Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
This. It's a number of things.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
There are a lot of posters saying many different things. Many look for excuses to blame it on and many who try to have an objective overview. There's certainly no one size fits all here. I can show you games where the OL had had multiple substitutions due to injuries and I can show you where there was only one. But I can show you very unproductive and low scoring offensive games in both cases. Yet in week three where you called out "the predictability and unimaginative play calling by KS", we actually scored 26 points. It's a mixed bag to be sure but it seems to me that as I gave you an example of in week three, the claim of Stefanski calling a poor game still resulted in 26 points. So that seems to be an overstatement considering the outcome.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Your use of the word "Excuses" is the issue I guess. As well as saying posters said things they didn't.

They scored 14 in a struggle to beat the Vikings in week 4 ... so maybe when I said "Week 3 or 4" it was more probable it was week 4 .... would you agree? SO why highlight week 3 results?

It's not excuses.

It's reality.

It's not all Baker. It's not all "Not Baker". That was true even when Kitchens was manager. Kitchens had the whole team play below their ability - Baker included. But it was still baker who was under prepared, missed open receivers, threw interceptions. So while there was a gigantic negative influence - Baker still owns a large slice of what Baker did that year. This year we don't know how bad and impactful the shoulder injury is. We don't know how much a bunch of valid influences are negatively impacting Baker ... but they aren't excuses unless you have a predetermined angst against Baker ... or against the posters who support Baker.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The only thing I have is watching the Browns play football. All I have is looking at the putrid offense. I'm not against anyone. I guess we'll see moving forward. Which is what I've been saying all along. But I will say that Baker's performance doesn't scream franchise QB. It doesn't scream long term 100 million dollar contract. Unless of course you think it does? Which has been my overriding point all along which thus far you haven't seemed to address. And the reason I focused on week three? Because you brought it up.

Let's face it, there was only one week between that week three game where we scored 26 points against the Bears and the week 4 game where we scored 14 points against the Vikings and only one more week later 47 points against the Chargers. We had the same HC every game. Since then we've scored 14, 17, 10, 41 and 7 points respectively.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Unless of course you think it does? Which has been my overriding point all along which thus far you haven't seemed to address. .

My perspective on Baker was spelt out and is crystal clear. You either forgot, didn't read what I wrote or choose to be argumentative.

Originally Posted by mgh888
I've said elsewhere - I think "the real" Baker is who we saw last year in the final 9 or 10 games of the season when PFF graded him the 3rd best (?) QB in the NFL over that stretch. I think we saw flashes of immense arm talent in his rookie year. I think he still has that. I think the periods he has played bad there have been significant things influencing his play in addition to Baker's own mental and physical struggles - Kitchens year. KS introduction and retooling few games last year. This year with a torn Labarum .... Guys that complete 20 or 21 passes in a row to comeback and win a game in the NFL. do not do it by accident, and there is more to the team's struggles than the QB.

I think there is a lot more wrong with the team than just Baker at the moment. I think Baker's injury is hurting his performance. . .

I know you scoffed at that and poo-poo'd the idea that he could play "great" vs the Bengals and then use the injury as part of why he played poorly vs the Pats ... but remind me again how many completitions he made in the Bengals game? Remind me - how did the 'team' look vs the Bengals and how did they look vs the Pats? . . . was Baker the stand out difference in those two games? Or was he one of 22 that looked different from one game to the next?

It's not hard. I look at Baker at his best and believe that over that extended period of time (and first two games this season) is not a fluke and it is indicative of his ability. Others seem to look at Baker's worst periods of play and define him by those. Others decide that when the Defense gives up points to lose a game in the last 60 seconds of a game, or give up 47 points to the reigning AFC champs, that it's Baker choking or not 'strapping the team on his back' ... People pick a perspective and stick with it. Some of those perspectives are most clearly predetermined by his flag planting or his "arrogance". I prefer to keep it to what he's done in a Brown's jersey and his taking a 1-31, strapping it onhis back and turning us into a winning team.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
2 members like this: Hammer, WSU Willie
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Dude... you asked a question and got an answer. All the extra snark makes you look... not smart.

Dude...Take your snark and smartness to the back of the bus where you and it belongs...

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Odell Beckham Jr.

Link Copied to Clipboard