Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BADdog Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I have some thoughts on training.
A way to prepare for many things is to visualize them in your head. Last year players were forced to train in a new way, with Zoom and the like. Maybe this method of going thru plays helped players visualize the plays more than if they were on the field and running thru the plays. Maybe they should keep this as part of the training. Still do the on filed stuff but maybe add an hour of online stuff to crank thru things they dont have time to go over on the field. So that was in my head.

Last edited by Referee 3; 05/02/21 11:32 AM.

Joe Thomas #73
O
Legend
Legend
O
I hope all the offseason and training camp things we did last year are pretty much repeated this year. 17 games this year, and other changes were hashed out a while ago so Stefanski probably already has it all planned.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
They have been using chalk boards and white boards for years. I am sure they have been using slides, videos, and laptops as well.

I guess I don't understand your post.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
D. Felton can use visualizing to improve his blitz pick up, pass protection blocking skills.
D'Ernest Johnson can use visualizing to improve his catch in space, break away for the Touchdown skills.

I once saw that a study, way back 30 years ago, showed that, two player groups, one practiced their foul shots in basketball, x time a day, while the other group visualised themselves making foul shots, for the same x time a day, but did not practice.
The first group improved like 60%, the 2nd group improved like 46 percent, yet still that equaled improvement,
from just visualizing success.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Which improvement would you rather have?

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
BADdog Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The thought was we did something out of the ordinary because of covid. It seemed to work very well. I am just suggesting to keep it as part of the training arsenal going forward.

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually the point you're trying to make may be far more valuable than some seem to think it is. There are guys on this board who know far more about the collective bargaining agreement than I do so maybe they could shed some light on what I'm suggesting here.

I do know that on the field practices are limited by the collective bargaining agreement. As far as off field activities I'm not so sure. If off field activities are not limited this could be a very valuable tool to the coaching staff. During training camp these players don't go home. They room up together usually in a hotel close to training camp.

This would be an activity they could "do from the hotel in the evening". A lot of Americans have learned to adapt to working from home. Our team used this same tool last year with great effectiveness. There's no sense in leaving a valuable tool laying in the tool box when you can use that tool for building.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I believe it is still limited as I believe - and it has been a while since I've read the CBA - that it is time with coaches that is limited. The way it is written/defined makes no distinction to suggest that this limitation only applies when in-person - to my recollection.

So, the same constraints on time apply whether they are in the facility or working remote.

That being what it is, the guys have gotten a LOT of practice at going over things this way and the team leaders could organize things where they don't all have to fly somewhere to work on stuff. Leaders in each position room could start working with the new guys - the rookies and the veterans - and get them acclimated to how we've been doing things.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Thanks. Yes, I've never seen anything that limits the time players can work or study amongst themselves.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: SaintDawg
Which improvement would you rather have?

Taywan Taylor WR has already left the Browns.

Trading Khaderal Hodge to the Texans for Kicker Fairbairn, and a 5th round pick is the answer I'll give your question only seeing it 90 seconds ago. (and I'm not very clingy to that 5th anyway).

On practice vs. visualizing of course do both, but visualizing is far less likely to lead to a torn ligament.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Legend
Legend
O
What is it with you and your hate for Hodge?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
Legend
T
My hate for Hodge?
He hinders the flow of the offense.
edit: There are exceptions to every ...

Last edited by THROW LONG; 05/05/21 10:31 AM.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Ok this is out there-Training

Link Copied to Clipboard