Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Indians got no hit again. Plesac is 10-5 this season, or 10-2 when his team actually got a hit. Talk about unlucky, he was the starter on all three no hitters this season according to ESPN.

[Linked Image from img.photobucket.com]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Pretty bizarre.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Just came here to say that watching Lindor smack 3 homers last night for the Mets mad me so ticked off at our ownership group for letting yet another great player walk.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Stat sheet say's he has 17 homers for the year and is batting 227 !

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: waterdawg

He has had a really tough year, for sure. He also has 8 errors.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
Amed Rosario ... .281 BA, 10 HR, 50 RBI, 69 Runs, 12 SB ... $2.4M/yr

Francisco Lindor ... .227 BA, 17 HR, 52 RBI, 64 Runs, 10 SB ... $22.3M/yr ($32M/yr next year)

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: waterdawg

He has had a really tough year, for sure. He also has 8 errors.

This is meaningless, but to add some extra salt:

Dude was “Mr Smiles” with us; a fan favorite and MLB poster boy.

Goes to NYM,

- allegedly gets into an argument with a teammate over a NY rat?
- him and Baez decide to boo the fans
- and whatever happened a couple days ago with the whistling at the Yankees bench/Stanton argument

Just some weird stuff.

I am very happy with Rosario, his high motor and all out play. His negative has been his defense, especially with what we are use to over the years.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What I’m hearing of prospects coming, big roster decisions looming – Terry’s Talkin’ Tribe
Updated: 5:58 a.m. | Published: 5:56 a.m.

By Terry Pluto, The Plain Dealer
CLEVELAND, Ohio – Lots of information in this story. It focuses on top Tribe prospects at the Class AA and AAA levels, along with players who will be out of minor-league options next season. So you won’t hear much about high-rated younger prospects such as Daniel Espino, who are in the lower levels of the minors.

1. Fans know about the rise of Cal Quantrill and Triston McKenzie. The team is excited about a projected 2022 rotation of Shane Bieber, Aaron Civale, Zach Plesac, Quantrill and McKenzie. Since the All-Star break, McKenzie is 4-3 with a 3.30 ERA. Quantrill is 5-1 and 1.79.

2. Cody Morris opened the season on the injured list. Once he began to pitch, the 24-year-old right-hander is 2-1 with a 1.20 ERA between Class AA and AAA. They are keeping his innings low. In 28 frames at Class AAA Columbus, he fanned 38 and has an 0.95 ERA. He was a seventh-round pick from South Carolina in 2018.

3. Logan T. Allen (not the older Logan Allen) is a 23-year-old lefty in his first year of pro ball. He is 8-0 with a 2.37 ERA between Class A and AA. He’s struck out 136 in 106 innings, walking 26. He was a second-round pick from Florida International in 2020.

4. What about the other Logan Allen, the lefty acquired from San Diego in the Trevor Bauer deal? The 24 year old will be out of options in 2022. He is 1-7 with a 7.11 ERA for the Tribe, 2-3 with a 7.95 ERA in Class AAA. My guess is he won’t be on the 40-man roster for 2022. He’s allowed 21 HR in 93 innings between Class AAA and the majors.

5. At Class AA Akron, the two pitchers acquired in midseason trades have been impressive. Konnor Pilkington (for Cesar Hernandez) is 3-1 with a 2.14 ERA for the RubberDucks, 7-5 with a 3.01 ERA overall in Class AA with 111 Ks in 95 innings. Peyton Battenfield (for Jordan Luplow) is 7-1 with a 2.53 ERA in Class A, 82 strikeouts in 71 innings, only 14 walks. Neither are considered elite prospects, but these two 23-year-old former college pitchers could see action in Cleveland at some point in 2022.

6. The Tribe has had Sam Hentges and J.C. Mejia making spot starts in Cleveland. I see them as bullpen arms. They could open 2022 in the Class AAA rotation. Justin Garza and Nick Sandlin (injured) had some nice moments in the bullpen. They are promising.

7. George Valera was signed to a $1.3 million bonus deal out of the Dominican Republic in 2017. He has been on their prospect list ever since. But heading into the season, he’s been haunted by injuries – only 198 pro at-bats. But in 2021, he opened at Class A Lake County and has advanced to Class AA Akron. He’s crushed 19 HR in 274 at bats between Class A and AA. He walks a lot, and is hitting .280 (.792 OPS) for the RubberDucks. He’s only 21 and looking like a serious OF prospect for some point in 2022.

8. Tyler Freeman was having a great year at Akron, hitting .323 (.842 OPS) with two home runs and 19 RBI when he suffered a shoulder injury requiring season-ending surgery. This stalled his development, but the 2B/SS remains an exciting prospect. The 22-year-old is a career .319 minor-league hitter (.823 OPS).

9. If the Tribe decides to move Amed Rosario off shortstop in 2022 – and that’s not a given – Gabriel Arias would be a likely replacement. He’s considered the best defensive shortstop in the organization. At 21, he is batting .270 (.757 OPS) with 11 HR and 47 RBI in Class AAA. Yes, the Tribe has Andres Gimenez. But I’ve been hearing him as a second base possibility (along with Owen Miller) in 2022.

10. The Tribe believes it has someone special in 20-year-old SS Brayan Rocchio, who is batting .275 (.808 OPS) between Class A and AA. He is showing significant power: 15 HR, 25 doubles in 105 games. He’s stolen 20 bases. The Tribe doesn’t claim he’s the next Francisco Lindor, but he has Lindor-type all-around athleticism.

11. All these infield prospects mean Yu Chang could be dropped from the 40-man roster after the season. Chang is batting only .204 (.642 OPS) in 204 plate appearances. He’s 25 and will be out of options in 2022. Daniel Johnson does have options left for 2022, but I wonder about his spot on the 40 man. He’s batting only .211 (.711 OPS) in 60 games at Class AAA. The 26-year-old hit .221 for the Tribe this season.

12. Most hardcore fans know about catcher Bo Naylor, the team’s first-round pick in 2018 who is playing in Akron. The fastest rising catching prospect is Bryan Lavastida, who opened the season at Class A Lake County and after hitting a combined .309 (.870 OPS) at the Class A and AA levels, he’s been moved to to Class AAA. Naylor and Lavastida are why the Tribe was willing to deal catching prospect Yanier Diaz to Houston for Myles Straw.

13. A second-round pick in 2016, Nolan Jones has been a highly ranked prospect for several years. He played all season at Class AAA, batting .238 (.787 OPS) with 13 HR and 48 RBI. A natural third baseman, he has been playing at times in the outfield. His season is likely over with an ankle injury. He will need more work at Class AAA in 2022.

14. Then there’s Oscar Gonzalez, whose name doesn’t appear on many prospect lists. He’s split the season between Class AA and AAA, batting .303 (.896 OPS) with 28 HR and 76 RBI. He’s walked only 21 times compared to 94 strikeouts. The 23 year old is a below average outfielder, but has big league power from his 6-foot-4, 240-pound frame. He’s hitting .330 since promoted to Columbus. I’m intrigued.

15. Gonzalez is not on the 40-man roster. In general, talent evaluators are underwhelmed. This from Baseball America: “Gonzalez has long had plus-plus raw power, but this year he’s doing a better job of swinging at pitches that he can actually connect with. The likelihood that Gonzalez will turn into a mashing, everyday hitter is still slim. He’s also got a plus arm in the outfield. He’s more likely to be an up-and-down power bat.”

https://www.cleveland.com/guardians/2021...lkin-tribe.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Seems like the Tribe beats the Yanks up by double digits in Yankee stadium more often than other teams

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Gose is an interesting arm. Lefty out of the bullpen, throwing 100, with a good slider. He used to be an OF.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yea, hopefully he can learn to control his pitches

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
For me, they remain the Indians.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Dave
For me, they remain the Indians.

I agree.

My loyalty as a active fan goes back to the later 50's. I am not sure I will be able to latch on to the Guardians moving forward.

I haven't lived in Cleveland since the late 60's or had family in the area since the mid 70's. My loyalty is more about the teams now then it is about the city even though I love the city and area. Had the Browns come back under a different name, I doubt I would be a season ticket holder as I am now, or even really root for the team with any great emotion.

The Indians are about dead now and probably signals my top loyalty flowing over to the Braves and places the Guardians in a grouping of teams I like, such as the Tigers and Rays.

For me, it's a sad ending all because some people decided they didn't like the name Indians.

The world we live in.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Sad. I don’t know how I’d feel if the Browns changed their name honestly. I guess I’d still like the team? It would seem odd.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
So, you are a fan of the team name and not the team? The Yankees at one time were called the Hilltoppers, iirc. The people of Washington DC lost the senators twice and now have the Nationals.

The team is still here. The players are still here. Unfortunately, the FO and the owners are still here. I am a fan of the Cleveland baseball team. I don’t care what they are called. If you want to call them the Indians that is your choice. I will root for the Guardians because I grew up with the Cleveland baseball team.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We have been the Tribe since 1915 , I think ! That be long enough to stick .. But then I have had to except Owners like the Woke ass Dolan's . Had to get that off my chest .

J
Legend
Legend
J
One last time. Poor old Tribe.

D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
One last time: thank you very little.

wink

J
Legend
Legend
J
tongue

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Bird
So, you are a fan of the team name and not the team? The Yankees at one time were called the Hilltoppers, iirc. The people of Washington DC lost the senators twice and now have the Nationals.

The team is still here. The players are still here. Unfortunately, the FO and the owners are still here. I am a fan of the Cleveland baseball team. I don’t care what they are called. If you want to call them the Indians that is your choice. I will root for the Guardians because I grew up with the Cleveland baseball team.

I understand. I also understand you don't understand my point.

I will be glad for the city if the Guardians do well, and will root for them in a casual manner, but doubt I will root actively, go to any games, listen on the radio at night on WTAM or buy any gear. The name and team become one for me. Without the name, it isn't the team.

If I still lived there it might be different, but I don't and it isn't.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Bird

I understand. I also understand you don't understand my point.

I will be glad for the city if the Guardians do well, and will root for them in a casual manner, but doubt I will root actively, go to any games, listen on the radio at night on WTAM or buy any gear. The name and team become one for me. Without the name, it isn't the team.

If I still lived there it might be different, but I don't and it isn't.
Just because a team name changed…well, that is your right. To me it makes no sense. I lived in the Cleveland area from age 4 until I was transferred to Toledo at 30 ( got married at 29). I was then transferred to Chicago at age 38. Lived in the Chicago area for 15 years and returned to NE Ohio in 2009. Lived through the truly crappy teams of the ‘70’s and ‘80’s. Was at the White Sox stadium ( whatever they were calling it then) in ‘95 to see the Indians come into town. My brother and his wife flew into Midway on Southwest. It seemed everybody getting off the plane had Indians gear. There seemed to be 10,000 Indians fans at the game and they kicked the crap out of the Sox. Did I go because they were the Indians? No. I went because I grew up with Cleveland baseball. I was and am a fan of Cleveland baseball. The name does not change the love of the team or the game.

This is reminiscent of the whole BS over the Browns. The current iteration of the Browns has literally nothing to do with what came before 1999. Keeping the records? The expansion team that was created did not have any relation to the Browns other than claiming it did. Do I follow the Browns? Sure do. Would I have given a crap if the team wasn’t called the Browns? Nope. I was simply glad football was back. And the expansion team played like an expansion team. The idea that “we got our Browns back” is ridiculous. We did not. Nobody from that team from players to the ownership had anything to do with the former Browns in any significant manner.

All of that being said the change of the Indians name was not just “some people being upset”. What would we think of a team call “The Fighting Sp**s”? With a caricature of a Hispanic person? No, the time had come to change the name.

Btw, I suggest reading “The Glory of Their Times” and the chapter about Chief Meyers, a Native American catcher. It gives some insight into how Natives were treated then. I don’t think that a whole lot has changed since then. As for the Braves and KC Chiefs? Screw them.

D
Dave Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
D
People feel how they feel. Your sensibilities are not necessarily theirs. You might be be able to see that more clearly if you got off that high moral horse you're riding. No one gives a <bleep> about Chief whomever.

A
Legend
Legend
A
That's all well and good.

They will always be the Indians to me. Or the Tribe.

Change the name? Ok. That will make everything better.

Just like tearing down statues has made everything better, right?

People that live with racism on their mind will constantly find racism everywhere. They'll never be satisfied.

Edited: Did you hear that the covid vaccine mandate in New York, is racist? Apparently it is, according to some.

Last edited by archbolddawg; 09/28/21 08:31 PM.
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
They could have named them the Cleveland Cucumbers and I would still follow them. Been a Cleveland baseball fan since the early 80’s. A name change won’t change my team.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

B
Legend
Legend
B
Maybe they need to report the death of more than a few fans.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
At least Ramirez is back

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
The Guardians baseball team and the Guardians roller derby ream reached an agreement and both teams will keep the name. Guardians baseball gear will now be on sale at the teams website Friday morning.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Get your gear!

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Indians 2021 Part 2

Link Copied to Clipboard