Print Thread
#1903527 11/16/21 09:33 AM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Normally I stay away cause of others losing their cool about a game...this time it was me that lost it Oh man was I angry,

Not trying to say its time for a reboot. But I'm sorry we looked so unprepared except for maybe the beginning scripted plays and Garrett was right I didn't see any adjustments what so ever not even half time...I was still shocked to hear it coming from a player that is the disturbing part of the game thinking it is one thing finding out its actually true is another and disappointing. Nobody played as a team that too was disturbing. The OL still remained a unit in their run blocking but their pass blocking was not on the same level. Chase was hurting us but again we didn't make an adjustment.

Landry has quit on us. Normally he will fight for every inch out there - this game he ran his route caught the ball and just laid down. There was no fight in him. DPjones was the only WR that came to play. Njoku I guess thought he was part of the cool crowd led by OBJ and Landry...cause he didn't show much team effort either it was hey if the ball is hitting me right in the numbers I'm not putting an effort into it. No jumping high to get passes when he is the only TE we have with some Hops...maybe Harrison but my goodness how does he hold onto the ball with those tiny hands. The defense had some good individual effort but no unity with a team playing as one - it was game 10 the D should be in total gelling mode Ward was another that looked like he quit on the team. Did the coaches make this a Baker vs OBJ thing? Cause sadly it looked like a black white thing. Hey I said it but this is what I SAW!!! I don't think there is any factions of hate...no racial background in this but just it looked like certain factions quit. Some both black and white I think were disappointed with the coaches just the ones who quit on the team lined up with OBJ and hate to say this Landry, he was the guy who surprised me the most. Oh all the Baker haters were see I told you so...Rex Ryan being the worse. Sorry I lost all respect for him in ruining the career of Mark Sanchez. Baker played poorly but I thought they could adjust and make some 3 step drop routes for quick releases and rely on YAC you know how the Pats stifled our pass rush by getting rid of the ball quickly. But lets just say outside of the running attack our Offense looked awful from Baker on down from our route construction it was like we were HS coaches using a HS play book and they were in an advanced NFL playbook. Our first drive was promising and that is all it wrote. defense we would stop the run attack for the most part but could not make a 3rd down play what so ever. They took Garrett out of the game and the only time he wasn't chipped was when they wanted him to penetrate so they can use the C gap in screens and runs.

We better snap out of this and fast it cannot build and we have the coaches lose our players cause one of two things will happen...a massive move out of players those who have quit on the team or another reboot with the coaching staff.

We have a game that we should win coming up but in the NFL any team can win if you let them play harder and take over the LOS!

Only good thing I saw this week was the RAMS getting wooped by a bottom feeder with OBJ introducing himself on his 2nd target stopping on his post route only to have the safety INT the pass and it was all downhill for the RAMs from there. The announcers said oh that was a lack of knowing each other...no that is what OBJ does if hes not going to be wide open he will stop his route and usually do something else that makes him look wide open so his dad can film it...lol well you guy got him. We got to clean the stench he left behind and become a team again. Time for Chubb to step up hopefully he will catch on to others11

Anyways What did you all see??? Me I might have to go back to the hospital I don't want to but it might be no choice in the matter. see you all ???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Hate to hear you have to go back to the hospital.

I wish you good healing.

What I saw was a master game planner out coach a young head coach.

Belichick broke the defense and we did nothing to stop it. We came out with a basic 4-3 run defense.

BB knew how to use the pass rush against us. Their play design worked to perfection. We were on our heals the whole game.

Third down was death on both sides of the ball. We could not keep a drive alive. We could not get off the field on defense. They could have scored 60 on us.

By halftime I knew we had zero chance.

Defeat was written all over the faces of the entire team and coaches. It was like they did not want to look at each other. One of the most lopsided games I have seen.

It is useless to blame a single player. The team got torched.

I could single out guys who played ok or guys who were terrible. I don't see the point when you lose the way we lost.

I guess what hurts the most is: When I look at the way we played in the second half of last year. How can this team not be better?

We are in the second season with the same coaches and better players. Covid is still here but we have been there before and have the knowledge to know how to handle it.

We have a much improved secondary and a better pass rush. One game we play lights out. Another game we can't stop a play.

I know Hance is out of position. He is no Conklin by a long shot. Sure we have had injuries. Well we had plenty last year as well. Odell is gone. So what. He never played a part anyway in our success last year. We torched Cinci and he was gone.

I could understand losing this game on the road against Belichick. But not the way we lost. There is no excuse for losing to the Steelers at home as well.

I don't have insight to the locker room. I don't want to speculate about what I don't know. What I do know is we are 500 and have played to that level. When you are inconsistent that is expected. Coming off last week I thought we were poised to go on a run. Instead we went back to one step forward one step back.

Right now it is up to the coaches and the players to get this team right. I have no idea how it will go.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by eotab
I didn't see any adjustments what so ever not even half time
I saw adjustment by Belichick after our first drive. rolleyes

Joe Thomas #73
1 member likes this: AZBrown
O
Legend
Legend
O
I saw a team in total disarray, the exact opposite of the Cincinatti game. I saw inept coaching, inept scheming, inept play calling, inept execution, and after, a breakdown in team cohesion. It's almost like the Cinci game was a screw OBJ statement from players initial response. But then after a week of internal dialogue and discussing the way OBJ left, some seemed to be going through the motions but were not present in the game, you know, like OBJ his last few games. Not sure if it's rebellion against inept coaching or if there is a fracture in team cohesion between factions. I do know for a fact, that for the first time since Ski won the job, I am questioning his ability to deal with diversity.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 11/16/21 11:05 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
What I don't understand is we had all this going on before the Cincy game and we played our best game of the year. What happened in the week leading up to the Pats game for us to play so badly? It's the Browns and a lot of things that happen with us and to us defy explanation. EO I hope you are OK. I understand what you are going through as my wife has cancer and now needs another operation. God bless and you will be in my prayers.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Was our energy tank emptied after the Cinci game? It's not unheard of to have a letdown after a big win. Doesn't fully explain the beatdown we took, but could be part of it.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Was our energy tank emptied after the Cinci game? It's not unheard of to have a letdown after a big win. Doesn't fully explain the beatdown we took, but could be part of it.

This.
Teams have bad games. The beatdown was Belichick.

I think it's premature to call it a season or assume the locker room is in disarray. I'm content to wait another game or two before performing Last Rights. This team has bounced back from clunkers before. Let's see what they do over the next two games.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Was our energy tank emptied after the Cinci game?

Maybe? It seemed that way after the Chargers game.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
We definitely lost a lot of our tank after the Chargers game

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
i have no idea how you saw a black/white thing with this situation. especially since OBJ just went to a team with a white QB and head coach. myles garrett called out his DC, who is black. Joel called out his HC/OC, who is white.

there's no angle i can fathom that could possibly draw that conclusion. if you're saying the team might have quit on baker and/or the coaching staff, thats a valid perspective for sure.

but the team didnt quit on Case, and he's white, so....i dont know what to do with that.

i think what happened is that the team was sent a message that OBJ was the problem, and it turns out it wasn't. the team loved OBJ, and yet he was shipped out. well the media and damn near all of NE ohio stated that baker was better without OBJ.

so what did i see? i saw a browns offense that no longer had the luxury of using OBJ as a decoy. i saw landry play like he just lost his best friend to another team, and his QB is still playing like a rookie....in his 4th season. i saw an entire team lose faith that this coaching staff knows what they're doing.

i dont even think the team quit like this when freddie was coach. and they damn sure didnt when gregg williams took over.

by the way, both those guys are white. just saying.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
T
Legend
Legend
T
I'm not a fan of the Browns defense putting 4 men on the line of scrimmage pre snap anymore. I've seen it blasted so many times.

I think other teams might game plan to let the Browns defense make a play on 2nd down, so they will keep running this stupid defensive line up for the whole game, when
every team knows how to beat it on 3rd down.

You said Jarvis Landry had quit. I saw what I thought was an injured Jarvis Landry putting in effort but obviously looks, well like an injured player playing receiver looks.

I saw Tom Brady!!

I think I saw Tom Brady in there and the Stefanski, head coached type defense was not able to stop him.

I saw a Patriots team, that demands, just flat demands that every working piece and part of the cogs of its' well oiled machine would be stressed to the maximum capacity, and make plays like tiny percentage catches in the tiny windows of over the shoulder perfectly placed dropped in passes on the sideline,
the hardest, (some of the hardest) catches to make.
I saw a Patriots team that took less talent and got a more precise performance out of its' group as a whole.

I saw a post game press conference. I saw the Browns head coach, and he wasn't very happy.
I saw him doing an interview where, frankly I've had to have some of those, where you take that deep breath because you just don't like listening to the negative results, and all the bull that people don't understand,
and all those negative judgements, from idiots who don't understand and, to be professional, you don't give your real feelings.

I could recognize that in the Head Coaches post game presser, the breathing. Who the heck is putting our coach in that position?

The AFC is a tough son of a

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Lets stop kidding ourselves.
The energy tank was emptied the instant Bakers' shoulder got smashed in that hit during the Texans game; way back in week 2.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I saw OC ... Josh McDaniels on the bench with his rookie QB laughing ! I saw Bill Belicheck with a note pad and pen taking notes ! I saw the other sideline ...well ! crapping themselves !!

O
Legend
Legend
O

Well, New England is WAY better than I thought they were. You have to give them much of the credit for dominating us, the rest was on us, but they played lights out like they were feeling dissed.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Yeah didn't really want to make it a black white thing that was incorrect of me even though I tried to state there was no racism involved. Just a coincidence that OBJ is a black man who plays WR... the guys I saw going through the motions and not playing for the team mostly were in the WR position and just happened to be black. I saw Harrison and Hooper play hard and I saw Njoku give up. Landry was my biggest disappointment cause he is a team leader...You are correct it was a brain fart that I shared with everyone...lol So I will stick with the individuals.

Also I get that it was a beat down and sometimes that happens RAMS vs 49ers is an example and I think I mentioned it. It wasn't the beat down that worried me as we got to get up off our butts and turn this around. But it was the guys I saw quitting on the team who I mentioned. Not OL not RB not the D but mostly WRs. Quite frankly mostly Landry as he can turn this around easily. He is a team leader of that group.

Trying to prevent going to the Hospital. Increasing my water loss pills instead problem is they make my kidneys hurt and I don't wish to be a dialysis guy. But if I take 10 steps with Oxygen as I have that 24/7 now - I end up gasping for air and having to sit as my kidneys hurt and after 2-3 minutes it starts to subside. That is water around my heart...have cardio meme divice which sends data of water pressure around my heart and lungs they call me daily to adjust my medication and yesterday they called to say my bad stuff went through the roof and they upped my dosage but I'm expecting a call telling me to go to ER Its just an expensive Hotel...lol laugh I will be ok - they don't know why I'm alive now anyways so this is like bonus time for me. I'm waiting for Browns too win the chip and see my grandson who I have not since his 1st birthday a month ago. Her family is big and my son is a putz as he doesn't broker time for us grin

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
What I saw: I didn't see much worth mentioning except that I saw Baker routinely throw balls to spots he should not have been throwing to. He is VERY good at putting a ball accurately over a defender and on the WR's outside shoulder on outside throws, yet, for some reason, on Sunday he had several throws short of the WR while the CB had inside trailing coverage which put the CB in better position to make a catch than the targeted WR. This was his one INT and at least one other Almost INT. It wouldn't have been remarkable except that he almost never is so near-perfectly off the mark on those throws, especially more than once. I don't know what the deal was, but it was definitely there. I tried to figure out if I was only seeing it while they were going the one direction down the field, like perhaps a headwind was slowing the ball, but I wasn't able to figure that out.

As has been stated elsewhere, it's like they were always one step ahead of us. Everything we tried, they were right there. Either they had us THAT figured out, or this is just another case of Belichick getting "extra practice footage" again. We've all heard those post-game quotes in the past where players say things like "they knew what we were running before we did", etc... well, this felt like one of those games.

Right tackle is a problem. Hance is playing valiantly, but he's just not a viable solution out there. Heck, even Callahan says it

I saw something in this thread or another that said that #97 is "marked"... double team him and run through that gap. That's Malik Jackson. He's listed at only 285 lbs - as a DT. I don't know if he is who is responsible for all of the runs up the middle on us, but there have certainly been a ton; this bears watching. Maybe the counter is to just constantly run-blitz #97 and have a LB over whichever gap he doesn't fire through? Either way, Woods needs to find a fix. His job is to look back on how he has been attacked and think forward on how he may be attacked, and to have effective counter-punches to all of it. I don't feel confidence that he is putting that much into it.

Myles, Stanton, and others like to sit down and play D&D. I feel like Woods, Van Pelt, and Woods should be sitting down and board-gaming our schemes.... Woods picks a scheme/package to start with, Ski gives his counter.... Woods then has to counter that, and so on.... but, they all have to do it within the context of a real game (packages are personnel). Perhaps this level of impromptu gaming will help them find where the weaknesses are in this "Big Nickle" or whatever it is that Woods dreams of running. If it can't be stout against the run AND the pass without having to completely change it up, it should NOT be our base.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: FATE
O
Legend
Legend
O
On the INT, he also threw into double-coverage. It was a horrible decision.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
That's what concerns me more. The lack of sound decision making. It's like I've said, Baker has displayed that he has the talent. But as of late it seems he's having a hard time processing and manifesting that talent to the field.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
That's what concerns me more. The lack of sound decision making. It's like I've said, Baker has displayed that he has the talent. But as of late it seems he's having a hard time processing and manifesting that talent to the field.
What concerns me the most and I don't know how much of it is injury, how much is play calling, and how much of it is coaching, but any semblance of the gun slinging Baker is gone.

He used to throw into tight windows, he used to take risks, he used to try to make plays... watching him this year has been like watching Trent Dilfer... did his risks sometimes result in INTS? yes they did but they also resulted in more big plays, more excitement, more TDs in the red zone....

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

It would be that play and the one earlier in the season when he tried to run for the first down despite having Felton WIIIIDE open right next to the sticks that tells me there's more than 1 thing wrong with Baker's play right now (1 one them being the injury(s), but not limited to that).

-PrplPplEater
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 7 Patriots 45 What I saw NE Patriots

Link Copied to Clipboard