Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
As I said pn another thread it seems very fishy that the browns and several other teams are dealing with this all at the same time.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c…

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Looks like 50% of our starters will be out with very Key Positions. Have to win all 3 AFC games left to make the playoffs. A 6-6 Conference record isn’t going to win a tie breaker IMO, I could be wrong.

Covid may have just ended our season. I don’t see the NFL giving us the same treatment at the Other teams last year with game postponement.

[Linked Image from mypsn.eu.playstation.com]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by FreeAgent
Looks like 50% of our starters will be out with very Key Positions. Have to win all 3 AFC games left to make the playoffs. A 6-6 Conference record isn’t going to win a tie breaker IMO, I could be wrong.

Covid may have just ended our season. I don’t see the NFL giving us the same treatment at the Other teams last year with game postponement.

The NFL had different protocols last year.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It is what it is. I don't like it anymore than anyone else but I'll say this; it figures this would happen to us. When something can go wrong for us it will. Murphy's Law is alive and well with us!

Legend
Legend
j/c:

Browns head coach Kevin Stefanski tests postive for COVID-19

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...tefanski-tests-postive-for-covid-19.html

Legend
Legend
This is going to continue falling like dominos

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Ugh. This is (getting?) really, really ugly. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Suiting up for the cause.

1st String
1st String
Why us? This is way worse than last year. Looks like it'll be a Bronco game repeat. Just run run run until our hearts content.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
If these people who are testing positive are vaccinated they should be given the thumbs up to play no questions asked at this point.

The NFL needs to adjust its protocols and rules but is behind as usual.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 12/15/21 12:46 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
It seems likely these outbreaks are related to omicron -- in which case it appears that neither vaccination nor previous infections really help that much (at least with regards to getting sick - it seems like they do help quite a bit in keeping the illness mild).

Cornell University is also reporting a huge outbreak this week despite a 97% vaccination rate -- and almost everything they have sequenced is omicron.

Last edited by Lyuokdea; 12/15/21 12:50 PM.

~Lyuokdea
P
Legend
Legend
P
Why in the hell should people who actually have Covid be allowed to play?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Lyuokdea
Legend
Legend
GM ....... grab your helmet!

rofl crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: oobernoober
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Why in the hell should people who actually have Covid be allowed to play?

Yeah - that sort of seems like they thought of all of the possible ways to deal with this -- and are trying to pick the worst one.

~Lyuokdea
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Omicron is less deadly than the flu, and many if not most of these players have no symptoms. They are applying a protocol set up for a more dangerous variant to one that poses little or no risk. This is gonna be ugly.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Conveniently, SUNDAY morning they will announce new rules regarding vaccinated players and testing positive. flamingmad

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Is it possible they could move our game to Sunday, and make it subject to the revised protocols? If not, this is extremely unfair.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Chief is back...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
anyone have a full current list?

Joe Thomas #73
1st String
1st String
Anybody heard Ski's response to being asked about postponing the game? No fire, no passion, just bleh.

Reporter: don't you hope the NFL could postpone the game?
Ski: I hope the Brown's can go out there and win (paraphrasing)

It was the most crap response u could get from any coach.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by 85_Browns_Queen
Anybody heard Ski's response to being asked about postponing the game? No fire, no passion, just bleh.

Literally every coach would say the exact same thing.

4 members like this: jfanent, clwb419, Milk Man
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by BADdog
anyone have a full current list?
Out covid.
DB's JJ3 out, Troy Hill out.
Def. Anthony Walker unknown last week. Malik Mcdowell Dl out, Ifeady Odinigbo out, Takk McKinley out.

offense, OL, Conklin, Hubbard, ... Jed Wills out, Wyatt Teller out, Drew Forbes out,

Wr. JoJo Natson out, Jarvis Landry out, (Kareem Hunt ankle out?) TE Austin Hooper new covid out

TE call up last week Ross Travis, out! Baker Mayfield Out. Head Coach Stefanski positive Out?

IN> added Wr Alex Hollins, Ot Elijah Nkamseh? , Re-signed Wr Jamarcus Bradley, (Harrison Bryant, I don't know which side he's listed I think out last week still unknown.

Nick Greggory Te? signed. Miller Foristall TE signed last week?

edit: Njoku Back!

Last edited by THROW LONG; 12/15/21 04:22 PM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

It's all about $$$

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by DaveyD
j/c...

It's all about $$$

And they aren’t going to push the season back which is what they would have to do to postpone the game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by cfrs15
j/c...

It's all about $$$

And they aren’t going to push the season back which is what they would have to do to postpone the game.
They don't need to push the season back. Play Tuesday or Wednesday. The league postponed the Ravens / Steelers game THREE TIMES to allow Lamar and others to clear protocol last year.

"These decisions were made out of an abundance of caution to ensure the health and safety of players, coaches and game day personnel and in consultation with medical experts," the NFL said in a statement.

Maybe our players need to say they "don't feel safe" as the Ravens players did last year. Somehow they didn't feel safe to play on Tuesday but were fine to play Wednesday when Lamar could return, prompting the league to reschedule, a third time, to Wednesday.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I guess the league just doesn't care as much about our Browns players. What a surprise!!!

D
Legend
Legend
D
You guys want the Browns playing the Packers on Saturday after playing the Raiders on Tues or Weds? I really doubt the NFL is going to re-schedule a nationally televised game whether its this Saturday or next. This is the hand we were dealt; we have to play it.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Dave
You guys want the Browns playing the Packers on Saturday after playing the Raiders on Tues or Weds? I really doubt the NFL is going to re-schedule a nationally televised game whether its this Saturday or next. This is the hand we were dealt; we have to play it.
Tuesday to Saturday isn't any different then Sunday to Thursday. Not to mention this game is more important to the Browns than the Packers game.

The Views Expressed By Me Are Not Necessarily The Views That You Will Agree With, I'm In My Own Little World But They Know Me Here.
2 members like this: jfanent, FATE
O
Legend
Legend
O
Maybe the league should look at handicapping the games to keep things fair, just make the healthier team sit the equivalent position/string players the Covid-19 sick team has out on protocol. So if our starting QB is out, they have to sit their starting QB. This is the only fair way I can see to deal with this, since Covid-19 doesn't seem to be going away anytime soon. And I think any player that gets caught lying about being vaccinated should face big ass fines and suspension. Also, any player or team knowingly hiding positives or not following testing protocols to the letter, should be hammered as well.

I know a team like ours being forced to field a team of scrubs in such a tight race is BS. Especially after the way some teams were treated last year.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/15/21 10:03 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Do you think COVID is just going to go away.? Do you think vaccines have saved hundreds of thousands of lives?

Joe Thomas #73
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by FATE
j/c...

It's all about $$$

They don't need to push the season back. Play Tuesday or Wednesday. The league postponed the Ravens / Steelers game THREE TIMES to allow Lamar and others to clear protocol last year.

"These decisions were made out of an abundance of caution to ensure the health and safety of players, coaches and game day personnel and in consultation with medical experts," the NFL said in a statement.

Maybe our players need to say they "don't feel safe" as the Ravens players did last year. Somehow they didn't feel safe to play on Tuesday but were fine to play Wednesday when Lamar could return, prompting the league to reschedule, a third time, to Wednesday.

Moving the game to Monday or Tuesday does nothing for us. Players have to have two negative tests in back to back days or have no symptoms for ten days. Testing negative two days in a row so soon after a positive test is highly unlikely.

B
Legend
Legend
B
j/c...

It's all about $$$

I don't think so. Before the season started they said they weren't going to reschedule games.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1st String
1st String
Originally Posted by 85_Browns_Queen

Literally every coach would say the exact same thing.

So what. I wouldn't like it coming from them either. Particularly since they let a different division team postpone.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
GM ....... grab your helmet!

rofl crazy

They moved me up to number 6,891 in line to be added to the practice squad. thumbsup

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BADdog
Do you think COVID is just going to go away.? Do you think vaccines have saved hundreds of thousands of lives?

1. N0
2. YES

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I don't think so. Before the season started they said they weren't going to reschedule games.

Ok - wonder what would happen if a BIG market team that is in the thick of the play off hunt got the same decimated squad and coaching staff? Either LA team - Maybe even Dallas who are winning their division but not by an insurmountable lead. We'd like to think the rules would be the same.... We'll see.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
E
Legend
Legend
E
If we were the Steelers the NFL would have rescheduled this game. Why hasn't it been brought up???

So where is the official list of this stuff as I am looking everywhere and have to go on my wife's work mates feeding her the rumors.

How many OL are out - Baker in or out we need an effective run game again and our play action passes with lasers from Baker or lollipops from Keenum - its all about the run game with an awesome defense for us to win!!!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: slick
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Raiders 16 Covid hits the Browns again this week

Link Copied to Clipboard