Next Thread
Print Thread
#1897006 10/28/21 12:16 AM
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Here’s what we do here: run it right at them, see how they like it.
The Union will pave the way for Chubb and DJ to run for, oh, let’s say 197 this week, we’ll use PA, get the screen game going and put up 30 or more.

In other words, another Sunday in the park.

On D, their O is a plodding, hot steaming pile, and Ben likes to get rid of the ball quickly these days, so we play tight man coverage and send our front after him, arriving in a nasty mood, nastier than the father of a pretty co-ed Ben met at a bar one night.

Thoughts?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Just remind Myles that if Ben gets knocked out of the game, he gets to tee off on Rudolph.

::thump!::

Beyond that, I think you hit it on the head ::rimshot::
Run it down their throats on O and play tight coverage and get to Ben.

You KNOW they're wanting revenge, but we get to be the bully now and smack them right in the mouth again.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: Bard Dawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
Keep on running. I don't care if we give up a few 3 and out drives provided we are keeping them in check - don't get away from the game plan. And run at them with Johnson early and then hit em with Nick once they have softened up a little and are a 1/2 step slower. But however we split the load - keep on doing what we do best no matter what.

I hope Baker does not play - there is no better pass rusher in the NFL (that isn't named Myles) than TJ Watt. Why in heaven would you rush Baker back for a game facing one of the best edge rushers in the game? If Baker is nearly ready - we'd need him significantly more next week vs the Bengals than this week vs Pit.

I'm anticipating a bit of a sloppy slug fest ... Hope we can find a way to stifle them and grind out a W

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Tee off time.

It is all about pressure on Old Ben. He is a diminished quarterback. He is limited in mobility, OL play, and throwing the ball.

They know they have to get the ball out asap. Their run game is not a real threat.

The Browns defense should control this game. We should get sacks and turnovers.

On offense we have our formula. We run the ball and play action off that.

I respect the Steelers defense. We should be looking for quick strike passing. Seam routes, screens, and on occasion take a shot downfiled to keep them honest.

If Baker plays there will be shots downfield that could be open.

Case can execute a similar game plan as the one we used last week.

In the end we win this game pressuring Ben and running the ball.

Legend
Legend
You are an absolute master of bulletin board motivation! naughtydevil

Hope we feast for Halloween.

Let's all dress up as Elves . . . . naughtydevil

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Bard Dawg
You are an absolute master of bulletin board motivation! naughtydevil

Hope we feast for Halloween.

Let's all dress up as Elves . . . . naughtydevil

Naa...it's cooler to dress up like Elvis. How about Elvis the Elf!

Now that would be pretty cool.

Thaank-yaa Vuri muuchhh

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
IMO, predictions start and stop with our secondary until things smooth out in that area. That group has killed us in our big games (you could argue moreso than our injury situation). Until the execution of our scheme consistently hits a basic level (like not letting WRs run around completely uncovered), then the finer points of strategy are kinda moot. The fact we are facing a vet QB that likes to (and can) get the ball out quickly doesn't instill me with a ton of confidence. The big boys up front are probably going to have a good game (we've done well here in the last couple meetings), but that doesn't mean much if the QB can just chuck it to a wide open receiver.

We are excellent at stopping the run, but Najee is a load. We'll have our hands full.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
All Pro
All Pro
If the refs get the memo about last week's outrage over holding Garret, then things get interesting. They were publicly called out for blatant incompetence. Do they double down or do they call a clean game? If Garrett isn't held, he will get to their QB at least three or four times. Not to mention the pressures. Plain and simple I think that's the difference. If the Browns DL is allowed to play football and not just give pony rides the game could get very ugly very quickly. And I mean that in the best way possible. The Steelers aren't some kind of media market darling. They are expendable. At least how I see it from the NFL perspective.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think it's time Garrett starts doing a little bit of an acting job to help sell and draw more attention to those holds. It's sad that's what it takes but I think it does.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Flop til you drop...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Must win game against this trash team.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I think it's time Garrett starts doing a little bit of an acting job to help sell and draw more attention to those holds. It's sad that's what it takes but I think it does.
Could not agree more. Didn't help LeBron much but nothing else is working.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: mgh888
E
Legend
Legend
E
If there is 8/9 in the box then we got to execute play action! Of course don't give up on the run but if the pass is there for the taking...TAKE IT!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
This is most likely the last game in Cleveland for old Ben.

Let's send him off real nice.

I would like a repeat scene of him on the bench crying.

We owe him big time.

Time for some payback.

1 member likes this: AZBrown
Legend
Legend
LOLetc.! rofl

What a visual. I would have to be the old, fat Elvish. But what a great tailgate outfit to wear.

Stomp the Rottenhurler then Mason. Treats for us.

Unleash the Elves . . thumbsup brownie brownie

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
2 members like this: Hammer, SuperBrown
F
Legend
Legend
F
It will be fun. Halloween. The fans are awesome. You can say what you want about the rivalry and this, that and the other, but the fans are awesome. They're passionate. It'll be exciting. It's a challenge. Anytime your fans have a nickname, or an area has a nickname, is pretty cool. They like to get on us, and it's part of the game.
Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger on playing in Cleveland on Halloween
Ben: 'It's not easy to play there'

They are very talented, all of the players there. It's a little bit more structured now ... They have been rockin' with the same staff now for a little bit longer. I think (Coach Kevin) Stefanski has become comfortable with Baker. That offensive line they're able to build. They have had a really good defense since I was there. I think everything's just finally coming to fruition for them.
Steelers CB and former Browns player Joe Haden

It might be because of the bye week that we have more energy and more fun. Or, it's because we're playing the Browns. Either way, we're having more fun out there.
Steelers WR Chase Claypool
Week 8 Blog: Feeling energized

They're big, they're physical, they can move off the ball when you're not ready for it. As a defensive lineman, that's going to be our biggest challenge this week is stopping the run. With guys like (tackle Jack) Conklin, (guard Joel) Bitonio, those guys have been in the league a long time and they play great ball. We're going to have to stop the run if we want to win the game.
Steelers DE Chris Wormley

They whooped our (butt) at home and they sent us home, so if you can't get motivated for that, you shouldn't be playing football. If you can't wake up that morning and be pumped up for that game, you probably shouldn't be playing football. You better come with it.
Steelers TE Eric Ebron on the first game against the Browns since they defeated Pittsburgh in the AFC Wild Card game last season
Ebron on upcoming game vs. Browns

The atmosphere is something that has our attention. We realize we're going into an AFC North road game. We expect it to be hostile, Halloween and so forth. But I think as competitors that fires us up.
Steelers HC Mike Tomlin on playing in Cleveland
'Tomlin's Takes' on duly prepared, trends & more

I think their offensive line is very sound. Chubb is one of the best backs in the league. You put those two together, and it's a match made in heaven. We're going to have our work cut out for us, but I look forward to it.
Steelers DT Cam Heyward on the Browns offense

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 10 Steelers 15 Beating the Steelers

Link Copied to Clipboard