, me, MEEEEEE!!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: FATE
I love the mentality of players in the NBA. Harden has b*tched, moaned and ran players out of town for eight years. This time he spends the offseason eating bologna sandwiches and pop tarts and comes back to complain until they trade him... To go to a team where Kyrie shows up for work whenever he feels like it, burns sage all over the court when he does, and openly ignores all Covid protocol.

Me, me, MEEEEEE!!

Don't forget about Kevin Durant and his Twitter burner accounts.

Cleveland Browns, Space Browns
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
R
Legend
Legend
R
I like this trade for the Cavs.

Legend
Legend
Me too. Glad we got in on this chicanery.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Who are these other guys in this trade? I’ve never heard of them. Is Harden any good?

The strippers in New Jersey just got really happy...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Not sure how I feel about it yet. I don't get giving up a first unless we sign Allen to a long term deal.

It feels like there's another move in the works.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: clwb419
Not sure how I feel about it yet. I don't get giving up a first unless we sign Allen to a long term deal.

This seems to portend a Drummond move in the future.

Legend
Legend

To who? His contract would seem to eliminate almost every team in the NBA ..... unless we take back a lot of bad contracts in return. His contract is for $28.75 million.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

To who? His contract would seem to eliminate almost every team in the NBA ..... unless we take back a lot of bad contracts in return. His contract is for $28.75 million.

There are plenty of teams that could easily trade for him. Charlotte comes to mind but there are many others.

Jester Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Or they are not planning on bringing him back next season and are preparing to replace him.

Legend
Legend

There are plenty of teams that could easily trade for him. Charlotte comes to mind but there are many others.

What would they give up for a 1 season rental on Drummond, and how would such a deal benefit the Cavs?

M
Legend
Legend
M
Acquiring Allen decreases Drummond's leverage in contract negotiations with the Cavs. The Cavs bought themselves another option at Center should a long term deal not be worked out with Drummond or he chooses to walk.

I like the trade.

C
Legend
Legend
C

What would they give up for a 1 season rental on Drummond, and how would such a deal benefit the Cavs?

Way more than the Cavs would get if Drummond walked for nothing.

Legend
Legend

Way more than the Cavs would get if Drummond walked for nothing.

Not if the Cavaliers have to take a bunch of bad contracts in return.

Legend
Legend

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Thought I'd put here, not necessarily worth a new thread.

Legend
Legend
He’s been a jerk a few times .. no surprise

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
L
Legend
Legend
L
he was a headcase in college and pros..it was a bad pick then and even worse now.. We don't really need him anyways. We just need guys to get healthy

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
B
Legend
Legend
B
Modern day slavery? LOL

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
What a shame. He's a really talented kid, but obviously troubled as well.

Legend
Legend
Dude's definitely been taking a slow ride down the wrong road. Buh-bye.

Legend
Legend
Yep and it was right here in Niles &#128516;

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Kevin Porter Jr. trade a painful setback in Cleveland Cavaliers’ rebuild: Chris Fedor

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/01/c...hris-fedor.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Cavaliers had no choice.

Kevin Porter Jr. -- a 6-foot-4 wing who teased fans, teammates, coaches and executives with a promising rookie season dotted with hypnotizing on-court flashes of star qualities -- wasn’t going to reach his potential here in Cleveland.

Head coach J.B. Bickerstaff, who volunteered to oversee Porter’s development at the start of the 2019-20 season while Bickerstaff was still John Beilein’s lead assistant, couldn’t consistently get through to Porter -- even though Bickerstaff is known leaguewide as a great communicator, leader and culture-builder.

General manager Koby Altman, who started fostering a bond with Porter during his erratic freshman season at USC, often checking in with the troubled youngster via text and spending plenty of time on campus getting to know him, couldn’t get through to Porter anymore either. At least, not enough to pull him back after months of missteps.

“The organization did everything and more for him,” a league source told cleveland.com. “They went above and beyond. They gave him more chances than most franchises would have.”

Now the Houston Rockets will try to save Porter from destroying his career -- a hopeful start that spiraled quickly with too much free time during a pandemic-extended offseason, a string of poor decisions away from the court and immaturity that followed him, first from Seattle to USC and then college to Cleveland. Always one step forward and a few steps back.

For the Rockets, it’s a low-risk, high-reward move -- a worthy gamble for an organization that recently dealt James Harden to the Brooklyn Nets and has assistant coach John Lucas, who has a history of helping reclamation projects with off-court issues. If it doesn’t work, the Rockets move on, giving up nothing considering the heavily-protected second-round draft pick the Cavs get is unlikely to ever convey.

For the Cavs, it’s a significant setback in their rebuild.

Teammates considered Porter the most talented of the young core, the player with the likeliest path to stardom. Members of the front office viewed him as untouchable when rival teams reached out in prior trade talks. Porter was supposed to be the one -- the centerpiece of this rebuild with the capability of altering the trajectory, the phenom they stole at the end of the first round.

Even after an offseason arrest, Porter was still in Cleveland’s long-term vision, choosing to pick up his third-year option.

What could have been. Flash forward to Thursday. The Cavs agreed to a trade that was basically a salary dump. They had two options: Deal Porter for very little or waive him outright. They chose the least painful, getting some wiggle room below the luxury tax and an open roster spot earmarked for a backup point guard to help fill the short-term void with Matthew Dellavedova sidelined indefinitely because of a concussion.

Make no mistake: No one looks good here.

Not Porter, who received multiple chances to show the organization he learned from his mistakes, to prove he had the emotional maturity to deal with everything that goes into being an NBA player. The Cavs set goals for him and Porter didn’t always work toward them, feeling disrespected with the organization holding him out for so long. They were hoping he would reciprocate or simply respond in a different, more mature way. They were also hoping Porter would make better choices when it came to those around him.

The Cavs empathized with him, recognizing his chaotic past and the massive burden he was carrying at such a young age, moving his family to Cleveland so they could be taken care of and safe. Despite the time, effort, resources, and extra care, it didn’t work. How do you help someone who is not willing to help themselves? How many next times will you give before frustration builds and exhaustion overwhelms?

Altman doesn’t look good either. He took a gamble nearly two years ago, paying $5 million and giving up four second-round picks for Porter’s draft rights. The Cavs worked tirelessly to accumulate those assets. They are in no position to throw them away -- even if just second-rounders. The Cavs knew all the reasons behind Porter’s draft night plummet. They did their homework, talked to countless people and met with Porter personally. Despite some other teams taking him off the board, the Cavs were enamored with his upside, seeing a Harden-like offensive package and tantalizing two-way traits.

Their thought process: What does it look like for this kid when we provide structure he’s never had, a consistent routine he needs, proper eating habits, a better sleep schedule, workouts, professional coaching, a few veterans to show him the way and Bickerstaff as a relatable mentor?

It wasn’t perfect in Year One. There were some slipups. But his rookie season made it seem a wise bet.

Porter averaged 10.0 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.2 assists. He was one of the bright spots during a sometimes-miserable 19-win season that ended abruptly in March because of the COVID-19 pandemic. He dueled Harden in a captivating showdown last December. Porter ignited a February comeback against the Miami Heat, tallying a career-high 30 points.

Bickerstaff often referred to Porter as one of the best passers on the roster and there was excitement about the possibility of using the 20-year-old swingman as a playmaking guard. Porter developed a close relationship with assistant coach Lindsay Gottlieb, who spoke of her love for the youngster.

Then it all changed during a lengthy offseason. Porter drifted away.

In August of 2020, he was accused of punching a woman in the face. In October, Porter posted a black square on his Instagram with the message “Do you ever wish to see the end of your time?” That incident led to Cavs officials and teammates reaching out to him, making sure he was OK and offering to help. He was involved in a one-car accident in November -- arrested and charged with improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle, failure to control the vehicle and misdemeanor possession of marijuana. All of those charges were dismissed.

Porter’s days with the Cavs reached a breaking point last Friday when he became upset after learning his space in the locker room had been given to newly acquired forward Taurean Prince. Porter had returned to practice with the Cavs a day earlier -- part of an undisclosed reintegration plan.

That night, Altman came in and tried to talk through the issue. But Porter wouldn’t calm down. Food was thrown. Tensions rose. The verbal exchange between Porter and Altman was “uncomfortable for everyone in there,” said a source who witnessed it.

Friday was the culmination of too many mistakes, including disrespecting teammates and staff members.

Following that confrontation, Porter was told to clean out his locker and removed from the building, exiled from the team while the front office determined the next steps.

“We all want to see Kevin be successful, and I still feel that way,” Bickerstaff said Monday. “So whatever it is that happens in the future for him, I hope nothing but the best for him. And it’s part of our responsibility as coaches to give everyone our all and try to make the best of every situation. I can say that we did that.”

Bickerstaff’s message has centered on togetherness, collective buy in, accountability and discipline. The Cavs are trying to build a culture that’s not yet firmly established. A surprising 7-7 start has them moving in the right direction, currently in the Eastern Conference playoff picture a month into this strange season. They couldn’t risk all of that for one player, no matter how talented. They had already gambled enough on him.

The Cavs didn’t want this. They stood by Porter after his arrest. They repeatedly referred to him as a good kid at his core. It wasn’t an impulsive decision.

Maybe there were some things they could’ve done better. Same goes for Porter. Bickerstaff and Altman will surely reflect on that. They will take the mirror test. But moving on was the best -- and only -- option for everyone involved. Porter was the lone guy who couldn’t live up to the organizational standard. What would it say about the core values if he kept getting preferential treatment and endless chances? This was a message. Words into action.

With Porter gone, the focus turns to the remainder of Cleveland’s young nucleus. Collin Sexton displaces Porter as the cornerstone. Low-maintenance Sexton has been one of the Eastern Conference’s best players over a breathtaking six-month stretch that extends back to last December. His recent play helps soften the stinging blow.

Jarrett Allen’s arrival is a nice boost, giving the Cavs a 22-year-old center of the future who becomes the defensive linchpin. Dylan Windler is nearing a comeback and was a threat to Porter’s playing time. Taurean Prince, the throw-in piece of the Allen deal, is still just 26 years old. Isaac Okoro has impressed the Cavs since being drafted fifth overall in November. Darius Garland showed exciting growth before suffering a sprained right shoulder. Don’t forget unheralded Larry Nance Jr. Having all of them at least helps.

The Cavs chose culture over talent. They deserve credit. But it doesn’t change the end result: Cleveland lost one of its treasured -- and most important -- building blocks.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
It sucks about Porter because obviously he has upside and potential ... but I like where our culture is headed and the core here. Tough to do, but the right thing to do

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
It turns out Porter wasn't one of our treasured building block, so I don't agree with Fedors conclusion.

Move on...looking back and thinking about what could of been is non productive.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
It sucks cause it’s yet another guy with crazy talent but is currently wasting it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Swish
It sucks cause it’s yet another guy with crazy talent but is currently wasting it.

I agree. I was going to add this reminds me a bit of Josh Gordon.

it's a shame on a few levels. A shame because as you said, he has the talent. No telling how much money he could make and how much good he could do if he channeled his efforts differently.

It is also a shame that the guy has made near or more in his short life then people who actually give effort and try to make good will make in nearly a lifetime.

And he is complaining about modern day slavery? Yikes!

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C

C
Legend
Legend
C

I was told they couldn’t trade Drummond.

Jester Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Cleveland Cavaliers taking calls on Andre Drummond, but trade could be difficult
Updated 4:43 PM; Today 4:21 PM
nba basketball
The Cleveland Cavaliers will explore trades for Andre Drummond ahead of the deadline. AP

Facebook Share
Twitter Share
By Chris Fedor, cleveland.com

SAN FRANCISCO -- The Cleveland Cavaliers’ no-brainer decision to acquire Jarrett Allen last month signaled the end for Andre Drummond. Just a matter of how and when.

The same happened one year earlier with Tristan Thompson, who eventually left for Boston in free agency. No midseason trade. No buyout. Thompson finished the coronavirus-shortened campaign in Cleveland and then signed a two-year deal with the Celtics as an unrestricted free agent.

Drummond won’t last that long. Following a lengthy conversation between general manager Koby Altman, Drummond and agent Jeff Schwartz of Excel Sports on Sunday afternoon, the sides mutually agreed to have Drummond sit while the front office looks for a trade. Drummond rested in Los Angeles and will do the same Monday night against the Golden State Warriors.

The NBA trade deadline is still more than a month away. Sources say the Cavs have actually received calls on all three of their centers. But only two -- Drummond and JaVale McGee -- are available. For the right price, of course.

Even before coming to this decision regarding Drummond, the Cavs had done their homework on potential suitors and are aware of which teams fit the general framework of a deal that could require some creativity -- or a third team to help facilitate.

On one side: Teams with the contracts to make it work financially. On the other side: Teams who would be interested in the talented two-time All-Star who isn’t the easiest stylistic fit. Finding the intersection of those teams is key. It’s also tougher than some may realize.

Drummond makes a lot of money. His salary number for this season is $28.7 million. Per NBA rules, contracts essentially need to match, with a tiny bit of wiggle room when it comes to incoming and outgoing salaries. Most players around his cap number are either really good -- and therefore aren’t available -- or are overpaid and unappealing. The glut of the mammoth deals signed in the frenetic summer of 2016 have evaporated.

At one point this season, the Cavs weren’t fully committed to moving on from Drummond, believing it was possible to work through any issues and push for a playoff spot. But it became abundantly clear over the last few weeks that platooning two starter-quality centers wasn’t in the best interest of anyone. Cleveland’s play deteriorated, Drummond’s frustration built and teammates started believing one had to go. It wasn’t going to be Allen, the better-fitting center. He’s the future. And the future is now.

Drummond, an impending free agent, was always the most expendable piece -- provided the Cavs didn’t feel he was needed to stay competitive.

Now the Cavs are faced with another question: Are they open to taking on future money? This answer could determine the kinds of offers they receive. Sources say the Cavs would prefer not to go into multiple years with bad contracts, keeping a cleaner cap sheet for the impending Collin Sexton and Allen extensions, but are open-minded to the possibility if the asset (draft pick or player) is tempting enough to justify a restricted future cap.

Perhaps there’s a situation where they like that high-priced piece. In the recent trade with Brooklyn, Taurean Prince was the “bad money.” Not only did the Cavs get a quality asset (Allen) in that maneuver, but they were also fine taking Prince’s dumped contract because he was going to slot into their rotation.

“If they’re open to taking on future money, they could get a good first-round pick,” an opposing executive told cleveland.com. “If they’re only targeting expirings, the compensation drops to maybe a late first or maybe multiple seconds. With such a large contract, the options will be limited but the talent is still worth something to a team that needs a big.”

Potential fits

In any hypothetical swap, start with teams that need frontcourt help. Contenders aren’t the only options either. A year ago, the Cavs -- a rebuilding team headed for the lottery -- pre-spent their cap space to acquire Drummond, believing he would opt into his contract for the 2020-21 season. The Atlanta Hawks, near the bottom of the Eastern Conference standings at the time, sent a pair of first-round picks to Houston for building block Clint Capela. It’s possible a bad team wants to sign Drummond in free agency this coming summer and sees value to obtaining his Bird rights or bringing him in for a two-month trial period.

Nonetheless, given his contract situation, a team with playoff aspirations is most logical.

Brooklyn Nets

The Nets sending away Allen left them thin at center. Over the last two weeks, they’ve signed Norvel Pelle and Noah Vonleh, hoping one or both can be a viable short-term helper alongside starter DeAndre Jordan. Not likely. While the need is clear, Brooklyn doesn’t have the pieces to make a deal happen -- unless it is willing to include sharpshooter Joe Harris, who isn’t eligible for a trade until March 2, and is a needed piece around Brooklyn’s Big Three.

Other than Harris, who would be appealing to Cleveland?

A hypothetical non-Harris deal would have to start with injured 27-year-old combo guard Spencer Dinwiddie and his $11.4 million contract. That leaves the Nets around $17 million short. The Cavs don’t have any interest in Jordan and the $30 million he’s owed through 2022-23. For them -- or any other team -- to take Brooklyn’s starting center, who is very close to Irving and Durant by the way, it would require an asset as a deal sweetener. Well, the Nets already unloaded a plethora of those in the James Harden blockbuster. It’s why Brooklyn is desperately hoping for a Drummond buyout -- even though a source called the buyout notion “absolutely ridiculous” and said there have been no conversations about that.

Toronto Raptors

The Raptors attempted to replace Serge Ibaka and Marc Gasol with Aron Baynes and Alex Len -- a pair of signings that have flopped. Len was released in early January. Given Toronto has raw but intriguing Chris Boucher, who has seen an uptick in minutes and production, it’s fair to wonder how much his recent rise could alter the Raptors’ view of their center spot.

Any deal would have to start with Baynes, who became trade eligible last weekend. Baynes plus starting swingman Norman Powell, old Cavalier Patrick McCaw and reclamation project Stanley Johnson gets there salary wise. One problem: A four-for-one deal means the Cavs would be waiving a player they like.

Baynes would fill backup center minutes. Powell slides into the open roster spot. McCaw and Johnson put them two above the max. The Cavs could cut Dean Wade, who is on a non-guaranteed deal, but their power forward position is currently dire. The number of players coming back makes this one complicated.

There’s also this: Even though a Powell trade seems inevitable given his contract (player option for the 2021-22 season) and expected pay raise, can’t the Raptors find a better trade? Powell is a 27-year-old swingman who is averaging career-highs in scoring (16.3 points) and 3-point percentage (42.4%).

“That’s a pipe dream,” a Western Conference executive said while laughing when the hypothetical Drummond-Powell deal was brought up.

Well, what if the Cavs try to sweeten the package with Cedi Osman, who sources say could also be had? That would give Toronto playable depth on the wing at a more reasonable salary number than what Powell will soon be looking at. Putting Osman’s $8.8 million in there would force the inclusion of another team.

Dallas Mavericks

A source with knowledge of the Mavericks’ thinking suggested Kevin Love as a much better fit given the team’s 3-point woes and desire to surround MVP candidate Luka Doncic with shooters. Love would also help boost Dallas’ problematic defensive rebounding metrics. Still, the Mavericks have two appealing expiring contracts -- Tim Hardaway Jr. ($18 million) and James Johnson ($16 million) -- that would help facilitate a deal.

San Antonio Spurs

The chances of the Spurs being interested in riding the Drummond rollercoaster are slim. They’re included on this list because they have five expiring contracts to make the salary match, have overachieved at the start of the season and LaMarcus Aldridge has been a disaster.

Boston Celtics

Drummond doesn’t fit into the massive $28.5 million trade exception. But Boston’s path to the NBA Finals is blocked by some talented bigs and they may need to bolster the interior. The smart Celtics could work cap gymnastics, acquiring a bulky salary with their trade exception before flipping that player to Cleveland in a separate deal for Drummond.

Charlotte Hornets

Sixth in the Eastern Conference, having already spent big money to acquire Gordon Hayward this past offseason, the Hornets could be in go-for-it mode. Drummond would fill a need at center, the weakest position on Charlotte’s roster. But does he fit alongside a team that already has ball-dominant, high-usage guards? If Charlotte wouldn’t be willing to part with Terry Rozier, it would have to attempt a quantity-based deal with Cody Zeller and his $15.4 million expiring deal as the linchpin.

Washington Wizards

Perhaps there’s an argument the Wizards aren’t nearly as bad as the record shows because of battles with COVID and postponements. If Washington feels that way, Drummond could slot in nicely on a team that lost Thomas Bryant to injury and has been piecing together the frontcourt since. The Cavs swallowing Davis Bertans’ regrettable deal that extends five years would put them into salary cap hell.

Sacramento Kings

Any chance the Kings have buyer’s remorse with Buddy Hield, their highest-priced player who was given a contract extension last season and was once seen as a building block? That’s what a Hield-Drummond swap would be. The Kings could use Drummond to chase a postseason berth and let him walk as a free agent, clearing room to sign someone else this summer or in preparation for the De’Aaron Fox contract extension to kick in. The Cavs would get a 40% career 3-point shooter -- a piece this team desperately needs, adding expensive Hield to the growing young core.

Chicago has Otto Porter Jr.’s expiring deal that aligns. Portland needs help at center too.

More than a year ago, the market for Drummond was chilly. The Detroit Pistons wanted a first-round pick. They ended up with two expiring contracts (Brandon Knight and John Henson) to go with a future second-rounder. Even though the circumstances are a bit different with Drummond heading into free agency, that kind of package may be Cleveland’s best hope.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2021/02/c...-difficult.html

Legend
Legend
I can see Chicago being a trade partner

L
Legend
Legend
L
Cavs have become almost unwatchable. They need alot of work and taking on bad contract to get rid of one isn't something we should do. Unless some team is desperate for a big because of injury I almost just ride out this year and let him walk. The players that need traded are Love and one of the guards.. Sexton/Garland pairing sucks It needs broken up or one needs to be the 6 man. One won't pass and the other isn't consistent. Both undersized to play the 2. You have a gap right now at the 2, 3 and 4 position of NBA starter quality with nance and love being hurt, even if healthy I'm not sure Nance is a starter. I really like Drummond and trading for allen is what caused him to start playing like this. Everyone knows Drummond is moody. Allen is a good player and def. the long term solution. Team is a mess right now with too many square pegs playing in triangle holes. Altman has his work cut out for him. Too many holes right now to judge JB. I think he's got a good way about him and he seems to understand the game. Just needs the right pieces

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
CAVS/76’s in OT 92-92. Good ballgame so far.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Cavs win 112-109, nice win, J Allen struggled against a very good Embiid.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs Trade 1/13/2021

Link Copied to Clipboard