Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
More fraud...

WATCH – California Recall: Polling Center Tells Some Republicans They ‘Already Voted’

Paul Bois

13 Sep 2021

Some self-identified Republicans claim they arrived at their polling center to cast their ballots in the California recall election only to be told they had “already voted.”

“At El Camino Real Charter High School in Woodland Hills, some voters say they were told the computers showed them as already having voted, even though they had not,” reported KTLA.

Estelle Bender, 88, said poll workers informed her she and several friends of hers had already voted. She also allegedly witness another man arguing with a poll worker over the same issue.

“What happened today and how shocked are you?” a reporter asked Bender.

“Very. I went to El Camino High School to vote. Got there at 10:30. Gave her this [ballot] and she scanned and said ‘you voted,’ and I said, ‘no, I haven’t,” Bender told KTLA.

California Gubernatorial Recall Election information guides are placed inside the Monterey County Elections office in Salinas, Calif., on Thursday, Aug. 12, 2021. ( David Rodriguez/The Salinas Californian via Imagn Content Services)

“She said this has been happening all morning,” Bender further alleged. “The man next to me was arguing the same thing,”

Bender filled out a provisional ballot and left feeling “really angry.”

“I saw two women walking toward me as I left and I said, ‘don’t be surprised if they tell you’ve already voted, and she said, ‘They’ve already done that. If I voted, how did I vote?”

According to Bender, the people she knew affected by the issue were “self-identified Republicans,” which gave her cause for suspicion.

“I asked the couple of young women that I talked to and I said, ‘Are you by any chance Republicans?’ And she said ‘yes’ and I said, ‘So am I,'” asserted Bender.

Watch below:

The Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder’s office said equipment was “replaced” at the polling center and that provisional ballots are a “failsafe option” for these kinds of glitches.”

“The voters who experienced this issue were offered and provided provisional ballots – the failsafe option to ensure no one has turned away from voting,” the statement said.

“Provisional ballots are regular ballots and once the eligibility of the voter is verified, they are processed and counted. After troubleshooting the issue, the equipment at the locations was replaced and voting continued.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/...-already-voted/

O
Legend
Legend
O
LMAO sore losers looking for excuses BEFORE the election. Donny really did a number on y'all.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: fishtheice
More fraud...

WATCH – California Recall: Polling Center Tells Some Republicans They ‘Already Voted’

Paul Bois

13 Sep 2021

Some self-identified Republicans claim they arrived at their polling center to cast their ballots in the California recall election only to be told they had “already voted.”

“At El Camino Real Charter High School in Woodland Hills, some voters say they were told the computers showed them as already having voted, even though they had not,” reported KTLA.

Estelle Bender, 88, said poll workers informed her she and several friends of hers had already voted. She also allegedly witness another man arguing with a poll worker over the same issue.

“What happened today and how shocked are you?” a reporter asked Bender.

“Very. I went to El Camino High School to vote. Got there at 10:30. Gave her this [ballot] and she scanned and said ‘you voted,’ and I said, ‘no, I haven’t,” Bender told KTLA.

California Gubernatorial Recall Election information guides are placed inside the Monterey County Elections office in Salinas, Calif., on Thursday, Aug. 12, 2021. ( David Rodriguez/The Salinas Californian via Imagn Content Services)

“She said this has been happening all morning,” Bender further alleged. “The man next to me was arguing the same thing,”

Bender filled out a provisional ballot and left feeling “really angry.”

“I saw two women walking toward me as I left and I said, ‘don’t be surprised if they tell you’ve already voted, and she said, ‘They’ve already done that. If I voted, how did I vote?”

According to Bender, the people she knew affected by the issue were “self-identified Republicans,” which gave her cause for suspicion.

“I asked the couple of young women that I talked to and I said, ‘Are you by any chance Republicans?’ And she said ‘yes’ and I said, ‘So am I,'” asserted Bender.

Watch below:

The Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder’s office said equipment was “replaced” at the polling center and that provisional ballots are a “failsafe option” for these kinds of glitches.”

“The voters who experienced this issue were offered and provided provisional ballots – the failsafe option to ensure no one has turned away from voting,” the statement said.

“Provisional ballots are regular ballots and once the eligibility of the voter is verified, they are processed and counted. After troubleshooting the issue, the equipment at the locations was replaced and voting continued.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/...-already-voted/

Where there is smoke there is a fire.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yet there was FIRE everywhere for 4 years that you not only ignored but encouraged without so much as a grumble...

P
Legend
Legend
P
Republicans trying to vote twice. It's like the 2020 election all over again.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You have to sign the ballot envelope when you turn it in. If you do not turn it in personally, there is another signature for you and the designated returner.

There is a barcode for tracking purposes.

You can sign up to a county website that tells you your ballot has been received and counted. If there is a question, they can pull the ballot and envelope.

I guess you could show up and try to vote twice, but if you have voted, it would be in the system.

My vote has been recorded.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Oh, my.
You used facts in your post.

Those things are useless here.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Clemdawg #1883411 09/13/21 09:48 PM
D
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
D
no way in hell would the Dems let Elder win. Even though they'll probably win without cheating but just to be safe they'll cheat. At least they will get the Govt they deserve.

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

Still trying to paint that false narrative nobody yet has proven. Some of ya'll are so funny!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Dawg Duty
no way in hell would the Dems let Elder win. Even though they'll probably win without cheating but just to be safe they'll cheat. At least they will get the Govt they deserve.

Every damn time a GOPer accuses a dem of cheating it just means they are actively cheating, or they were trying to cheat but failed. Trump taught them that trick.

Elder is a joke. The whole recall is a partisan hitjob and y'all in here like "the government they deserve". If GOPers don't like living in a free society like Cali, they should dig up one of those bright red maps they are so proud of and move to BFE with the rest of the Clampetts.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/13/21 10:12 PM.
PitDAWG #1883428 09/13/21 10:14 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Every commercial for Elder is a thousand votes for Newsom.

Elder is playing to the GOP base and has motivated the democrats.

He is not a serious candidate and a Trump wannabe.

That dog does not hunt in California..

Arnold has been mute or lukewarm on the recall…

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I dunno if it was on here, but a CA GOP person called Elder "the best thing to happen to Newsom since hair gel". It's hilarious because it's true.

Elder becoming the face of the recall galvanized the liberal majority in CA. Now the recall doesn't have a prayer.

Also, Newsom is basically a walking caricature. He's what Republicans say every Democrat is like. An Elder governorship sounds scary on the surface, but he wouldn't have been able to actually get anything done.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not the liberal majority, Elder managed to galvanize the moderates.

I agree that Newsom is his own worst caricature… A Flaming liberal rich snooty San Francisco Democrat. A male version of Nancy Pelosi.

Still better than a Trump wannabe.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Sucks that those are the choices.

Out of curiosity, since I don't have any pulse on California stuff, how do you feel a Kinzinger-esque Republican would have fared in the recall?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think one would have to consider what Republicans are looking for. In this case, there are actually 46 candidates who qualify to vote for with which voters can choose other than Newsom. I'm pretty sure at least one of them is a moderate Republican. But it's Elder who leads all those candidates in the polls outside of Newsom by a wide margin. So I think the fact there are 46 candidates running in opposition to Newsom and it's a "Trump like" candidate that leads by a wide margin answers your question. But I could be wrong.

It's a pretty whacked out way to run a recall election. You see, if the majority votes for a recall, then which ever of these other 46 candidates gets the most votes wins. They could only receive 10% of the vote and still be the next governor.

The way it works is voters are asked, Should Newsom be removed from office, yes or no, and who should replace him? If a majority votes yes on Newsom’s removal, the candidate who gets the most votes on the second question would become governor for the final year of Newsom’s term.

EXPLAINER: If Newsom recall fails, no winning candidate

https://apnews.com/article/business-elec...5658c81b35034c0

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1883542 09/14/21 09:52 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I agree with you that it's significant that Elder has emerged as the GOP front-runner (if it gets to that). IMO, though... that only brings up more questions than it answers.

And I agree with you that the recall process in CA doesn't really hold up to any sort of scrutiny. But then how do you reconcile that argument with Newsom telling his voters to vote 'no' on the recall AND THEN NOT PUT DOWN AN ANSWER TO THE SECOND QUESTION? With Democrats being the majority that they are in CA, and 'their guy' telling them to not vote if the recall goes through, how would they have a leg to stand on if a new governor is selected with such a small % of the vote?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
I never accused Newsom of being a deep thinker. Or even a good governor. wink

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1883558 09/14/21 10:32 AM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thanks. I had honestly very little understanding of the process. That kind of speaks to some speculation I had about the shift in Republican ideology on a grand scale. It seems like a Catch-22 in some cases where you can only get the party nomination by being Trump-affiliated, but then you can't win the general election for those same reasons.

I know California is not representative of the country as a whole, but I could see that being an issue for the Republicans on a grander scale in areas where there are more moderate or independent voters.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually I think the political division within our nation makes every state comparable in some ways. It's an all or nothing proposition.

Each party seems to be catering more and more to the extreme wings of their party. It leaves no place to turn for people that believe that moderation, negotiation and finding some middle ground is the best way for our nation to move forward. I find it quite sad.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
I know California is not representative of the country as a whole, but I could see that being an issue for the Republicans on a grander scale in areas where there are more moderate or independent voters.

It will be interesting to follow. About a week ago a dem won in a red area in NH for a state seat in a special election.

NH Dems Surprise Victory in Bedford — Special Election Fluke or 2022 Omen?
Posted to Politics September 07, 2021 by Michael Graham

New Hampshire Democrats scored a much-needed upset win in the one-time GOP stronghold of Bedford, flipping a state House seat from red to blue in a special election Tuesday.

Former Bedford Town Councilor Catherine Rombeau defeated Republican former state Rep. Linda Rea Camarota in the race to fill a seat left vacant by the death of Republican Rep. David Danielson.

While the race was extremely close — 2,325 to 2,288 — Bedford has traditionally been a Republican-leaning community where Democrats shouldn’t be competitive. Last fall, Danielson received 6,890 votes and won a House seat, while Rombeau failed to make the cut with 5,488 votes. Only one Democrat, Rep. Sue Mullen, won a House seat in Bedford.....

GOP expectations were even higher in a special election when low turnout tends to help Republicans, and during a time when the Democratic Party’s poll numbers are low. President Joe Biden is underwater by 11 percent among New Hampshire voters.

And yet Rombeau got the win.....

While no Granite State Republicans were willing to talk on the record, off the record they were seething. If Republicans can’t win GOP towns like Bedford, their already razor-thin majority (208-187) could be at risk.

“It’s inexcusable,” one senior GOP source told NHJournal. “It looks like we got outworked–again. I’m really pissed.”

Another insider who worked on behalf of Camarota said Republicans “have no idea what Democrats are doing to drive this turnout.”....

Former NH Democratic Party chair Kathy Sullivan thinks she knows what happened.

“Is this 1st time in history that Bedford has had 2 Dem state reps? Rejection of extremist NHGOP by suburban voters,” she tweeted.

Full article:
https://nhjournal.com/is-nh-dems-surprise-victory-in-bedford-a-special-election-fluke-or-2022-omen/

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sucks that those are the choices.

Out of curiosity, since I don't have any pulse on California stuff, how do you feel a Kinzinger-esque Republican would have fared in the recall?

There are a few of them, including a former San Diego Mayor Kevin Falconer who is polling at 3 percent.

It takes a lot of money to run in the State, and Elder has it. The only other candidate that has advertised is a person named John Cox, who lost to Newsom in the last election.

The voter information pamphlet for the 46 candidates was surreal. Lots of crazies running.

Republicans have drifted to Elder and funded him. He makes no sense and is just an angry person spewing a word salad that may be entertaining for a radio show, but has no place in governors office.

PitDAWG #1883581 09/14/21 12:02 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Newsome was a very popular Lt. Governor. And other than issues with covid and the red meat right haters, as far as I know he's been a popular Governor. This whole recall was triggered by the nutjob right that represents Cali GOPers in the post Trump era. You would be hard pressed to find a moderate republican leading the charge on this one.

But here we are watching yet another partisan GOPer attack on state level politics without a bit of shame. The left just sits and watches it all unfold and said very little UNTIL a Trumpian candidate became the primary opponent. Now the left is scrambling to get out the vote and coming together... GOPers will most likely lose this recall outright, but they still get to embarrass Newsome AND distract from January 6th and other unresolved Trumpian crimes.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't know enough about Newsom to have said anything in either direction. California politics has never really been a something I've concerned myself with and doesn't really rate on my priority list. Thus my comment.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1883584 09/14/21 12:11 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG

Lol, fair enough. I'll just leave that comment there, but I don't expect you to argue for him.

-PrplPplEater
Milk Man #1883586 09/14/21 12:13 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thanks for sharing. How could they have no idea??? Democrats are simply not cannibalizing themselves, or at least not doing it to the same level as Republicans are right now.

#gmstrong
Milk Man #1883588 09/14/21 12:22 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Milk Man

It will be interesting to follow. About a week ago a dem won in a red area in NH for a state seat in a special election.

NH Dems Surprise Victory in Bedford — Special Election Fluke or 2022 Omen?
Posted to Politics September 07, 2021 by Michael Graham

New Hampshire Democrats scored a much-needed upset win in the one-time GOP stronghold of Bedford, flipping a state House seat from red to blue in a special election Tuesday.

Former Bedford Town Councilor Catherine Rombeau defeated Republican former state Rep. Linda Rea Camarota in the race to fill a seat left vacant by the death of Republican Rep. David Danielson.

While the race was extremely close — 2,325 to 2,288 — Bedford has traditionally been a Republican-leaning community where Democrats shouldn’t be competitive. Last fall, Danielson received 6,890 votes and won a House seat, while Rombeau failed to make the cut with 5,488 votes. Only one Democrat, Rep. Sue Mullen, won a House seat in Bedford.....

GOP expectations were even higher in a special election when low turnout tends to help Republicans, and during a time when the Democratic Party’s poll numbers are low. President Joe Biden is underwater by 11 percent among New Hampshire voters.

And yet Rombeau got the win.....

While no Granite State Republicans were willing to talk on the record, off the record they were seething. If Republicans can’t win GOP towns like Bedford, their already razor-thin majority (208-187) could be at risk.

“It’s inexcusable,” one senior GOP source told NHJournal. “It looks like we got outworked–again. I’m really pissed.”

Another insider who worked on behalf of Camarota said Republicans “have no idea what Democrats are doing to drive this turnout.”....

Former NH Democratic Party chair Kathy Sullivan thinks she knows what happened.

“Is this 1st time in history that Bedford has had 2 Dem state reps? Rejection of extremist NHGOP by suburban voters,” she tweeted.

Full article:
https://nhjournal.com/is-nh-dems-surprise-victory-in-bedford-a-special-election-fluke-or-2022-omen/

The center/moderate right and independents are driving these sorts of results. The right has lost their votes due to the Trumpian shift in the party, but GOPers seem to be blind to this and are doubling down...
You get a Trump lite, you get a Trumkp lite, every district gets a Trump lite!... Good luck witth that one Trump fans.

And leaders like Desantis and Abbott are all the proof most "normal Americans" (see what I did there wink ) to know the inmates are running the asylum.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/14/21 12:25 PM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Sure thing.

It's interesting, GOP candidates can't win most of their primaries without the Trump brand of abrasive politics, but at the same time are driving away independents and moderate republicans (RINOS!) in droves. Particularly in the suburbs.

I'd assume they are counting on the redrawing of district maps and more restrictive voting laws to help overcome a losing strategy.

Milk Man #1883633 09/14/21 02:29 PM
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well, I supposed that worked for Jim Jordan.

#gmstrong
Milk Man #1883637 09/14/21 02:35 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Sure thing.

It's interesting, GOP candidates can't win most of their primaries without the Trump brand of abrasive politics, but at the same time are driving away independents and moderate republicans (RINOS!) in droves. Particularly in the suburbs.

I'd assume they are counting on the redrawing of district maps and more restrictive voting laws to help overcome a losing strategy.

Ultimately they are looking for the Trumpian Fascism to become acceptable to the masses... Then like all good authoritarian governments, lackey and boot lickers will get to serve the oligarchs with access to the "chosen one".

P
Legend
Legend
P
Of course they now always employ the Trump strategy to try and rile their base. If they win the election is fair. If they loses it "was rigged". Sort of like the old joke, "Heads I win tails you lose".

They've already incited one insurrection that way so it appears that's their goal. If they can't win an election they will eventually just attempt to overthrow the government. I mean it's the American way, right?

#gmstrong
Milk Man #1883668 09/14/21 04:21 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Trump brand of abrasive politics

Welp, Trump was a Democrat...and that's what Democrats do..." abrasive politics"! See Chucky Schumer, Dick Durbin, and Hillary Clinton (the queen of abrasive)

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: fishtheice

Trump brand of abrasive politics

Welp, Trump was a Democrat...
Holy smokes, what a pivot!

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That's some Threat Level Midnight stuff right there!

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
trump was never anything but a snake oil salesman. A self serving shapeshifter. You fell for him becoming a ‘Republican’. The sane among us see him for his narcissistic slimy self. donny is no more a Republican than he is a democrat, or a libertarian or a member of the Whig party. He is all about him. Whatever he can do, whatever shape he has to take, to shake you down, he’ll do. A grifter of the lowest order.

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
I present you, one, Dwigt.

Milk Man #1883724 09/14/21 08:41 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I present you, one, Dwigt.

Speaking in tongues now?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think he men’s Daryl and his brother Daryl from Bob Newhart.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It is 67/33 and called 45 minutes after the polls closed..

Newsom stays.

No more Elder commercials… is my reward…

P
Legend
Legend
P
Hopefully the margin is so huge they won't be able use the "It was rigged" defense.

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus WTH Democrats

Link Copied to Clipboard