Next Thread
Print Thread
#1894885 10/19/21 09:42 PM
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
I do think the Broncos might overlook the new RB tandem: d’ernest and Felton.

Doesn’t seem to have the same ring as Chubb/Hunt, but that’s who we are rolling with. The injuries.... I don’t know who will be our OTs versus Denver - or for how long, don’t know if Baker will be good.

After the win in Minnesota, we all thought we had a dominant D. We need to see that, soon.
Take the FG, coach.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I view this as a must win game. Win Thursday, rest Sunday, get some guys healthy and beat the snot out of Pittsburgh next week and go to 5-3.

Baltimore is doing their thing with a rash of injuries so we can’t use them as an excuse.

- It’s clear that the Chargers game took a lot out of us, and the Chargers. - We both looked like super bowl hopefuls but we both got throttled a week later.

Gotta win this one on Thursday.

1 member likes this: Brown to the Bone
Legend
Legend
Biggest game of the year. Must win. If we don’t we’re toast

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I suspect that Denver is slobbering over this game. If we coach as we have, passing up points, turning over four downs, giving up crazy cushions, we will get slapped around again. I hope not. We will need Keenum, I suspect. We probably need to dumb it down so we can compete with whatever package is called. These losses to solid opponents have sounded like overreached and overmanaged affairs IMO. Dominate where you can; we have not.

Find a leader or two in this game. I intend to watch it. Just feels wrong. Hope I am not correct.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Let me guess:

- First drive they have the ball we get called for 2 ticky tack defensive PI/holding calls to extend the drive
- They score on a 3rd down and long to Courtland Sutton when we get lost in coverage
- We get a costly holding call to stall a first quarter drive
- The first time we get to the red zone we end up with a 4th and 2 … go for it … try one of those stupid orbit plays with Felton … sacked

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
O
Legend
Legend
O
Anyone do any scouting on Denver?

It might not be pretty, but I think if everyone bears down and does their job, we can squeak out a win.

Keenum needs to get the ball out of his hands. WRs need to catch the ball and hang onto it. I am starting to tire a little bit of the Schwartz experiment. Dude needs to watch some film and grow a pair before we get back to chucking the ball to him. Njoku and DPJ have come to play the last couple weeks, I say reward them with some more work. Higgins too. Felton can be schemed into some big plays.

Secondary just needs to have a come to geez meeting and pull their heads out of their butts. Knowing your assignments and not letting their best receivers run uncovered behind the whole D isn't hard.
Dline needs to keep doing what they're doing. Pressuring the QB and smothering their running game. Eventually, the back-end will get with the program and start finishing plays that the front sets up.

I think if the players can just focus on their job, we'll start seeing some more complimentary play.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
Well, there’s something to latch onto (PS, I was 2 years old)

Legend
Legend
I was at my first duty station and having to watch games on Armed Forces Radio and Television (AFRTS, pronounce A-FARTS). I called home to scream "TOUCHDOWN" every time we scored. I had a $300 phone bill that first month and quickly eased up on the calling home for TDs.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: Brown to the Bone
Legend
Legend
...but Kosar, Mac, Byner, Slaughter, Langhorn, Newsome and Dieken probably were able to play.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: FATE
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Ahh, the good ole flying dog bones and beer bottles Dawg Pound!

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
DaveyD #1895082 10/20/21 08:46 PM
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
2 members like this: PitDAWG, GMdawg
Legend
Legend
https://www.footballzebras.com/category/assignments/

Adrian Hill and his crew are on our game as officials. Has he screwed us before? He will be tonight undoubtedly.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

A healthy Keenum > Injured Baker (well, at least this particular injury severity)

Denver has one of the worst Olines against the pass (maybe even overall) so I would hope we dial the pressure up regardless if Bridgewater or Lock play. That said, Bridgewater holds that ball very long and it could aid us in our pass rush efforts. Not sure what Lock release time was last year.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
I'll be at the game, just stayed over from Sunday.

I don't think the Broncos have scored over 27 points this season. Our D should be able to limit them.

I haven't been on Woods to this point, but if they go off on us, I'll be on that wagon. If we see wide open receivers, communication or not, something is wrong and needs to be changed.

When I say wide open, I am not talking about a beat DB, I am talking about uncovered like we have seen. It is the DC's job to run a system the players can play, or bench the sorry sucker who doesn't understand what is going on, even if it means giving some other sorry sucker a chance.

If that means benching guys who played well in Indy or Arizona...well, there you have the answer.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend
I've gotta say .... I have no clue what is going to happen tonight. My brain says that we get blown out. My heart says that we pull out an improbably win somehow.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

A healthy Keenum > Injured Baker (well, at least this particular injury severity)

Denver has one of the worst Olines against the pass (maybe even overall) so I would hope we dial the pressure up regardless if Bridgewater or Lock play. That said, Bridgewater holds that ball very long and it could aid us in our pass rush efforts. Not sure what Lock release time was last year.

Sounds like our D could have another game like Chicago...... but, I doubt it. It would be the one thing that gives us even half a chance of pulling out a win.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I have know idea what will happen tonight but I do know all these injuries make it ridiculous to even field a team. But, the game has to be played like it or not.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
I've gotta say .... I have no clue what is going to happen tonight. My brain says that we get blown out. My heart says that we pull out an improbably win somehow.
I think it’s gonna be very difficult to move the ball. We’ll have to win in the teens and hope our D can cause a few TO’s and play their best.

I think we lose by 1-2 scores.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
With Wills playing, and Hance at RT, I feel a little better about our chances. Johnson is a decent back, and Felton can break one at anytime in the screen game. The defense has to be the ones to win this game. I hope Myles can get these guys fired up, and Johnson can maybe make a play or two on the back end.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 17 Broncos 14 Beating Denver

Link Copied to Clipboard