Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Legend
Legend
O
I wish I could do this to certain posters.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
I don’t even care anymore.

With the birth rates the way they currently are, combined with the fact that culturally they aren’t any different from us, whatever.

At the end of the day, if republicans actually cared about illegal immigration, they would’ve fixed it when they had full control of government.

They didn’t. Because other than a fear mongering to keep their voters scared and in check, they don’t give two craps about it either.

At this point we gotta get an infrastructure bill going. To me, that’s the biggest crisis facing this country right now. Left, right, liberal, conservative or whatever we identify with. Then potholes and bridges don’t give a damn who we rep, gonna have you on the side of the road waiting for AAA regardless.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: Swish
At this point we gotta get an infrastructure bill going. To me, that’s the biggest crisis facing this country right now. Left, right, liberal, conservative or whatever we identify with. Then potholes and bridges don’t give a damn who we rep, gonna have you on the side of the road waiting for AAA regardless.

Bottom line, I think the left and democrats are just agents of whomever,
Whether it's China, or Whomever, but the ones pulling the strings on this puppet government, (And the Rino's are in there too)

Like I said, who don't care about the USA. (Because they are managing the dismantling of the US in the installment of a World system of Gov't that doesn't include the US as a special or even soverign place, Probably)
I don't think anybody cared about the US. in Govt, except Trump, and that's why they hated him so much, (one of many reasons),

So the chances for a real infrastructure bill, are (hilariously laughable? ), NO! because the need is there, so it's Sad,)

The Left, trying to improve America, (whom I'm convinced they HATE), is, or would be like
Disney, (with the mouse and all), buying WB. Chuck Jones. Bugs Bunny's draw-er. new colored pencils.

( So am I saying, "you should have thought of that" before supporting ... Whatever! It doesn't help.

I doubt there is going to be an infrastructure bill, unless that infrastructure they are building
rofl is in Iraq again,
or SOMEWHERE! outside the geography, (can't say walls because rofl ), of these 50 United States.

Good luck. Good luck the Democrat left doing anything to make life better for folks who live inside the 50 states.
rofl Seriously? Where has anyone who thinks that, been, they've been showing their cards for Many Years!
They don't care about the USA, Oh my Gosh! They've been so transparent, for Decades, and they don't change,
they don't disguise their ideas,
It's right there in front of everyones face, in and on every issue.

The left, wants and continues, to tear down the US, and what makes the US stronger,
in lieu of what helps out the international community, and what makes the international community stronger in relation to US strength.

Sorry to be a downer, but the fat-chancedness of the Dems. doing an infrastructure bill is comical on a high level.

(I just thought of something),- Who! was tearing up cities last June, because they were backside-hurt, and that included smashing up, vandalism, of big parts of prolly 50+ cities in the USA?

The Left! so they wouldn't turn around and, (infrastructure bill)- make America better?

Oh my gosh. Swish, if you want an infrastructure bill,
can I say
You want to Make America Great Again.

Pf. all the bull crud aside, it would be nice to see an infrastructure bill.
I doubt it happens.

( It's like I heard the British have a saying about the US. you can always count on the US to do the right thing, after they have tried everything else.)

O
All Pro
All Pro
O
Dude, are you Alex Jones?

Because that's who you remind me of. And that's not a good thing.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Even Alex Jones makes more sense and has a better grip on reality. The bar is very low.

Legend
Legend
That fact that you keep claiming we hate this country just makes me disregard anything you have to say.

Which is a perfect example of why I don’t mind the democrats doing what they can to make sure their agenda passes without the GOP.

I doesn’t matter how much the Dems reach across the isle, the GOP won’t support any bills simply because they have to make sure guys like you keep voting for them.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yet Dems still try to pacify them... this is my biggest issue with centrists. Who cares what GOPers want, they just tried to overthrow the government to keep dems from taking power! Screw their feelings.

But they'll let them filibuster this infrastructure bill. They'll let them stop anything on minimum wage and health care. They'll lose the power just handed to them in 2022... It's almost like they are all secretly on the same team, Status Quo.

Did GOPers worry about Dem's feelings when they pushed Amy Coney Barrett through? Or the big tax breaks for the rich? Or when they twice admitted Trump impeachments were justified but they would exonerate him anyway? NOPE. But it's like Dems have no memory of these things at all. smh

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/09/21 10:59 AM.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
From a purely tactical perspective, I have noticed that. The GOP definitely goes for the jugular more than the Dems have.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
I don’t even care anymore.

With the birth rates the way they currently are, combined with the fact that culturally they aren’t any different from us, whatever.

At the end of the day, if republicans actually cared about illegal immigration, they would’ve fixed it when they had full control of government.

They didn’t. Because other than a fear mongering to keep their voters scared and in check, they don’t give two craps about it either.

I agree on Infrastructure. One side or the other has been tagging a lot of other crap in with a basic bill that the other side won't approve.

I understand that consolidates votes, but some things to be stand alone votes. Roads, bridges, dams should be stand alone votes. Don't allow that to get bogged down because someone wants to tie in minimum wage or abortion rights, or gun laws, or whatever.

Let's just get that taken care of. Everyone wants it, but people want credit, so they tie in this or that so they can claim the other side is against a roads bill.

Just get that done for Pete's sake. Geesh...

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
F
Legend
Legend
F
"It's almost like they are all secretly on the same team, Status Quo."

They are....Them vs Us. And they are winning, because they have us split into multiple groups fighting with each other.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
"It's almost like they are all secretly on the same team, Status Quo."

They are....Them vs Us. And they are winning, because they have us split into multiple groups fighting with each other.

Same thing is a popular thought with progressives. The divides are here to keep us from uniting against the establishment. BUT I draw a line at working with those that are cool with fascism.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/09/21 12:53 PM.

M
Legend
Legend
M

An infrastructure bill certainly needs passed. It will be interesting to follow.

*Click tweet for full article from the interview*

P
Legend
Legend
P
And OCD avoids addressing this like the plague. He'd rather try and place all of the blame on Biden because he can't seem to grasp the concept that if Manchin doesn't vote for a bill the Democrats lose in even a simple majority vote of 50 to 49. He claims anyone thinking otherwise "supports fascism".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I GRASP THE CONCEPT that you are using that framing again. You simply can't wrap around a difference in views. That's a you problem Pit, not a me problem. And Biden is what he is... he lied, he's a disappointment, and he's a centrist corporatist sellout.

As for the infrastructure bill, Manchin is just Joe's excuse. When the whole party comes down on Manchin, he buckles. They all do. Joe is not using his bully pulpit to get things done and not whipping the votes like he should IF he really wanted to get things done.

Infrastructure will happen because GOPers want it too. It will be full of pork, and I'm good with that if it is also full of good things for the working class. We're not just looking at roads and bridges, so we'll see what is in and what is out before I say how I feel about it... Can you grasp that?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/09/21 01:24 PM.

Legend
Legend
Manchin is definitely having fun being the unofficial tie breaker in the senate. I think there’s a disconnect between him and WV voters, as even the right wing governor wanted the COVID bill passed, but whatever.

I think Biden needs to be smart and try and find a way to include some sort of infrastructure that ties into the southern border (no, not some dumb wall).

Broadband, 5G access, leasing private property at the border for green energy that basically doubled as extra security, or something along those lines. Unfortunately it’s gotta be something that the GOP’s fear mongering gets watered down, just like their fear mongering over the COVID bill.

Rural communities need faster communication lines and such too. Gotta be creative here, and I have a bit of hope that maybe they will.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Biden didn't lie. He actually understands that when you take an all or nothing position you will lose every time. Get back to me in three years and eleven months. Biden can't microwave everything you want in six or seven weeks.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Mexico looks like they’re gearing up for cannabis legalization.

That would be a perfect 1-2 punch of a trade deal tied into extra security along the border from both sides.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
Legend
O
NOBODY said he needs to microwave(whatever that means) everything I want in 6 weeks. But you can tell what he is willing to do to get things done by the WORDS THAT COME OUT OF HIS MOUTH. But stick your head in the sand and just dismiss all of that because you are sold on Biden like trumpians were sold on him... probably see you worshiping a golden Biden statue in a few months. Q style.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't know how much you lump yourself in with democrat party poliiticans. I sure wish I could find evidence, any evidence that the Democrats love the US.
I would sleep better.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Mexico looks like they’re gearing up for cannabis legalization.

That would be a perfect 1-2 punch of a trade deal tied into extra security along the border from both sides.

I read that a lot of companies and three countries are super interested in it too... I mean it's been one of their biggest exports for decades, so they should use it strengthen their economy and to hurt the cartels. But they will have to do better than that commercial bud dirt they usually send here, that ish won't fly against the commercial bud being grown for dispensaries right now.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
I don't know how much you lump yourself in with democrat party poliiticans. I sure wish I could find evidence, any evidence that the Democrats love the US.
I would sleep better.

You should sleep better because they all love the US... and the STATUS QUO... so nothing will change. Sleep well, I think you could use it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
As per usual rather than actually try and make this a discussion you rant.

Rather than look at everything accomplished by this covid relief bill you are just whining that you didn't get everything you wanted in it.

Sort of like a child who got eight out of ten things he wanted on his Christmas list and rather than be happy, all he can do is throw a tantrum about the two things he didn't get. I've seen children like that before

And in case you missed it, it was the house and the senate who wrote and revised the Covid bill, not Biden. But you're obsessed with biden.

So does that mean you're suggesting he not sign it when it reaches his desk? Is that what you're suggesting? I know you won't answer any serious questions because you can't.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Biden signaled the kill of the $15 minimum wage 2 weeks before the voting started on TV when he said it probably wouldn't make it into the package... You are clueless because you refuse to look at him with any skepticism at all. I won't worship at his altar like a brain dead groupie. I never wanted him in the first place and I made that well known, why would you expect me to "fall in line" now? GMAB

You can try to defend him all you want, he's weak.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Rural communities need faster communication lines and such too. Gotta be creative here, and I have a bit of hope that maybe they will.

Two members of the House GOP have introduced a bill that would prohibit further municipal expansion of broadband services into rural areas nit currently receiving service and eliminate new municipal creation of broadband services unless private companies were including in that particular market. The push is for private businesses to fill the gaps rather than electrical co-ops, municipalities, etc..

This has no chance of passing, but if it did, this would likely have a negative impact on the constituents of these members, particularly in rural areas.

Here's the article...

https://gizmodo.com/house-republicans-wasted-no-time-introducing-the-dumbes-1846301176

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's because it was true. The bill would never have passed with the minimum wage included. It seems you feel no Covid relief plan was the better option. Manchin was never going to go for it. It's that 50-49 math problem again.

My dad taught me there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Being smart isn't the same thing as being weak.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
As for the signing question, yes I want him to sign it because the dealing is done. Just because he rolled over and lost OR never intended to win those fights in the first place, doesn't mean there is not a lot that IS good in the package. But not everything is good, not everything is ok with me, and I'm not even ranting about those things. But I am ranting about how he got pushed around or made it look that way to dodge accountability... That's some corporatist playbook crap right there... Make promises with no intention of follow through just to steal an election... That's why we have people who don't trust dems and flock to somebody like Trump. And it's why, if it continues, he will waste the power handed to him and let GOPers back in! It should be 40 years before the right comes back into power after the insurrection. But at this point Vegas probably has them favored in 22 and 24. It's only those with their heads in the sand cheerleading that think differently.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
It's because it was true. The bill would never have passed with the minimum wage included. It seems you feel no Covid relief plan was the better option. Manchin was never going to go for it. It's that 50-49 math problem again.

My dad taught me there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Being smart isn't the same thing as being weak.

Who says it would never have passed? With a little pressure and a little work they could have got it through... Mitch McConnell can get anything done with a small majority, are you saying Biden is not as good as Mitch? Wow, you really are buying in huh?

Did your dad also teach you that unless you are sure something will pass, you shouldn't even try?

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/09/21 01:55 PM.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Jen Psaki Refuses to Confirm Record Number of ‘Kids in Cages’ During Biden Presidency

Charlie Spiering

9 Mar 2021

White House press secretary Jen Psaki refused Tuesday to confirm reports that the number of detained unaccompanied minors at the border had tripled since Biden became president.

“I’m not going to confirm numbers from here,” Psaki said during the White House press briefing. “Obviously, the Department of Homeland Security and others are–oversee the programs and the engagements that happen at the border.

Psaki was repeatedly questioned about the number of unattended minors in custody by the border control as reporters noted that the numbers had tripled just in the last two weeks to over 3,200 — more children held in detention centers at a single time than during President Donald Trump’s presidency.

Both President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris strongly condemned such facilities during the 2020 presidential campaign, accusing former President Donald Trump of putting children and “babies in cages.”

“Jen, why won’t you confirm that number?” one reporter asked. “That’s a very important number.”

Psaki repeatedly referred reporters to the Department of Homeland Security.

“But we’ve talked to them, Jen,” the reporter replied. “They won’t confirm the numbers.”

“I would encourage you to go back to them and ask them again,” Psaki replied. “We’re not going to confirm them are from the White House. It’s not our program.”

The White House is tracking the numbers of kids at the border, as they repeatedly deny that there is a crisis taking place on their watch.

“Look, I don’t think we need to sit here and put new labels on what we have already conveyed is challenging,” Psaki said, when asked if the numbers at the border had reached the level of a crisis.

She said the detained children would be moved “as quickly as possible” from the Border Patrol facilities to shelters where they could have educational resources, health resources, mental health resources, and legal aid.

Psaki told reporters that they would open up the migrant facilities in the future to reporters to see the centers personally.

“We’re committed to doing that,” she said, but added she did not have a timeline for when that would be.

“We want to do it with respect for the privacy of the people staying there, people who are being housed there, but also abiding by COVID protocols,” she added.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/...den-presidency/

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
From a purely tactical perspective, I have noticed that. The GOP definitely goes for the jugular more than the Dems have.

Was listening to a podcast 2 days ago. One of the hosts was describing the difference between how R's and D's govern when each are in power:

"Republicans drive it like they stole it; Democrats drive it like it's rented- and they didn't spring for the insurance."

I really think the GOP would have a Chernobyl-level mental meltdown if Dems tried even 10% of the ish GOP tries to get away with. Case in point: Biden wouldn't be nominating Merrick Garland for AG or anything, had the GOP played by the rules. Garland would be in his 4th year as SCOTUS.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
T
Legend
Legend
T
It's complicated.

In 2016, candidate Trump was the first presidential candidate ever to be endorsed by the Customs and Border Patrol, either them or their union.

I guess He,(Trump), knew a little bit about complicated.

Biden doesn't know what the Pentagon is. "that outfit over there".

I'll admit this next thought is plagerized but,

What is the plan to vaccinate the 11 million people crossing the southern boder against covid?

Legend
Legend
Quote:
maybe Texas is taking their lead from the Feds who are releasing infected illegals in to their state?

We refer to that as the Gov. Andrew Cuomo Covid mitigation plan.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Then potholes and bridges don’t give a damn who we rep, gonna have you on the side of the road waiting for AAA regardless.

I feel you but the potholes are just an inconvenience and the bridges aren't likely to fall down..

the real problem is in our ability to make and distribute clean water, treat sewer water to a point where it can be returned to fresh water, make and distribute electricity.. that's where the pending infrastructure crisis is.

It's been a few years back, probably even before Trump, but the government put out this "shocking" report that our infrastructure needed a $2T investment really just to not fall farther behind and everybody gasped.. 2 months before that the American Society of Civil Engineers put out their own study that said it was closer to $3T

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

I feel you but the potholes are just an inconvenience and the bridges aren't likely to fall down..

Meanwhile, in Cincinnati....

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
Then potholes and bridges don’t give a damn who we rep, gonna have you on the side of the road waiting for AAA regardless.

Damn - so after 3rd world dictator tactics from Trump, now we should accept 3rd world roads and highways? As the richest Nation the planet has ever known, we don't want free healthcare as a right for our citizens and we think potholes are acceptable! LOL

The more things change the more they stay the same.
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Quote:

Damn - so after 3rd world dictator tactics from Trump, now we should accept 3rd world roads and highways? As the richest Nation the planet has ever known, we don't want free healthcare as a right for our citizens and we think potholes are acceptable! LOL

Exaggerate much?

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Can't tell if you are joking or not.. but what I said is that potholes are an inconvenience, water and power infrastructure failure would be a crisis.

And if you've ever been to a 3rd world country.. potholes is far from their biggest problem.

yebat' Putin
F
Legend
Legend
F
Quote:

Can't tell if you are joking or not.. but what I said is that potholes are an inconvenience, water and power infrastructure failure would be a crisis.

And if you've ever been to a 3rd world country.. potholes is far from their biggest problem.

Have you ever seen an African pothole? wink

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober

Meanwhile, in Cincinnati....

I do breathe a sigh of relief when I make it across the river.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: FloridaFan
Quote:

Exaggerate much?

Did you miss the attempted coup OR the way he let 500K die to save his lie? SMH, it doesn't get more banana republic than that ish.

B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Quote:

You do have to understand the Roads bills has been hung up in Congress for years because it is a political football. Neither side wanted to give the other side credit.

At this point it is a big loss for both sides.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus President Bidens Border Crisis

Link Copied to Clipboard