Print Thread
#1909460 12/12/21 08:17 AM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I made it another year as my two sons with wives and one grandson are coming over during the Browns game. Will I be going to the hospital again? I'm going to try hard to make it. We go into the game with some injuries in weird spots. Long Snapper I think out cause of covid along with punter? I'm sure we will make out ok. Enjoy the game, enjoy life hope to see you all soon.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Praying for you brother....

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Prayers, Eo. Hope you will enjoy this one as a birthday present. There are no small victories, so root hard! Carry on.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
P
Legend
Legend
P
Prayers EO God Bless You ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Life can always bring surprises.

We never really have everything firgured out. Continue the fight and keep looking forward.

Long snapper is cleared to play. We signed a punter.

We can win this game but it will take a full effort by everyone.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Keep fighting EO. Stay positive. Prayers for you my friend.

Legend
Legend
Go Eo!!!! Go Browns!!!!! Praying for you brother.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Fight the good fight Brother !

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
I'm a little late ....but...can someone tell me what EO is dealing with?

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
M
Legend
Legend
M
Stay positive. Soak up the love and good karma from your family and Browns family. Prayers for you.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I saw a team still struggling to bring it all together, while playing one of the best D's in football. Good win, even if it was ugly. Goes a long way toward building the confidence we need to when the last four!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I saw a offense that went down the field to score because the Ravens defense helped them.. I saw a second half failure by the offense ! thank you Defense !!

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted by DeisleDawg
I saw a offense that went down the field to score because the Ravens defense helped them.. I saw a second half failure by the offense ! thank you Defense !!

Thank you defense? What game were you watching? They let a back up bring them back from three scores down. Many teams go down the field with the help of PI, it is part of the game.

What I saw was a team that looked motivated, unlike many of the games this year, including the last Ravens game, and the Steeler game.
I saw a defense squander a huge lead, but make the plays at the end when needed.

I saw us beat the Ravens at home and keep our chances alive, without some key players.

I had to listen to two announcers make every excuse in the world why Baltimore was losing, never once mentioning how many of the Browns players were out also. Trent Green saying Landry should have been called for OPI, when the reason he was holding on to the DB, was because he was shoving him to the ground.

I also want to add, that they cleaned up the false starts and holding penalties.

Time to make the playoff push.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian

Thank you defense? What game were you watching? They let a back up bring them back from three scores down.

Maybe a different game.. idk.. but if Clowney doesn't get that great sack..not sure how the game ends,,, see ,the first half penalties by the Ravens gave the Browns scoring opportunities
, they wouldn't of have if the Ravens didn't make penalties.

You really think the Browns march down the field and score if the Ravens didn't have those penalties ?

How many points did the Browns put up in the second half ?

Again ! a back up QB almost beat us !

Legend
Legend
You're not taking into account that there's a good chance those passes would have been caught if it weren't for the interference.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted by jfanent
You're not taking into account that there's a good chance those passes would have been caught if it weren't for the interference.

Because it is easier to bash the Browns, then it is to put into perspective what actually happened.

Teams win all the time from getting a needed first down, or excellent field position from PI calls. It just seems that many here, act as if it never happens. I mean, how many games have we lost because a PI is called giving the opposing team a first down at a crucial time, or a long gain that hurt us. I mentioned it above, but Rothlisberger and the Steelers actually used this to their advantage for years. I heard Ben talking on the radio years back, actually saying it was part of what they do.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S

Thank you defense? What game were you watching? They let a back up bring them back from three scores down.

Maybe a different game.. idk.. but if Clowney doesn't get that great sack..not sure how the game ends,,, see ,the first half penalties by the Ravens gave the Browns scoring opportunities

You really think the Browns march down the field and score if the Ravens didn't have those penalties ?

How many points did the Browns put up in the second half ?

Again ! a back up QB almost beat us !

How many points did the defense give up in the second half? It works both ways. But like I said, unlike many times before, they DID, get the stop when they needed to.

1 member likes this: mgh888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Andrews had 11 catches for 115 yards

T
Legend
Legend
T

Oh my gosh: How can you not give credit /see for the Browns players, who put the Ravens' defensive players in a position where they had no choice but to commit those penalties because it was the only way to stop the Browns offense.

Everybody wants to act like penalties are a one sided thing based souly on the effort of the player who commits the penalty.
Often times it's Not. Because, The opposing team, (the one not commiting the penalty) forces players into commiting penalties or else giving up huge plays, and other times, Referees just start making up penalties for whatever agenda of make up call stuff the referees are trying to do.
FOR INSTANCE, I'm sure, the Refs did not want to see Baltimore have to start after a punt on their own 1 yard line,
that wouldn't help the game be close enough for the tv producers to get all their advertising money in the 4th quarter,
So they threw a flag on the long snapper from the punt??? the first penalty against Huglett in prolly 500 years.
Huglett didn't do anything wrong, I dont' believe he did,
I believe, the refs wanted to do something, so thei-ur Be-wuv-dd Wayvuns, wouldn't have to start a drive on their own 1 yard line.

The opposing team is an obstacle
the Turf and field conditions and weather is an obstacle
and the Refs themselves are also an obstacle. Penalties are not always a one player who commited them problem.

The Browns did well in the first quarter to force the ravens 4th string defenders into those penalties. So the Browns offense deserves credit for forcing those scoreing drives early in the game.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
F
Legend
Legend
F
It's like we have 2 game plans, 1 for the first half one for the second half, but neither is predicated on anything the opponent is doing.

I firmly believe that you keep doing what you're doing until they prove they can stop it, don't change for the sake of "mixing it up"

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
I made it...no hospital. I lost 5 lbs iinstead of gained so avoided that mess.

I saw a QB almost come back and beat us. Ravens could be dangerous with somebody who can throw the ball. Kid ran well he's a QB to look at

I saw a defense play great.

JOK is the guy to mirror Lamar and he almost broke his ankle as he dove to tackle him and got that ankle under his body to put him out of the game. But we kept him under check and shut down their run game. I saw Clowney take his frustration out on the back up QB who played well until CLowney beheaded him.

Chubb not looking well and Hunt got hurt early on and out...so much for seeing both out there. Baker was good until he went and threw that pass to the defender for an INT there was something wrong in the mind set of what he expected as he was expecting something totallly different than what Landry was doing!! Our defense kept it to a minimum. I said it before the game anything inside the 50 can be 3 with Tucker kicking. Was this the same Colquitt punting that we had before the Scottish Hammer? Dernest Johnson looked good with the few touches he had. Chubb's vision is betraying him I think as his cuts seem to be in the wrong direction. We seemed to have the outside in the run game. I think we need new WRs as well as TEs - Hooper starts out the game with a drop. He gets a lot of money for the little he does. As you watch Andrews from the otherside dragging 2-3 defenders. Why do we not have a beast like that. OK does not win championships we need studs!

Our screen pass are so good. Teller trying to get pancakes end up getting HOLDS as he throws down a defender here or there!!! You can't THROW a defender as they will call holding everytime! Just stop it!

Our DL with JOK and then our DBs is excellent as they played great all day long!

Thanks and what did you all see?

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Legend
Legend
Good point about JOK. He’s done his job to a T in both Baltimore games. He’s nearly a Lamar mitigator. If he stays healthy, he’s surely an All Pro type player

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
It was a strange game.

The first half was a defensive clinic. And on offense we were efficient. We showed different looks on offense. We threw on first downs.

The second half it appeared that Stefanski wanted to play conservative and try to take the game over with the run.
We went back to running on first downs. That played right into the defense of the Ravens. We got stopped.

In the fourth quarter we could have put them away with some first downs. We were unable to do that.
We got back into third and longs and ended up punting.

Stefanski has that gene in him to get conservative late in games. I don't like it.

Playing the Ravens yesterday you have to continue to go after their weakness which was secondary coverage.

Myles made that big play which ended being the winner. At the same time Clowney was a monster the whole game. He comes down the line to make tackles on runners better than anybody playing. He is long and fast.
Takk also made some plays.

Ward has been outstanding this year. He is a all pro corner.

It is very disappointing to miss 40 yard field goals. Knowing Justin Tucker makes 50 yarders look simple.

He has won so many games for the Ravens I have lost count. We damn near gave him the chance to win another.
That play can not be allowed to happen. If you are in the front line on a on side kick attempt. You must be aware of the ball. You can not put your head down looking to make a block.

I do not need that heartburn.

A ugly win counts the same as winning by four scores.

Back to the mindset of 1-0.

Legend
Legend
I saw a Win. A win against a divisional rival that leave us with just one to go to clinch at least splitting with every team in the division.

I saw a hard fought, UGLY win.

I saw our defense is on fire and playing great ball, though they were still made to look silly at times by a UDFA backup. I half expected that as it seems coaches lose their sense when a backup goes in and they don't know how to defend him. I was yelling at the TV for them to keep defending like he's Lamar, but we lost discipline and rushed crazy and gave up large gaps for him to scramble through. The kid is dangerous when he has some open ground to work with.

I saw our offense continue to get bailed out by our defense. I love the 'W', but this offense is broken and we are winning despite it. If we make the playoffs, we will not make it past the first round with this offense. Hopefully, the woes are 90% the Ravens Defense and a change of opponent changes our fortunes on that side of the ball, but I don't believe that will happen.

I saw Baker throw a ball to Landry, but then Landry cut back to the outside and the ball went to a defender.

I saw Hudson look decent enough at times, but he is SLOW. For as many times as I didn't notice him, I saw a defender get upfield and past him literally like he had cement feet. He was moving two gears slower than whomever he faced.

I saw Hance filling the role of TE and it was clearly not a great thing. We ran the ball better, and I think it definitely helped in that regard, but the insistence on running a TE-heavy offense when we don't have 3-TEs should worry everyone.

I saw Landry run a 7 yard route when we needed 10 or 11, and on that same play I saw what appeared to be absolutely no other receiver out in any route... completely devoid of receivers beyond Landry on the right half of the field; and Baker was still getting pressured enough that he had to try to get it to Landry while running for his life. How do you have a passing play with so few receivers out and still give up pressure that quickly while also completely failing to execute your double-covered route at least to the yardage you need to get a 1st down?

It feels like we live out of a Max-Protext look and then wonder why we can't get any offense going.
I don't have the All-22, and even if I did, I don't have the time, but it feels like our offense is just fundamentally broken.

I saw Stefanski continue his love affair with the clock while also being completely unable to execute his offense. If you can't execute a conservative ball-control drive that eats the clock - and we haven't been able to for much of this season, then get aggressive and go for points, clock be damned! If you're going to have to rely on the defense anyway, then you may as well make it easier on them. This philosophical aversion to scoring is maddening when it is insistently used despite us being unable to execute it. This offense has gone into a shell and it isn't all on the players, and it simply is NOT going to cut it in January.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I've seen a whole lot of negative after beating the team in first place in our division.. the argument has always been that we beat the bad teams but can't beat the playoff caliber teams.. we beat a playoff team and now it "wasn't pretty enough"... Sure, there are some things to complain about that we should have done different but if you just read this board and social media you would almost certainly feel like we lost by 2 touchdowns.

Every article I've read has gone into detail about how Lamar got hurt.. I don't care. Huntley did more in 2 1/2 quarters against this defense than Lamar did in 5 1/2 quarters..

I saw us make a change from 2 weeks ago to a quick strike passing attack on early downs, it worked and it kept their defense off balance. Then we stopped doing it.

I saw our defense continue to shine and make plays... until late in the game when we forgot to cover Andrews, their one legit pass catching playmaker.. on 4th and 11, down in the red zone, a couple other crucial downs... it's like we just forgot to cover him...

We were without our long snapper and our punter but they were certainly not our problem on special teams.. Felton dropped 2 punts, lucky to get back on both of them... missed yet another makeable FG... then the bonehead play of being totally unaware of the ball on the onside kick.. kudos to Natson for the heads up play of getting his foot out of bounds on the kickoff that was bounding around.

Seen a lot about the PI calls, the one on the Landry play was the only really bad call... Landry was dragging him to the ground and I was sure that was going to be PI against us.. so I'll take it. We've been burned the same way before so it's about time we got one. And that's what happens when you push the ball down the field, sometimes you get completions, sometimes you get the favorable PI call..

I'm sure that like most of you, I had a vision of Tucker lining up a 57 yard FG with :04 on the clock.. fortunately it never came to that.

yebat' Putin
3 members like this: AZBrown, Hammer, mgh888
O
Legend
Legend
O
A win is a win. It was a little ugly near the end, but a win is a win, and we won against the top of our division. Big, happy thumbs up to that.

Defense was excellent, and the reason we won. They pulled more than their fair share in getting us to a W, even chipping in points. I can't criticize too hard, but I gotta point out that our ability to make backup QBs look amazing has transcended all of the player purges, scheme and coaching/regime changes. I don't get it. Still, like I said I'm not criticizing the D after that performance. Wu is a GEM. Dude has been killing it since 'go' out there when he's on the field and got a lot of love from the talking heads. Myles is Myles. I wanted to withhold judgement on his comments about focus in practice this week until I saw how they came out. D, for their part, was ferocious and the playmakers PLAYED (Myles, Clowney, Wu, Ward all with great plays to seal the win and throughout the game).

Offense was... fine. The Ravens obviously came out with the same gameplan to stop Chubb. It also helps that they're very good at doing that. Overall, the offense did better. It was an improvement on what we were seeing out there the past few games... so I'll take it. Baker finally got Landry into the endzone, which feels good. Baker and DPJ got something going which is what this offense needs.

I'm getting worried about Hunt. He obviously wants to, but he's having trouble staying in the game. This is not what is supposed to happen with him and Chubb spelling each other.

Punter did well. Big shout-out to him coming through in a tough situation. Similarly, gotta give some credit/respect to Huntley. Dude came into a horrible situation and played better than I think anyone thought he would. I was pissed at the time when he made almost our entire defense look silly on that run, but we won so I don't feel bad at all at giving him some kudos.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't mind KS getting conservative. We are who we are (a running team). The most important thing is a win, and our running game (usually) is our ticket to the offense staying on the field. My issue is that he sometimes moves away from things that are working, or tries to get back to things that weren't working.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I saw a kid pulled up from the practice squad make a real heads up play on a kickoff and save us 37 yards of field position.

Natson stepping out of bounds on that kick they tried to bury us on was great.

1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend
I'm getting worried about Hunt. He obviously wants to, but he's having trouble staying in the game.

That was a pretty vicious shot to the knee that he took. I didn't think you were allowed to do that.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
What I saw...

1- EO hanging strong! thumbsup

2- The Superbowl contending Browns in the first half! thumbsup

3- The other Browns who can't seem to get anything done.

Waiting to see which Browns show up next time.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
I'm getting worried about Hunt. He obviously wants to, but he's having trouble staying in the game.

That was a pretty vicious shot to the knee that he took. I didn't think you were allowed to do that.

I thought the same thing when I saw the replay in game.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
What I saw was a player up there on an onside kick who had no idea where the ball was...he better not be there again. dumbest thing I've seen in football.

What I saw was a team who has lost their RUN GAME...remember Great defense big lead and then our run attack...well all are ready to blame Baker...what about our Run game???

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by eotab
What I saw was a player up there on an onside kick who had no idea where the ball was...he better not be there again. dumbest thing I've seen in football.

Agreed.

I also saw a very smart play by Natson on a kick return, getting us the ball on the 40.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: eotab
Legend
Legend
Shows what I know. I was screaming at Natson, wondering what the .... heck .... he was doing.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I can't understand why we went from a pretty decent O that could move the ball to what we have now. Could it be the DC have caught up to us and we haven't adjusted? We do have the same personnel so it's not that.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
PPE, according to pff Hudson took 35 pass drop back snaps and he gave up 2 pressures and 0 sacks. So his feet must not be too cementy. If I am thinking of the right guy, Hudson was a uc tackle who switched to offense the last couple of years of college. Very inexperienced and in need of development. We had wills and Conklin with no intention of Hudson seeing the field. Now he has to and I thought he held his own.

I do think Hudson will replace Conklin at rt for the browns but I think the browns hoped it would be after next season not right now.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I can't understand why we went from a pretty decent O that could move the ball to what we have now. Could it be the DC have caught up to us and we haven't adjusted? We do have the same personnel so it's not that.

Many of the personnel are the same...but they aren't the same players. Landry is a year older and has been fighting through injuries...Higgins is back at his vacation home in the dog house and not seeing much action -more like MIA anyway when he does play. Hooper is serviceable...just like last year. Bryant has been less visible than I remember and Njoku is a bit of a tease...still. DPJ is better than last year (I believe) but hasn't been as available. Chubb and Hunt have missed games and/or played dinged up...Wills is in the midst of a Sophomore slump (probably still dealing with the ankle injury) and RT has been a revolving door of personnel. Baker is injured and has been inconsistent. KS is being very, very conservative...playing not to lose.

We saw last year that we needed a deep threat to keep the D's honest...and that threat still hasn't yet emerged. While many of the players are the same as last year, we aren't the same team...it happens. Getting it straightened out is the trick. (I know you know that.)

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I also saw the coach call that out during the post game locker room bit.

E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog

Our Offense is completely reliant on our Run Game. Off of the run game is the pass game predicated on play action passing.

Our las two games have been against the Ravens who I guess is who they say they are...the best run stopping team in the NFL. Let us see what we can do against the Raiders although who knows about our OL due to Covid stuff but can we get a run game going again regardless who is in as I heard rumors about Baker having Covid, just came to the board and our website didn't reveal anything????

But Baker or no Baker if our run game is there and we got a Championship defense like we showed the last two weeks vs the Ravens great. It should be enough to have us in this game and more than a good shot at winning!!!

Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Ravens 22 What I saw Ravens game #2

Link Copied to Clipboard