Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1878815 08/28/21 01:27 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
The Browns have star players.

Clowney, Myles, and Baker are former first picks.

I would have to say that Chubb is a star player.

Odell may have lost some sheen but he was considered a star.

Jarvis holds records for receivers.

Hunt won a rushing title.

IMO all these guys will ball out this year. All are motivated.

Some have been questioned. Some have had injuries that they are recovering from.

What they have in common is; they have all proved themselves on the field at one point.

I expect them all to have a great year. If they remain healthy.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Overall, I agree with the players you mention. Both their onfield performance and their fan visibility make them stars.

John Johnson III has the onfield performance. If he gets his hands on enough balls or makes some other spectacular plays he should become a star.

Wu, I like Wu better than JOK, has the fan visibility and budding performance to become another star.

Legend
Legend
I would add Ward and Johnson as well. Maybe Clowney. fingerscrossed brownie

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
OP Online
Legend

Clowney was the first name.

Ward was a high first round pick and a pro bowler his first year. Injury has made him miss a lot of games.

However, I am not certain to put him into the star category. He was not listed in the top 100.

JJ3 is a good player however, I would not call him a star.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
At some point I expect DPJ will be one too.

Legend
OP Online
Legend

That would be great.

IMO JOK will become a star. It may take this year or longer but he is very talented.

Newsome also has that potential.

Legend
Legend
Get behind " The Union "

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: guard dawg
At some point I expect DPJ will be one too.
this would be tremendous

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
IMO when you break down the Browns as a team and at the end of the day sure there are groups that shine better then others just like there are players that shine more then others but it's the team thing that makes the difference.

I tend to look at groups and I appreciate that someone worked it to a group. At the end of the day how many times have we seen great players end up on bad teams? JT comes to mind right here on the Browns he was perhaps the best left tackle to ever play the game but as great as he was he couldn't make the Browns great, so I think the individual players is a nice thing i guess but give me a bunch of guys that play well together and I will show you the winners.

O-line That all said when you look for starters at the O-line we are the best. #1

WR-group, one of the best not the best but close, and that extends to a great deal of depth, and if OBJ shows up and stays healthy I think you could make a strong case for the Browns being the best.

RB- not even a debate here the BEST. The best in terms of depth and quality.

TE Group - I think they are easily top 10 and probably top 5.

QB- Sort of a question mark here but I think Bake will establish himself as a top 5 QB this year.

Moving onto the Defense- This group has it in them to be one of the best and I think they will easily establish themselves as a top 5 defense. The blend of players vets and rookies and everything in between is on point they are assembled in such a way that it's hard to miss the potential.

DE- gotta smile here it isn't even close IMO Clowney and Garret have to be the best

Defensive tackle is a huge question mark, but at the end of the day they will shine because I just don't see teams running on us a lot. Not because they are great players in the middle but because our offense is going to take away the running game from other teams because if you don't move your offense at a high end pace the running game won't be the threat it could be. These guys will look good because the offense will take away a lot of pressure from them.

I also look for Clowney to be lined up shoulder to shoulder with Garret with JOK going at offenses all from one side. The Browns will be a heavy blitz team this year and they will get home. Anyone not licking their chops thinking about the possibilities from a pressure point of view is missing the fun.

I also think Clowney will have his best year as a player both statically and in reality. I sure hope at the end of the day he about mid season begs the Browns to re-sign him. He just won't be able to think of himself playing for anyone else. He is a monster of a player anyone who has ever seen him play will reach that conclusion. He doesn't seem to pile up huge sack totals that changes this year he will compete with Garret I believe for the team lead. He is healthy and claims its the most healthy he has been as a pro. I believe him and if it proves so he will have monster year.

LBers will hold up their end but again I think our offense will take away our opponents running game. This means these guys will be free to create pressure and to take away the middle of the field. Hello Ravens

With 3 good CB's and the lineup of safeties and the depth we have this group will truly shine and they will gamble some. But with the Pressure we will be able to generate will smother teams we play.

Having said all of this our defense is at best middle of the road but that will certainly change I believe and quickly. I say top 10.

It is impossible to grade this group but I believe we are in for a treat.

The team that we see assembled will be really really hard to beat, in fact I expect us to win it all. It may start slow but by mid season everyone will know that the Browns are the best in every was possible this roster is stacked with great depth.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
Legend
OP Online
Legend

The regular season IMO we will see continued growth on both sides of the ball.

On offense we will blend in Felton and Schwartz.

The defense is where each week will be better than the one before. This will be about trust.

The key guys will be Walker and JJ3. These guys will keep everyone in place.

As the season winds down. You want to be healthy and peaking in performance.

All that is needed then is a few breaks.

I know it is not reasonable. But I have this dream of a magic season like the 85 Bears. We start by destroying KC and the football world comes apart.

Like King Kong has arrived in the NFL. And we roll teams.

I know it is a dream but I like it.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Stars Will Shine

Link Copied to Clipboard