Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
If I needed to add purple to that I’ll have lost all hope.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
Honestly, I just posted that as a joke but it got me wondering if you could do something like that.

Not advised... unless you also get the J&J jab added into the mix. They call it the ‘trifecta of no infecta’. You should get your full punch card completed and can use it to get a free Blizzard at Dairy Queen.

Even if I'm diabetic? laugh

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Can I get 3 free donuts from Krispy Kreme that way?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Honestly, I just posted that as a joke but it got me wondering if you could do something like that.

FWIW, 3 might be ok. There is a local clinic that was providing vaccines that has been shutdown by the health department due to not storing vaccines properly. They said to treat any vaccines received from this clinic as invalid. If you had 1 shot, wait 3-4 weeks and schedule a 1st and 2nd shot elsewhere. If you had 2 shots, then wait 3-4 weeks and get 1 additional shot.

It seems if the 2 invalid shots were actually valid, 1 additional shot would be ok.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
B
Legend
Legend
B

Not advised... unless you also get the J&J jab added into the mix. They call it the ‘trifecta of no infecta’. You should get your full punch card completed and can use it to get a free Blizzard at Dairy Queen.

You forgot to mention he still needs to wear a mask, wash his hands often, and socially distance.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Typical side effects come about 12-15 hours after the jab. I got my second Moderna on a Friday at noon. I felt fine, besides waking up with a headache, until about 6pm on Saturday. Then I got a chill and night sweats.

Yep, no side effects at all on Thursday after the shot (3pm), but Friday became progressively "worse". Friday, I had a doc appointment and also massage/chiro which both could have impacted me as well - but fatigue out the wazoo - man I was as tired as I've ever been. General lethargy like one has when they're sick. Headache - I have headaches 24/7, but this was worse - the chiro had difficulties adjusting my neck, so this may have had an impact too - but today, my headache is back to normal. No fever, but I felt feverish all day yesterday.

Back to normal today, or as normal as I get (though to touch, my arm is sore - like a bad bruise)

F
Legend
Legend
F
Second Phizer shot yesterday at 4:30. So far all good, a little soreness around the injection site, but less than the first shot.

I was a bit restless all night, sleeping in 30-45 minutes segments with 10-15 minutes of awake , up until about 4 when I slept through to the 6am alarm. But that is not totally uncommon for me either.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
My son received his first Pfizer injection yesterday. He's miserable today....aching, fever over 101, chills, etc. He did have Covid this summer and was sick for a while. I've really not heard of anyone reacting to the first shot like this.

He received his 2nd injection a few days ago with minimal effects.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm getting the first shot of Moderna on Wednesday.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Pfizer about to gain gain authorization (still not approval) for 12-15 to receive their vaccine

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthc...eek-2021-05-03/

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How did you make out, Eve? Any side effects yet? You go, girl....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32

I havent gone yet. My appt is for 6pm today. I'm kind of nervous about it. I trust my natural antibodies more than this vaccine.

No Craps Given
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c

I know covid is real.

I got the j and j vaccine just before Easter.

I've know several people that did, actually die from covid.

I've also known 4 people, just here in tiny n.w. ohio, that died, and covid got blamed.

The last one was my great aunt. She lived in a nursing home. That nursing home has been proud (and should be) to claim no covid cases amongst the residents or the employees.

She died late last week. At 103 years old. Guess what was listed as the cause? Yup, covid.

Another gentleman, 94 years old. His kids had seen him earlier that day. He wasn't sick - at all. he was actually driving to his daughters house later that day, had a car accident, and died. Guess what the cause of death was listed as? Yup, covid.

2 others I know/knew - they were my neighbors when I was young. The husband, (mid 80's) stage 3 cancer, died. Guess what was listed as the cause of death? Covid.

His wife, also mid 80's, quit eating and drinking after his death. She also died, just 6 days after him. Guess what was listed as the cause of death? Yup, covid.

It seems to me not many elderly people have died of cancer, old age, lack of hydration and/or nourishment - not even from car accidents. Nope - covid.

And again, I'll say it - covid is real. I had it a year and a half ago, as did my daughter - based on symptoms.

Anyone notice how flu deaths were basically nil this past year? They were all covid deaths - or reported that way.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

I havent gone yet. My appt is for 6pm today. I'm kind of nervous about it. I trust my natural antibodies more than this vaccine.

All done. smile

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Had both shots of the Moderna, been a few weeks since the second shot. Never had any side affects with either.

How ever I feel about the Vaccine or the whole covid thing, sometimes in life we have to make a sacrifice and I feel I did to help my country and the world beat an enemy in a virus.

Honestly, I might of had the flu once when I was in the 6th grade, I have sinuses, that's about it.

I remember as a kid getting vaccinated for all kinds of stuff, early to mid 1960's never died from them. I feel a lot better getting this vaccine, whether necessary or not, a piece of mind for me and that is really all that matters.

I'm 60 by the way if the age and reaction thing is a curiosity for those debating on making a decision.

Legend
Legend
Bout time you got vaccinated you old fart. nanner

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Dear Lord.

The flu is far less infectious than Covid. Wearing masks greatly educed the outbreak of flu.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I commend you for answering. I read that same post and just shook my head. I refuse to answer those types of posts any longer. Each of those touch points have been dealt with countless times over the past few months. I no longer have the energy for dispelling such nonsense.
FYI any doctor found falsifying the cause of death on a a certificate of death would be setting themselves up for losing their license to practice medicine. I’ll just leave it there.

Last edited by PortlandDawg; 05/06/21 11:34 AM.

[Linked Image]
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
C
Legend
Legend
C
I got my second Moderna shot today at around three. My first shot I had no symptoms, this time around I am feeling it pretty quickly.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Pfizer is applying for FDA approval for their vaccine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/07/health/pfizer-biontech-fda-approval-bla-vaccine/index.html

What I don't get is that this approval is only for ages 16+. What benefit does Pfizer get in submitting for what's already authorized to use? I was always hoping that they would be allowed to collect and leverage data coming out of the EUA (for my area, the option was given to report back any and all symptoms for both rounds of the shot, out to several weeks after each shot... I participated based on the assumption that this data could be used for the company to accelerate their FDA submission), and so I assume this is the case based on this limited submission.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
Well they are putting the FDA in a pickle because I can't imagine that they would suddenly say it's not safe...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
F
Legend
Legend
F
It will help them when it comes time for yearly booster shots, which I am sure will not be free.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Pfizer is applying for FDA approval for their vaccine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/07/health/pfizer-biontech-fda-approval-bla-vaccine/index.html

What I don't get is that this approval is only for ages 16+. What benefit does Pfizer get in submitting for what's already authorized to use? I was always hoping that they would be allowed to collect and leverage data coming out of the EUA (for my area, the option was given to report back any and all symptoms for both rounds of the shot, out to several weeks after each shot... I participated based on the assumption that this data could be used for the company to accelerate their FDA submission), and so I assume this is the case based on this limited submission.

Money!

If cleared, the companies would be able to begin marketing the product to the general public. The full approval would also allow more employers to begin mandating vaccination. Moderna says it plans to initiate a rolling submission for a BLA for its Covid-19 vaccine this month.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Because the evidence is in for over 200,000,000 Americans over 16. The vaccine was just recently approved for emergency use for those under 16. The uproar has been "But the vaccine has only been approved for emergency use so we don't know it it's safe?"

They couple that with, "If it had been proven safe they would have given it full approval."

Now that they are trying to get full approval for those it's already been proven safe for by the overwhelming numbers, people are asking why they aren't asking for approval for a group it was only approved for emergency use for in the U.S.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
My understanding is that the bar is significantly lower for proving safety (and effectiveness) to gain EUA than it is for approval. EUA is basically "the benefits probably outweigh the risks" vs "data submitted proves this is safe and effective".

My understanding is based off a career in medical device, so while we are regulated by the same FDA (different departments) and many of the applicable regulations are very similar, it's not the same as pharma.

-PrplPplEater
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I got my second Moderna shot today at around three. My first shot I had no symptoms, this time around I am feeling it pretty quickly.

Update:

I feel like I got hit by a truck.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
This too shall pass. Stay hydrated. 600mg ibuprofen. Nap.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M

Update:

Embrace it! After I got my second Pfizer shot in the evening I woke up the next morning and could barely get out of bed I was so tired. Slept about 18 hrs that day and woke up refreshed the following morning like never before. It was fantastic.

Legend
Legend

Update:

No better explanation than "hit by a truck" when I got covid but the recipe was pretty simple. Good advice from Portland -- hydrate, Ibuprofen, naps. Hang in there champ!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
E
Legend
Legend
E

All done. smile

It made me pretty sick. Last night was rough. Feverish, nauseous, cold sweats, sore arm.

No Craps Given
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

All done. smile

It made me pretty sick. Last night was rough. Feverish, nauseous, cold sweats, sore arm.

What doesn’t kill us… gives us a stronger 5G signal. Welcome to the club.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O

That's all normal, it's just a side effect of the micro robots integrating into your cells. wink

I used purple in case you couldn't tell...

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/07/21 02:36 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Just got back a little bit ago from taking my wife to get her second Pfizer vaccine. So we're both fully covered now.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Well they are putting the FDA in a pickle because I can't imagine that they would suddenly say it's not safe...

If it isn't, would they?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
This too shall pass. Stay hydrated. 600mg ibuprofen. Nap.

This was me.
Felt like I got hit by a Fiat 500 instead of a truck. The truck was last Feb when I think I had a case of The Actual Crap.

The naps, ibuprofen and water/juice/soup did the trick.

Back on top inside of 48 hours.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

If it isn't, would they?

That's what I'm saying. Can you imagine the absolute crapfest that would ensue after that announcement? smh.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Has anyone talked to Vers or 40 since the last big spike, well 40 even before that? They both quit posting as far as I can tell and I can't help but wonder if they are alright. There was no great love loss between us, but I wouldn't wish them any harm and certainly not covid.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/07/21 10:12 PM.

Legend
Legend
Has anyone talked to Vers or 40 since the last big spike, well 40 even before that? They both quit posting as far as I can tell and I can't help but wonder if they are alright. There was no great love loss between us, but I wouldn't wish them any harm and certainly not covid.

I thought Vers recovered from covid before he left? I know some of his kids did, maybe I'm confused.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1863222 05/07/21 11:16 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: FATE

I thought Vers recovered from covid before he left? I know some of his kids did, maybe I'm confused.

I am worried about them too.

No Craps Given
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... COVID-19 vaccine

Link Copied to Clipboard