Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1878892 08/28/21 09:31 PM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
It's that time of year again, when NFL players cast their votes to identify the best in the league heading into the 2021 NFL season. Check out the results of this year's voting to see where your favorite players rank.

The list is based on the observation of their peers. No tainted sports writers or some know it all analyst. Knowing your peers, who compete against you week in and week out, appreciate your talents means a hell of a lot more than someone who's never stepped on the field. That said: 4 Cleveland Browns made the list:

#94 J. Landry WR - Top 100 for he 6th straight year.
#71 B. Mayfield QB
#26 N. Chubb RB
#16 M. Garrett DE - up 64 spots from 2020.

Interesting to note that though analyst after analyst state the Browns may have the best offensive line in the NFL (which they may have as a unit), their peers left every Browns lineman off the list. 12 offensive lineman made the top 100 and the following is the breakdown by offensive line position:

RT #89 Wirfs (R) TBB
RG #85 Martin DAL
#98 Scherff WAS
C #60 Linsley LAC
#69 Kelly IND
#92 Kelce PHI
LG #33 Nelson IND
LT #36 Bakhtia GBP
#42 Trent Williams SFO
#75 Tunsil HOU
#79 Armstead NOS
#82 Bolles DEN

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
I think the OL thing is scheme-based. No one member of The Union needs to play head & shoulders above his team mates to make his impact felt.

I love watching a 'Baldy's Breakdown' of our OL. Those slo-mo iso shots show this incredibly disciplined squad that works as a unit. The secret of their success lies in the precision of their execution. At the snap, they not only launch at the exact same angle, their strides (for the first 2 steps) are exactly the same length, as well! saywhat

That said, I have a really hard time understanding why Teller didn't get enough votes from all the DL/LB's he pancaked last year...

rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"
C
Legend
Legend
C
The top 100 is a list best ignored. Watching the interview is interesting because it is rare for opposing players to be so candid about each other but the rankings are useless.

Legend
Legend
I was watching a show with some ex OL analysts and they basically scoffed at the list, which I can understand. The NFL is about stars and playmakers for marketing, hence why the top 50 is so littered with QBs and flash guys IMO

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum NFL Top 100 for 2021

Link Copied to Clipboard