Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Legend
Legend
A
Our receiving 'core'/corp is pretty decent. However, our 'catching' group needs some work.

1 member likes this: FATE
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Our receiving 'core'/corp is pretty decent. However, our 'catching' group needs some work.

And as I used it, it was referring to our core receivers...namely Beckam and Landry. Neither offers anything that two others couldn't.

OBJ caught 1 ball for 6 yards yesterday. I am not kidding here, I could catch a slant for 6 yards, and all of my children are older than OBJ. I would do it for free, not the $million a game we pay the guy.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Someone is going to break their neck debating Landry like this. In the Denver game he was hailed as a conquering hero and soul of our offense coming back and us throwing to him on the first couple snaps of the game... only to turn around and call him replaceable ten days later.

Has has been injured, which is unusual for him... and had a poor game, which is also uncharacteristic. He'll get it straightened out.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
2nd String
2nd String
B
I definitely would not say Landry is a bad player. He is a good player, who had a bad game. Unfortunately, he is only consistently good WR, so if he has a bad game it really shows. I don't think he is the pro-bowl slot man of several years ago though, he peaked his last year in Miami and has been on a slow decline.

OBJ on the other hand is average period. DPJ is much better IMHO.

See this article on OBJ for those that think he is either a star or even a legit #1 WR.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/its-no...ll-take-him-at-this-point-034303160.html

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Someone is going to break their neck debating Landry like this. In the Denver game he was hailed as a conquering hero and soul of our offense coming back and us throwing to him on the first couple snaps of the game... only to turn around and call him replaceable ten days later.

Has has been injured, which is unusual for him... and had a poor game, which is also uncharacteristic. He'll get it straightened out.

I am not ripping Landry so much as saying he isn't doing so great he can't be replaced. I'd bet you a box of donuts a guy like People Jones could put of similar results if given equal chances.

Our "core" receivers are grossly overrated.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Landry has been hurt and then had an uncharacteristic game. IMO, he's shown enough here in Cleveland to give him the benefit of the doubt. If you want to argue that this year's performance is part of his age-related decline, then (IMO and FWIW) that's a conversation worth having. I'd like to get him back on the field a bit more to see how he bounces back.

As for what I think is the meat of your argument... I would actually be really bummed to see Landry go. I think that's throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I agree that there are some expensive pass-catchers that either need to see a dramatic turnaround in their numbers or organize their way out the door. OBJ hasn't lived up his salary, the hype, or really anything since he's come here. I don't know why exactly that is (probably not a single thing), but it's been long enough to say that we've tried and it's just not working. He's been a good teammate overall and I'd be interested to see how he does if a team were allowed to bring him in as a FA. I'd also be really really pissed if Hooper's contract and presence on the roster prohibited us from keeping Njoku. I've done a 180 on Njoku this year. He's been criminally underused while Hooper has been average at best.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
In defense of OBJ, there have been reports that both of his shoulders are injured. That said, though, if he can't go, he shouldn't be out there.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C

3 members like this: bugs, PitDAWG, oobernoober
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Our Receiving "Core"

Link Copied to Clipboard