Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
jfanent #1854057 03/20/21 11:56 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: jfanent

I agree with that. But apparently none of these incidents were even reported to authorities prior to the civil suits. The sheer numbers of women coming forth are removing a lot of doubt, though.

Or there are a lot of scorned women upset that he turned them down. I had been looking at it as he kept changing his masseuse because they didn't want him back, but it's possible they were the ones making him uncomfortable.

Numbers don't mean much. Lots of people look for pay days. Getting more people to sign on can sway a jury, though.

It's hard to know who/what to believe as it plays out in the media.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend

This is one of those situations where you have to wait for all the "facts" to show up.

From my understanding nothing was on a police report when the alleged incidents happened?

P
Legend
Legend
P
So it's more like a deep state conspiracy theory?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1854097 03/20/21 01:51 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I don't know about that Pit but let's face it, we don't know exactly what went on. Could be a fabrication.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted By: bonefish

This is one of those situations where you have to wait for all the "facts" to show up.

From my understanding nothing was on a police report when the alleged incidents happened?

But normally in cases such as these, aren't the facts just the alleged victim's word vs alleged perpetrator's word?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Don't you mean 22 fabrications?

You know, I try to give the accused the benefit of the doubt. In a place where you're the starting QB, mayor, when you command popularity, power and wealth, people hesitate to confront you. Once someone does confront you, it gives others the confidence to come forward.

When it's one accuser, two or even maybe three, it seems possible that it could go in either direction. But 22? 22?

I don't "know" what happened, but when it reaches the point that 22 women have come out with accusations, that's a pretty damning bit of information and you would have to feel like this was some kind of organized plot to destroy Watson to feel he wasn't someone who is guilty of at least part of it.

Come on man, trying to dismiss women is all too common these days but rather sickening to me once the number of women becomes overwhelming.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1854107 03/20/21 02:09 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm trying to stay neutral on the matter but 22 is somewhat overwhelming. Deshaun could be in some trouble to say the least.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And that's what I "try" to do. But as you yourself stated, 22 is overwhelming.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1854109 03/20/21 02:13 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It is and I don't disagree with you.

Legend
Legend

Facts don't change.

There is truth somewhere.

If there is a trail the purpose will be to find the facts.

I don't know. I don't want to speculate.

Over time hopefully for all parties they will get to the facts.

Justice is the goal.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
22 makes it hard to believe that he is not guilty of something. I would have to imagine one of 22 women have beyond a reasonable doubt of evidence against Watson.

crazy...

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
At first I thought it could’ve been character assassination, but the # of claims now is bad on Watson’s part.

What’s worse is that this dude has plenty of money to hire a full time massage therapist, so him going through that many is just highly suspicious and very much predatory behavior if true.

And then him hitting up these women through IG of all places...yikes. I hope he’s innocent but if this is true I hope he gets hammered for being a predator.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1854302 03/21/21 07:38 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Good points.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
It's difficult for real truth to come out unless there is physical or electronic evidence. If not, Deshaun Watson will be unable to prove a negative unless he has rick solid alibies. And should he have to?

Is he not entitled to the "innocent until proven guilty" standard?

Legend
Legend
Alibi's will be hard to come by if he had actual appointments to be alone with the masseuses.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
Some massage parlors take video.

No Craps Given
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted By: Bull_Dawg
...Did Robert Kraft send some friends to try to drive the Texans' asking price for Watson down?

smile

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Swish #1854313 03/21/21 09:30 PM
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: Swish
At first I thought it could’ve been character assassination, but the # of claims now is bad on Watson’s part.

What’s worse is that this dude has plenty of money to hire a full time massage therapist, so him going through that many is just highly suspicious and very much predatory behavior if true.

And then him hitting up these women through IG of all places...yikes. I hope he’s innocent but if this is true I hope he gets hammered for being a predator.

This is a GREAT point. If massage is the only goal, you find someone that does a great job and stick with that person. MANY athletes have preferred trainers and this no different.

[Linked Image from thumb0.webshots.net]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: brownieforlife
Originally Posted By: Swish

This is a GREAT point. If massage is the only goal, you find someone that does a great job and stick with that person. MANY athletes have preferred trainers and this no different.

no kiddin... I would suspect most big time athletes stick to the same massage therapist... and aren't DMing them on IG...

<><

#gmstrong
clwb419 #1854399 03/22/21 02:21 PM
F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted By: clwb419
It is up to 7, with 2 more this same lawyer knows of.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3109...ringing-total-7

How do they find these women. I can see after it goes public then they may see it and call in. But after only the first one, how do you find more before it becomes public? They can't just put out an ad or classified.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Yikes.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Too soon? <grimacing emoji>

Legend
Legend

It certainly is getting suspicious.

At first it sounded like gold digging.

Now?

Sure throws a wrench into his trade request especially with the draft about 5 weeks away.

This will be front page stuff for some time.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
at what point does the NFL suspend him?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well, I suppose going to prison is one way to never play another snap for the Texans.

Fiercely Independent.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
at what point does the NFL suspend him?
Well, a guilty verdict or plea. Otherwise it might take some really damning evidence making it out into the public eye (ala Ray Rice). I would hope the NFL has progressed in its handling of this situation since Ray Rice.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Arent these just civil cases? Not much proof needed vs a full blown trial case!

E
Legend
Legend
E
The state can bring him to criminal trial if there is enough evidence.

No Craps Given
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I think we're up to 21 lawsuits now.

As well, 18 massage therapists, with names attached, voice support for Deshaun Watson:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...deshaun-watson/

clwb419 #1855775 03/31/21 10:43 PM
Legend
Legend
so he found 18 women he didn't sexually abuse to counter the 21 who are accusing him.... interesting...

also... why does the dude need 39 different massage therapists?? I've got one lady who I prefer to cut my hair... a multi-millionaire NFL player can't find one preferred massage therapist?

<><

#gmstrong
jaybird #1855875 04/01/21 12:44 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Variety is the spice of life?

#gmstrong
jaybird #1855881 04/01/21 01:27 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: jaybird
so he found 18 women he didn't sexually abuse to counter the 21 who are accusing him.... interesting...

also... why does the dude need 39 different massage therapists?? I've got one lady who I prefer to cut my hair... a multi-millionaire NFL player can't find one preferred massage therapist?

Maybe he's looking for one preferred massage therapist, but a bunch of them could have seemed more interested in trying to "ingratiate" themselves than giving massages.

Some people are perfectionists. Maybe Watson hasn't found his perfect masseuse. He can/could afford to keep looking.

There are more than 80 different types of massage/specialties. He could have been trying them all out to see what worked best for him.

A millionaire doesn't need a car/sneaker/whatever collection, but plenty of them have such excesses.

He could be a scum bag, but people do all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons. It may seem eccentric, but that doesn't mean it was nefarious.

It only takes one bad haircut to send someone looking for a new barber. *shrug*

There seems to be all sorts of sketchiness all around this case/story.

Fiercely Independent.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, but if you had fifty pairs of shoes and twenty pairs of shoes were accusing you of sexual allegations it might mean you have a problem. wink

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
He could also have different massage therapists throughout the country, that he uses when he travels ... either on his own time, or for a game.

Then there's this .......

Tony Buzbee won't provide information regarding Deshaun Watson to Houston Police Department, after all - ProFootballTalk
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ment-after-all/

Attorney Tony Buzbee has said that he intends to provide evidence regarding his clients’ claims of sexual assault against Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson to the Houston Police Department. He hasn’t. In a social-media post made on Tuesday night, Buzbee explains the decision not to do so.

“Our team has been roundly criticized because these numerous brave women haven’t filed formal criminal complaints with HPD (although we have provided info to other organizations),” Buzbee said on Instagram. “Here is my worry. When I ran for Houston mayor against the CURRENT mayor, I called for the resignation of the former police chief. I was thus reluctant initially in these important cases to provide info to HPD, at least while Art Acevedo was the Police Chief — even though my brother-in-law is a long-term HPD officer. Mr. Acevedo has now left Houston for Miami. Yet, I’ve since learned that my legal opponent, Mr. Hardin, has a son who is on of the exclusive Command Staff of HPD. I am not saying in any way that Deshaun Watson’s lawyer, Mr. Hardin, has a son who has a position that would compromise HPD and its investigation. I support his service, along with all Houston police officers — I think the rank and file know that. But, I am saying that me and my clients will go elsewhere to provide our evidence to investigative authorities. Stand by.”

This is the first that Buzbee has said regarding any hesitation he has when it comes to providing information to the Houston Police Department. It also seems odd to think that the authorities would disregard or overlook claims made by 19 different women based on factors other than whether the authorities believe, based on the evidence provided, that a crime has been committed. Buzbee isn’t one of the victims; he’s their lawyer. The notion that the Houston Police Department would take a dim view of his clients’ efforts to seek justice simply because of the identity of their lawyer takes cynicism to new heights. (It also suggests that the best interests of these women arguably would be better served by hiring different counsel.)

Buzbee prefaced his comments regarding his concerns about the Houston Police Department with the following message to the media generally: “This is our legal team’s response to the hundreds of requests we have received at our Houston office for comment; even though we have an extensive staff, your inquiries are overwhelming! We will continue to conform our conduct to the ethical rules for lawyers in Texas. We take our obligations very seriously. We will say this once, and encourage those inquiring to pay attention to our public filings, rather than lawyer statements in the media. These Deshaun Watson cases continue to mount; we filed two more public cases today.”

Deshaun Watson has denied any wrongdoing, and the cases (barring a settlement) will be processed through the court system and, eventually, taken to trial.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
PitDAWG #1855886 04/01/21 02:15 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Yeah, but if you had fifty pairs of shoes and twenty pairs of shoes were accusing you of sexual allegations it might mean you have a problem. wink

...if those stiletto heels could talk... yikes! lol

Fiercely Independent.
jaybird #1855899 04/01/21 04:18 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

also... why does the dude need 39 different massage therapists??

What are the odds that if you were just looking for the best massage therapist either geographically or based on their area of massage specialty... and you went through 39 of them... that not a single one would be male?

yebat' Putin
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

also... why does the dude need 39 different massage therapists??

What are the odds that if you were just looking for the best massage therapist either geographically or based on their area of massage specialty... and you went through 39 of them... that not a single one would be male?

A male coming out and saying he wasn't harassed by Deshaun is meaningless to the defense.

And do we know if he has male massage therapists or not? Maybe he did and just didn't sexually harass\abuse them.

P
Legend
Legend
P
When you start flying them in to where you are, I don't think location played a factor.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1856139 04/03/21 08:44 AM
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson is now under investigation by police after 21 women filed sexual assault and harassment lawsuits

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...n.html#comments

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Deshaun Watson

Link Copied to Clipboard