Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M
“Our clear finding is that citizens should be confident the results represent the true results of the ballots cast by the people of Michigan,” McBroom wrote in the report. “There is no evidence presented at this time to prove either significant acts of fraud or that an organized, wide-scale effort to commit fraudulent activity was perpetrated in order to subvert the will of Michigan voters.”

For good measure, McBroom added: “The Committee strongly recommends citizens use a critical eye and ear toward those who have pushed demonstrably false theories for their own personal gain.”

#factdontmatter #cultoftrump

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Yeah, that's the guy,,,

They eat their own...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

FBI begins arresting individuals who attacked journalists on Jan. 6

https://www.axios.com/fbi-arrests-attack...q5bpFO9yjt4DQyQ

Yeah, but it was only assault and destruction of property like those in the summer riots were charged with, right?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg

I assume you read that entire thing,,, near the end, the State Police said they didn't have Drivers Licenses or gun Permits,,, (paraphrasing) Can you imagine, they could get away with that in Texas.....

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
What Do We Know About the Armed Group Involved in I-95 Police Standoff?

Massachusetts State Police Col. Christopher Mason said the men identified themselves as being part of a group known as Rise of the Moors

Police say they have safely resolved a situation with a group of heavily armed men who refused to comply with police Saturday morning, resulting in the shut down of busy Interstate 95 and shelter-in-place orders for parts of Wakefield and Reading.

The group of nine men were reportedly in two cars stopped in the breakdown lane on I-95 in Wakefield with their hazard lights on around 1:30 a.m. when police stopped to assist them. Police said the responding trooper saw that they were wearing “tactical or military style” uniforms, including tactical vests and body cameras. Some had long rifles, others pistols or some combination of both.

State Police Col. Christopher Mason said the men identified themselves as being part of a group known as Rise of the Moors. The group's website describes them as "Moorish Americans dedicated to educating new Moors and influencing our Elders."

“Their self-professed leader wanted very much known their ideology is not anti-government,” Mason said. “Our investigation will provide us more insight into what their motivation, what their ideology is.”

Mason said he can't confirm that they are "validated members" of the group. "They identify as they identify."

He said police are also aware of what the group promoting on social media sites, but didn't elaborate on what that was.

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center's website, the Moorish sovereign citizen movement is a collection of independent organizations and lone individuals that emerged in the early 1990s as an offshoot of the antigovernment sovereign citizens movement, which believes that individual citizens hold sovereignty over, and are independent of, the authority of federal and state governments.

It is not clear if Rise of the Moors is specifically affiliated with that movement.

Mason said he did not have any knowledge of this group prior to Saturday, but said it is not unusual for state police to encounter people with "sovereign ideologies."

"I'm not saying that this group does, but we have had those encounters before in the past, we trained to those encounters," he said. "We very much understand, you know the, I guess the philosophy that underlies that mindset, and we train our officers actually at the academy on on these interactions and how to de-escalate those situations and how to engage with people that have that that philosophy and mindset and resolve those situations, you know, in a peaceful manner, which is what we're committed to doing today."

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/wha...police/2421354/

Growing up where I did, I actually knew a family who held these beliefs. I see nothing that would tie them into groups associated with the insurrection or that promote some of the crazy election conspiracies.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Trump is a clear and present danger. Looks like we are going to need a lot more ANTIFA.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
I didn't know much about that really

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm sure gald this entire January 6th thing wasn't that serious and nobody was really trying to hurt anyone.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Agent provocateurs were the January rioters!

Not Trump or his supporters you silly libs.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Court evidence and criminal investigations shows that is a lie.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I'm sure glad it was just a regular day at the Capital... Nothing to see here,, Move along.

How in the hell can anyone see this and defend those actions and defend those that committed those crimes...

And again, think about it. How nutty do you have to be to believe a bunch of Biden supporters, Democrats, Antifa and BLM dressed up like idiot Trumpians and stormed the capital in order to change the results of the election they already won. Y I K E S

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown

So why not investigate it? The GQP didn’t want it investigated… kinda weird if you think it was ThE LiBeRaLz.

Take your poor attempt at trolling to the Stillers page. You’d fit right in.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend

That is part of the Big Lie.. Clearly you bought it.

Over 400 arrested so far,, the House will investigate. The Republicans will continue to hide..

Ask yourself,, why would the republicans NOT want to investigate.. I mean, if they feel they are being lied about, then why not investigate.. That might clear them.

But NOOOOOOOOO, we can't do that.. We can investigate missing emails for years, we can investigate Bengazi for years and find nothing to hang on Hillary.. But the entire country saw what happened on Jan 6 and it's frankly impossible not to want to investigate unless you are afraid that it will point a finger at you..

Clearly, Republicans are afraid of something...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Super’s posts should come with this warning.
We’re all a little guilty on this thread. I left some troll kibble for him too. My bad.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

The List: 32 Lies and Disputed Stories NBC News Let Brian Williams Tell For a Decade

John Nolte

16 Feb 2015

How in the world did NBC News let its biggest star and face of its division run around America for more than ten years telling stolen valor lies, lie-lies, whoppers, white lies, exaggerations, and — if you want to be charitable — embellishments.

Brian Williams didn’t just spew bald-faced lies from David Letterman’s couch. He lied repeatedly on the air at NBC News and its affiliates. He lied to NBC News legend Tim Russert. Stories Williams’ shared with NBC’s own Tom Brokaw both on the air and at Columbia Journalism school are now disputed. Things told to other reporters don’t add up.

Numerous accounts now verify that NBC News not only wanted Brian Williams out there building his brand with the likes of Jon Stewart, David Letterman, and Saturday Night Live, but that the NBC brass knew their star was a serial liar. According to the Washington Post, Williams made 80 appearances on entertainment shows, and…

…when Williams was talking about himself outside the confines of his anchor’s desk, he seemed to want to make his experiences more dramatic, colleagues said. He was the biggest news anchor in the country, the undisputed ratings champ, but he often pushed stories to their limit — and sometimes beyond.

“That’s Brian being Brian” became the newsroom shorthand.

Apparently, as long as Brian Williams’ lies helped build the NBC News brand and the “Nightly News” ratings, nobody in charge chose to say anything. Now that he’s been caught, NBC News is finally taking action while telling what looks like a big fat lie of its own — the lie that NBC News didn’t know about this the whole time.

Below is a list of the things Williams has said over the years that are either proven lies, suspected lies, disputed by on-the-record eye witnesses, or contradicted by Williams himself. I lost count after 30. And I probably missed a few.

Below, I have copy and pasted directly from the sources linked. The quotes all belong to Williams. The descriptions of what Williams’ said are written by the linked news source.

The Iraq RPG Helicopter Hit

— “A terrible moment a dozen years back during the invasion of Iraq when the helicopter we were traveling in was forced down after being hit by an RPG.” — NBC Nightly News, January 30, 2015

— “It was no more than 120 seconds later that the helicopter in front of us was hit.” — Brian Williams to Tim Russert on CNBC, March 2005

— “I was instead following the aircraft” [that was struck by the RPG]. — NBC Nightly News, Wednesday February 5, 2015

— Williams’ original [March 26, 2003, NBC News] report indicated that a helicopter in front of his was hit. — PolitiFact

— NBC publishes a book [in 2003], “Operation Iraqi Freedom,” in which they describe Williams’ experience, implying that his helicopter sustained fire. — PolitiFact

— May 2008: Williams writes another [NBC News] blog, responding to a note from a soldier who he met in Iraq. In this post, Williams indicates that he was in a helicopter that took fire. — PolitiFact

— “I’ve done some ridiculously stupid things under that banner, like being in a helicopter I had no business being in Iraq with rounds coming into the airframe,” he said [to Alec Baldwin in March 2014] — PolitiFact

— “We were in some helicopters. What we didn’t know was, we were north of the invasion. We were the northernmost Americans in Iraq. We were going to drop some bridge portions across the Euphrates so the Third Infantry could cross on them. Two of the four helicopters were hit, by ground fire, including the one I was in, RPG and AK-47. — Williams to Letterman on March 26, 2013 — PolitiFact.

— In the initial NBC broadcast where he described his 2003 Iraq reporting mission, embattled NBC anchor Brian Williams falsely claimed that “we saw the guy . . . [who] put a round through the back of a chopper,” which he further and incorrectly claimed was “the Chinook [helicopter] in front of us.” — Breitbart

— “We flew over a bridge. He waved to the lead pilot very kindly. With that someone else removed the tarp, stood up, and put a round through the back of a chopper missing the rear rotor by four or five feet.” — To Tom Brokaw on March 26, 2003 — Breitbart

— “[Y]ou go back to Iraq, and I looked down the tube of an RPG that had been fired at us and it hit the chopper in front of ours.” — Williams to Fairfield University in 2007 — Ace of Spades

SEAL Team 6 Tale

— “We have some idea which of our special operations teams carried this out,” Williams said on “The Late Show With David Letterman” the day after the raid [May 2, 2011]. “It happens to be a team I flew into Baghdad with, on the condition that I would never speak of what I saw on the aircraft, what aircraft we were on, what we were carrying, or who we were after.” — Huffington Post

— “Now, people might be hearing about SEAL Team 6,” Williams said the next night, May 3, 2011, on “Nightly News.” “I happen to have the great honor of flying into Baghdad with them at the start of the war.” — Huffington Post

— “I flew into Baghdad, invasion plus three days, on a blackout mission at night with elements of SEAL Team 6, and I was told not to make any eye contact with them or initiate any conversation,” Williams said. (Three days after the U.S. invasion would have been March 22, 2003, not April 9, 2003, which was the day Williams broadcasted from the Baghdad airport.) — To David Letterman in May of 2012 — Huffinton Post

— In the 2012 “Late Show” appearance, Williams also recalled carrying a box of Wheat Thins, which he said a hungry special operator dug into with a “hand the size of a canned ham.” They got to talking, and Williams told the commando how much he admired his knife. “Darned if that knife didn’t show up at my office a couple weeks later,” Williams told Letterman. — Huffington Post

— “About six weeks after the Bin Laden raid, I got a white envelope and in it was a thank-you note, unsigned,” Williams said on “Letterman” in January 2013. “And in it was a piece of the fuselage of the blown-up Black Hawk in that courtyard. Sent to me by one of my friends.” — Huffington Post

— In February 2014, Williams elaborated on the helicopter gift in another media appearance, this time on the sports talk show hosted by Dan Patrick. “It’s one of the toughest things to get,” he said, “and the president has a piece of it as well … It’s made of a material most people haven’t seen or held in their hands.” — Huffington Post

Fall of the Berlin Wall

— “I’ve been so fortunate,” he said during a 2008 forum at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library. “I was at the Brandenburg Gate the night the wall came down.” — CNN

— “Here’s a fact: 25 years ago tonight, Tom Brokaw and I were at the Berlin Wall,” Williams said at a gala held on November 8, 2014. — CNN

The Pope

— “I was there during the visit of the pope,” Williams said [in 2002]. — CNN

— While delivering the commencement address at Catholic University that year [2004], Williams said the “highlight” of his time at the school “was in this very doorway, shaking hands with the Holy Father during his visit to this campus.” — CNN

Katyusha Rocket Fire

— “There were Katyusha rockets passing just beneath the helicopter I was riding in,” he told a student interviewer from Fairfield (Conn.) University that year [2007]. — Washington Post

Katrina

— “All of us watched [in the Superdome] as one man committed suicide.” — Williams to Tom Brokaw, at Columbia University in 2013.

–. My week, two weeks there was not helped by the fact that I accidentally ingested some of the floodwater. I became very sick with dysentery.” — Williams to Tom Brokaw at Columbia University in 2013.

— “Our hotel was overrun with gangs. I was rescued in the stairwell of a five-star hotel in New Orleans by a young police officer – we are friends to this day.” — Williams to Tom Brokaw at Columbia University in 2013.

— “When you look out of your hotel window in the French Quarter and watch a man float by face down, when you see bodies that you last saw in Banda Aceh, Indonesia, and swore to yourself that you would never see in your country,” Williams told Eisner [in 2006], who suggested in the interview that Williams emerged from former NBC News anchor Tom Brokaw’s shadow with his Katrina coverage. — USA Today

— In Williams’s telling, the pathos of the scene extended to his crew’s access to food. “We were desperate for food and drink. But not like the people we were seeing in the streets,” he said in the documentary “In His Own Words: Brian Williams on Hurricane Katrina.” — Washington Post

Puppy Rescue

— “I remember one such house fire — the structure was fully involved with flames and smoke. I was wearing a breathing apparatus, conducting a search on my hands and knees, when I felt something warm, squishy and furry on the floor of a closet. I instinctively tucked it in my coat.” — October 2011, USA Today

— “All I ever did as a volunteer fireman was once save two puppies.” — January 2007, Esquire

Christmas Tree Robbery

In a 2005 interview with Esquire magazine, Williams said a thief drew on him in the 1970s — leaving him “looking up at a thug’s snub-nosed .38 while selling Christmas trees out of the back of a truck.” – NY Post

Quitting College

— “One day, I’m at the copy machine in the White House and Walter Mondale comes up behind me and clears his throat. A classic throat-clearing. I thought people only did that in movies, but it turns out vice-presidents do it, too. Anyway, it makes for an exceptionally good morning, and I run from the White House to the GW campus for class. I’m still wearing my West Wing hard pass on a chain, and when my professor sees it, he admits that he’s only been to the White House on the public tour. And I thought to myself, This is costing me money that I don’t have, and I’m a young man in too much of a hurry. So I left school.” — Brian Williams to Esquire, 2005

— But then a friend invited him to drive to Washington, D.C., for a weekend, and everything changed. Smitten with the city and its youthful energy, Williams decided to move there. He transferred what credits he could from Brookdale to Catholic University and took a job in the public relations department to help pay his expenses. He landed an internship at the White House, and when that ended, he answered an ad for a clerking job at a broadcasting association. — 2009, New Jersey-Star Ledger

“That’s Brian being Brian” became the newsroom shorthand. — Washington Post

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2015...l-for-a-decade/

B
Legend
Legend
B
You and others are pretty quick to dismiss various new sites that don't meet your approval, so i might as well join in...MSNBC is a rag.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
You and others are pretty quick to dismiss various new sites that don't meet your approval, so i might as well join in...MSNBC is a rag.

Again, its a video released by a judge... MSNBC played it. NBC played it, CBS played it, ABC played it..

You wanna know who didn't...

FOX
Brietbart
Newsmax..

Whos hiding what?

Trump and his minions are behind the insurrection. They riled up the crowd. They are responsible. It's as plain as the nose on your face.. Why you can't see it, I don't know.

MSNBC didn't make that video... They merely showed it. but like all trumpians, you don't want it shown on TV..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
So, whats this got to do with anything.. Are you denying the capital riots took place..

You can see the video.. Deny if you must, but it's right there.. History will judge you harshly

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

B
Legend
Legend
B
The difference between you and I is I don't see it any differently than any of the other insurrections against authority that have taken place over the last few years.

You do.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
the other insurrections against authority that have taken place over the last few years.

Is 'insurrection against authority' just a misleading way of describing a protest and/or riot? By my count, there has only been 1 insurrection 'over the past few years'.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
You now how silly they can be with word definitions these days. It's as if they think the dictionary no longer exists.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
the other insurrections against authority that have taken place over the last few years.

Is 'insurrection against authority' just a misleading way of describing a protest and/or riot? By my count, there has only been 1 insurrection 'over the past few years'.

I don't think so. Insurrection isn't solely held to a government. It can be any civil authority. A police force as an example.

Websters definition:

in·​sur·​rec·​tion | \ ˌin(t)-sə-ˈrek-shən \
Definition of insurrection
: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

Many people may limit the meaning to a government, but it can go beyond that. I'd say the police have been facing this for several years now.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
At some point the question must be asked if those you describe are standing up against authority or did authority choose to stand up against them?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
The obvious thing is that there is a line between protest (and even riot) and insurrection. He sounds like he's trying to lump riots in with insurrection.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's it exactly. It's simply another tactic to try and minimize what happened on January 6th.

Trying to compare those fighting for social justice, which has been a continuing process through generations, with those who committed an insurrection by breaching the capital as a group, which hadn't been done since our enemies, the British did so in 1814.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Trying to compare those fighting for social justice, which has been a continuing process through generations,

The riots that were occurring doesn't qualify as 'fighting for social justice' but that doesn't mean it was an insurrection, either.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
There is certainly a big difference between the protests and the riots that occurred in some cases afterwords. When it comes to both the summer riots and the insurrection, I support all of those guilty of criminal conduct to be held responsible for their criminal acts.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
You and I are the same on that... I'm just trying to emphasize that there is even a difference between the summer riots and the insurrection. The riots were wrong, but even that doesn't elevate them to the level of an insurrection (such as Jan6).

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
The obvious thing is that there is a line between protest (and even riot) and insurrection. He sounds like he's trying to lump riots in with insurrection.

There really isn't a difference if the riots are against a civil authority.

The police qualify.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And the idiot still has a job...hahahahahahahahahahha!

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Just another day at the Capitol, right? No sedition to speak of…

“A Pennsylvania woman who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 has filed court documents claiming she is immune from earthly laws thanks to her faith in Jesus Christ, the Daily Beast reports.

Pauline Bauer, who allegedly told a Capitol police officer during the riot to “bring Nancy Pelosi out here now… we want to hang that f***ing b*tch,” is charged with multiple counts of violent entry, disruptive conduct, and obstruction of Congress. “

https://deadstate.org/capitol-rioter-who...1Mrl4GhE4QxCJFs

I’m not sure how much more clear it needs to be. This is words from a person that stormed the Capitol. She wanted to kill a Congressperson. Her reason for breaking into the building was to KILL CONGRESSPERSONS. Is there a nuance I'm missing that would make this not sedition?
Do you need more evidence to give up your stance or are you just so dug into your position you’ll never budge?

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Aren't most/many of those people, her included, being charged with crimes?

I have faith in Jesus, yet you don't see me breaking the laws of the country, and if I do, I certainly wouldn't claim religion as a reason to do so.

Legend
Legend
People erected a Gallows on the grounds of the United States Capitol.

Allow me to repeat this fact for emphasis:
People erected a Gallows on the grounds of the United States Capitol.

A Gallows.

This Gallows:

To any person of even basic cognition, this implies intent.

- They chanted, "Hang Mike Pence. Hang Mike Pence. Hang Mike Pence..."
The actual Second-In-Command of the entire Nation.

- They made an organized penetration into the inner rooms of the Federal facility, placed their feet upon the desktops of America's elected officials, smeared their personal feces upon the walls of Our Nation's Law-making Home, all while intentionally injuring 140 law enforcement officers in the process.

-They actively hunted (by name) legislators considered to be 'enemies.'

- They managed to actually suspend the operation of Our Nation's governance.

This thread is a stupid time-wasting deadbate, because we not only have facts, testimony from Cops, thousands of eyewitness accounts, terrabytes of digital data placing people with places, and hundreds- HUNDREDS of federal arrest warrants served and processed...

...we also have film.

Each and every one of us saw this event on the day it was happening. At the moment it was happening. We ALL know what we saw: America's Capitol was attacked and defiled on January 6, 2021.

It was an affront as heinous and reprehensible as the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor or Al Qaeda's attack on September 11, 2001.

On January 6, 2021, these "american citizens" managed to accomplish what the brave American Citizens of United Airlines Flight 92 gave their lives to protect. They managed to accomplish what Al Qaeda couldn't:

They successfully attacked the home and heart of American Democracy.

Nicely played, "patriots."

I'm done with this stupidity.

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
To any person of even basic cognition, this implies intent.

As an American Risen From Slavery who understands the connotation of nooses, let me bring this home for each and every one of you:

These people intended to end the life of America's Second-In-Command in a public execution. They chanted their intent in front of all of us. They were not shy, they were not coy. They were emphatic, succinct: HANG MIKE PENCE.

My family & friends have seen enough nooses to know that this particular knot requires intent from the very start of its construction. It is a knot formed with only one purpose.

These people not only braided that hangman's loop, they also built their makeshift Poplar tree* to give America's Vice President the same treatment normally reserved for runaway slaves and victims of Klan terrorism. Make no mistake: these people were on a mission. A mission that failed, but only by scant measures.

Any attempt to paint these insurrectionists as anything other than traitors is an extension of that initial act of sedition.

* Strange Fruit

"too many notes, not enough music-"

#GMStong
P
Legend
Legend
P
And yet we have people all across our nation who refuse to call out and even still support this scum bag. We even still have members on this very board making excuses why it's okay.

Don't sit here and tell me what a patriotic American you are, what a Christian you are, and not call this clown out.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Fallout

Link Copied to Clipboard