Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I did think long and hard about hitting submit on this thread. Believe it or not, I am of the same belief as you. It really came down to whether I let a clever thread title go to waste or not. :-p

There were also a couple small, somewhat interesting tidbits of info in the articles that came out (the 'secret' extension, his being paid through the 2020 season). I also felt somewhat vindicated by the vast majority of articles calling the latest Hue interview as it was. It's not often you see the majority of news outlets speak with this level of candor.

Last edited by oobernoober; 04/01/21 08:54 AM.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Hubris fits that guy perfectly.

I tried to type this too but spellchecked changed it to Huebris.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Everyone, except Mike Silver, knows he’s a snake.

Legend
Legend
I know he says that he didn't get fired for a 3-36 record, but come on,,,, Seriously....

Last edited by Damanshot; 04/04/21 09:30 AM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I know he says that he didn't get fired for a 3-36 record, but come on,,,, Seriously....

Well, in his mind, he didn't. In his mind he was the only good thing in Cleveland.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Clueless Hubris Jackson

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Jackson to this day wonders why Baker Mayfield isn’t very fond of him.

"To this day, I'll never understand it. I was part of the reason he was the No. 1 pick. I didn't spend a lot of time with Bake, we had a QB coach and coordinator.”

Can anyone tell me what the heck this is supposed to mean?

He wonders why Baker doesn't like him, takes credit for getting Baker here, then admits to having minimal interaction with him...

Is he seriously saying Baker (and I'd guess the rest of us fans by extension) should be greatful he coached the team to such a craptastic season it earned us the #1 Pick to spend?

Sheesh

I think one would need a Doctorate in Huetonian Physics in order to understand this clown

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I thought I would dig up this old gem.

Tackles are tackles.
C
Legend
Legend
C

From head coach in the NFL to the offensive coordinator on the Ohio Valley Conference. Really though this is not a bad landing spot for Hue’s first job.

Legend
Legend
I wonder if it pays more that being in charge of the culture of an NBA team? smile

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: jfanent
I wonder if it pays more that being in charge of the culture of an NBA team? smile

My guess is that he’ll basically being doing this job for free compared to his previous salary.

Legend
Legend
Reverse 'Peter Principle.'

"too many notes, not enough music-"
B
Legend
Legend
B
I didn't know Eddie was at Tennessee St.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: jfanent

If that means Chief Planning and Operations Officer of three professional sports teams then Hue is in a lucrative spot!

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Awe, still sticking up for a guy who couldn't get another job in football. It has to tear you up that Hue got another shot at being a coach in football while Sashi is still not able to get another FO job at any level in football.

Bitter much?

rofl

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'm just disappointed that no one used a similar title when Hue was rehired by Cincinnati ... it could have been "Huey and Lewis in the news" ........

As for Hue Jackson ...... he failed here. I am glad the team has moved on, and that we have our current front office and coaching staff in place.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Awe, still sticking up for a guy who couldn't get another job in football. It has to tear you up that Hue got another shot at being a coach in football while Sashi is still not able to get another FO job at any level in football.

Bitter much?

rofl

Did he try? I mean if it turned out Sashi ended up being the manager of a string of under performing Pizza Huts, then ok I could see mocking his "fall from grace"... but collecting $$ from 3 different NBA teams? Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Trying to mock Sashi for working in another pro sports league would be like mocking DePo for coming to football "He was so good in baseball that no other MLB team would hire him"".

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

P
Legend
Legend
P
I am as well. I find it hilarious that people try to compare the level of sucktitude. But as the facts point out, this will be Hue's second job in football since he left here. Something people seem to have a problem coming to grips with. wink

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I'm just disappointed that no one used a similar title when Hue was rehired by Cincinnati ... it could have been "Huey and Lewis in the news" ........

As for Hue Jackson ...... he failed here. I am glad the team has moved on, and that we have our current front office and coaching staff in place.

I gave up. When it was rumored that Ray Horton might be coming back I posted "If Horton hears a Hue..." and it got zero play. No thumbs up or quotes. I was impressed with myself for the Dr. Suess reference but, I guess Dawgs never read a book or somethin.

I was really proud of that too flamingmad

-Jack Burton

Legend
Legend
Well worth being proud of too. I must have missed that one.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Some of us gave up Dr. Seuss references when we were children. Some not so much.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I'm almost positive I would've given it at least a like. Regardless, here is another.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I find it hilarious that people try to compare the level of sucktitude.

You must do a lot of laughing at yourself then, because you've been trying to convince people that Sashi sucks more than Hue for several years now.....even though they were both horrid and both should have been canned at 1-31.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am as well. I find it hilarious that people try to compare the level of sucktitude. But as the facts point out, this will be Hue's second job in football since he left here. Something people seem to have a problem coming to grips with. wink

Yep the facts point that the only NFL team that would give Hue, an ex-NFL head coach, a job was his old buddy Marvin Lewis, now he's hoping to get a coordinator job with a low level college team. While Sashi a "sports attorney" is currently in charge of NBA team, a WNBA team, and a G-league team.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually far more people have stuck up for Sashi than ever did Hue. I just do it to get a reaction out of people like you. And it still works. wink

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
The WNBA who loses money every year and what the hell is the G league?

Everyone claimed he played an important part in our FO. Not "just a corporate lawyer". Until that suddenly didn't work out so well for them. lmao

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The WNBA who loses money every year and what the hell is the G league?

Everyone claimed he played an important part in our FO. Not "just a corporate lawyer". Until that suddenly didn't work out so well for them. lmao

So because the WNBA is losing money that is Sashi's fault? The G-league is the NBA's developmental league. Sashi negotiated contracts with the players and was in charge of the salary cap till he took on job of overseeing the entire football operations. Which by the way was only because nobody with any competence wanted it and it was already determined that the team needed to be tore down and rebuilt.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
So he got the job here by default because nobody competent wanted the job. We agree.

Did you ever notice how you are here in a "Hue sucks thread" defending someone else who sucked too? I wonder where all of the "Sashi sucks threads" are?

naughtydevil

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Quote:
So because the WNBA is losing money that is Sashi's fault?

No!

bEcAuSe hE iZ In cHaRG oF tHe kUltUrE.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I see English isn't your first language.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So he got the job here by default because nobody competent wanted the job. We agree.

Did you ever notice how you are here in a "Hue sucks thread" defending someone else who sucked too? I wonder where all of the "Sashi sucks threads" are?

naughtydevil

No, he already had a job here, he took on the "GM" role because nobody wanted it. I don't think Sashi sucked, don't think he was great either, just competent at his job. Hue on the other hand sucked, takes all the credit when things go well and blames others when things don't and has an ego so big that he wants to be in control of everything, which is why the Raiders fired him after having a decent year in 2011.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
If you don't think Sashi sucked at his job too I don't think you were paying attention.

Quote:
Sashi negotiated contracts with the players and was in charge of the salary cap till he took on job of overseeing the entire football operations. Which by the way was only because nobody with any competence wanted it

Just remember, you're the one who said this.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I'll be honest, this thread lasted a lot longer than I feared it would before it descended into the usual Hue vs Sashi stuff.

I don't even see why we need to debate this anymore, or even drop stupid little inferences. We don't have to ever worry about either, as they've been banished to their respective corners of sports leadership/management. Plus, the debate was emphatically ended (imo) when that long ESPN came out a couple years after all were fired. It concluded that it was more Haslam's fault than anyone else.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
J/c:

Now it's starting to all make sense.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you don't think Sashi sucked at his job too I don't think you were paying attention.

Quote:
Sashi negotiated contracts with the players and was in charge of the salary cap till he took on job of overseeing the entire football operations. Which by the way was only because nobody with any competence wanted it

Just remember, you're the one who said this.

I know i said that, Sashi was fine being the team's attorney he took on the "GM role" because the Browns were having trouble finding a competent GM and they also knew they needed to rebuild. So how does that mean Sashi sucked at his job?

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
You do understand that someone who you yourself describe as not being competent is pretty much a non starter in asking how they sucked, right?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You do understand that someone who you yourself describe as not being competent is pretty much a non starter in asking how they sucked, right?

Where did I say Sashi wasn't competent?

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
Dude, really? You said he got the job because they couldn't find anyone competent to take the job. You actually said....

Quote:
till he took on job of overseeing the entire football operations. Which by the way was only because nobody with any competence wanted it

#gmstrong
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan

I gave up. When it was rumored that Ray Horton might be coming back I posted "If Horton hears a Hue..." and it got zero play. No thumbs up or quotes. I was impressed with myself for the Dr. Suess reference but, I guess Dawgs never read a book or somethin.

I was really proud of that too flamingmad

It is probably a good thing I did not see that Horton Hue comment. I am guessing whatever I was eating/drinking at the time would have been shot out my nose and across the room. Must have missed that Devil. Great line.

Last edited by FORTBROWNFAN; 04/12/21 01:38 PM.
T
Legend
Legend
T
It was a big local news story yesterday, in Columbus, that Eddie George got hired as the coach of Tenn. St. so he must have been hired yesterday or this week.

I guess we get the local news we get. Ohio State obsessed.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Huey in the News

Link Copied to Clipboard