Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by bonefish
Bannon is the worst kind of gutter scum.

His prediction on Jan 5th on what would happen the next day is chilling.

He reveled in what what occured. He was part of making it happen. trump was in and a part of the scheme.

If there were real justice both would swing for what they are - traitors. Make no mistake that is what they are.

Was laughed at for telling people on here bloodshed was coming and the 6th would be bad. Wasn't laughed at on Jan 7th.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'll ask again, who has done that? Nobody that I know of. There were thousands of arrests during the summer riots. As there should have been. There were hundreds of arrests in regards to the Jan. 6th riot as there should have been. Criminal behavior should be punished. The only real difference here is I'm not the one excusing the behavior of one of these groups by the actions of the other.

What I am doing is pointing out that the motives of the two groups was quite different. Something people such as yourself would like to conveniently ignore.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It seems you have a common problem among your ilk. You can't seem to comprehend that trying to overturn an election isn't something that happened "in the other direction". It was an attack on democracy itself. In theory that includes all of us. But not anymore it seems.

I riot is a riot! Wrong is wrong. You cannot endorse one and condemn the other.

I don't know that anyone has condoned the rioting part of the BLM protests. But let's not kid ourselves that the 2 are comparable. BLM protests occurred, some people got out of hand and committed vandalism while others broke into shops and stole tennis shoes and jewelry. Wrong? Absolutely. Jan 6, a bunch of people went to a political rally and some of them got out of hand, stormed the capitol building and attempted to over throw the government in a failed coup. Wrong? Yes, but not only wrong, egregiously wrong.

You seem to imply that wrong is an absolute state and not subject to gradation. It is a little wrong to say a tomato is a vegetable, it is very wrong to say it is a suspension bridge.

(Thanks to Stuart in Big Bang Theory)

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The left basically legalized rioting and then complain when it happens in the other direction. They maid the rain and then said crap it is wet when the rain falls. I think rioting in all forms Jan 6 and the BLM protests that turned into riots should be condemned. You cannot pick and choose what is right and what is wrong. Both are wrong and blemishes against our Country.

Rioting should absolutely be condemned in both cases. 100%. To insinuate or even hint that rioting was made okay by the left and then use that as an excuse for January 6th or anything else is wrong.

Also, grouping them together is disingenuous, too. There's rioting and there's rioting in the Capitol. That's why things like "assault" and "assault on a police officer" are different crimes.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Jester
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Bannon is the worst kind of gutter scum.

His prediction on Jan 5th on what would happen the next day is chilling.

He reveled in what what occured. He was part of making it happen. trump was in and a part of the scheme.

If there were real justice both would swing for what they are - traitors. Make no mistake that is what they are.

Was laughed at for telling people on here bloodshed was coming and the 6th would be bad. Wasn't laughed at on Jan 7th.

I certainly didn't laugh at you, but I did think you went too far. I was wrong, and I apologized. I own that one for sure.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05
The left basically legalized rioting and then complain when it happens in the other direction. They maid the rain and then said crap it is wet when the rain falls. I think rioting in all forms Jan 6 and the BLM protests that turned into riots should be condemned. You cannot pick and choose what is right and what is wrong. Both are wrong and blemishes against our Country.

Rioting should absolutely be condemned in both cases. 100%. To insinuate or even hint that rioting was made okay by the left and then use that as an excuse for January 6th or anything else is wrong.

Also, grouping them together is disingenuous, too. There's rioting and there's rioting in the Capitol. That's why things like "assault" and "assault on a police officer" are different crimes.

You don't need to explain any of this to them, they know damn good and well that the sixth was an atrocious act of violent cowardice perpetrated by their orange idol. The word play, pretending that rioting is as bad as the insurrection, is meant to detract from the severity of the act... anything to protect dear leader. The rubes are just out here carrying Trumps water in public.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/22/21 12:33 PM.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

The BLM protests WERE NOT RIOTS! Riots happened around some of the BLM protests, yes. But to this day we have no real idea who those rioting were. We do know that there were RIGHT WING bad actors involved. We should have known that from jump since the right-wing nut job are ALWAYS the ones bringing violence into the situation. And all of you GOPers out here wailing about how unfair it is to prosecute those losers that attacked the capitol building, your love of traitors and traitorous acts is well documented and rapidly becoming the default norm on the far right. Sorry, but real Americans don't see it that way. Sane America thinks the 6th was horrible and much worse than any regular riot. This was an assault on democracy itself. This was an attempt to steal an election, something that you right-wingers say you are against... but only if it's not you who are doing it. Everything the GOP has done since Trump lost has all been in effort to steal the last election OR the next. Screw the right. Traitorous to the core.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/22/21 12:49 PM.
Legend
Legend
All the flat, rehearsed rhetoric. Always being around smoke, but never tied to the fire.

Sounds a lot like Trump to me.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Not for nothing... Just responding in general about rioting.

Comparing the BLM to Trumps storm Troopers.. Both were wrong.. Dead Wrong. Neither should be tolerated..

One doesn't excuse the other. Doesn't matter who did what first. Whataboutisms don't get the job done.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Saying the riots AROUND the BLM protests were BLM protesters is wrong. Can't even begin to tell you how the right is twisting this crap into some kind of new reality by saying trivial things completely wrong and the rest of us just glossing over it...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Saying the riots AROUND the BLM protests were BLM protesters is wrong. Can't even begin to tell you how the right is twisting this crap into some kind of new reality by saying trivial things completely wrong and the rest of us just glossing over it...

I get that,, but I was just trying to point out that riots are wrong..Don't care who's behind them

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I suspect that Bannon was “the brain” that came up with the strategy to keep Trump in office.

It fell apart when Pence did not play along.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Tourists... yeah right...

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/23/21 04:57 PM.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
These facists traitors should be hunted to extinction.

They are replusive traitors

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
I suspect that Bannon was “the brain” that came up with the strategy to keep Trump in office.

It fell apart when Pence did not play along.

And if the brain or the stooges are not held accountable, they are already planning for another repeat.
We are in for an uglier repeat of 2020 if there is no accountability.

And if pence won't play along, they will find somebody who will

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Ahead of Jan. 6, Willard hotel in downtown D.C. was a Trump team ‘command center’ for effort to deny Biden the presidency
Jacqueline Alemany, Emma Brown, Tom Hamburger, Jon Swaine 1 day ago
783 Comments

They called it the “command center,” a set of rooms and suites in the posh Willard hotel a block from the White House where some of President Donald Trump’s most loyal lieutenants were working day and night with one goal in mind: overturning the results of the 2020 election.

A team of advisers and lawyers worked at the Willard hotel in Washington seeking to pull off what they claim was a legal strategy to reinstate President Donald Trump for a second term.© Jahi Chikwendiu/The Washington Post A team of advisers and lawyers worked at the Willard hotel in Washington seeking to pull off what they claim was a legal strategy to reinstate President Donald Trump for a second term.
The Jan. 6 rally on the Ellipse and the ensuing attack on the Capitol by a pro-Trump mob would draw the world’s attention to the quest to physically block Congress from affirming Joe Biden’s victory. But the activities at the Willard that week add to an emerging picture of a less visible effort, mapped out in memos by a conservative pro-Trump legal scholar and pursued by a team of presidential advisers and lawyers seeking to pull off what they claim was a legal strategy to reinstate Trump for a second term.

They were led by Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani. Former chief White House strategist Stephen K. Bannon was an occasional presence as the effort’s senior political adviser. Former New York City police commissioner Bernard Kerik was there as an investigator. Also present was John Eastman, the scholar, who outlined scenarios for denying Biden the presidency in an Oval Office meeting on Jan. 4 with Trump and Vice President Mike Pence.

They sought to make the case to Pence and ramp up pressure on him to take actions on Jan. 6 that Eastman suggested were within his powers, three people familiar with the operation said, speaking on the condition of anonymity to describe private conversations. Their activities included finding and publicizing alleged evidence of fraud, urging members of state legislatures to challenge Biden’s victory and calling on the Trump-supporting public to press Republican officials in key states.

The effort underscores the extent to which Trump and a handful of true believers were working until the last possible moment to subvert the will of the voters, seeking to pressure Pence to delay or even block certification of the election, leveraging any possible constitutional loophole to test the boundaries of American democracy.

“I firmly believed then, as I believe now, that the vice president — as president of the Senate — had the constitutional power to send the issue back to the states for 10 days to investigate the widespread fraud and report back well in advance of Inauguration Day, January 20th,” one of those present, senior campaign aide and former White House special assistant Boris Epshteyn, told The Washington Post. “Our efforts were focused on conveying that message.”

Rudy Giuliani, Boris Epshteyn around each other: Trump campaign senior legal adviser Jenna Ellis speaks while standing next to President Trump’s attorney and former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani during a news conference in Washington, D.C.© Jonathan Ernst/Reuters Trump campaign senior legal adviser Jenna Ellis speaks while standing next to President Trump’s attorney and former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani during a news conference in Washington, D.C.
In seeking to compel testimony from Bannon, the congressional panel investigating Jan. 6 this week cited his reported presence at the “ ‘war room’ organized at the Willard.” The House voted Thursday to hold Bannon in contempt of Congress after he refused to comply with the committee’s subpoena.

The committee has also requested documents and communications related to Eastman’s legal advice and analysis.

Eastman told The Post on Wednesday that he has not yet been contacted by the House select committee investigating the insurrection. Asked about his involvement in the Trump team’s operation at the Willard, Eastman said: “To the extent I was there, those were attorney discussions. You don’t get any comment from me on those.”

In May, Eastman indicated that he was at the hotel with Giuliani on the morning of Jan. 6. “We had a war room at the Willard . . . kind of coordinating all of the communications,” he told talk show host Peter Boyles, comments first reported in the newsletter Proof.

Giuliani’s lawyer, Robert Costello, did not respond to requests for comment.

Also present was One America News reporter Christina Bobb, a lawyer by training who was volunteering for the campaign at the time, according to people familiar with the operation. Bobb declined to comment.

Kerik said his firm billed the Trump campaign more than $55,000 for rooms for the legal team. The former police commissioner, who was helping to head up efforts to collect and investigate allegations of election fraud, was later reimbursed, records show.

The three people familiar with the operation described intense work in the days and hours leading up to and even extending beyond 1 p.m. on Jan 6, when Congress convened for the counting of electoral votes.

In those first days in January, from the command center, Trump allies were calling members of Republican-dominated legislatures in swing states that Eastman had spotlighted in his memos, including Pennsylvania, Georgia and Arizona, encouraging them to convene special sessions to investigate fraud and to reassign electoral college votes from Biden to Trump, two of the people familiar with the operation said.

Attorney John Eastman, left, speaks next to Rudolph W. Giuliani on the Ellipse in Washington on Jan. 6, as Trump supporters gathered to contest the certification of the 2020 presidential election results.© Jim Bourg/Reuters Attorney John Eastman, left, speaks next to Rudolph W. Giuliani on the Ellipse in Washington on Jan. 6, as Trump supporters gathered to contest the certification of the 2020 presidential election results.
On Jan. 2, Trump, Giuliani and Eastman spoke to 300 state legislators via a conference call meant to arm them with purported evidence of fraud and galvanize them to take action to “decertify” their election results. “You are the real power,” Trump told the state lawmakers, according to a Washington Examiner report. “You’re the ones that are going to make the decision.”

A participant on the call, Michigan state Sen. Ed McBroom (R), recalled listening as Trump, Giuliani, Eastman and others described the power state legislators have over the certification of electors. “I didn’t need any convincing about our plenary powers,” McBroom told The Post. “I was listening to hear whether they had any evidence to substantiate claims” of significant voter fraud that could change the results in Michigan. The callers did not provide additional information, he said, and he did not support a delay in the electoral vote count.

But others appear to have been persuaded. Three days after the call, dozens of lawmakers from Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin wrote to Pence. They asked that he delay certification of Biden’s victory for 10 days to allow “our respective bodies to meet, investigate, and as a body vote on certification or decertification of the election.”

Also on Jan. 2, Eastman, Giuliani and Epshteyn appeared on Bannon’s podcast to make the case directly to Bannon’s pro-Trump listeners. They discussed what Bannon called that day’s “all-hands meeting with state . . . legislators that the Trump campaign and also others are putting on.” The comments were first highlighted by Proof.

They argued that state lawmakers were legally bound to reexamine their election results. “It’s the duty of these legislatures to fix this, this egregious conduct, and make sure that we’re not putting in the White House some guy that didn’t get elected,” Eastman said. He contended that Congress could itself decide on Jan. 6 to select Trump electors in contested states, but that “it would certainly be helped immensely if the legislatures in the states looked at what happened in their own states and weigh in.”

Eastman was not the first or the only person in Trump’s sphere to argue that Pence was empowered to block or delay certification of Biden’s victory. Trump’s former national security adviser Michael Flynn — and Trump himself — suggested as much on Dec. 23, retweeting a post about the possibility of invoking “the Pence card.”

But after other efforts failed, as Jan. 6 neared, the Eastman strategy came into bloom. Eastman, a Federalist Society member, law professor and former clerk for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, had the conservative legal credentials to burnish the argument.

Eastman’s first memo, only two pages long, described a six-point plan by which Pence could effectively commandeer the electoral counting process and enable Trump to win. The memo was first revealed last month in the book “Peril,” by Washington Post writers Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.

Eastman has said it was a “preliminary draft” of a more complete and nuanced memo that outlined multiple possible outcomes following the joint session of Congress on Jan. 6. The ideas in the memos were the basis for a discussion of options Pence had with Eastman and Trump in the Oval Office on Jan. 4, he has said.

Eastman has more recently distanced himself from the memos, telling the National Review on Friday that the options he outlined did not represent his advice. He said he wrote the memos at the request of “somebody in the legal team” whose name he could not recall.

In the Sacramento Bee, Eastman wrote on Oct. 7 that he advised Pence to delay counting the electoral votes to give the states time to resolve concerns about voting irregularities.

This was the strategy around which the Trump advisers in the Willard command center coalesced, according to two of the people familiar with the discussions there in the early days of January. For that scenario to upend Biden’s win, legislatures in those states would investigate alleged fraud and, if they chose, could decertify their results.

But by Jan. 5, Pence was not sold on the plan, according to “Peril.” That evening, Trump called over to Giuliani and then to Bannon, who were both at the Willard at the time, according to the book, which reported some details of the events at the Willard that day. Trump told Bannon that Pence had been “very arrogant” when the two discussed the matter earlier in the day, the book reported. The following day, Eastman spoke at the rally on the Ellipse.

“All we are demanding of Vice President Pence is this afternoon at one o’clock he let the legislatures of the states look into this so that we get to the bottom of it and the American people know whether we have control of the direction of our government or not!” Eastman told the crowd. “We no longer live in a self-governing republic if we can’t get the answer to this question!”

Pence withstood the pressure. Around 1 p.m., as he prepared to gavel in the joint session, he announced via a letter posted to Twitter that he would count the electoral college votes as they had been cast several weeks earlier.

When the violence erupted a short time later, forcing Congress into recess, some of the most ardent Trump supporters saw an opportunity.

“Congress is adjourned. Send the elector choice back to the legislatures,” Kelli Ward, chair of the Arizona GOP, tweeted at 3:30 p.m., more than half an hour after insurrectionists in tactical gear made their way to the floor of the Senate.

Ward did not respond to a message seeking comment.

Epshteyn told The Post, “In line with President Trump’s position and message, the Trump legal team immediately made it clear that any and all violence is not acceptable.” At 2:30 p.m. on Jan. 6, shortly after the Capitol was breached, Epshteyn tweeted: “To all those protesting, please stay PEACEFUL and respect the LAW.”

After the violence began, Trump used his Twitter account to ask his supporters to “Stay peaceful,” but notably did not tell them to go home until 4:17 p.m., when he tweeted a video of himself addressing the Capitol rioters. “I know your pain. I know your hurt. We had an election that was stolen from us,” he said. “We have to have peace. So go home. We love you, you’re very special.”

While the lawyers at the Willard were focused on promoting the legal strategy Eastman outlined, Kerik helped head up efforts to sift through allegations of election fraud. Phil Waldron, a retired Army colonel who specialized in psychological operations, led a team of people who provided Kerik with analyses of state data, which purported to show fraudulent voting, according to two of the people familiar with activities at the Willard.

Waldron was working closely with Russell Ramsland, a Texas Republican who had been spreading election-fraud conspiracy theories for months before the election and submitted affidavits to multiple post-election lawsuits claiming fraud, The Post has previously reported. Ramsland was present in one of the Willard rooms on the evening of Jan. 6, according to photographs posted to Instagram that circulated widely after the congressional committee’s mention of the “war room.”

Waldron and Ramsland did not respond to messages seeking comment.

Kerik said he had been working alongside Giuliani since Nov. 5, two days after the election, and that they continued until Jan. 19. “I believed until Inauguration Day that something could be done — that’s why the fight was still going on,” Kerik told The Post. “There were a lot of people who thought on the 6th that it was over, but I didn’t believe that because the evidence seemed so overwhelming to me.”

Kerik and Giuliani set up shop in Washington in early November at the Mandarin Oriental hotel, according to Kerik, and in the third week in December moved to the Willard, closer to the White House. The Willard attracted many pro-Trump figures around that time, including “Stop the Steal” provocateur Roger Stone. Stone was not part of the Giuliani team at the Willard and did not participate in the team’s efforts, according to the three people with knowledge of the matter.

On Jan. 8, Kerik billed the Trump campaign for $66,371.54 in travel expenses, including $55,295 on rooms for legal team members at the Willard from Dec. 18 to Jan. 8, according to Kerik and documents reviewed by The Post. The legal team members referenced in the documents include Kerik, Giuliani and Eastman.

Documents also show that Kerik paid for rooms for William Ligon, a Georgia state senator who had chaired two hearings in Atlanta at which Giuliani aired false claims of election fraud, and Preston Haliburton, an Atlanta attorney who had represented a Coffee County Republican leader who claimed to be a whistleblower with evidence about Dominion voting machines.

Ligon and Haliburton did not respond to messages seeking comment.

Kerik initially sought reimbursement from the Republican National Committee, but said he was told the party would not foot the bills. The bills were eventually submitted to the Trump campaign, which agreed to pay them.

Kerik told The Post he was “furious” with the RNC because it collected tens of millions of dollars in support of Trump’s legal battle, “yet didn’t spend a dime on [Giuliani’s] legal team or their expenses.”

Bernard Kerik, Rudy Giuliani are posing for a picture: Former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, right, and former New York police commissioner Bernard Kerik attend an event together last year.© Mark Lennihan/AP Former New York mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani, right, and former New York police commissioner Bernard Kerik attend an event together last year.
The RNC has previously said that it did not pay the legal bills because neither Giuliani nor Kerik were hired by or represented the organization.

Eastman stayed at the Willard from Jan. 3 until after breakfast on Jan. 8, according to records showing that the hotel charged $1,407 for his lodging and meals during that time.

His arrival at the Willard came on the same day that Trump convened an Oval Office meeting to discuss replacing then-acting attorney general Jeffrey Rosen with Jeffrey B. Clark, a Justice Department official friendly with Eastman who proposed that the department encourage investigation of Trump’s election fraud claims in Georgia and other states. The three-hour meeting with Trump ended after Rosen, other department officials and White House counsel Pat Cipollone threatened to resign if Clark were appointed.

Clark has been subpoenaed by the House panel investigating Jan. 6 and is required to appear for questioning at the end of next week. He did not respond to requests for comment.

Although Clark’s proposal was rebuffed, those working in the Willard command center continued to push the idea that Pence could intervene on Jan. 6 itself. Other legal scholars disagreed.

Two experts — former federal Judge J. Michael Luttig and former Justice Department official John Yoo, both known as stalwart conservatives — advised Pence’s staff that there was no basis for the vice president to intervene in the counting of electoral votes on Jan. 6.

“I advised that there was no factual basis for Mike Pence to intervene and overturn the results of the election,” said Yoo, who now teaches law at the University of California at Berkeley. “There are certain limited situations where I thought the Vice President does have a role, for example in the event that a state sends two different electoral results. . . . But none of those were present here.”

Luttig, a former federal appellate judge well known to Trump and for whom Eastman had clerked early in his career, told Pence’s staff on Jan. 4 that the analysis Eastman offered in his first memo was “incorrect.” Luttig said subsequently that Eastman’s advice was wrong “at every turn,” including his suggestion that the vice president could delay the electoral vote count.

Police clear out the last of the pro-Trump mob before a 6 p.m. curfew took effect on the Capitol grounds on Jan. 6.© Michael S. Williamson/The Washington Post Police clear out the last of the pro-Trump mob before a 6 p.m. curfew took effect on the Capitol grounds on Jan. 6.
tom.hamburger@washpost.com

jon.swaine@washpost.com

Dalton Bennett, Alice Crites, Josh Dawsey and Rosalind S. Helderman contributed to this report.

Editor’s note: This story has been amended to include additional details regarding the events of Jan. 5 from the book “Peril,” by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-to-deny-biden-the-presidency/ar-AAPRLiM

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

BOOM! Somebody has some explaining to do... Here it is again, facts and evidence against DJT being laid out just so the right-wing "patriots" will ignore while making up fairytales...

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
This is as big or bigger than Watergate ever thought about being... Where is the outrage on the right? Crickets. I guess just TAKING whatever you want is how we'll be going forward.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Kinda like Hunter biden making millions to ...............do what again?

Or like fauci denying money spent to ..........well, create the covid 19 virus.

Using YOUR tactics, MILLIONS have been killed by covid, that he oversaw. But, you don't see any outrage by the lefties, do you?

2 members like this: Ballpeen, EveDawg
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Using YOUR tactics, MILLIONS have been killed by covid, that he oversaw. But, you don't see any outrage by the lefties, do you?

I wonder how much money the "big guy" has raked in?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

I wonder how much money the "big guy" has raked in?

Quite a bit, no doubt.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Ah, more "what we feel" and "what we believe". The new GOP mantra. Facts no longer matter. Just throw crap against the wall to see what sticks.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
EXCLUSIVE: Jan. 6 Protest Organizers Say They Participated in ‘Dozens’ of Planning Meetings With Members of Congress and White House Staff
Hunter Walker
Sun, October 24, 2021, 8:33 PM·15 min read

As the House investigation into the Jan. 6 attack heats up, some of the planners of the pro-Trump rallies that took place in Washington, D.C., have begun communicating with congressional investigators and sharing new information about what happened when the former president’s supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol. Two of these people have spoken to Rolling Stone extensively in recent weeks and detailed explosive allegations that multiple members of Congress were intimately involved in planning both Trump’s efforts to overturn his election loss and the Jan. 6 events that turned violent.

Rolling Stone separately confirmed a third person involved in the main Jan. 6 rally in D.C. has communicated with the committee. This is the first report that the committee is hearing major new allegations from potential cooperating witnesses. While there have been prior indications that members of Congress were involved, this is also the first account detailing their purported role and its scope. The two sources also claim they interacted with members of Trump’s team, including former White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows, who they describe as having had an opportunity to prevent the violence.

The two sources, both of whom have been granted anonymity due to the ongoing investigation, describe participating in “dozens” of planning briefings ahead of that day when Trump supporters broke into the Capitol as his election loss to President Joe Biden was being certified.

“I remember Marjorie Taylor Greene specifically,” the organizer says. “I remember talking to probably close to a dozen other members at one point or another or their staffs.”

For the sake of clarity, we will refer to one of the sources as a rally organizer and the other as a planner. Rolling Stone has confirmed that both sources were involved in organizing the main event aimed at objecting to the electoral certification, which took place at the White House Ellipse on Jan. 6. Trump spoke at that rally and encouraged his supporters to march to the Capitol. Some members of the audience at the Ellipse began walking the mile and a half to the Capitol as Trump gave his speech. The barricades were stormed minutes before the former president concluded his remarks.

These two sources also helped plan a series of demonstrations that took place in multiple states around the country in the weeks between the election and the storming of the Capitol. According to these sources, multiple people associated with the March for Trump and Stop the Steal events that took place during this period communicated with members of Congress throughout this process.

Along with Greene, the conspiratorial pro-Trump Republican from Georgia who took office earlier this year, the pair both say the members who participated in these conversations or had top staffers join in included Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.), Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.), Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas).

“We would talk to Boebert’s team, Cawthorn’s team, Gosar’s team like back to back to back to back,” says the organizer.

And Gosar, who has been one of the most prominent defenders of the Jan. 6 rioters, allegedly took things a step further. Both sources say he dangled the possibility of a “blanket pardon” in an unrelated ongoing investigation to encourage them to plan the protests.

“Our impression was that it was a done deal,” the organizer says, “that he’d spoken to the president about it in the Oval … in a meeting about pardons and that our names came up. They were working on submitting the paperwork and getting members of the House Freedom Caucus to sign on as a show of support.”

The organizer claims the pair received “several assurances” about the “blanket pardon” from Gosar.

“I was just going over the list of pardons and we just wanted to tell you guys how much we appreciate all the hard work you’ve been doing,” Gosar said, according to the organizer.

The rally planner describes the pardon as being offered while “encouraging” the staging of protests against the election. While the organizer says they did not get involved in planning the rallies solely due to the pardon, they were upset that it ultimately did not materialize.

“I would have done it either way with or without the pardon,” the organizer says. “I do truly believe in this country, but to use something like that and put that out on the table when someone is so desperate, it’s really not good business.”

Gosar’s office did not respond to requests for comment on this story. Rolling Stone has separately obtained documentary evidence that both sources were in contact with Gosar and Boebert on Jan. 6. We are not describing the nature of that evidence to preserve their anonymity. The House select committee investigating the attack also has interest in Gosar’s office. Gosar’s chief of staff, Thomas Van Flein, was among the people who were named in the committee’s “sweeping” requests to executive-branch agencies seeking documents and communications from within the Trump administration. Both sources claim Van Flein was personally involved in the conversations about the “blanket pardon” and other discussions about pro-Trump efforts to dispute the election. Van Flein did not respond to a request for comment.

These specific members of Congress were involved in the pro-Trump activism around the election and the electoral certification on Jan. 6. Both Brooks and Cawthorn spoke with Trump at the Ellipse on Jan. 6. In his speech at that event, Brooks, who was reportedly wearing body armor, declared, “Today is the day American patriots start taking down names and kicking ass.” Gosar, Greene, and Boebert were all billed as speakers at the “Wild Protest,” which also took place on Jan. 6 at the Capitol.

Nick Dyer, who is Greene’s communications director, said she was solely involved in planning to object to the electoral certification on the House floor. Spokespeople for the other members of Congress, who the sources describe as involved in the planning for protests, did not respond to requests for comment.

“Congresswoman Greene and her staff were focused on the Congressional election objection on the House floor and had nothing to do with planning of any protest,” Dyer wrote in an email to Rolling Stone.

Dyer further compared Greene’s efforts to dispute certification of Biden’s victory with similar objections certain Democrats lodged against Trump’s first election.

“She objected just like Democrats who have objected to Republican presidential victories over the years,” wrote Dyer. “Just like in 2017, when Jim McGovern, Jamie Raskin, Pramila Jayapal, Barbara Lee, Sheila Jackson Lee, Raul Grijalva, and Maxine Waters tried to prevent President Trump’s election win from being certified.”

Dyer also suggested the public is far more concerned with issues occurring under President Joe Biden than they are with what happened in January.

“No one cares about Jan. 6 when gas prices are skyrocketing, grocery store shelves are empty, unemployment is skyrocketing, businesses are going bankrupt, our border is being invaded, children are forced to wear masks, vaccine mandates are getting workers fired, and 13 members of our military are murdered by the Taliban and Americans are left stranded in Afghanistan,” Dyer wrote.

In another indication members of Congress may have been involved in planning the protests against the election, Ali Alexander, who helped organize the “Wild Protest,” declared in a since-deleted livestream broadcast that Gosar, Brooks, and Biggs helped him formulate the strategy for that event.

“I was the person who came up with the Jan. 6 idea with Congressman Gosar, Congressman Mo Brooks, and Congressman Andy Biggs,” Alexander said at the time. “We four schemed up on putting maximum pressure on Congress while they were voting so that — who we couldn’t lobby — we could change the hearts and the minds of Republicans who were in that body hearing our loud roar from outside.”

Alexander led Stop the Steal, which was one of the main groups promoting efforts to dispute Trump’s loss. In December, he organized a Stop the Steal event in Phoenix, where Gosar was one the main speakers. At that demonstration, Alexander referred to Gosar as “my captain” and declared “one of the other heroes has been Congressman Andy Biggs.”

Alexander did not respond to requests for comment. The rally planner, who accused Alexander of ratcheting up the potential for violence that day while taking advantage of funds from donors and others who helped finance the events, confirmed that he was in contact with those three members of Congress.

“He just couldn’t help himself but go on his live and just talk about everything that he did and who he talked to,” the planner says of Alexander. “So, he, like, really told on himself.”

While it was already clear members of Congress played some role in the Jan. 6 events and similar rallies that occurred in the lead-up to that day, the two sources say they can provide new details about the members’ specific roles in these efforts. The sources plan to share that information with congressional investigators right away. While both sources say their communications with the House’s Jan. 6 committee thus far have been informal, they are expecting to testify publicly.

“I have no problem openly testifying,” the planner says.

A representative for the committee declined to comment. In the past month, the committee has issued subpoenas to top Trump allies, government agencies, and activists who were involved in the planning of events and rallies that took place on that day and in the prior weeks. Multiple sources familiar with the committee’s investigation have confirmed to Rolling Stone that, thus far, it seems to be heavily focused on the financing for the Ellipse rally and similar previous events.

Both of the sources made clear that they still believe in Trump’s agenda. They also have questions about how his election loss occurred. The two sources say they do not necessarily believe there were issues with the actual vote count. However, they are concerned that Democrats gained an unfair advantage in the race due to perceived social media censorship of Trump allies and the voting rules that were implemented as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.

“Democrats used tactics to disrupt their political opposition in ways that frankly were completely unacceptable,” the organizer says.

Despite their remaining affinity for Trump and their questions about the vote, both sources say they were motivated to come forward because of their concerns about how the pro-Trump protests against the election ultimately resulted in the violent attack on the Capitol. Of course, with their other legal issues and the House investigation, both of these sources have clear motivation to cooperate with investigators and turn on their former allies. And both of their accounts paint them in a decidedly favorable light compared with their former allies.

“The reason I’m talking to the committee and the reason it’s so important is that — despite Republicans refusing to participate … this commission’s all we got as far as being able to uncover the truth about what happened at the Capitol that day,” the organizer says. “It’s clear that a lot of bad actors set out to cause chaos. … They made us all look like [censored].”

And Trump, they admit, was one of those bad actors. A representative for Trump did not respond to a request for comment.

“The breaking point for me [on Jan. 6 was when] Trump starts talking about walking to the Capitol,” the organizer says. “I was like. ‘Let’s get the [censored] out of here.’ ”

“I do kind of feel abandoned by Trump,” says the planner. “I’m actually pretty pissed about it and I’m pissed at him.”

The organizer offers an even more succinct assessment when asked what they would say to Trump.

“What the [censored]?” the organizer says.

The two potential witnesses plan to present to the committee allegations about how these demonstrations were funded and to detail communications between organizers and the White House. According to both sources, members of Trump’s administration and former members of his campaign team were involved in the planning. Both describe Katrina Pierson, who worked for Trump’s campaign in 2016 and 2020, as a key liaison between the organizers of protests against the election and the White House.

“Katrina was like our go-to girl,” the organizer says. “She was like our primary advocate.”

Pierson spoke at the Ellipse rally on Jan. 6. She did not respond to requests for comment.

Both sources also describe Trump’s White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows, as someone who played a major role in the conversations surrounding the protests on Jan. 6. Among other things, they both say concerns were raised to Meadows about Alexander’s protest at the Capitol and the potential that it could spark violence. Meadows was subpoenaed by the committee last month as part of a group of four people “with close ties to the former President who were working in or had communications with the White House on or in the days leading up to the January 6th insurrection.”

“Meadows was 100 percent made aware of what was going on,” says the organizer. “He’s also like a regular figure in these really tiny groups of national organizers.”

A separate third source, who has also communicated with the committee and was involved in the Ellipse rally, says Kylie Kremer, one of the key organizers at that event, boasted that she was going to meet with Meadows at the White House ahead of the rally. The committee has been provided with that information. Kremer did not respond to a request for comment.

Both the organizer and the planner say Alexander initially agreed he would not hold his “Wild Protest” at the Capitol and that the Ellipse would be the only major demonstration. When Alexander seemed to be ignoring that arrangement, both claim worries were brought to Meadows.

“Despite making a deal … they plowed forward with their own thing at the Capitol on Jan.y 6 anyway,” the organizer says of Alexander and his allies. “We ended up escalating that to everybody we could, including Meadows.”

A representative for Meadows did not respond to requests for comment.

Along with making plans for Jan. 6, the sources say, the members of Congress who were involved solicited supposed proof of election fraud from them. Challenging electoral certification requires the support of a member of the Senate. While more than a hundred Republican members of the House ultimately objected to the Electoral College count that formalized Trump’s loss, only a handful of senators backed the effort. According to the sources, the members of Congress and their staff advised them to hold rallies in specific states. The organizer says locations were chosen to put “pressure” on key senators that “we considered to be persuadable.”

“We had also been coordinating with some of our congressional contacts on, like, what would be presented after the individual objections, and our expectation was that that was the day the storm was going to arrive,” the organizer says, adding, “It was supposed to be the best evidence that they had been secretly gathering. … Everyone was going to stay at the Ellipse throughout the congressional thing.”

Heading into Jan. 6, both sources say, the plan they had discussed with other organizers, Trump allies, and members of Congress was a rally that would solely take place at the Ellipse, where speakers — including the former president — would present “evidence” about issues with the election. This demonstration would take place in conjunction with objections that were being made by Trump allies during the certification on the House floor that day.

“It was in a variety of calls, some with Gosar and Gosar’s team, some with Marjorie Taylor Greene and her team … Mo Brooks,” the organizer says.

“The Capitol was never in play,” insists the planner.

A senior staffer for a Republican member of Congress, who was also granted anonymity to discuss the ongoing investigation, similarly says they believed the events would only involve supporting objections on the House floor. The staffer says their member was engaged in planning that was “specifically and fully above board.”

“A whole host of people let this go a totally different way,” the senior Republican staffer says. “They [censored] it up for a lot of people who were planning to present evidence on the House floor. We were pissed off at everything that happened .”

The two sources claim there were early concerns about Alexander’s event. They had seen him with members of the paramilitary groups 1st Amendment Praetorian (1AP) and the Oath Keepers in his entourage at prior pro-Trump rallies. Alexander was filmed with a reputed member of 1AP at his side at a November Stop the Steal event that took place in Georgia. The two sources also claim to have been concerned about drawing people to the area directly adjacent to the Capitol on Jan. 6, given the anger among Trump supporters about the electoral certification that was underway that day.

“They knew that they weren’t there to sing “Kumbaya” and, like, put up a peace sign,” the planner says. “These frickin’ people were angry.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-jan-6-protest-organizers-003326225.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Bring back the gallows.

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
is hunter important?

Legend
Legend
While trump and his gang tried to overthrow the election?

hunter and his life is meaningless

O
Legend
Legend
O
The audacity of everyone mentioned in that article is outrageous.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Meet Ray Epps: The Fed-Protected Provocateur Who Appears To Have Led The Very First 1/6 Attack On The U.S. Capitol

https://www.revolver.news/2021/10/m...ery-first-1-6-attack-on-the-u-s-capitol/

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Meet Ray Epps: The Fed-Protected Provocateur Who Appears To Have Led The Very First 1/6 Attack On The U.S. Capitol

https://www.revolver.news/2021/10/m...ery-first-1-6-attack-on-the-u-s-capitol/

Went to the home page... 2 exclusives written in serious conspiracy theory style, followed by external links with descriptors like "Full Retard", and then lots of Tucker, Matt Gaetz, Steve Bannon and other MAGA propagandists. Posting links like this for dems to read is just silly. Libs are way too smart to believe that crap. But you should get rave reviews from 40, arch , and fish...

O
Legend
Legend
O
So your solution to nutjob conspiracies turning violent is... more nutjob conspiracy stuff.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
is hunter important?

No

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A
Cause you don't care about him being a drug addict, yet getting millions in consulting fees.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Same can be said about Don JR and Eric.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
Same can be said about Don JR and Eric.
I've not heard about them being drug addicts. If you have, links?

Still the 'what about"?

O
Legend
Legend
O
I mean, have you heard them talk?

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Cause you don't care about him being a drug addict, yet getting millions in consulting fees.

So was the Mypillow guy yet Trump and his supporters didn't seem to have a problem with him. What is illegal about consulting fees?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
You're talking about Hunter Biden in a January 6th commission thread and then point the finger at others for whatabouts?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
While trump and his gang tried to overthrow the election?

hunter and his life is meaningless

Hey, If Hunter is shown to have broken a law, then there has to be a price exacted.. No question. Nobody is above the law....

Having said that, most of the crap Trumpians are pushing is in an effort to distract from 1/6/21.

They all know what happened, but they chose to lie about it.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Jan 6th Commision

Link Copied to Clipboard