Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I explained that directly above your post.

And you either believe a deal made by The United States is binding or you don't. no matter how "you frame it".

I read the above post. It made sense and I don't see anything I'd disagree with in it. Which is why I don't see why you are trying to parse framing "the deal". The deal was to leave and as I previously stated Biden should get credit for continuing Trump's efforts in to the Biden Administration. Its really an event where credit could have been shared across party lines.

In any event its the smallest of details.

I'm still curious as to what accountability looks like.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
T
Legend
Legend
T
You left out the part where they would be reimbursed which will make these flights free.

That doesn't make sense unless they were able to come up with the 2000. What if the number were 1 billion dollars instead of 2000, but the 1 billion would be reimbursed. Still free? Do you have 1 billion dollars lying around?
If you don't have the 2000 it might as well be the 1 billion, just 2 amounts you don't have. NOT FREE!

2000 dollars. What if it were 16 people, school children from one classroom hypothetical, that's 32,000 dollars, Still free? No!
of course by democrat thinking logic they'll still think it's free, they have no concept of reality.

Why isn't Kamala Harris answering questions she's probably behind all this.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Ah, Kamala.

Quote:

It could be that the answer to your question was already brought up. Accountability may be that Biden is forced to resign.

In that case, Kamala would be your president! wink

In all seriousness I have no idea what accountability will look like. If it looks anything like what we have learned to expect from the past concerning accountability by politicians of both parties, it won't look like much as sad as that is to say.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
to have accountability would be fixing the system.

can't have that.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847
I was commenting on the zeitgeist of American societal sentiment. I typically don't count the predictable politician.

So when you say nobody to suggest doing so would be ridiculous, you actually mean nobody except some republicans because it is predictable that the Republicans would suggest the ridiculous. Gotcha.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: tastybrownies
At the end of the day Joe Biden is president now not Trump. He's in charge of decision making.

I fully support the withdrawal and it should have been done 10+ years ago and it's a shame it wasn't. However, I just do not understand this method of withdrawal. I heard on the radio past generals talking about their war experiences and they all said they're standards for war withdrawal tand the US has done it many times before. So my question is what the hell happened this time?

I'm glad we're getting out but not happy to see it like this as one of my good friends did two tours there. I wonder how he's feeling at the moment... It's just sad.

No matter who is president, I hope this is the start of a non interventionist policy. That's part of the reason I voted for Trump so I'm impressed with Biden on that front but not how it occurred.

I don't really disagree with anything you said. Biden definitely needs to own this. It doesn't mean we shouldn't look into the other aspects, though. Like I said, it might make him look worse.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: DevilDawg2847

For politicians there is no tangible accountability. The only accountability is at the voting box.
Which looks like it is starting to happen.

Biden approval rating sinks to new low amid Afghan evacuation fiasco
By Mark Moore
August 18, 2021

https://nypost.com/2021/08/18/joe-bidens-approval-rating-plunges-amid-afghanistan-chaos/

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Swish
The short answer is Biden.

The long answer is Biden or whoever else would’ve been president and made the decision.

For anybody to think this was gonna be any different under anybody else is someone who bought into the lie that somehow the Afghan security forces were competent.

So you could insert Obama, Trump, bush, or whoever else you want, the name might have been different, but the results would’ve still be the same.

Well said.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Perhaps it does for the President to some degree. Less for the Senate, and even less than that for the gerrymandered HoR.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Biden took a hit in the polls and I think it was well deserved.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I'm glad we're getting out but not happy to see it like this as one of my good friends did two tours there. I wonder how he's feeling at the moment... It's just sad.

I can't even guess. I am, however, familiar with the contractor who built the Kabul Embassy Annex and they are PISSED. They sent hundreds of their civilian employees into the area for years to build that, nearly $1B Annex, only to watch it given away to the enemy...

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

The only good thing coming out of this situation is all the right-wing calls to make Kamala our first female President.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Former Pence aide says Trump and Stephen Miller fought against taking Afghan refugees with ‘racist hysteria’

Olivia Troye slammed previous administration’s failure to help allies who were ‘lifelines’ in Afghanistan

A former White House Homeland Security official has accused the Trump administration of deliberately obstructing visa processing for US allies in Afghanistan.

In a series of posts on Twitter, Olivia Troye, who served as an aide to former Vice President Mike Pence, eviscerated the previous administration’s actions, which she said were steeped in racism.

“There were cabinet mtgs about this during the Trump Admin where Stephen Miller would peddle his racist hysteria about Iraq and Afghanistan” she wrote, adding that Mr Miller – a senior aide and speechwriter for Donald Trump – would undermine anyone who was trying to resolve the Special Immigrants Visa issue.

Ms Troye went on to say that while Mr Pence was fully aware of the problem, it was impossible to make progress because Mr Trump and Mr Miller had “watchdogs in place” at the Department of Justice, Homeland Security, State and security agencies to make the process even more difficult.

According to Ms Troye, the Pentagon weighed in, and there were memos sent from General James Mattis and others attempting to expedite the visas, but to no avail.

“Trump had FOUR years – while putting this plan in place – to evacuate these Afghan allies who were the lifelines for many of us who spent time in Afghanistan. They’d been waiting a long time. The process slowed to a trickle for reviews/other “priorities” then came to a halt.” she wrote.

Ms Troye – who resigned from her White House job in August 2020 and has previously publicly criticised the Trump administration – added that she was grateful to everyone advocating the urgency of getting American allies evacuated out of Afghanistan as soon as possible.

“It’s the least we can do for these individuals and it’s a matter of national security.” she said, warning: “The world is watching.”

Former Pence press secretary Katie Miller, who is married to Stephen Miller, told The Independent: “Stephen didn’t work on SIV policy in the White House. In fact, under President Trump, SIV grant rates increased from the previous administration.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...e-b1906190.html

PROBLEM SOLVED: The Nazi did it.

Goerge took us in. Barrack passed the buck. Donald had a hamberder and a play date with the Taliban. The Nazi rigged the withdrawal agreement to make sure our allies were abandoned (he and Donnie have no issues with that, ask the Kurds). Then Joe got us out and is taking all the heat for everyone's screw ups... BUT the sick twisted racism of Trump and Miller's policies and Miller's henchmen in department lead positions kept planning and paperwork to evacuate our Afghani allies from ever being successfully processed.

Trump and his supporters are out here running their mouths on Biden, BUT AGAIN, TRUMP KNEW BEFOREHAND. smh

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/20/21 09:46 PM.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c..

What a mess...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Jc

Liberal media has turned on Biden about this. I think they realize that he is senile and not fit to lead. It is only a matter of time until he is out.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Jc

Liberal media has turned on Biden about this. I think they realize that he is senile and not fit to lead. It is only a matter of time until he is out.

Or maybe the "Libtards" are simply more open to accepting and acknowledging failings and mistakes. Trump never did anything wrong according to his Fox cronies, those that raised questions got canned and shown the exit door ... Cult of Trump never acknowledged any wrong doing or mistakes ... so I get why you think the Left media "turned" but I'd say more likely is that they are simply more balanced. . . . i bet you can find some Lefties making excuses, but most of the MSM that got branded as Fake News is simply reporting the news. And no I do not think it reflects anything they feel about Biden's fitness to lead the country.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
And that's the thing, for five years, from the time Trump started running for office through his entire term, we heard people making excuses, claiming it was some kind of witch hunt, blaming everyone but Trump for all the stupidity and failings we witnessed. Zero accountability from his supporters.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, we see Biden supporters and what they all call "the liberal media", calling him out for his mistakes. It's odd how the party they label as lacking personal responsibility has suddenly become the only people making the person they helped elect accountable. It appears facts really are stranger than fiction.

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: Jester
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Did the UK not have enough of their own troops there (they have some, my buddy deployed there several times and worked with them a little)? Did the US tell them they weren't allowed to send more? What are those British troops doing right now?

One thing that irks me is Germany criticizing us for leaving and the ramifications of it. What exactly have they done in the past 20 years to support this endeavor? Troops? Money? An atta boy.

Wasn't it like 5 minutes ago that the rest of the world was tired of us sending our troops into every conflict and getting into every 3rd world country's business like we had every answer (and it was always a new democratic govt propped up by us)?

I'll reiterate... resolving US's involvement in Afghanistan was never going to be easy or pretty. It was always going to be ugly. The execution of our withdrawal only added to the ish-show. So yeah, we deserve some criticism... but our allies scoring cheap political points (what does UK's parliament holding Biden in contempt actually mean?) does nothing more (for me) than to reinforce the notion that the US shouldn't be the world's police officer, and other nations need to step up and pull their own weight.

One article I read suggests there will be waves of afghan refugees heading for europe that europe will have to deal with. Which is why they are suddenly mad about the US leaving.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
T
Legend
Legend
T
Ah, Kamala.

Quote:

It could be that the answer to your question was already brought up. Accountability may be that Biden is forced to resign.

In that case, Kamala would be your president! wink

In all seriousness I have no idea what accountability will look like. If it looks anything like what we have learned to expect from the past concerning accountability by politicians of both parties, it won't look like much as sad as that is to say.

I didn't ask about accountability in my posts.

Here is how you quote someone and credit their name for the quote. type the word quote= the equals sign and the members name in the brackets. example
Originally Posted By: Smokey the Bear
Only you can prevent forest fires

or other, [ quote = name of member ] without the spaces. finish with [ /quote ] no spaces.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And yet for the most part it's content you have the biggest problem with.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Jc

LOL...I see that people keep talking about President Trump. Figures. President Biden and his administration is the topic.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Context is a thing. It's appropriate. But then I know you know that and you are just trolling, you're a smart cookie.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/21/21 10:47 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Pentagon orders civilian airlines to assist in Afghanistan evacuation

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/56890...vilian-airlines

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Biden: Troop extension in Afghanistan beyond Aug. 31 under discussion

https://thehill.com/homenews/administrat...nder-discussion

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

One would think the Air Force has enough planes to do that, but hey, whatever it takes. No real beef here.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Probably the logistics of moving air force transports into the area causing them to call up civilian aircraft.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Probably the logistics of moving air force transports into the area causing them to call up civilian aircraft.

I hope. I also think it's a sign the Taliban isn't totally in control of what happens away from the airport. I think we might see things going south in a hurry and are trying to speed things up a bit.

I told this to 88 on another thread...I sure wouldn't want to be 40 miles away from the airport. I don't think I could just walk up to various checkpoints announcing I was an American and am supposed to get free passage through. I don't think you would either.

You guys stay up on this stuff more than I....is the State Department or whoever now saying to head to the airport? I think it was yesterday or day before they were saying don't go to the airport.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I would NEVER be there in the first place. The only way I would have ever been there would have been the military. I have zero desire or interest in ever visiting any Muslim Country.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I would NEVER be there in the first place. The only way I would have ever been there would have been the military. I have zero desire or interest in ever visiting any Muslim Country.

Well, me either, but that really isn't an answer. I don't think you are advocating leaving the people behind.

Check that...don't worry about an answer, I am not trying to make political points or message board points. I'm really not.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Swish can you, or anybody else that has been there before, see yourself going back to the middle east as personal travel, not military or work?

Legend
Legend

not even UAE? that place is cool as hell.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Swish can you, or anybody else that has been there before, see yourself going back to the middle east as personal travel, not military or work?

hell yea. UAE, Bahrain, and i'd even do a kuwait city.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
bro you gotta get out of that mindset.

its like how americans talk about africa as if it's one big ass country.

no. its a big ass continent with a bunch of countries, with a bunch of different economic situations, with a bunch of different cultures, with a bunch of different languages.

same in the middle east. every country in the middle east is not some war torn hell hole. there's so many countries in the middle east that you can travel to and be perfectly fine like anywhere else.

- Theodore Roosevelt
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

Well, me either, but that really isn't an answer. I don't think you are advocating leaving the people behind.

Check that...don't worry about an answer, I am not trying to make political points or message board points. I'm really not.

Oh I didn't think you were, that's just how I feel personally. People over there are just people, but the culture, religious fanaticism, lack of education, Islam itself, religious priorities, as well as poverty and corruption all completely remove any desire for me to see that part of the world.

And no, I wouldn't want to be stuck there away from the airport or anywhere. And I have no idea what the state department is saying today. Seriously, I'd just like to see them get everybody out that we want to get out without any crap from the Taliban. Wish we had taken the Taliban out, but ideas are hard to kill. You can see that easily in reports that ISIS is back making threats after Trump completely destroyed them... And Al-Qaeda seems to be back as well... what the hell did we spend almost 3 trillion on?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen

One would think the Air Force has enough planes to do that, but hey, whatever it takes. No real beef here.

If it’s a conventional airport, commercial airlines are actually much more capable and better at people moving. C-17s, C-130’s, and even C-5’s aren’t nearly as good at moving people as civilian airlines are.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

no. its a big ass continent with a bunch of countries, with a bunch of different economic situations, with a bunch of different cultures, with a bunch of different languages.

same in the middle east. every country in the middle east is not some war torn hell hole. there's so many countries in the middle east that you can travel to and be perfectly fine like anywhere else.

I agree, but it’s a hard thing to describe without actually going there. I had the same issue when I lived in Spain trying to talk about the fundamental differences in US cities and regions as well. Comparing and contrasting places like Portland, New Orleans, NYC, Kansas City, Cleveland, etc.

It’s crazy how different places are that you expect to be the same or similar.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

I know what you mean and I'm sure you are right about there being safe destinations and fine things to see. Just like I'm sure that most people there are good people... But none of that means a damn thing for me.

My son-in-law is 1/2 Lebanese and his brother lives in Lebanon as a professor. He has had minor issues with extremists there for teaching! Another friend of the family is from Iran, he is gay and basically in exile for being gay. His mother and other females have visited him multiple times here in the states. His mother died two or three years ago and he could not travel home for fear of what might happen. And I had a cardiologist from over there (not sure which country) that traveled to the warzones for doctors without borders... they beheaded him for treating their enemy.

So while I'm sure some might find value or have good experiences traveling to that area of the world, I don't. I have no desire to be there.

But I wouldn't travel to most of the third world countries in the world either. I've been to the Philippines, but wouldn't go there now with their current government. I have no desire to go to China, Russia, or most of the old Soviet Union either. I love Latin American culture but most of central and south America would be on the NO GO list for me too. Just not going to willing put myself in any kind of situation where idiots take American hostages for ransom either. I honestly can't think of a reason I would want to go anywhere in Africa either.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/22/21 08:25 PM.

Legend
Legend
if i were to name a country in say....central europe.

czech republic. i bet you'd be down for that trip, right?

i probably wouldn't cross your mind how many tourist get straight up robbed out there. and beaten up.

by people who look just like you. and you're more likely to get caught up in eastern europe with regards to ransom's and such. remember, those are places where you straight up disappear, or have an unfortunate accident close to a balcony.

you forget that the middle east has big problems with the american government.

central/eastern europe has big problems with the government AND the people as a culture.

and bro, i get what you mean and i dont blame you for feeling that way, but certain places are very misrepresented in our media. you'd probably go to south africa before nigeria, despite the fact that you'd be safer in nigeria than south africa.

no matter where you go there's risk. obviously im not talking about going to afghanistan. but dubai? you telling me you wouldn't even visit dubai?

i dunno about that bro.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Biden says US war in Afghanistan will end August 31

Link Copied to Clipboard