Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#1868269 06/22/21 12:15 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Okay, so this isn't football related in terms of on the field which is why I am putting it here. But headlines are starting to come up about players that I thought were news worthy for football fans.

Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Frank Clark arrested in L.A. after submachine gun seen in car: Police

Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Frank Clark was arrested in Los Angeles after police saw a submachine gun in his car, police said Monday.

Clark, 28, was pulled over for a vehicle violation south of downtown at about 9:20 p.m. Sunday, LAPD public information officer Tony Im said.

“Officers noticed a bag with an Uzi sticking out” in plain sight in the car, Im said.

Clark was arrested on suspicion of having a concealed firearm in a vehicle, Im said.

He was booked into Los Angeles County jail and released Monday afternoon on $35,000 bond, according to the county sheriff’s jail inmate website.

“We are aware of the matter which will be reviewed under the NFL’s personal conduct policy,” NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said.

Clark’s attorney, Alex Spiro, said the gun belonged to Clark’s bodyguard.

Clark, who is a native of Los Angeles, played his first four NFL seasons with the Seattle Seahawks before being traded to the Kansas City Chiefs in 2019. He was part of the Chiefs’ Super Bowl-winning team in the 2019 season and overall has 49 sacks in 91 career games.

Clark previously was arrested in 2014 on suspicion of domestic violence over an incident at an Ohio hotel, leading to his removal from the University of Michigan team. He eventually pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of disorderly conduct.

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/kansas-...-concealed-gun/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1868271 06/22/21 12:19 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Vikings rookie shot 4 times in DC

Minnesota Vikings rookie Jaylen Twyman is in a hospital recovering after being shot four times in Washington, D.C.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Twyman — a sixth-round pick in the 2021 NFL Draft — was in a car and visiting his aunt when he was shot multiple times.

His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, reportedly told Schefter that Twyman won't need surgery but has superficial wounds, calling it a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Vikings’ rookie DT Jaylen Twyman was shot four times while visiting an aunt in Washington DC. “Wrong place, wrong time,” said his agent Drew Rosenhaus. “In talking to him today, he’s going to be OK - that’s all that matters. We’re thankful he’s OK. He will make a full recovery.”

Fortunately, Twyman is expected to make a full recovery.

The Vikings released the following statement to 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS:

"Minnesota Vikings defensive tackle Jaylen Twyman was one of several victims wounded during a shooting in Washington, DC, today. We have been in direct contact with Jaylen and his family, and we are extremely thankful Jaylen is expected to make a full recovery. At this time we will defer any further comment to the proper authorities."

https://kstp.com/minnesota-sports/vikings-rookie-jaylen-twyman-shot-in-dc-june-21-2021/6148050/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1868275 06/22/21 12:42 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
re: Clark's Uzi in the car....

Unless there's a history I'm not aware of, file this one under players doing dumb stuff. Shaun Rogers tried to bring a giant revolver through domestic airline security (in his carry-on). He said he forgot he had it in there.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I think a large part of this will be determined by whether it ends up being a semi automatic or fully automatic. And I seriously doubt you would forget having an Uzi sticking out of a bag on your car seat.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1868278 06/22/21 01:16 PM
Legend
Legend
Frank Clark‘s arrest Sunday night for felony illegal possession of a firearm was his second gun charge in three months.

Sam McDowell of the Kansas City Star uncovered California Highway Patrol records that show the Chiefs defensive end was arrested March 13 along with another man, Charles Smith, on a gun charge during a traffic stop.

Officers observed and recovered two loaded firearms inside the vehicle during a traffic stop at 11:45 p.m. PT on March 12. The police report obtained by the newspaper shows Clark and Smith were pulled over because the vehicle in which they were traveling did not display a front license plate.

Officers saw the muzzle of a firearm in a bag in the back seat and recovered two loaded firearms — one rifle and one handgun — from the vehicle.

Clark was released on $35,000 bond on March 13.

A Chiefs spokesman told McDowell the team is aware of Clark’s arrest but did not have a comment. It is unclear whether the Chiefs knew about Clark’s first arrest this offseason.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...n-a-gun-charge/

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
That certainly adds some context.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1868282 06/22/21 01:39 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I think a large part of this will be determined by whether it ends up being a semi automatic or fully automatic. And I seriously doubt you would forget having an Uzi sticking out of a bag on your car seat.

I thought all Uzis were auto(?). I did a quick search, and Uzi's are banned in CA, but if it was registered prior to its banning (a while ago), then it's legal to possess there.
That said, and unless I'm mistaken (very possible), his goose is cooked regardless. In CA, the laws are very specific on how you're allowed to transport your firearm by car. Peeking out from under a bag in the passenger seat, as you would imagine, is a no-go.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
They're designed in a way they can be made fully auto pretty easily, but no, there are a limited number of actual fully automatic weapons in the U.S.

Out of the nearly 400 million guns in the U.S., only 630 thousand are actually fully automatic and you have to jump through hoops to get a permit for one.

Automatic Weapons Are Legal, But It Takes A Lot To Get One Of The 630,000 In The U.S.

https://www.boisestatepublicradio.org/ne...-000-in-the-u-s

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Peeking out from under a bag in the passenger seat, as you would imagine, is a no-go.

Actually, as I found out in South Carolina, once, it isn't legal there, either. When in your car, that firearm falls under concealed carry laws, and one of the near universal aspects of concealed carry is that it must be in your possession and under your control. Under the driver's seat is ok. Under something on, or in front of, the passenger's seat is not ok. At that point, it is an illegally concealed weapon. A completely stupid distinction, but that is the nature of many gun laws, but, I digress.

So, regardless of whether or not it was full or semi, and whether or not he had a legal concealed permit... it wasn't legally concealed by most State's standards.

And, yeah... people that legally own full-auto weapons aren't an issue. The background checks done there are on par with security clearance checks.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Assuming Frank Clark is not living in CA and does NOT have a concealed carry permit from CA, having any gun anywhere in the car other than locked in a carrier in the trunk unloaded and separate from ammo means CA is going to bend him over the table.

CA doesn't recognize out of state concealed carry permits, and I doubt they would give one to him after his history that goes back to his college years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
One of the reasons to never go there. It isn't safe for law abiding citizens.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1868400 06/23/21 12:56 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You may wish to check out which states do and which states do not honor your CCW permit from Tennessee.

Concealed Carry Reciprocity

https://www.tennessee-carry.com/reciprocity-with-other-states

It's those nasty state rights you seem to always promote.

#gmstrong
Ballpeen #1868401 06/23/21 12:57 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I started getting into CA gun laws because California law is such that further details aren't really going to improve his case. Would you rather be in a state that's enacting laws such that someone like Frank Clark can get a CCW without any training?

-PrplPplEater
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Both Peen and I live in a state where you don't even need a CCW permit. Just buy a gun and strap it on! No permit or training needed! I mean what could possibly go wrong with that, right?

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1868440 06/23/21 03:32 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Both Peen and I live in a state where you don't even need a CCW permit. Just buy a gun and strap it on! No permit or training needed! I mean what could possibly go wrong with that, right?

When you think about it, what could go wrong that already doesn't? If people are going out to shoot'em up, they have a gun with them, legal or not.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1868444 06/23/21 03:50 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And that's the exact same thing as people not having a clue how to handle or fire a gun carrying around a gun. When you think about it, maybe we should take some common sense measures to prevent more gun deaths where and when we can.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
PitDAWG #1870552 07/10/21 08:55 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
And that's the exact same thing as people not having a clue how to handle or fire a gun carrying around a gun. When you think about it, maybe we should take some common sense measures to prevent more gun deaths where and when we can.

I won't disagree with that.

My only counter would be, how many gun deaths are accidental, where training might have done some good?

No doubt it's some, but in the broad sense, I don't think those deaths are the ones responsible for all the restrictive gun law legislation being proposed or passed.

I highly encourage everyone who purchases a gun to get some sort of training, even if by a family member who knows the in and outs.

When you get down to it, how many people do you think go out and get a gun with no idea or no idea how to operate the thing in a safe manner? I don't think it is all that many. I will stipulate that includes then gets no training at all.

You can go to youtube and pull up dozens of safety vids that are broad in nature and even gun specific. I wouldn't call that ideal. Some hands on with someone at your side is the best way.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1870579 07/10/21 12:05 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Some corpses count more than none. Any common sense way we can reduce gun deaths is a positive. You see, what you're doing is opening the door to question every accidental shooting that occurs. I don't care if it only saves 100 lives a year, 50 or even 10.

People who have never even fired a gun shouldn't be carrying one around in their waste band.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1870623 07/10/21 05:06 PM
Legend
Legend
If Clark would have been picked up in Texas with an Uzi, they'd have pinned a medal on him.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Damanshot #1870624 07/10/21 05:21 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
If Clark would have been picked up in Texas with an Uzi, they'd have pinned a medal on him.

Incorrect.

Perfect example of extremism and hatred on your part. And ignorance, really.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
rofl

Pot meet kettle.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Incorrect.

Perfect example of extremism and hatred on your part. And ignorance, really.

BS,, Tell me again what Texas has done to gun laws? Explain why just about anyone can get a gun, any kind of gun and carry it openly or covered.

Texas has fallen into complete NRA Love mode. Anything the NRA says, Texas does.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Damanshot #1870710 07/11/21 12:45 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
He's honing in on the hyperbole portion of your post. Not the actual point you were making of how many things considered as gun crimes in California would be legal in Texas. Which is true.

Gun laws very widely from state to state. Here in Tennessee you can just buy one, walk out of a gun store, load it and tuck it in your waist band. No training required! That would be illegal as hell in many states including California.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1870736 07/11/21 03:52 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Some corpses count more than none. Any common sense way we can reduce gun deaths is a positive. You see, what you're doing is opening the door to question every accidental shooting that occurs. I don't care if it only saves 100 lives a year, 50 or even 10.

People who have never even fired a gun shouldn't be carrying one around in their waste band.

Sure, but how many do that? You seem sure that is happening. I say very few, if any do that.

You go buy a new grill, you go home and fire it up.

You buy a new weapon, you go out out and fire it up.

I am not against training. I encourage that. I am just against your position that there are multitudes of untrained yahoos running around with their new gun strapped to their side.

That is unless you are talking about the untrained gang bangers out there shooting people without taking a gun safety course.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1870746 07/11/21 05:34 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Sure, but how many do that? You seem sure that is happening. I say very few, if any do that.

You go buy a new grill, you go home and fire it up.

You buy a new weapon, you go out out and fire it up.

I am not against training. I encourage that. I am just against your position that there are multitudes of untrained yahoos running around with their new gun strapped to their side.

That is unless you are talking about the untrained gang bangers out there shooting people without taking a gun safety course.

Pit likes to make up stuff then talk down to people in his arrogant way. If you disagree with him he comes up with some BS link.

Dawg Duty #1870830 07/12/21 12:27 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
Pit likes to make up stuff then talk down to people in his arrogant way. If you disagree with him he comes up with some BS link.

This is what people say who refuse to even try to hold an intelligent conversation and consider any source that doesn't tell them what they want to hear as BS. Blow off the other person and refuse to listen to anything outside their little comfort box.

#gmstrong
Ballpeen #1870833 07/12/21 12:33 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

That's an odd thing to say. I didn't say or even suggest it was a "multitudes". Would you consider even five out of one hundred a "multitude? 5%? Or is it too much of a stretch of the imagination that 5% of people would abuse a law that allows for such a thing?

We live in such a restrictive law enforced society that claims people who think differently abuse the law and the rules while when it comes to something they support they refuse to open their minds to that very same possibility.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1870847 07/12/21 02:48 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
With the understanding that quantifying the number of 'untrained yahoos running around with their new gun strapped to their side' is going to be pretty much impossible, it's a funny argument to make considering the story we're talking about is a guy doing just that.

-PrplPplEater
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I'm never ceased to be amazed. wink

#gmstrong
Ballpeen #1870888 07/13/21 01:30 AM
Legend
Legend

Quote:
I encourage that. I am just against your position that there are multitudes of untrained yahoos running around with their new gun strapped to their side.

These two lines of text tell us all we need to know about your mind set.
This mind set of yours totally ignores every single American news story that doesn't align with a 'Inner-city lawlessness' agenda.

What news do you consume, that you could make such a specific, emphatic distinction?
What point do you think you can credibly make, with this as your base assumption?

From coast to coast, we are deluged with a daily firehose of local stories depicting shootings that describe the very scenarios one might imagine if stupid, untrained people pulled guns out to solve their differences.

Love triangle quarrels.
Road rage shootings.
Parking lot beefs
Suicide by 'instant lead poisoning'...

... all are stories of imbalanced people with ready access to an instantly lethal device.

And we see them every single week of every single year. The overwhelming majority of these stories, from Toledo to Topeka to Tulsa to Tempe to Tallahassee to Talkeetna have nothing at all to do with "the untrained gang bangers out there."

Damn.

I never thought of You as someone who'd say just anything to get in the next dig in a conversation.
But then again, I never thought of You as someone who'd actually say something like this at all.

More fool me.

I can admit when I'm wrong.
I was wrong about you.

Live and learn.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Clemdawg #1870898 07/13/21 06:14 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
First, gang bangers can pertain to any group. Not just urban blacks.

Second, my last several comments were pertaining to Pits inflammatory comment saying people who have never even fired a gun strapping on a weapon. My contention is few people if any go get a gun and never fire the thing before they end up shooting other people. Training isn't going to fix that.

Try to follow the conversation before insinuating I am racist or some gun nut in favor of people shooting each other.

Thanks

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Clemdawg #1870948 07/13/21 12:12 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I have found the metamorphosis to be amazing, confusing and discouraging all at the same time. I mean if this was some isolated incident as he seems to be indicating it would be one thing. But it's not. It has become a disturbing pattern as of late.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871106 07/14/21 12:01 PM
Legend
Legend
Richard Sherman arrested on burglary domestic violence charge

https://nypost.com/2021/07/14/richard-sh...urce=NYPTwitter

Five-time NFL Pro Bowler Richard Sherman was arrested and booked for “burglary domestic violence” in Seattle Wednesday morning, King County (Wash.) records show.

Sherman, 33, was denied bail. The incident is being investigated as a felony.

The free agent cornerback — who recently spoke of a possible return to Seattle, where he currently lives — spent the last three seasons with the San Francisco 49ers, playing under their former defensive coordinator and new Jets head coach Robert Saleh.

The NFLPA released a statement about Sherman, who is one of the vice presidents of the NFLPA executive committee.

“We were made aware of an arrest last night of one of our player leaders for an alleged domestic violence incident and have activated our domestic violence crisis protocol for the protection and support of everyone involved,” the statement read. “We will continue to monitor events closely as more facts are made available to us.”

Sherman spent his first seven NFL seasons with the Seahawks after they selected him in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft and won Super Bowl XLVIII with Seattle.

#gmSTRONG
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Being denied bail is not good at all. That's rather unusual and would take some pretty special circumstances considering the charges against him.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871130 07/14/21 02:14 PM
Legend
Legend
Free-agent CB Richard Sherman charged with burglary domestic violence
Published: Jul 14, 2021 at 02:07 PM
NFLShield
Around the NFL Staff
nfl.com

Free-agent cornerback Richard Sherman was arrested near Seattle on Wednesday morning and charged with burglary domestic violence, according to public records. The 33-year-old veteran was booked in King County (Wash.) Correctional Facility in Seattle at 6:08 a.m. PT and currently has been denied bail, which is standard procedure for anyone arrested on any charge related to domestic violence, per the King County Superior Court Clerk's Office.

Redmond (Wash.) police, who would not confirm the name of the individual taken into custody, said the person allegedly arrived at a family member's house early Wednesday morning and tried to force his way into the home.

According to Redmond police, when officers arrived the individual in question was outside of the house. Per police, the individual allegedly was not compliant and got into an altercation with officers. A K9 dog was deployed and he was soon after taken into custody, per police.

Redmond police said a secondary police unit, the Washington State Patrol, was also involved in the case. The State Patrol said the individual allegedly crashed a vehicle into a cement barrier, prior to reaching the house, and continued to the residence on foot.

Bail may be assigned once Sherman first appears in court, per the King County Superior Court Clerk's office.

The NFL released the following statement on Sherman:

"Free agents are eligible to sign with any team. The league investigates any incident involving law enforcement and if there is a violation of the personal conduct policy the player would be facing discipline."

The NFL Players Association released the following statement regarding Sherman, who is a vice president on the NFLPA's Executive Committee:

"We were made aware of an arrest last night of one of our player leaders for an alleged domestic violence incident and have activated our domestic violence crisis protocol for the protection and support of everyone involved. We will continue to monitor events closely as more facts are made available to us."

Sherman spent the first seven years of his career with the Seattle Seahawks. The three-time All-Pro cornerback played the last three seasons with the San Francisco 49ers. Sherman's contract expired following the 2020 season, and he is currently a free agent.

https://www.nfl.com/news/richard-sherman-arrested-burglary-domestic-violence-charge-denied-bail

#gmSTRONG
PitDAWG #1871143 07/14/21 04:07 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Being denied bail is not good at all. That's rather unusual and would take some pretty special circumstances considering the charges against him.

They won't release him until he sees a judge. He hasn't seen a judge yet.

PitDAWG #1871144 07/14/21 04:11 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C

Apparently "burglary domestic violence" means you get locked out of your own house because of a dispute and then break into the house.

cfrs15 #1871158 07/14/21 06:30 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Basically, it does.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 07/14/21 06:32 PM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
PitDAWG #1871204 07/15/21 09:28 AM
Legend
Legend

The domestic violence component was because it was the home of relatives... a domestic violence charge means no bail, until you see the judge, as a standard protocol.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Player News

Link Copied to Clipboard