Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by jfanent
Baker just carved our name back in the top of the NFL sh*tlist, but good for him.

Stefanski and Haslem need to grow a set and follow Baker's lead....publicly tell the NFL what a crap show this is. They let the rats wait until Lamar was healthy last year, and we have to play with our 3rd qb and down 20 players and a HC?

Just got home from work and getting caught up. What did Baker say?

Also, where do I go to try out to play for the Browns this weekend? I'll take a 1 week contract. smile

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
D
Legend
Legend
D
I won't post the tweet from David Njoku because of profanity, but see for yourself. I like this mindset.

https://twitter.com/David_Njoku80/status/1471615694932529159

Legend
Legend
His tweets are a few posts up from mine.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Mayfield lashed out at the league and its protocols on Thursday evening, writing in a series of tweets, "@NFL Make up your damn mind on protocols. Showing up and making only 3 teams test?!? All so you can keep the game as scheduled to make money.

"Actually caring about player safety would mean delaying the game with this continuing at the rate it is…. But to say you won’t test vaccinated players if they don’t have symptoms, then to pull this randomly. Doesn’t make any sense to me. Tell me if this makes sense…. No tests this morning… then let our team gather for practice… then show up after practice to test them. Something seems off here."

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c

I think the Browns should demand the Raiders be tested since our remaining players will be in close contact with their team.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
1 member likes this: GMdawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
well, baker got his wish!

all 32 team are now in intense protocols

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...-protocols-return-intensive-restrictions

The NFL and the NFL Players Association have negotiated changes to the league's COVID-19 protocols, some of which are being put in place immediately and could help teams whose rosters have been decimated this week.

Effective immediately, all 32 NFL teams will be placed in intensive COVID-19 protocols until the conclusion of Week 15. This means the reimposition of mandatory mask wearing in team facilities, social distancing, grab-and-go meal service in team cafeterias, all-virtual meetings, limits on the number of people allowed in weight rooms and restrictions on activities outside the facility.

eams already in intensive protocols due to ongoing outbreaks will continue daily testing of all players and personnel -- vaccinated or not -- but the rest of the teams won't be subject to daily testing.

Also effective immediately, the league and the NFLPA will institute changes in the return-to-play COVID-19 protocols that will make it easier for players who are vaccinated and asymptomatic to return to practice and games.

Under the previous protocols, a vaccinated individual who tests positive for COVID-19 has to produce two negative tests 24 hours apart before being cleared to return. The new protocols relax that requirement and could enable teams such as the Cleveland Browns, Los Angeles Rams and Washington Football Team to get some players back for this weekend's games.

In creating the new return-to-play protocols, the NFL and NFLPA focused on a new metric that measures the viral load of a player, known as the "cycle threshold" (CT). In essence, the CT value can measure whether a player is still contagious, even if in some cases he would still test positive on a traditional test.

That testing can begin as soon as one day after the initial positive and could significantly shorten the amount of time a vaccinated player spends away from the team facility.

There are now three ways for a vaccinated player to return under the new protocols:

• Two PCR (polymerase chain reaction) tests that are either negative or produce a CT value of 35 or greater.

• One PCR test that is either negative or produces a CT value of 35 or greater, and a negative Mesa test result taken with 24 hours of the PCR test. (Mesa tests usually return results in less than an hour.)

• Two negative Mesa tests.

According to NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills, previous NFL test analysis has shown that players with CT values at the level of 35 or higher do not transmit COVID-19 and thus would not be contagious.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Sources: Keenum tests positive; Mayfield rips NFL
1hJake Trotter

NFLPA re-emphasizes need for daily COVID tests
1dKevin Seifert

WFT COVID list grows to 21 with 3 more adds
7hJohn Keim
"It's not about loosening our standards," Sills said. "If anything, we're just bringing a higher degree of precision in measuring ourselves against a more precise ruler."

There is no change to the rules for unvaccinated players, who will continue to be tested daily and must stay away from the team facility for at least 10 days before they can be cleared to return after a positive test.

​"Throughout the pandemic we have continuously evolved our protocols to meet our goal of advancing the safety of the players, coaches and staff," the league said Thursday in a statement. "The changes we are making today aim to address the increase in cases and the advent of the Omicron variant. Effective immediately, all clubs will implement preventative measures that have proven effective: masking regardless of vaccination status, remote or outdoor meetings, eliminating in-person meals, and no outside visitors while on team travel. We will continue to strongly encourage booster shots as the most effective protection.

"Finally, and based on expert advice, we will adjust the return-to-participation requirements for those who have recovered from COVID-19. All of these changes are grounded in our data and science-backed approach, with safety our number-one goal for the entire NFL community."

The NFLPA also is pushing to allow players the ability to opt out of the season if they are uncomfortable with changes to the protocols, though it's unclear whether the league would agree to that.

As of Thursday afternoon, there was no plan to mandate COVID-19 booster shots for vaccinated players, though the league and the NFLPA continue to strongly encourage unvaccinated players to get vaccinated and vaccinated players to receive boosters.

The Cleveland Browns, meanwhile, announced Wednesday that head coach Kevin Stefanski has tested positive for the coronavirus, and at least eight starters -- including quarterback Baker Mayfield -- have been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list this week.

The Los Angeles Rams have placed 13 players on the reserve/COVID-19 list in the past week, including star cornerback Jalen Ramsey, star receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and starting running back Darrell Henderson.

Washington has placed 17 players on the reserve/COVID-19 list this week -- including eight on Wednesday and three more on Thursday -- bringing its total to 21 overall and 11 starters.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
Browns should tell NFL they’re not playing Saturday, and just forfeit. Why risk injury when a loss is a guarantee?

1 member likes this: FATE
D
Legend
Legend
D
In your opinion, a loss is guaranteed, which is fine. But I disagree, and so do a lot of Browns' players, I bet. Nick Mullins isn't an optimium choice as starter, but he's got a good record ... he's not Spergon Wynn or Connor Shaw.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dave
In your opinion, a loss is guaranteed, which is fine. But I disagree, and so do a lot of Browns' players, I bet. Nick Mullins isn't an optimium choice as starter, but he's got a good record ... he's not Spergon Wynn or Connor Shaw.

Dude can hand off to Chubb right?!? Chubb needs to get the ball 40 times this week...

<><

#gmstrong
2nd String
2nd String
Originally Posted by jaybird

Dude can hand off to Chubb right?!? Chubb needs to get the ball 40 times this week...
You must mean Chubb 25 times and D’earnest Johnson 15 times but I’m with you. Problem is we have no O line now and the Raiders will probably stack 10 in the box…

Who let the Dawgs out???
D
Legend
Legend
D
Raiders will remember Nick Mullens from 2018. He and the Niners punked them 34-3. Mullens was 16-22, 262yds, 3 TD, and a QB rating of 151.9.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401030767

1 member likes this: jaybird
Legend
Legend
Mullins will test positive by noon tomorrow.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Have a little faith.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Xanthros
Originally Posted by jaybird

You must mean Chubb 25 times and D’earnest Johnson 15 times but I’m with you. Problem is we have no O line now and the Raiders will probably stack 10 in the box…

I agree... frankly I'm more sad about missing our starting tackles than the QB...

<><

#gmstrong
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
With the playoff implications involved with these teams, I can't believe the NFL is not doing something to protect the integrity of the game. They basically took three teams and said, screw you. Thing is, none of these guys are sick. This might be the final straw for me and the NFL. Basically, giving Vegas a free win, and help to reach the playoffs. I always thought it would be the officiating, and inept bias announcers that would do me in, now it's the political fueled virus that's doing it.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How does the NFL not test every player on every team tomorrow?

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BADdog
They will, now that Myles, Baker and the NFLPA said their piece.

1 member likes this: DeisleDawg
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by FATE

The union has been pushing for daily testing since training camp.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Myles went in without sleeves..showed his muscle and said test everyone ! Please !

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hey union... no one practice's until everyone gets tested. Your a union make demands. You have the power. You are in the right.

Joe Thomas #73
1st String
1st String
Poop's about to hit the fan now.

That's some 7-9 b.s. right there. Teams reaching epidemic level positives and the league says not to test anyone without symptoms??

So you can keep the games alive this weekend??

Baker just carved our name back in the top of the NFL sh*tlist, but good for him. Everybody hush-hush on the whole thing and the silence was deafening. I could not believe the Browns were being silent. Raven's players whined last year and Rog let them pick their gameday. It looked like we were standing here with our tail between our legs.

If we play Saturday, the league is making us forfeit (our season) because of how their policy dealt with vaccinated players.

And this is why I had an issue with Ski's passive comments about postponing. Had he made a b-fit sooner, maybe postponing would've happened sooner. Any other teams can whine about it and get their way. I hate the "ehhh, that's just how the dice rolls" talk with our coach. Be aggressive for once. Have our backs! Thank goodness Baker and Myles said something. Maybe something will be done. I at least appreciate the idea of postponing talks. The only big thing that backfires is that the NFL knows our dirty little secret. We'll see what comes of it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Legend
Legend
Tweet deleted. What was it?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Don't you mean our Neo QB? wink

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by cfrs15

What's that have to do with what went down today?

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I applaud Baker for what he did and I hope more players on other teams so so. Goodell only cares about the league making money. The pressure needs to be put on him. The has basically become a tyrant on some ways. Teams filing grievances are pointless now a days because goodell has final say. He just sits back and laughs.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
C
Legend
Legend
C

Baker and Garrett’s comments didn’t have anything to do with anything. The new protocol was already on its way.

Legend
Legend
I can't wait til we're down to 11 healthy players, and the NFL says that they can all just play both ways, and someone can Punt and Kick in addition to their other positions. banghead

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Baker and Garrett’s comments didn’t have anything to do with anything. The new protocol was already on its way.

BS !

Legend
Legend
Have a little faith.

Hey! His name is FATE, not "Faith"...

wink

"too many notes, not enough music-"
L
Legend
Legend
L
No wonder I hate the NFL

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
How does the NFL not test every player on every team every effing day of the season?

now it's fixed.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg

BS !

You think the union and the league changed their entire protocol, within minutes, based off of what two players said? Or do you think they were already negotiating a new protocol and the announcement happened to coincide with what the players said?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[quote=DeisleDawg]

You think the union and the league changed their entire protocol, within minutes, based off of what two players said? Or do you think they were already negotiating a new protocol and the announcement happened to coincide with what the players said?

I believe because players spoke out the league had to change it up now, the NFL said games weren't being rescheduled as of yesterday.. So yes I believe the voices of the players made the change happen. It's obvious they did..or the idiot league would have showed some type of concern before this.

1 member likes this: 85_Browns_Queen
Legend
Legend
rofl

You do you, bro.

We all just watched it happen.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
[quote=DeisleDawg]

I believe because players spoke out the league had to change it up now, the NFL said games weren't being rescheduled as of yesterday.. So yes I believe the voices of the players made the change happen. It's obvious they did..or the idiot league would have showed some type of concern before this.

So the rumors that the protocols were going to change yesterday were a result of our player’s comments today?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Baker's comments might get him fined. Not that I agree with the NFL.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
So the new protocol give the browns a good chance of getting anyone back this Saturday? Or are we still put of luck?

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

#OurFuture

Tackles are tackles.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Raiders 16 Covid hits the Browns again this week

Link Copied to Clipboard