Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dave

I didn't have cable TV or internet for the first 2-1/2 days of the draft (thanks Spectrum!)

Rabbit ears.
$20 at CVS or Amazon; all the local channels for free and better picture than the compressed cable feed. I'm south of Medina and get all the stations, so if you're in NEO, you definitely can.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
The more I think about this trade/move up, I wonder if the team we really wanted to get ahead of was Pittsburgh.

No way Pittsburgh passes on this guy if he was there.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Originally Posted By: Dave

I didn't have cable TV or internet for the first 2-1/2 days of the draft (thanks Spectrum!)

Rabbit ears.
$20 at CVS or Amazon; all the local channels for free and better picture than the compressed cable feed. I'm south of Medina and get all the stations, so if you're in NEO, you definitely can.

That would only get me local network affiliates, right? If so, there's nothing on those channels I want to watch, unless it had happened during the football season.

Legend
Legend
It's all I watch... channel 19.2, MeTV. smile

But, yes, it will only get you all of the local over-the-air channels - there are like 35 to 40 available.

You would have been able to watch the Draft, and you will get every football game on ABC/CBS/FOX/NBC for our area, and you see it without the delay of cable/satellite, so you can annoy family members by texting them things before they see it happen laugh

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I rent and my landlord wont let me put up an antenna. I had an antenna and needed and still have digital boxes to receive the signal.

You need those boxes for rabbit ears ?

meant to pm you on that and not hijack a thread, been awhile smile

Last edited by DeisleDawg; 05/06/21 07:59 PM.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Quote:
You would have been able to watch the Draft and ...

You pick up ESPN on rabbit ears? Or was the draft broadcast on a local channel? If so, I wasn't aware.

Legend
Legend
Dave, the draft is also on ABC. It is with the College Game day team.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Tenants have won the rights in court cases, a landlord has to let someone put up a Dish network or Direct tv type antenna. Now a 40 foot tall 1970's style antenna probably not. ( Was widely advertised 2.5 years ago when I may have been researching the costs of switching to direct/dish)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: DeisleDawg
I rent and my landlord wont let me put up an antenna. I had an antenna and needed and still have digital boxes to receive the signal.

You need those boxes for rabbit ears ?

meant to pm you on that and not hijack a thread, been awhile smile

As long as your TV has a built-in tuner, all you need is a set of rabbit ears. If your TV doesn't have a tuner, and there are some that don't (Google your model number), then you'd need a tuner box.

Mine all have tuners, so I just put a splitter on the coax coming from the antenna and run it to each TV.

Also, like Pdawg said, the Draft was on ABC (channel 5?). I didn't miss a thing, and it was funny listening to them complain about how cold it was, lol!

To get us back on track.... I'm looking forward to seeing how we use Woo and what he's able to do within this defense.

One things for sure, teams should find it PLENTY tough to pass against us this year. We shouldn't be a cinch to give up a 1st on 3rd or 4th and Long anymore.

Browns is the Browns

O
Legend
Legend
O
My understanding is that the vast majority of the more recent flat-screens don't have a built-in tuner.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
My understanding is that the vast majority of the more recent flat-screens don't have a built-in tuner.

your less expensive models generally do not. That's part of how you're getting larger screens so cheaply, especially a Vizio and similar budget brands. Not putting one in can shave $50-$150 off the price of a unit. I've always specifically looked for sets with one because without that, to me, it's just a large computer monitor.

Browns is the Browns

T
Legend
Legend
T
It's easy to like the pick, but one broadcast challenged themselves to review the picks they liked by finding some thing they don't like about it, because it's easy to get caught up in the moment, and they'd rather have a longterm view.

It's easy to like the pick of Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. I do.

The downside is he's not Elijah Moore in the 1st round; nor Terrace Marshall, Wrs'.
The other is he's not Rashod Bateman Wr, in the 2nd round.

The same Browns thinking led to Julio Jones going to the Falcons in a trade everyone of Browns' fans in general seemed to love at the time.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Moore went in the 2nd round, bud. At the top of the 2nd. Bateman went at 27.

Terrence Marshall had a medically flagged knee.

The Browns traded up for JOK, nothing like the Julio trade at all.

Odd post and horrible reasoning, my man.

you had a good run Hank.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Jibber Jabber

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Quote:
Jibber Jabber

"too many notes, not enough music-"
T
Legend
Legend
T
Terrace Marshall went at 59! Overall.

JOK is not a Wide Receiver. The Browns had a chance at a real WR, not Schwartz who will have to be taught how to catch, and other nuances of the NFL game.

So you caught me I transversed the two names, Bateman and Marshall and where they went in the draft order, but the bottom line is,
when considering the Browns selection of JOK, and the selection of Greg Newsome II,
The Browns passed, when making both picks, on the opportunity to get a Viable solution to the WR needs, including if one of their stars gets hurt again,

in a draft where plenty of teams, (there are only 32,) found a viable WR.

In the April 2020 draft, and the April 2021 draft, there were supposedly 2 of the greatest WR draft classes of a long while, and can we list the NFL teams who got a viable solution, at WR out of the draft in those two years.
Or how many Wrs the Browns got, who are not.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Quote:
Jibber Jabber

I liked Mr. T. I wonder whatever happened to that guy?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
He's still around. He pops up in the media from time to time. Mostly, on social media, doing good things. I've come to the conclusion that the Mr. T thing is not an act it's authentic. There's not a lot of room in Hollywood for authenticity.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
The Browns took a WR with starting potential in both years. I'll wait to see Schwartz with a real QB before I claim baseless statements like "he can't catch" because he sure as hell looked like he can catch to me. Just that he was constantly missed by his QB.

The Browns have the luxury of not needing to take skill positions highly in the draft. And truthfully, I'm glad because those skill guys typically aren't the most reliable guys to draft in the first round.

you had a good run Hank.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Looking at the tape on Schwartz it reminded me of James Lofton!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Terrace Marshall went at 59! Overall.

JOK is not a Wide Receiver. The Browns had a chance at a real WR, not Schwartz who will have to be taught how to catch, and other nuances of the NFL game.

So you caught me I transversed the two names, Bateman and Marshall and where they went in the draft order, but the bottom line is,
when considering the Browns selection of JOK, and the selection of Greg Newsome II,
The Browns passed, when making both picks, on the opportunity to get a Viable solution to the WR needs, including if one of their stars gets hurt again,

in a draft where plenty of teams, (there are only 32,) found a viable WR.

In the April 2020 draft, and the April 2021 draft, there were supposedly 2 of the greatest WR draft classes of a long while, and can we list the NFL teams who got a viable solution, at WR out of the draft in those two years.
Or how many Wrs the Browns got, who are not.

Why do you even think we need another receiver..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
His idea of an offensive side of the ball is a QB and 10 WR.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

notallthere

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

notallthere

Other than Jarvis, OBJ, Higgins, People-jones... Who do we really have?

Joe Thomas #73
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: BADdog

notallthere

Other than Jarvis, OBJ, Higgins, People-jones... Who do we really have?

A new draft pick, and a bunch of no named depth fighting to make the roster… like every other NFL team. It could be argued that no team has a better starting two. With that our depth is already better than every other team. Now you want to go to the 5th guy on our roster and try to find another team with a more recognizable name? Good luck.
Our depth is what it needs to be. My guess is next year the WR room will be drafted for in a more focused manner. Until then I feel good about our WR squad as it compares to any other NFL squad.

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T

Why do you even think we need another receiver..

This can't be serious. rolleyes sigh, I'll address this later.

O
Legend
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/11/21 09:50 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Who do we have??? we got Hodge and Schwartz! that makes 5 solid WRs and 1 rookie that I who am not a big WR fan think this kid Schwartz is a keeper and could become an elite WR...if not then just solid.

Keep in mind we got 3 TE in Hooper, Bryant and Njoku

also our RBs Chubb and Hunt along with the new kid.

6 WR, 3 TE and 3RB in the mix. keep in mind there are only 5 eligible Receivers per play and we got at least 12 in the mix.

We don't need more... jmho

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

That tackle saywhat at 2:40?!

That is how you wring out every possible drop of punishment. It's ridiculous to watch in slo-mo. Look at that impact... look at that follow through!

Last edited by FATE; 05/12/21 09:20 AM.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Lots of shoulder checks in that highlight reel.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Smoke em, if you got em.

P
Legend
Legend
P
What does concern me about that video is how much it looks like he leads with his helmet. That's something they'll have to work on.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yeah, me too. He's pretty good at making impact with the pads, but he resembles a guided missile. I'm sure every time it's questionable, especially if a player is slow to get up or the hit looks violent, he'll get popped.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
What does concern me about that video is how much it looks like he leads with his helmet. That's something they'll have to work on.

You can lead with your helmet just not the crown correct?

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: BADdog

You can lead with your helmet just not the crown correct?

Yeah, but the way it seems to be officiated that rule goes straight out the window on big hits.

Legend
Legend
"He separated his soul from his body". rofl

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend

I noticed the same thing...

But can he be our Ray Lewis? Geez he hits like a train.

Last edited by Damanshot; 05/12/21 12:08 PM.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: FATE
Yeah, me too. He's pretty good at making impact with the pads, but he resembles a guided missile. I'm sure every time it's questionable, especially if a player is slow to get up or the hit looks violent, he'll get popped.

That's the problem. These plays happen so fast that if it's very close, it's more about the perception of what the refs see. I didn't see these plays in slow motion. I saw them in real time. And in real time it looks to me that NFL refs may have a problem with some of these hits.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
He could be a smaller version of Ray Lewis. The problem is that with the concussion issue being so much a part of the safety protocol now, Ray Lewis couldn't hit the way Ray Lewis hit.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Whether it's not wrapping up or leading with the helmet, that highlight reel showcased some poor tackling technique. Maybe that's not indicative of his overall game, but I have to wonder about an undersized LB with poor technique. Please do correct me if I'm wrong here.

-PrplPplEater
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season 2021 NFL Draft Browns select Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah with the 52nd pick

Link Copied to Clipboard