Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Legend
Legend
O
So what you're saying is you want KS fired?

/joking

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
It was brought up in today's presser. Agree, that with Chubb and Hunt just run the ball. Don't overthink it.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

Many things were different Sunday. To my eye, we weren't losing "integrity(?)" when rushing the QB. We looked much more under control and the front of the pocket was regularly compromised or clogged-up. There were obviously fewer lanes for the QB to escape. Discipline? Scheme? Opponent? Probably all three.

I had to listen to the first couple drives of the game, but I thought I heard our announcers mention the Ends rushing upfield too fast a couple times (might've even been consecutive snaps). That quickly got ironed out, obviously.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Yeah, I was frustrated on the Bears first drive how all of our DL went around to each side, up the field, and left the middle wide open for Fields. It was a really bad look. I was worried after seeing that happen.

That being said, it was also the last time something like that happened.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Same. I was complaining to everyone in the room that Myles pushed too far upfield - again - and there was a lane vacated for the QB to run.
Suddenly, that wasn't an issue any longer.

Hopefully, this was all practice for Lamar and Whathisface in Arizona, and all the other running QBs we face this season.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
Same. I was complaining to everyone in the room that Myles pushed too far upfield - again - and there was a lane vacated for the QB to run.
Suddenly, that wasn't an issue any longer.

Hopefully, this was all practice for Lamar and Whathisface in Arizona, and all the other running QBs we face this season.

Yes...yes...and yes. Again...not sure if that was scheme, discipline or opponent...or all three...don't really care. In the end, we need more of that.

Legend
Legend

I am glad the Orange and Brown Report did a film breakdown of JOK.

Really excellent study. As the game was on I would replay downs and just say WOW.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-brow...1241/#1724080_2

There are very few players that can do what he can do.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Pass Rush

TEAM 9 Sacks GARRETT 4.5 Sacks Clowney 2 Sacks JOK 1 Sack Harrison 1 Sack

JOK played great The Defense finally showed up

Bears Total Yards 46 Rush 1 Pass 47 Total Yards WOW

BAKER 19/31 246 Yards 1TD 0 INT's

HUNT Rush 10/81 1TD Rec. 6/74 Total Yards 155 Yards

CHUBB 22/84

OBJ 5/77

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
I gotta say, I can't blame everything on Fields.. No, he wasn't very good but that Oline,, Geez.. And Nagy, How the hell do you not keep someone back to help.. He keeps that up, he's gonna get Fields killed.

All and all, a dominant performance by the D..

Question, is this D for real or was it just something for yesterday?

Among all the cries to fire Woods, I've not wanted that. I felt that more time was needed. I was hoping the light would go on.. Did it go on yesterday... Is this what we can expect going forward every week... Hope so. Because if it is, our opponents are in real trouble..

I enjoyed the hell out of that game.. Lots of fun to watch.

Baker was typical Baker.. Had a bit of a rough start but settled down.

Chubb didn't look like himself yesterday.. seemed to tentitive. 22 runs for 84 yards isn't horrible at all,, but still..

Hunt was a beast.. We are lucky to have them both..

The Oline looked different yesterday,, Weaker even, but honestly, I think it was missing Wills a little for I think 11 snaps. And when he was there he wasn't 100%. And the Bears Dline is pretty damn good so maybe a little of all that. Still, 200 yards rushing,, that doesn't happen by accident.

Overall, a satisfying win.. Loved it..

Sunday will be a good test.. can't wait..

Last edited by Damanshot; 09/27/21 07:51 PM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Ok, I'm going to pick some nits with the playcalling.

Our first drive we had 3rd and 5, pass, incomplete. Go for it, pass, sack.

Our second drive we had 3rd and 1, pass, incomplete. Go for it, pass sack.

One drive in the 4th quarter we had 3rd and 2, pass, incomplete. Kick FG.

I like the aggressiveness of Ski going for it a lot. But if you have 3rd and anything less than 5, and you know in the back of your mind that you are going to go for it... run the ball, run it twice. If we can't get 2 yards on 2 carries, then we deserve to get stopped.

We had 2 other 3rd and shorts in + territory that I remember, a 3rd and 1 where we gave it to Hunt and he went 26 yards for a TD and another that set up the Hooper TD pass, where we had 3rd and 1 and Hunt went for 4 or 5...

I agree.

That was maybe a case of trying to think too much.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I think some opponents just fit Chubb and/or Hunt better, for whatever reason. Yesterday wasn’t a day for the brute force; we needed the quicker burst to get to the 2nd level earlier.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I agree. Roquan Smith matches up well against Chubb, and it seemed pretty apparent yesterday that they were scheming to take Chubb away. I guess they forgot about Hunt, though. His presence as a dual threat I think had their D a little more off balance.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Interesting factoid about Sunday's game:

Who rushed for more yards against Chicago, Chubb or Hunt?

For as amazing a game as Hunt had and how underwhelming Chubb was, Chubb actually ran for more yards. 84 to 81
Of course Hunt also had 74 receiving yards

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If you watched, the Bears were more focused on stopping plays in the middle, where Chubb is more effective. Hunt made a lot of the plays to the outside..

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: Jester
Interesting factoid about Sunday's game:

Who rushed for more yards against Chicago, Chubb or Hunt?

For as amazing a game as Hunt had and how underwhelming Chubb was, Chubb actually ran for more yards. 84 to 81
Of course Hunt also had 74 receiving yards

You have to look at the whole picture though. Look at the number of attempts, YPC, and like you said, the receiving yards.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
JOk is going to make this team different.

Delpit is going to make this team different

Newsome is going to make this team different

Johnson is going to make this team different

I wonder how likely we are to keep Ward with Williams sitting on the bench

I wonder if Troy will see more playing time.

I can't wait for Walker to come back we are out of MLB's we only have smith left. everyone else is on IR

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Some feel that Newsome is our best corner.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Grades wise I think he is, but he still lacks experience and at some point it will show.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
Grades wise I think he is, but he still lacks experience and at some point it will show.

No doubt. Experience isn't something you can buy or practice.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend

When you watch other games.

What stands out is:

No team can run it like the Browns. It is the combination of Chubb/Hunt and the OL.

That gives us a unique ability.

The Ravens can run it but Lamar is what makes it.

The Browns run game sets up all of what we do offensively.

Legend
Legend
Love to see that

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

Most likely, yes. The odds are in favor of him having a stumble or a bad game at some point, but it is far from written in stone. I mean, so far, it looks like he has picked up right where his college career left off. Last year, he was better than any other CB in the Big 10 with 10 pass break-ups and allowed less than 1/3rd of the targets his way to become completions.

We are coming up on being a quarter of the way through the season and QBs have shied away from going after the rookie and instead tend to go at Ward more often; at some point, you just have think "well, damn, this is who he is".

"Experience is that thing you get right after you needed it."
-Steven Wright

Browns is the Browns

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: bonefish

The Browns run game sets up all of what we do offensively.

Depending on the opponent. As it should be.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: superbowldogg
I wonder how likely we are to keep Ward with Williams sitting on the bench

I think the question is how long will we keep Williams. He has not shown enough to make anyone think he can replace Ward. He has missed more games than Ward, in one less season. And other than this preseason he has not really flashed when he was out there. And it was preseason.

Last edited by CapCity Dawg; 09/28/21 01:04 PM.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
If Newsome has to spend time off the field for his calf, we finally get to see Greedy get significant snaps. It's still too early to really say anything, but Newsome has shown up far better than any rookie CB should be expected to, and if Greedy can play well, that's 2 very young corners that could carry the load if we suddenly find ourselves without Ward.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Agreed. If Williams can show that he can play, it gives us 4 guys who are capable at CB (including Hill). That would be great.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
To h8s credit, Greedy has been getting snaps, and his name hasn't been showing up, so he may be ok; just not good enough to supplant Ward or Newsome.

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
To h8s credit, Greedy has been getting snaps, and his name hasn't been showing up, so he may be ok; just not good enough to supplant Ward or Newsome.

Well Greedy will be showing up this week since Newsome is OUT.

IOW Newsome was just supplanted.

Legend
Legend
no, he was not supplanted. Greedy is still the backup.

Browns is the Browns

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
no, he was not supplanted. Greedy is still the backup.

Newsome was supplanted by INJURY. You have to be able to stay on the field.

Let's see if Greedy can do something NEW and stay on the field.

Geez you people....

S
Legend
Legend
S
I was at the game Sunday, and had an absolute blast.

I thought there were so many really nice contributions from guys on the team (aside from myles garrett, who has a major contribution, lol). Odell had a couple of really important catches. Again, nobody other than Garrett is going to have flashy numbers, but for a game that was a defensive struggle most of the day, guys came up big when needed. Beckham looked good. Hunt looked really good. The corners were draped on their receivers. JOK had a bit of a coming out game. Special teams took care of business.

The PI call that got Chicago their second field goal attempt was atrocious. I hope the booing was heard loud and clear on tv, because the stadium was really unhappy with that call, even moreso after the screen showed the replay. You can't throw that flag.

Justin Fields did not play well. The focus has been on Nagy, and rightfully so, but Fields looked pedestrian any time he tried to get out the pocket. Garrett ran him down with ease, which is probably more on Garrett than Fields, but still.

It's hilarious that the focus was all about the Bears, Nagy, etc after this game, and very little about what a defensive performance that was by the Browns.

After halftime it became more fun to watch the Browns when they didn't have the ball. It felt like the Bears had a middle of the road college OL out there. You just knew the pocket had zero chance. Really fun to watch. Maybe the first time I have ever said that about a Browns team.

I had a blast. The Muni lot was wild. Lots of Bears fans but everyone seemed to be getting along. Saw no fights or other buffoonery. I missed tailgating

Legend
Legend
Quote:
The PI call that got Chicago their second field goal attempt was atrocious. I hope the booing was heard loud and clear on tv, because the stadium was really unhappy with that call, even moreso after the screen showed the replay. You can't throw that flag.

My biggest complaint about that call was that you see the WR get away with that little separation bump all the time and it's almost never called. He didn't shove him, he didn't push him, he barely even touched him, he just stood with his hands on him until he took the step back for the ball. The WR wasn't fighting for better position and being held back.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:

My biggest complaint about that call was that you see the WR get away with that little separation bump all the time and it's almost never called. He didn't shove him, he didn't push him, he barely even touched him, he just stood with his hands on him until he took the step back for the ball. The WR wasn't fighting for better position and being held back.

There should never be a call period as long as the defender is playing the ball and not the player and he was that is clear. Not just that but what I said is the rule, the offensive player doesn't get 1st dibs on a ball because he was the intended target. Really bad call and something I have grown to expect.

The thing we always must avoid at nearly all costs is having the game come down to a call by a ref it's asking for trouble as is it truly meant next to nothing but it sure as hell could of.

BTTB

AKA Upbeat Dawg

Can't believe I am in a group that is comprised of the best NOT just fans but people on the planet.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: GratefulDawg

Kind of off topic, but while I can't say enough about Wills gutting it out with the ankle we need to get that poor guy off the field to heal up. Yikes.

-PrplPplEater
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't agree that a call should never be made even if going for the ball. Going for the ball shouldn't impede the other players equal chance at the ball, both O and D.

That said, the refs under league direction don't seem to call it that way very often.

I'd like to see the rules change. Blatant fouls should be spot fouls. Incidental calls, ticky tack I call then, them should be a 5 yard penalty, automatic 1st down.

I just don't like a penalty to award a team with a big chunk of yardage.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 26 Bears 6 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard