Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
How many millions of babies are we still murdering a year?

None. I mean we are removing some zygotes, blastocysts, embryos, or maybe even fetuses BUT none were babies. It's a baby when it's born as far as I'm concerned.

But you can call them whatever the hell you want, just don't bring this crap at me again because I don't play well with trolls and I damn sure don't buy your BS.

Educate yourself:

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/002398.htm

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/06/21 08:47 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: SuperBrown
How many millions of babies are we still murdering a year?

I don't know.

You would have to ask the accounting firms who work the production numbers for Eckrich, Oscar Meyer, Hillshire Farms, Jimmy Dean, Tyson and Smithfield. Only they know how rapacious Hillary's Hungry Hoarde is. Don't you know that all these major meat houses have sweet, succulent side-deals with the Satan worshippers? Private stock. All on the down-low, you know.

'cause you just know Killary and Bill (and all the other global elites) ain't preparing they own custom cuts.

What? You ain't heard?
I got here first?

Damn- Clemmy finds himself one-up on the 'CrayScale' over St00por Clown©!!! First time for everything, I guess.

Ask st00pid questions, get answers like this.
They are exactly what posts like yours deserve.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
A
Legend
Legend
A
j/c I am in no way making any comment on the topic here, ok?

However, just this weekend, I held a 3 day old piglet. There were 3 of them. The 4th piglet got killed by her momma. I held 1, wife held 1, and a friend held 1.

These piglets could not survive if it weren't for the person that interfered with the mothers intention of killing them all. Luckily, the mom only got 1.

Ever hold a 3 day old piglet? They are pigs - just little. But, 3 days prior, some on here would say "just a clump of cells".

Truthfully, with a mother that wouldn't care for them, they would/ve been dead after birth.

Apparently the 4 piglets weren't worthy of life? Just the 3 that were saved?

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I cracked an egg. I cried for the chicken it could have been… then I ate it.

Enjoy your bacon.

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Do people cry for the baby they killed, then eat it?

Enjoy your bacon and "clump of cells" After all, you are nothing but a clump cells when you get right down to it.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
We all are.
Have a good night.

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
You can't. Just like we see in the COVID thread, you're not always going to be able to have a productive conversation with everyone.

Regardless of whether there is a religious element or not, I think it comes down to even just being able to have a dialogue and possessing some form of empathy rather than trying to beat the other side over the head with a stick.

I wonder how anti-abortionists feel about the mechanics of this law. Essentially turning any willing and eager private citizen into a bounty hunter of sorts.

I will say that I do not favor abortion, and I absolutely abhor this element of the law. It has no place in the discussion, and I actually think it is counter-productive to implementing the ideology behind it, which leads me to speculate that the new law is actually more about base galvanization than it actually is about sustaining the core goal.

I actually looked at Portland's long list of people he named and advocated for, and I empathized with a lot of it. I absolutely agree that those people should have advocacy. He and I probably differ on the means obviously, but I think that is where a productive conversation might actually take place (likely not on a large scale with the rampant polarity surrounding the issue).

Texas coming in with a blunt force instrument and punitive approach just pulls the pendulum way up the other side, and we all know what happens when you do that.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
For those that may have missed it or immediately dismissed it.

Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg
A cut and paste from FB… not my words but my sentiment.

I'm not pro-murdering babies.
I'm pro-Becky who found out at her 20-week anatomy scan that the infant she had been so excited to bring into this world had developed without life sustaining organs.
I'm pro-Susan who was sexually assaulted on her way home from work, only to come to the horrific realization that her assailant planted his seed in her when she got a positive pregnancy test result a month later.
I'm pro-Theresa who hemorrhaged due to a placental abruption, causing her parents, spouse, and children to have to make the impossible decision on whether to save her or her unborn child.
I'm pro-little Cathy who had her innocence ripped away from her by someone she should have been able to trust and her 11-year-old body isn't mature enough to bear the consequence of that betrayal.
I'm pro-Melissa who's working two jobs just to make ends meet and has to choose between bringing another child into poverty or feeding the children she already has because her spouse walked out on her.
I'm pro-Brittany who realizes that she is in no way financially, emotionally, or physically able to raise a child.
I'm pro-Emily who went through IVF, ending up with SIX viable implanted eggs requiring selective reduction to ensure the safety of her and a SAFE number of fetuses.
I'm pro-Jessica who is FINALLY getting the strength to get away from her physically abusive spouse only to find out that she is carrying the monster's child.
I'm pro-Vanessa who went into her confirmation appointment after YEARS of trying to conceive only to hear silence where there should be a heartbeat.
I'm pro-Lindsay who lost her virginity in her sophomore year with a broken condom and now has to choose whether to be a teenage mom or just a teenager.
I'm pro-Courtney who just found out she's already 13 weeks along, but the egg never made it out of her fallopian tube so either she terminates the pregnancy or risks dying from internal bleeding.
You can argue and say that I'm pro-choice all you want, but the truth is:
I'm pro-life.
Their lives.
Women's lives.
You don't get to pick and choose which scenarios should be accepted.
It's not about which stories you don't agree with. It's about fighting for the women in the stories that you do agree with and the CHOICE that was made.
Women's rights are meant to protect ALL women, regardless of their situation!
#roevwade #prochoice #abortion #women #womensrights #mybody #mychoice #mybodymychoice
Copied and pasted to share.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
You can't. Just like we see in the COVID thread, you're not always going to be able to have a productive conversation with everyone.

Regardless of whether there is a religious element or not, I think it comes down to even just being able to have a dialogue and possessing some form of empathy rather than trying to beat the other side over the head with a stick.

I wonder how anti-abortionists feel about the mechanics of this law. Essentially turning any willing and eager private citizen into a bounty hunter of sorts.

I have no problem with being able to sue the provider, and DR. However it is asinine that they can sue anybody who drives her, or gives her money.
I agree, but what I was asking about was the part how any Joe-Blow can go and sue because a woman they no absolutely nothing about had (allegedly) and abortion. How do you feel about enforcement being put into the hands of each and every rando living in TX?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Apparently the 4 piglets weren't worthy of life? Just the 3 that were saved?

Of course they were worthy. Think of all the future bacon that would have been wasted! Comparing pigs to humans is a desperate move.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think they will soon find that anyone can sue, but not anyone can win.

So far as I know, to win a civil suit you have to show that "you have been damaged". I don't see how someone can show that because someone else had an abortion that "they have been damaged".

Giving someone the right to sue doesn't mean they will win when and if they sue.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
lets just eat the babies so they wont go to waste.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

We interrupt this program with the following DYK?....

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Team Fortress 2 poster mistaken for US propaganda on Russian state television

http://tjournal.ru/paper/1tv-team-fortress

As part of an effort to show how the United States uses propaganda to influence the mindset of its citizens, a historical documentary recently aired by Russia's Channel One offered up what it said was a First World War poster portraying German soldiers as monsters who literally eat babies. One problem: It wasn't a soldier, it was the Soldier, and the poster is actually Team Fortress 2 fan art.

The show, which presumably came about as a result of rising tensions between the US and Russia, offered the poster as evidence of US efforts to demonize its enemies, "regardless of any logic or common sense," according to the International Business Times . "The American public had to firmly acknowledge that Germans were evil," the narrator says.

And the guy on the poster certain looks evil. "Soldiers eat babies. That's a fact," it states, before exhorting readers to join Team Demoman, a giveaway that clearly eluded the show's non-English-speaking creators. TJournal.ru picked up on it, however, and noted that it was actually created by DeviantArt user TankTaur for a Team Fortress 2 propaganda contest.

We weren't certain at first that this was real, but the image posted by TJournal carries the Channel One watermark, and even better, we also managed to track down the program on YouTube . It's in Russian, but you don't need to speak it to get it.

https://www.pcgamer.com/team-fortress-2-...ate-television/

So fate is now spreading altered Russian propaganda? Or is this an altered video game image? I can't decide.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
I agree, but what I was asking about was the part how any Joe-Blow can go and sue because a woman they no absolutely nothing about had (allegedly) and abortion. How do you feel about enforcement being put into the hands of each and every rando living in TX?

I don't have a problem with them being able to sue the DR or Clinic but IMO they should at least be citizens of Texas. I think it's BS that they can sue the woman, or her family, or others not involved with the abortion.I also noticed there is no clause for rape or incest which I don't like, and that there is no allowence fo the mothers health. banghead

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
But aren’t those cell clumps ‘gifts from God’ too?

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
IMO yes, BUT I am OK with those exceptions. I know two women who were raped but kept their children and have loved and raised them. I also know that would be to much for many women to handle. I have also been against any abortion bans that don't have a exception for the womans health.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And there in lies the hypocrisy of those claiming "states rights". When a state creates a law where anyone in the country can sue someone for something they claim is a "state issue", they have just shown that it has nothing to do with simply the people within their own state.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
In this country abortion has always effected every state be it pro life, or pro choice.

P
Legend
Legend
P
IMO they should at least be citizens of Texas.

And here I thought I was actually agreeing with you!

rofl

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

F
Legend
Legend
F
Everythings cheaper in Mexico

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Legend
Legend
P
And maybe the only logical choice depending on your location. And just think, even Mexico can get prescription drugs to its people cheaper than we can.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

…stolen from Twitter as I couldn’t get a direct link to work….
https://mobile.twitter.com/thefarmerjones/status/1232413802349637632

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Gov. Abbott said Texas will 'eliminate all rapists from the streets'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gov-abbott-said-texas-eliminate-195007397.html

"Let's make something very clear: Rape is a crime," Abbott said while signing a major GOP election-reform bill. "And Texas will work tirelessly to make sure that we eliminate all rapists from the streets of Texas by aggressively going out and arresting them and prosecuting them and getting them off the streets."

He added: "So goal No. 1 in the state of Texas is to eliminate rape so that no woman, no person, will be a victim of it." The governor also said Texas had numerous organizations that support rape victims.

________

you conservatives are really taking the rhetoric to new levels. i thought it was supposed to mellow out with Trump gone. boy was i terribly mistaken.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend

…stolen from Twitter as I couldn’t get a direct link to work….
https://mobile.twitter.com/thefarmerjones/status/1232413802349637632

yea but what about them stock market gains!!

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
It's interesting that we have such a broad spectrum of viewpoints and citizens in the USA who come from all sides of the political spectrum ... And there are well read, educated folks on both sides and edges ... But for certain, as a whole, there is a large mass who don't know their history, the history of others and who have definitely been indoctrinated to simply believe and parrot that America is the best nation on earth without any possible comprehension or appreciation of what other countries and cultures offer. To question that to many is simply un-American. It's a dynamicany friends in EU don't get ... They often don't get to see the deeply respectful and appreciative opinions which is a shame.

And it's equally odd/interesting to see how the GOP have championed and convinced so many poor/middle class that they represent low taxes and that any social programs or government health care like we see across Europe and 1st world nations is tantamount to communism and will hurt them when the truth is the opposite.

Anyway, interesting read for sure.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
IMO they should at least be citizens of Texas.

And here I thought I was actually agreeing with you!

rofl

Now what fun would that be brownie

B
Legend
Legend
B
Careful folks…

A matter of opinion I suppose.

As to the topic, you would be one of the first hailing that life was found when we discover some amoeba on Mars or Venus or where ever...and you should.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
If that life was found inside our astronauts I’d say it’d be up to them if they wanted to abort it or not. tongue

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I myself aren't pro abortion.. I'm pretty much pro life..

But, I don't think a bunch of old men should be deciding what's best for a woman.. That should be between her and her doctors. I'm not qualified to make that determination.

But the bigger question is this. Why is it we only try to restrict the rights of a woman but let the men go free.

Saw a meme on Facebook the other day,, Kinda hit home.

Something like:

A woman can sleep with 100 men in a year and still only bring one full term birth. A man can sleep with 100 women in a year and can cause 100 full term births,, Why do we only want to restrict the womans rights?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
F
Legend
Legend
F

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
No arguments here. I’ll say it again. Mandatory vasectomies for all 13 year old boys. Problem solved.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't frequent facebook all that often, but I'm actively seeking out distractions to put off starting a large task at work, and I stumbled on this. It's something that's been suggested by a quite a few on here, and something I 100% agree with.

For me, I'm generally against abortion (I do think there are circumstances where it is understandable, and beyond that I'm not going to sit there and tell a woman how things are going to work inside their own body).

"The unborn are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don't resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don't ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don't need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don't bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. It's almost as if, by being born, they have died to you. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus but actually dislike people who breathe.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I don't frequent facebook all that often, but I'm actively seeking out distractions to put off starting a large task at work, and I stumbled on this. It's something that's been suggested by a quite a few on here, and something I 100% agree with.

For me, I'm generally against abortion (I do think there are circumstances where it is understandable, and beyond that I'm not going to sit there and tell a woman how things are going to work inside their own body).

"The unborn are a convenient group of people to advocate for. They never make demands of you; they are morally uncomplicated, unlike the incarcerated, addicted, or the chronically poor; they don't resent your condescension or complain that you are not politically correct; unlike widows, they don't ask you to question patriarchy; unlike orphans, they don't need money, education, or childcare; unlike aliens, they don't bring all that racial, cultural, and religious baggage that you dislike; they allow you to feel good about yourself without any work at creating or maintaining relationships; and when they are born, you can forget about them, because they cease to be unborn. It's almost as if, by being born, they have died to you. You can love the unborn and advocate for them without substantially challenging your own wealth, power or privilege, without re-imagining social structures, apologizing, or making reparations to anyone. They are, in short, the perfect people to love if you want to claim you love Jesus but actually dislike people who breathe.

I saw this too and agree with every word.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll say that I think it's 'reaching' at certain spots, but I do very much agree with the overarching point being made.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That's an insightful observation.

I've already mentioned my views on it being very similar to yours, and I think that's where I depart with the mainstream pro-life advocates. It's the double-speak of advocating to save the unborn with little thought given to the mother and child after the birth occurs. I think Abbott and the Texas legislature in general adopts that notion. On top of that, they also want to focus more on a beyond-draconian punitive measure.

A lot of people in my family embody the mainstream ideology, and I challenge them - often to my own personal detriment - as to what they think of a young girl who gets pregnant out of wedlock, or how they view someone who is destitute that accidentally becomes pregnant. We can't stigmatize people on one hand and call the child a blessing on the other hand. That dichotomy drives me crazy.

There is a lot of moral high ground with little action. For instance, I also challenge my family to tell me what they have done for crisis pregnancy centers or how they have actually devoted their time or resources to help pregnant mothers. Very little is done. I imagine they are a microcosm of the mainstream movement as a whole.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Swish
Gov. Abbott said Texas will 'eliminate all rapists from the streets'

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gov-abbott-said-texas-eliminate-195007397.html

"Let's make something very clear: Rape is a crime," Abbott said while signing a major GOP election-reform bill. "And Texas will work tirelessly to make sure that we eliminate all rapists from the streets of Texas by aggressively going out and arresting them and prosecuting them and getting them off the streets."

He added: "So goal No. 1 in the state of Texas is to eliminate rape so that no woman, no person, will be a victim of it." The governor also said Texas had numerous organizations that support rape victims.

________

you conservatives are really taking the rhetoric to new levels. i thought it was supposed to mellow out with Trump gone. boy was i terribly mistaken.

He has a lot of work to do......

Texas ranked No. 15 most dangerous state for rape and sexual assault

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/t...-sexual-assault

So he is just now decided to stop rapes?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
That's exactly what I was thinking. Wow, great that he decided to do something about it.

I mean, do they not have a law on the books already to stop rapes? If they don't, then making news laws should absolutely help. They probably do, though... and lack of laws/punishment probably isn't the root of the problem here. How exactly are they going to "get all the rapists off the streets"?

-PrplPplEater
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Texas Abortion Law attempt to end Roe

Link Copied to Clipboard