P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: FATE
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Being denied bail is not good at all. That's rather unusual and would take some pretty special circumstances considering the charges against him.

The domestic violence component was because it was the home of relatives... a domestic violence charge means no bail, until you see the judge, as a standard protocol.

Yes, that's correct. That was just information they chose to leave out earlier. Once I saw that in the updated story it made more sense.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871238 07/15/21 02:17 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
j/c

Dwayne Haskins' wife charged with domestic violence for reportedly punching Steelers QB

The wife of Dwayne Haskins faces a domestic violence charge for allegedly assaulting the Pittsburgh Steelers backup quarterback earlier this month in Las Vegas, per multiple reports.

Kalabrya Gondrezick-Haskins, 23, is charged with battery and domestic violence resulting in bodily harm. She reportedly punched Haskins in the mouth after a disagreement, per an arrest report cited by KLAS-TV in Las Vegas. A piece of his tooth was reportedly found on the floor of their room at The Cosmopolitan, where the incident allegedly occurred on July 3.

Haskins, 24, reportedly suffered injuries "substantial in nature." As well as the missing tooth, he had a split upper lip and more injuries to his mouth that required dental work, per the reports. He reportedly was taken to the hospital for a facial injury after police were called to the hotel room at around 2:30 a.m. local time.

The two were reportedly in town for a wedding with 14 of their friends when the altercation occurred. There were reports they had recently gotten engaged, but Gondrezick-Haskins told police they were already married on March 19 after dating for 1 1/2 years and instead were planning to renew their vows, according to KLAS-TV.

Haskins told police they had gotten into verbal arguments before, but it had never turned physical, per the report. The disagreement was over plans for social outings that night.

The Steelers signed Haskins as a backup to veteran Ben Roethlisberger after the 2019 first-round pick was released by the Washington Football Team in December. It was a rocky end for Haskins, who lost the starting job in Washington multiple times before ultimately being cut.

Gondrezick-Haskins played basketball at Michigan State and is the older sister of Kysre Gondrezick, a star guard at West Virginia who was drafted fourth overall by the WNBA's Indiana Fever.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-dwayne-hask...-124439550.html

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871302 07/16/21 02:32 PM
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
PitDAWG #1871304 07/16/21 02:34 PM
Legend
Legend

Free agent cornerback Richard Sherman is facing five misdemeanor charges after crashing his car and then attempting to break into his wife’s parents’ home.

Prosecutors charged Sherman today with criminal trespass in the second degree with a domestic-violence element, reckless endangerment of roadway crews, driving under the influence, resisting arrest and malicious mischief with a domestic-violence element, according to Mike Carter of the Seattle Times.

The driving offenses are considered more serious gross misdemeanors, punishable by up to 364 days in jail. The charges for the incident at his wife’s parents’ house are simple misdemeanors, for which he could get up to 90 days in jail.

Sherman was released from jail on Thursday and is due back in court this afternoon.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/07/16/richard-sherman-charged-with-five-misdemeanors/

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 07/16/21 02:39 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You know, I hate domestic violence when it occurs and support stiff penalties for such a crime. But from the reports and the video from the porch camera, I have no idea how you arrive at the conclusion that domestic violence occurred when you not only didn't strike your victim, but didn't get beyond the door to see your victim.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871309 07/16/21 03:13 PM
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
You know, I hate domestic violence when it occurs and support stiff penalties for such a crime. But from the reports and the video from the porch camera, I have no idea how you arrive at the conclusion that domestic violence occurred when you not only didn't strike your victim, but didn't get beyond the door to see your victim.

Domestic violence isn't ONLY striking someone. They barricaded themselves in her parents home, and he still tried break down the door and get inside when he obviously wasn't welcome. I also believe he had an altercation with his father-in-law.

cle23 #1871312 07/16/21 03:22 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Maybe there was a physical confrontation with his father in law I wasn't aware of. Maybe the door was more than "just locked". I have no real idea at this juncture. I don't consider locking your door as barricading yourself.

As of now the only thing I know he was actually violent with was a locked door.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871323 07/16/21 05:14 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Intimidation of a family member is domestic violence. Trying to break in to a family member's home while they are inside is very intimidating. Therefor his actions qualify as DV.

edited to add; Actually, criminal trespass is included in Washington's DV law.

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/washington-law/washington-domestic-violence-laws.html

Last edited by W84NxtYrAgain; 07/16/21 05:17 PM.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain
Intimidation of a family member is domestic violence. Trying to break in to a family member's home while they are inside is very intimidating. Therefor his actions qualify as DV.

edited to add; Actually, criminal trespass is included in Washington's DV law.

https://statelaws.findlaw.com/washington-law/washington-domestic-violence-laws.html

not to mention, in cases like this it is often of value to just take the person in under a given charge and get them out of the situation, even if the charge doesn't stick. The DA can always change the charges later, if need be. For the family in question, the biggest benefit is just defusing things and getting the threat removed from the situation.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Yeah, DA's do that a lot. charge people with charges they know won't stick to give them room to get a plea bargain.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871340 07/16/21 06:46 PM
Legend
Legend
Maybe there was a physical confrontation with his father in law I wasn't aware of. Maybe the door was more than "just locked". I have no real idea at this juncture. I don't consider locking your door as barricading yourself.

As of now the only thing I know he was actually violent with was a locked door.

For the life of me I just don't understand how you come up with some of this stuff. That's like saying it's okay to shoot at people as long as the bullets don't hit them.

What in the world do you think would happen if he broke the door open?? Cookies and milk?

"Domestic violence" does take intent into account, and rightfully so, sort out the rest in court.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1871411 07/17/21 11:23 AM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Shoot at someone and miss? No. Didn't get to see, aim or actually shoot at their target? Yes.

Because you can't shoot at someone if you never pulled the trigger.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871436 07/17/21 02:02 PM
Legend
Legend
Even just threatening a family member is domestic violence. Stalking is classified as domestic violence.

Trying to bash through the door of a family member? Domestic violence. Doesn't matter if you got through the door or not.

Sorry you don't agree with the designation, it's meant to protect victims whether or not there is an actual assault. Don't like it? Run for office and change the laws.

FATE #1871437 07/17/21 02:16 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Awe... The fact is it doesn't make sense.

If you never fire a gun at someone, is it attempted murder? Is it assault with a deadly weapon?

The fact that the designation doesn't make any sense has nothing to do with anything else.

I'm not a big Richard Sherman fan. I'm not personally vested in any of this. It seems as thought you have a lot more invested in this than I do. But claiming someone committed violence against someone else when no such thing occurred is moronic.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871438 07/17/21 02:24 PM
Legend
Legend
Now I have something invested in this? You are off your rocker bro lmao. Sorry a law meant to protect the innocent is "moronic" to you, but that's not going to change the law. It's not just meant to punish violence, it's also meant to dissuade people from even trying. I know you're having a hard time wrapping your mind around the whole thing, I've already explained it so any three year old can understand, not going to argue all day because you can't.

Again, run for office.

FATE #1871439 07/17/21 02:33 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
For the life of me I just don't understand how you come up with some of this stuff. That's like saying it's okay to shoot at people as long as the bullets don't hit them.

I've used your own analogy several times and you refuse to address it. Wouldn't a potential shooting victim be just as much in need of such a protection?

Quote:
It's not just meant to punish violence, it's also meant to dissuade people from even trying.

So according to your own analogy, anyone trying to break down a door in anger who is carrying a gun should be charged with what? Attempted murder? Shooting a weapon at someone?

I totally understand what you're saying about detouring people from committing violent crime. It's not complicated. What you don't seem to understand that even in your own analogy, that isn't normally the way the law works.

What someone might have done, could have done or what you think would do, isn't something they did. It seems you're the one having a problem wrapping your mind around that.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871441 07/17/21 02:58 PM
Legend
Legend

He tried to bust through the door of a family member.

That will result in a domestic violence charge.

That's the law.

You don't like it.

Pound salt.

I can't think of anything more boring than arguing with you because you didn't like my analogy.

Get your last word and move on.

FATE #1871443 07/17/21 03:11 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
I would encourage pit to go outside, walk or drive to, say, a gas station, then pull out his gun. Even if empty, pull it out. Fire no shots. Find out what happens. He won't be charged with murder, but he will be charged.

But, you know who you're talking to.

FATE #1871444 07/17/21 03:14 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Thanks for avoiding anything to defend your gun analogy and conveniently overlooking the point that no violence was inflicted on a human being.

You see, you seem to consider a debate an argument. The thing is you've actually refused to debate even your own analogy. But that's okay, I understand why.

I don't really care if the law is changed or what the law is. It's obvious to see that the law does not depict the act of which one is accused of in this and I'm sure many other cases.

When people start saying things like "You can't wrap your mind around it", "If you don't like it run for office" and "pound salt", they no longer wish to discuss anything. They have decided to avoid discussion by stooping into being condescending.

Thanks.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
I would encourage pit to go outside, walk or drive to, say, a gas station, then pull out his gun. Even if empty, pull it out. Fire no shots. Find out what happens. He won't be charged with murder, but he will be charged.

But, you know who you're talking to.

So what did Sheldon Richardson "pull out"? That's the entire point here. There are gun laws for when you brandish a weapon. What should the law be when you have no weapon? Or do you, someone who usually supports most rights, think having your hands with you constitutes having a weapon?

What "domestic violence" was committed?

You see, if I keep that same gun in my waist band and never pull it out, no crime was committed.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871446 07/17/21 03:21 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Fate didn't write the law in Seattle, or Washington.

I'm fairly certain the prosecutor knows the laws better than you.

Might those charges get reduced as this plays out? Of course. But right now you're arguing just to argue. Imagine that.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Once again, when your point falls flat you accuse someone of arguing. That's how it works with you.

You see, I haven't stated that's not the law. I haven't stated I know the law better than anyone. Those are just the kind of things people make up when they can't really come up with a point to counter the question being presented.

I'm simply asking what Richard Sherman "did" that was violence inflicted on someone? What violence did he perpetrate on a family member? That's questioning how you can call trying to break through a door as an act of violence on someone else.

I certainly agree that it's a criminal act. I agree that it fits into the definition of what is considered domestic violence as the law stands. The question is simply why is that? Because according to what the tape shows he never even had a face to face meeting or saw anyone to commit violence against because he never got through the door.

So no, unlike the picture you're trying to portray, you don't have an answer or even a reasonable reply to that question and only wish to try and finger point at something that seems like a rather logical question.

Sometimes people get caught up in social issues and make laws extreme. Let's take DUI's as an example. I don't wish to see or allow anyone who is intoxicated risk the lives of others on our highways. But different people drink differently. Because he's such a good sport I'll use GM as an example. Or even myself back when I used to drink.

Do you think if he or I drank three or four beers we would be too impaired to drive? Me back then, not now. You see, they used to have a common sense way of determining that. A field sobriety test. It was an easy way to determine of the alcohol in your system was effecting your motor skills to the point you were unsafe to drive.

Now, if you have four beers, you are guilty. I can tell you for a fact that alcohol does not effect everyone who drinks that amount the same. I know people that if you didn't smell the alcohol on them, you would have no idea they drank anything. Yet others would be obviously impaired. So laws are sometimes made that aren't correct. There isn't as one size fits all solution according to drinking four beers on who is impaired and who isn't. But a group called MADD created such a stir about DUI laws that a law which in no way answers the question of whether one is impaired or nor was created.

I feel the very same way about a domestic violence law where no actual violence was inflicted on someone is still labeled as violence.

Now if you would like to engage in an actual debate I would like that. However, you trying to act as though there isn't an actual point there is beneath you. Well, maybe not.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871454 07/17/21 05:04 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm simply asking what Richard Sherman "did" that was violence inflicted on someone? What violence did he perpetrate on a family member? That's questioning how you can call trying to break through a door as an act of violence on someone else.

Violence doesn't need to be physical. One can do damage to another with emotional violence. Causing a family to fear for their safety, or for the safety of loved ones, has more impact than the same violence from a non-family member. What violence did he inflict? The terror of what damage an enraged professional athlete could do if he got through that door.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
PitDAWG #1871461 07/17/21 06:46 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
The city he was in, and the state, make the laws. Not you, not I. He got charged with what the P.A. felt was a legit charge.

As for the rest of your rambling about dui's, some correct, some very incorrect.

Your whole stance has been "I didn't see any domestic violence", while you don't even know the laws.

Legend
Legend
It's Pit's world, we're all just living in it. thumbsup

PitDAWG #1871485 07/18/21 09:43 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
Once again, when your point falls flat you accuse someone of arguing. That's how it works with you.

You see, I haven't stated that's not the law. I haven't stated I know the law better than anyone. Those are just the kind of things people make up when they can't really come up with a point to counter the question being presented.

I certainly agree that it's a criminal act. I agree that it fits into the definition of what is considered domestic violence as the law stands. The question is simply why is that? Because according to what the tape shows he never even had a face to face meeting or saw anyone to commit violence against because he never got through the door.

So no, unlike the picture you're trying to portray, you don't have an answer or even a reasonable reply to that question and only wish to try and finger point at something that seems like a rather logical question.

Sometimes people get caught up in social issues and make laws extreme. Let's take DUI's as an example. I don't wish to see or allow anyone who is intoxicated risk the lives of others on our highways. But different people drink differently. Because he's such a good sport I'll use GM as an example. Or even myself back when I used to drink.

Do you think if he or I drank three or four beers we would be too impaired to drive? Me back then, not now. You see, they used to have a common sense way of determining that. A field sobriety test. It was an easy way to determine of the alcohol in your system was effecting your motor skills to the point you were unsafe to drive.

Now, if you have four beers, you are guilty. I can tell you for a fact that alcohol does not effect everyone who drinks that amount the same. I know people that if you didn't smell the alcohol on them, you would have no idea they drank anything. Yet others would be obviously impaired. So laws are sometimes made that aren't correct. There isn't as one size fits all solution according to drinking four beers on who is impaired and who isn't. But a group called MADD created such a stir about DUI laws that a law which in no way answers the question of whether one is impaired or nor was created.

I feel the very same way about a domestic violence law where no actual violence was inflicted on someone is still labeled as violence.

Now if you would like to engage in an actual debate I would like that. However, you trying to act as though there isn't an actual point there is beneath you. Well, maybe not.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this message board is now dumber for having read it.

FATE #1871487 07/18/21 09:44 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R

You've been on this message board a long time. It's had to have taught you that you can't argue with stupid.

Rishuz #1871490 07/18/21 10:15 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Rishuz

You've been on this message board a long time. It's had to have taught you that you can't argue with stupid.

Well, sometimes it's fun to watch people double-down on stupid.

Pit is crafty, arguing with him is a chess match. Unfortunately, once his king is cornered, he can't just lay him down and say "good match", instead, he flips the board and insists we were playing backgammon. I assume there has to be some comedic value for those reading along. wink

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain

Violence doesn't need to be physical. One can do damage to another with emotional violence. Causing a family to fear for their safety, or for the safety of loved ones, has more impact than the same violence from a non-family member. What violence did he inflict? The terror of what damage an enraged professional athlete could do if he got through that door.
This. It's not that hard to understand.

As to the comedic value that this thread has turned into, I'm chuckling that the same guy who couldn't seem to stand any sort of debate regarding the rules behind the Josh Gordon debate now wants to question DV laws in Washington. Those were the laws at the time, and he broke them.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Actually it's not different at all. In both cases I admit they hold guilt. In both cases I think the rules, and in this case law is not quite accurate. I don't think that weed should be considered a banned substance in the NFL. But it is.

I don't think beating up a door should be considered domestic violence. But it is. But nobody thinks of you beating up a door when they hear someone was convicted of domestic violence. They just don't.

I'm not advocating he not be convicted of is crime. Just like I also advocate Josh Gordon be punished for his repeated infractions.

And one thing is for sure, Richard Sherman has not committed domestic violence four or five times.

#gmstrong
Rishuz #1871497 07/18/21 11:09 AM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

Nobody is arguing with you.

#gmstrong
FATE #1871499 07/18/21 11:25 AM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Well, sometimes it's fun to watch people double-down on stupid.

We watch you do it all the time.

#gmstrong
Rishuz #1871500 07/18/21 11:27 AM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Everyone on this message board is now dumber for having read it.

In your case I had no idea that was humanly possible. I guess you learn something new every day.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871518 07/18/21 12:38 PM
Legend
Legend

Nobody is arguing with you.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1871520 07/18/21 12:44 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Just continuing with the current theme of the thread which has been established by others. naughtydevil

Try and keep up.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871522 07/18/21 12:47 PM
Legend
Legend
Ehhh... not really, basically you were telling Rish that no one was even talking to him, I guess to infer that he should sit down and shut up.

FATE #1871523 07/18/21 12:50 PM
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Sure sure. Could you please show the first post by rish in this thread? There you go.

I'll help you put with that...

Quote:
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this message board is now dumber for having read it.

You may wish to view his second response referring to me before I ever responded to him. So don't sit here and act like he didn't have it coming.

I'm never intimidated by your kind. If you don't like going toe to toe, don't strap on the gloves.

If personal attacks are allowed by you and your kind, you're going to get as well as you give.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1871560 07/18/21 05:18 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Wife charged with domestic violence for reportedly punching steelers Qb.
( Well it does kind of roll of the tongue.)

The word Steelers fits like a piece to a puzzle in that sentence, better than even bengals or broncos.

"In town for a wedding with 14 of their friends when the altercation occurred" <- that's never gone poorly before?

PitDAWG #1871562 07/18/21 05:30 PM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Quote:

Good Luck in America.

PitDAWG #1871572 07/18/21 06:37 PM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Being charged with domestic violence doesn't have to mean physical harm.

It can be intimidation, humiliation, willfully frighten, manipulation, among other actions of that nature.

Trying to break down a door in a drunken rage would qualify. Sherman didn't need to slap her around to be charged.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Player News

Link Copied to Clipboard