Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
Legend
I'm quite sure that the management company had a contract that outlined their responsibilities. If they failed in their responsibilities, they must have some liability.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Reminder to self..... Never pizz off bonefish.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
There credit is ruined. They would never get a good reference.

The deal is property management companies are scum. They care about only one thing. Renting the property.

They are lawyered up to the max. Really hard to go after them.

They had references etc. But that stuff can be faked.

If you rent to someone directly and you are there to inspect the property. All the issues can be handled.

The problem was I had never done this and was in Nevada. I was blind and remote to be able to keep up with everything.

I assumed all was well. And the property management company were really the ones at fault.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I doubt that I will ever rent my home again.

But if I did. I would know better and do things differently. Some lessons are learned the hard way.

All the guilty parties escaped my wrath.

If I was younger. Things may have gone a different way. I am kind of glad I am old because vengence can hurt you.

I think any homeowner who puts a lot effort into their home would take it personal.

I never expected someone would do what they did. Never. This is no slum lord deal. I thought that the rent amount would screen these types of people. i expected the property management company to protect my property.

I knew nothing about the whole rental business. Sure I heard stories about bad renters. But I did not expect those types of problems on this kind of property value.

F
Legend
Legend
F
We always did our own renting, and one thing we always did when showing the property to a prospective renter was walk them out to their car. You can tell a lot about how someone lives by how they keep their car. If they can't keep the inside of the car even someone tidy, imagine what they will do to property that isn't even theirs.

It's not fool proof, but it is one more box to check when processing applicants.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Home Ownership

Link Copied to Clipboard