Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Legend
Legend
O
As far as what you said about ideologies go... I don't agree. Conservatism is, among many things, resistant to change. It tends to prefer precedent and the whole "if it aint broke don't fix it" mentality. No, I don't think the ideals of conservatism have shifted near as much as the people have shifted. You can find actual conservatives, you just have to dig past a ton of Republicans to find them.

I agree that Democrats don't really care about the people. They just do a really good job of keeping that narrative going while they screw people over behind their backs. For me, I think it's worse to be underhanded and a hypocrite than it is to be outwardly and transparently awful human being (many front-line Republicans).

Trump, despite not being a lawyer is one of the more litigious people you'll find in the exact mold of what you were describing. He isn't a lawyer himself, but he has an army of them ready for whoever hurts his feelings next.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: dawglover05
P
Legend
Legend
P
Some people claim that Christian values have been erased from our society. Yet there isn't a single Christian that is prevented from going to church. Not a single Christian that is being prevented from observing Christmas, Easter or any of the other pagan holidays Christians have been brainwashed into believing are Christian in nature. Your rights have not been invaded nor restricted.

What has happened is that you are now often times being prevented from pushing your religious beliefs down the throats of the public at large. Because we have freedom of religion, not a national religion. People can believe in the Bible, the Koran or the Torah. They have the right to be Jewish, Hindu, Muslim or any other faith they so desire and you have no right choosing one religion and force feeding it to our society. That's what Christians are actually upset about. Losing some of their recruiting tools.

Question. since everyone is guaranteed freedom of religion, if we start having prayer in our schools, where do you propose Muslim students store their prayer rugs?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
This is just a random thought I had while following this thread.

This line from Razor says a lot. It’s not so much what was typed, but the perspective. So many on the right, the men especially, have similar underlying mindsets.

“ Christian values? Gone. Family values? Gone. Women are free to sleep around with as many partners as they want and have children with as many men as they want and it's encouraged by the government since single mothers are rewarded…”

It’s all on the women. I know he’ll defend his use of words but words, and context, and often what isn’t said, is very clear.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
While I don't disagree with you by and large, the democrats do have to and have delivered the few things average Americans do have. Civil rights to minimum wage, to Social Security to worker safety. Other than the interstate highway program from Ike almost every infrastructure plan or program to help the poor has all been proposed and passed by democrats.

Do they give more lip service than results? Yes they do. But let's not pretend in many cases it's because they can't get those programs passed into law because they're voted against by republicans who block them. Obamacare is a prime, recent example. In order to get it passed it became so watered down it was almost unrecognizable. As of now it's two Democrats that are blocking the Build Back Better program which will be very watered down if it ever passes too. But to make some blanket statement that....
They just do a really good job of keeping that narrative going while they screw people over behind their backs.
?

The evidence shows that if that's true, they do actually try and deliver to their constituents and it's not just a narrative alone.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I saw an old interview on TV with President Ronald Reagan. He was asked about Facism in the Untided States and he said if this country was to ever turn to facism it would be thru Liberalism. Man was he ever right 30+ years ago!!!

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
P
Legend
Legend
P
Tell that to the Capital Police.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: dawglover05, PortlandDawg
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
I saw an old interview on TV with President Ronald Reagan. He was asked about Facism in the Untided States and he said if this country was to ever turn to facism it would be thru Liberalism. Man was he ever right 30+ years ago!!!

That shows his ignorance too then, because fascism is on the right of the political spectrum. The far, far, far, crazy right, like Trump.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/13/21 01:53 PM.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Very Taliban-like thinking for sure. I guess the god squad is good with treating women like chattel. So happy THOSE CHRISTIAN VALUES are gone. Just wish they would have taken the Christians who believe in that crap with them. There is a difference between being Christian and this crap too, I hope.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/13/21 02:00 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
There are Christian values and there are religious (religion based) values. They are not the same. Not even close.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Remember all those liberals who prevented a bipartisan Congress from certifying the democratic election?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
This is just a random thought I had while following this thread.

This line from Razor says a lot. It’s not so much what was typed, but the perspective. So many on the right, the men especially, have similar underlying mindsets.

“ Christian values? Gone. Family values? Gone. Women are free to sleep around with as many partners as they want and have children with as many men as they want and it's encouraged by the government since single mothers are rewarded…”

It’s all on the women. I know he’ll defend his use of words but words, and context, and often what isn’t said, is very clear.

I am not giving men a free pass. Sorry if I came across that way. It's just that outside of rape it's women that control whether children are born or not. It used to be in their own self interest to not sleep around because having a child was risky business. Health wise, socially, and economically. There were real consequences. With the advent of birth control and abortions they are free to be the same sluts that most men are. Some will say that is a good thing. I imagine most men think it's a good thing since they get laid more because young women these days are sooo easy to have sex with.

I have always viewed most men as horndogs who will have sex any chance they can get with just about any woman they can get when they are single or even if they aren't single. It's why when men say NO to women they almost always apologize. I'm not saying ALL men are like that but soooooooooo many are. I just view it as our genetic imperative to breed. Some can resist it but some can't.

To men it takes a good woman to turn a man from an animal that wants to rut into a human who wants to raise a family and improve the world for that family. A good woman inspires a man to want something more from life. We love her. We want her. We want to be worthy of her. But if there isn't a woman worth wanting to make a long term life with then men often just stay selfish and self centered instead. After all it's cheaper for a man to pay a prostitute for sex than to take a woman out on a nice date. So if the only thing that matters is sex then marriage is useless to men. After all marriage has become a nightmare for men who marry the wrong woman. It literally turn a man into a slave. She gets the house to care for the kids. Pay alimony. Pay child support. No? Then go to jail. She gets all his money, his property, and a huge chunk of his income and she doesn't even have to provide sex anymore. He was better off dealing with prostitutes.

This is why a wise father teaches his sons not to date promiscuous women of low moral fiber because "loose lips, sink ships." A good woman brings heaven on earth the same way a wicked woman brings hell on earth. The ones who benefit or suffer the most are the children. When you have good women demanding good men then you will have good families. When you have loose women who will sleep around and don't care then you will have broken homes. That doesn't mean men get a free pass to be scum it just means that most of the time women are the ones who control the fate of the men they choose.

This is why a wise father teaches his daughters to see through the lies of men who are just horny and want to get in their pants. They teach them to have self respect and to value themselves enough to demand a good life partner not by his income or what he owns but by how he preserves his honor and his word. They teach them not to settle for garbage who just want to use them and then throw them away. Because real heaven on earth for most women is when they know their children are safe and well fed. When they know their man belong to them alone and wants good things for them and their future.

Of course when you have millions of kids who don't even know who their father is or barely ever see him then I guess they won't learn those precious lessons. I know I was one of them. I just got very lucky because there were other men like my pastor who took me under their wing to give me the guidance I never got from a father who was not there. It's why I work so hard to make sure my children NEVER have to go through what I had to.

I don't have any perfect answers for the world. The death of so many fathers from ww1 all the way through the vietnam war created so many families that HAD to grow up without a dad. Because they were dead. You can't blame women for that. That is when we as a people should have stepped in together to raise those kids as a community. We didn't though so that ship has sailed and isn't coming back. At some point we will have to toughen up and demand better from ourselves and each other or we will fail as a nation. The fault will be with ALL of us.

I sincerely hope the world rises to the occasion to rise above rutting animals and regain our humanity.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
NRTU

The only ones in America to actually ban Christmas were the Puritans, long before the revolution.

The rest of us just wonder if it’s Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas since the days of Bill O’Reily.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
The rest of us just wonder if it’s Happy Holidays or Merry Christmas since the days of Bill O’Reily.

Not me.
I do the "Double H."

There are scores of traditional celebrations that happen at this time. Most of them are some version of providing light to the darkest weeks of the year. I'm OK with all of them.
I was raised in a Christian (Baptist) home, but I don't wear my faith like team colors on a Sat or Sun afternoon.
I want to make sure that everyone I meet gets some measure of positive from me when we meet on the street.

No 'Paid Mouth' has ever influenced the way I handle my holiday season.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by dawglover05

Remember all those liberals who prevented a bipartisan Congress from certifying the democratic election?

It was ANTIFA, remember?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
DAMN! My bad.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Razorthorns
It's just that outside of rape it's women that control whether children are born or not.

News to the rest of the world for sure.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
And just think, the person who said they had control, is one of the very same people who promote we limit their control.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
They like their women well controlled.

[Linked Image from static.timesofisrael.com]

[Linked Image from api.ellecanada.com]

Legend
Legend
bro there's a growing number of crazies up in idaho and utah wanting a version of this reality.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
B
Legend
Legend
B
???

Looks like representatives from your party.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And just think, the person who said they had control, is one of the very same people who promote we limit their control.

Limit their control ... while in complete and total denial that men can prevent pregnancies. Truly unbelievable.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
My body, My choice.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Limit their control ... while in complete and total denial that men can prevent pregnancies. Truly unbelievable.

I guess you missed the part where I said men don't get a free pass either. I agree with you that men should control themselves too. I'm just realistic in knowing that most young men who see a woman say come and get me are going to go get them. Not all but most. That is just reality and it always has been and probably always will be.

The BIG change is that women used to be better than men when it came to saying, "NO." They were in control of when guys got "lucky" and the cost was usually a serious relationship leading to marriage. Now women rut just, as much as, men and the result is the crumbling away of family values because the families are broken. After all it's just sex so why bother. IF she gets pregnant well she gets child support and welfare as an incentive to live promiscuously. Men are just slaves so who cares what they think right? Just send in that money and don't worry about being a real father.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
P
Legend
Legend
P
So your assertion is that women should remain "better than men"? In case you missed it, women were never any better than men about saying no. They just sent their pregnant daughters off to where they weren't seen. There have always been what you would probably describe as "loose women". The fantasy portrait people paint in their minds of what they "feel" the past used to be are the very same fables that create the Make America Great Again crowd.

My dad was born in 1930 and you should hear some of the things he told me about women while he was growing up. Your fables are not reality.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yes, women had all the control back in the day.
You didn't dare honk the horn to call them out on a date. You held all doors for them and they waited for you to do so.
You didn't discuss certain subjects with them as that would be crude.

Anyone raised with some class remembers those days.

P
Legend
Legend
P
rofl

So you're saying it had nothing to do with the women, it had to do with you acting like a gentleman based on the way you were raised. I'm glad you explained that to Razor.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
???

Looks like representatives from your party.

Sure it does, weak sauce.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
Yes, women had all the control back in the day.
You didn't dare honk the horn to call them out on a date. You held all doors for them and they waited for you to do so.
You didn't discuss certain subjects with them as that would be crude.

Anyone raised with some class remembers those days.

40, I don't believe you know anyone raised with class.

A
Legend
Legend
A
That's saying something there. It's like you know about no class.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
That's saying something there. It's like you know about no class.

Well, I've had to deal with you for 5 years in PP…

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus WHAT HAPPENED TO AMERICAN CONSERVATISM?

Link Copied to Clipboard