Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
How did you make out, Eve? Any side effects yet? You go, girl....

I havent gone yet. My appt is for 6pm today. I'm kind of nervous about it. I trust my natural antibodies more than this vaccine.

All done. smile

It made me pretty sick. Last night was rough. Feverish, nauseous, cold sweats, sore arm.

We both got it around the same time. My first shot was pretty much the same side effects, my second shot I had zero side effects beyond a sore arm and I was tired that night. From my research, this is pretty common that the first shot is far worse if you already had COVID.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Has anyone talked to Vers or 40 since the last big spike, well 40 even before that? They both quit posting as far as I can tell and I can't help but wonder if they are alright. There was no great love loss between us, but I wouldn't wish them any harm and certainly not covid.

I thought Vers recovered from covid before he left? I know some of his kids did, maybe I'm confused.

I am worried about them too.

Add me to the list of concerned Dawgs.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Well they are putting the FDA in a pickle because I can't imagine that they would suddenly say it's not safe...

If it isn't, would they?

That's what I'm saying. Can you imagine the absolute crapfest that would ensue after that announcement? smh.

I wasn't sure, but after posting I started to lean that is what you meant. I suppose we will find out if a new wave of "Thalidomide babies" or some other infirmity hits the population at some point in the future, be it in the near or distant future.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Originally Posted By: FATE
Has anyone talked to Vers or 40 since the last big spike, well 40 even before that? They both quit posting as far as I can tell and I can't help but wonder if they are alright. There was no great love loss between us, but I wouldn't wish them any harm and certainly not covid.

I thought Vers recovered from covid before he left? I know some of his kids did, maybe I'm confused.

I am worried about them too.

Add me to the list of concerned Dawgs.

Somebody posted here not long ago that Vers left by choice, as did Tulsa. Haven't heard a thing about 40.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
40 was a troll that left when donny lost as he knew he was on the losing side… a hard place to troll from. If donny had won 40 would still be here spreading his nonsense. Good riddance. Maybe he’s spending more time with his ‘gardener’…. Or lurking here as another troll poster…
Vers got tired of being called out for starting arguments…. While casting himself as the victim. He was a master of this play. He took his ball and left when the board finally saw through his game and called him out enough times. I liked Vers when he’d talk football. It just became less and less of his content.

Just calling it how I see it. I could be wrong.

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Milk Man
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
I got my second Moderna shot today at around three. My first shot I had no symptoms, this time around I am feeling it pretty quickly.

Update:

I feel like I got hit by a truck.

Embrace it! After I got my second Pfizer shot in the evening I woke up the next morning and could barely get out of bed I was so tired. Slept about 18 hrs that day and woke up refreshed the following morning like never before. It was fantastic.

I woke up this morning like nothing ever happened. What a weird experience.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I agree that 40 trolled a lot, but I had real convos with him too, especially early on when he was rather new to the board. He and I taking political shots at each other in EE in 2015 (and the angst created by Trump getting elected) is why we have PP today. He and I would never get along politically, but he was not just a troll IMHO. I actually liked him most of the time, even when I was mad at him for his Trump BS... "Trump got this!" drove me nuts.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Legend
Legend
D
I got the Pfizer vaccine shots, with no reaction to either one.

Dave #1863525 05/10/21 05:31 PM
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

O
Legend
Legend
O
While I haven't seen anything on it, my guess would be Moderna is not far behind.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
I was hoping they'd wait until 75% of the adult population were vaccinated. Looks like we've hit or are quickly approaching that with the most vulnerable. I'm hoping people smarter than me are making this decision...I don't have a lot of faith in our elected leadership. Here's the current vax rate for Ohio.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Why worry about 75%?

Not to sound selfish, but if you have been vaccinated and are protected, that is all you can do. Fudge the other people. That is the choice they make.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M

O
Legend
Legend
O
So did we make it to the goal infection rate? DeWine said that he wouldn't lift the health orders until that hit a target.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
An anti-vax conspiracy theory is apparently making anti-maskers consider masking up, social distancing
Peter Weber
Wed, May 12, 2021, 3:15 AM·1 min read

"A conspiracy ripping through the anti-vax world may finally drive some anti-maskers to do the unthinkable: wear a mask and keep their distance," Vice News reports. The conspiracy theory claims, falsely, that vaccinated people "shed" certain proteins that can infect unvaccinated people and cause some sort of harm, usually tied to reproduction. ("It is biologically impossible for a vaccinated person to spread the vaccine to someone who hasn't been vaccinated," The Associated Press says.)

For those who do believe that vaccinated people can somehow infect them with vaccine proteins — one private school in Miami barred vaccinated teachers from interacting with unvaccinated students — some "anti-vax influencers" are suggesting they protect themselves by "social distancing, the very strategy the have long decried," Vice reports. Others "conspiracy theorists are wondering if perhaps their longtime bane, the mask, could become their salvation."

Several people who study the anti-vax and anti-mask movements said they are skeptical mask-wearing will take hold in those communities. Other observers found the conundrum delightful and perhaps a little too perfect to be true.

In any case, "while the conspiracy is baseless, the fear it is causing vaccine skeptics is very real," Vice says. "And where there is a fear, there's money to be made." You can read more at Vice News.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-vax-conspiracy-theory-apparently-071507094.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
I think Dewine, and everybody nationwide, are watching the numbers plummet and realizing critical mass is in the rear-view.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
I got my second Moderna shot today at around three. My first shot I had no symptoms, this time around I am feeling it pretty quickly.

Update:

I feel like I got hit by a truck.

It was brutal the day after my second dose. Entire body hurt and I couldn't keep my eyes open. Only lasted a day though, felt basically back to normal two days after.

Wise words spoken by sages
From SkyTel to BlackBerry pagers
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Ha! Hey, whatever works!

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
So did we make it to the goal infection rate? DeWine said that he wouldn't lift the health orders until that hit a target.

Maybe he's lifting health orders to assist in hitting the target?

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

Maybe he's lifting health orders to assist in hitting the target?

Not to turn this thread political, but it was quite likely that political pressure was the driving force.

B
Legend
Legend
B
There comes a point where the Governor looked around at other states that have eased up and didn't see dire results.

There just comes a point where it is time.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I doubt that. He's been getting political pressure for a very long time now. I believe it has a lot more to do with this....

CDC eases guidance on indoor mask-wearing for fully vaccinated

https://www.king5.com/article/news/healt...9b-43fd424d3cd8

At some point you have to allow the anti vaxxers to fend for themselves. No sense in continuing to punish those who did the right thing.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
I agree on removing the mandates and am aware of the CDC announcement, but Ohio had recently passed a law stripping DeWine of continuing to issue health orders. The latest health order were nearing expiration and dropping the health orders now keeps the issue from going to court for the time being. Ohio SB 22 is set to go into effect on 6/23/21.

In the end, multiple factors played a role.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Since the CDC just dropped the mask order, DeWine going along with CDC guidelines, which he has done all along, happened before his mandates expired. Before any legal action would have happened by well over a month.

I think you may be searching for an answer that may not exist If one looks at the fact he has followed the CDC guidelines all along and his announcement coming at almost the exact same time the new CDC guidelines came out, there's not much controversy here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
I am having somewhat of a hard time understanding why Ohio, Pa or the CDC are doing this.

Dewine said at different times that he would relax the restrictions when cases were at 50 per 100,000 for 2 weeks. The best I can remember was a number about 140 per 100,000.
Also, everyone said they would look at loosening restrictions when we got closer to herd immunity. According to the Mayo website, the percentage of Ohioans with one shot is 42.3%.
The percentage of people of the United States with one dose is 46.6% and fully vaccinated is only 35.6% as of May 12th. They have right on the chart that the vaccination goal is 80%-Never was going to happen and it really won't now.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-tracker

I got on the news for a few minutes and noted a bunch of places saying that concerts are going to go full bookings, bars and restaurant's are going to cram them back in and other than a few places (planes, hospitals) we are going to be able to go back to pre covid.

My wife just asked me what I thought-I told her if you want to go somewhere this summer-take the same precautions we would if covid was still raging and don't rearrange my office at home-I think that by Sept/October I am going to be back at home for a while again.

Last edited by northlima dawg; 05/13/21 05:21 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
FDA just ok'd Pfizer vaccine for kids (12 and up, I think). I think that will have a positive effect and has yet to kick in.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
FDA just ok'd Pfizer vaccine for kids (12 and up, I think). I think that will have a positive effect and has yet to kick in.

As much as I am pro vaccination, I'm hesitant to get behind vaccinating developing bodies with literally no data on long term effects.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: jfanent

As much as I am pro vaccination, I'm hesitant to get behind vaccinating developing bodies with literally no data on long term effects.

I agree.
That said…(and saying this tongue in cheek on some level) In a few short years many of those same kids will be at a college putting all kinds of recreational chemistry into their bodies. Willingly and without thought of who made it, or who’s since ‘stepped on it’ l, or with what.
Just saying. Lol

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R

My kids are 7. We are torn on them getting the vaccine for this reason. I am hoping the decision is out of our hands for as long as possible.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

I agree.
That said…(and saying this tongue in cheek on some level) In a few short years many of those same kids will be at a college putting all kinds of recreational chemistry into their bodies. Willingly and without thought of who made it, or who’s since ‘stepped on it’ l, or with what.
Just saying. Lol

So true, Lol. We get patients questioning or refusing every med they have ordered when their tox screen is positive for over half the things we test for.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
j/c:

My cousin's aunt (I didn't know her/never met her) got the Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccination. Two or three days later she died from a blood clot.

It's rare but it can happen.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Got my second Moderna at 3:31pm yesterday. By 730pm I was exhausted. Went to bed around 930 and woke up at 3:23am with a fever and massive headache...fever is gone but the headache and odd body aches still exist (my feet and toes are really sore). And of course, the standard sore arm.

Shot 1 was just being really tired about 24-36 hours after the shot and of course sore arm. I am surprised that shot 2 hit me pretty much at the 12 hour mark. I didn't expect that.

This said, I'm hydrating (might need to slow down, I'm at 30 ounces at 9am) and took some ibuprofen...and am looking forward to some normalcy, if that exists still.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
j/c:

My cousin's aunt (I didn't know her/never met her) got the Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccination. Two or three days later she died from a blood clot.

It's rare but it can happen.

Sorry to hear about the loss in the family. Blood clots from the J&J vaccine are rare, but that doesn’t change those they effect. Both the patient and the family.

Just posting this for some general perspective. Not to dismiss the reality.

[Linked Image]
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: clwb419
Got my second Moderna at 3:31pm yesterday. By 730pm I was exhausted. Went to bed around 930 and woke up at 3:23am with a fever and massive headache...fever is gone but the headache and odd body aches still exist (my feet and toes are really sore). And of course, the standard sore arm.

Shot 1 was just being really tired about 24-36 hours after the shot and of course sore arm. I am surprised that shot 2 hit me pretty much at the 12 hour mark. I didn't expect that.

This said, I'm hydrating (might need to slow down, I'm at 30 ounces at 9am) and took some ibuprofen...and am looking forward to some normalcy, if that exists still.

i got my second moderna on tuesday. i was so worried about feeling like garbage since the second shot has been trouble for so many, but other than feeling achy for a bit, and the sore arm, i am good. i am glad i am past all this, and am looking forward to things getting back to normal

the city i live in hosted their own event, put on by police and fire, it was well organized, and i was in and out in 20 minutes, most of which was the monitoring period.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Bill Maher just tested positive for covid and he was fully vaccinated. He is asymptomatic though.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Which is the exact purpose of the vaccine. Keeping you asymptomatic.

I posted earlier in one of the COVID threads that a friend’s father just died of COVID after being vaccinated. He had a kidney transplant in his past and was immune compromised because of this. The vaccine wasn’t enough to hold it back in him. It’s not perfect. In general though the vaccine will keep the typical person asymptomatic and out of the hospital.

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
In general though the vaccine will keep the typical person asymptomatic and out of the hospital.

And that's the important part.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
It is the important part. It’s also a reality check that the virus is still being passed from person to person. This is the reason why we should still be making smart choices and erring on the side of caution. Not just for ourselves but for those around us.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

My kids are 7. We are torn on them getting the vaccine for this reason. I am hoping the decision is out of our hands for as long as possible.

That is one tough call. I feel for the parents that have to make it.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... COVID-19 vaccine

Link Copied to Clipboard