Next Thread
Print Thread
#1910900 12/14/21 03:15 PM
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Looks like the Browns made a couple of roster moves, but the ones who suit up will be mostly healthy. (Jamarcus Bradley is back on the P.S.)
Coach should have a good game plan.
Protect this House!!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We aint beating the Raiders with 6 or more starters out.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Speaking of the Raiders what would anyone think of us trying to get Carr here? That is if our FO gives up on Baker. I'm not saying we should it's just a thought.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Not happening. We will be without our best lineman and our LT, plus who knows who else. This season was just not meant to be.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
Speaking of the Raiders what would anyone think of us trying to get Carr here? That is if our FO gives up on Baker. I'm not saying we should it's just a thought.

Carr is not elite, but he is MUCH better than Baker. I would make the trade.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Harrison Bryant is Back, and Jamarcus Bradley is back, and; NEITHER of those players do I have confidence in the coach Stefanski to rightfully AvoiD giving them the ball enough to result in a win.
I mean, Neither player do I think give the Browns a better chance to win, than the public option, when they get the ball a lot.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Legend
Legend
O
If you subscribe to the theory that Stefanski neuters his gunslinger QBs, then that probably wouldn't be a smart move.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
Not happening. We will be without our best lineman and our LT, plus who knows who else. This season was just not meant to be.
Can you name who IS going to play for the Browns this week? Well, lets' see.
OL Micheal Dunn, is going to be healthy and play. " Love me some Micheal Dunn" KS, I heard him say it on a building the browns tv show.

Blake Hance, huh! is going to be playing RT? yep.
Bitonio? Joel Bitonio, is Bitonio playing?

JC Tretter is going to be playing? Yeah!!! So the O-Line is going to be, " Ready to Run!"

Pass Protection, eh may be in trouble, going to have to get rid of the ball quickly with your quarterback.

So Uhh, Run the ball 60 times and only pass it twice, and Win the Game!!!
D'Ernest, Johnson up the middle. thumbsup Nick Chubb, Up the middle. thumbsup Baker Mayfield, Up the middle. thumbsup Run right over center, 4 yards a pop.
and if , Jarvis Landry is going to be out, well, must mean the raiders were scared to face him, well, Rashard Higgins! Hollywood, is healthy last I heard! thumbsup Is Donovan Peoples Jones playing? I don't think the raiders can stop Donovan Peoples Jones, if the Browns get the ball to him. thumbsup
What I don't think, I don't think Jamarcus Bradley, or Harrison Bryant have been yet the main things to win games, but they may need to make some CONTRIBUTING plays. But if the Browns can get the ball to Higgins, and Peoples Jones, in the clutch, the Browns can win this game. (They need an Earle Bruce 1986 offensive game plan, beat them on the last play of the game.)

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Of course,
Because Technically!
the players who will be out, won't be "starters" for that game. But Look on the BRIGHT SIDE

The Players who Will start, will have "fresh legs" !!!!!

D
Legend
Legend
D
Offensive line substitutions will force a run-heavy, short passes game plan, I think. Lots of Chubb and D'Ernest, and lots of 3-step-drop slants, outs, flat passes, and screen passes. Hoping Njoku will be available to try a couple deep seam routes with. We need McLaughlin to be clutch Saturday, and we need another heroic effort from the Defense. I can see a 20-13, 20-17 type win. I choose to remain optimistic.

1 member likes this: mamuhmia
Legend
Legend
run, pass, matriculate the ball down the field, get points when possible, stop the run, pressure Carr, create turnovers, avoid mental mistakes.

y'know... football.

If one Raider could get a fake covid scare and have to sit, can it please be Darren Waller, we suck at covering good TEs.

yebat' Putin
L
Legend
Legend
L
We’ve come this far Dave, no sense throwing in the towel now.

We could use a couple more strip-sack, scoop and scores from MG.

DPJ and that kid we just re-signed - #84 - will need to GTF open and make some plays. But yeah, quick throws to keep their DL out of Bake’s face, and hopefully Kareem will be back. Although with out depleted OL, does he want to?

Let us pray.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Dave
Offensive line substitutions will force a run-heavy, short passes game plan, I think. Lots of Chubb and D'Ernest, and lots of 3-step-drop slants, outs, flat passes, and screen passes. Hoping Njoku will be available to try a couple deep seam routes with. We need McLaughlin to be clutch Saturday, and we need another heroic effort from the Defense. I can see a 20-13, 20-17 type win. I choose to remain optimistic.

Obviously the Oline losses will hurt. We've seen how our offense is hampered when we have to dig deep into our depth at BOTH tackle positions.

But aside from that, how have the strengths of our team been impacted? We still have Garrett and Clowney, we still have the same secondary minus Hill (Greedy will bounce back from last week, I think), and we still have Wu and Philips. We still have Chubb and Johnson (but probably not Hunt, but we haven't really had him back for a couple weeks now). We lose Landry, which sucks big time... but our passing game has been sucking anyways so... how much of an impact is that, really?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Wills & Teller on the covid list.
Bitonio & Tretter on the injury report.

This could be SPECIAL.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, this is uglky. crazy

Yeah, there is what looks like a typo, but really it's just an amplified version of the word ugly. banghead

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I'd go with Euuwwwgly. mad

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
I do Not (yet) have confidence in Jamarcus Bradley.
(^changed to be nice)

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Lol... so we have that going for us, I guess.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

He may want to also manage the clock more efficiently... not call TO's with a minute left in the half when you're creeping up on the opponents goal line. The stupid TO allowed Pitt to score a FG before the half. Much dumber than the challenge.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
3 members like this: mgh888, savagedawgs, OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
Suppose we hand him to Van Pelt. I liked the game he called for Keenum. Hope Hollywood is ready to go and we get some more bodies back. Shorter week arranged by the NFL is no help. Woods better be dialed in.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
S
1st String
1st String
S
Thats hilarious smile

O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh jeez... I didn't see it at first.

That's the kind of attitude we need for this game.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Rumor has it that's much better than a semi Chubb.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Let's try and look at this from a different perspective. We're going to have back-ups starting and totally new guys that haven't played before. They're all out to prove that they belong. We should see there best effort at least and some may surprise. They should want to show what they can do.

1 member likes this: Hammer
Legend
Legend
I didn't check under the hood. Scrolling down, well, I can imagine the excitement and enthusiasm. Missed it at first. Brilliant that! rofl

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
M
Legend
Legend
M
General question .... Seems like we've truly struggled to establish the run when Conklin or teller hasn't been in the starting line up. Moreso than I think most would expect or imagine. Is that because of the zone blocking scheme ? Is that much more nuanced and challenging for back ups? Is it simply our back ups are not good ? I know some of it was Baker being injured and not playing well ... But I believe it's more than "8 men in the box" and I don't want to degenerate into a Baker topic

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We need to forget about analytics. We need some school yard attitude. We need to adjust play by play. See who is doing well and who isnt and adjust accordingly all game. This cant be game planning as if we have a full intact team. We need to fly by the seat of our pants all day to have any kind of chance.

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Still not sure who we are going to have available but I disagree. If we are playing with a bunch of guys who aren't used to playing, they need to know what to expect, they need a plan they can function within. Putting a bunch of guys out there who aren't used to playing as much, aren't used to playing together, don't know the full depth of the playbook, and "winging it" seems like a recipe for disaster to me.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
Legend
O
D needs to have been saving its best game for today. Open up a can o' whoopass on their O and our run game needs to get back on track. Screen game reemerging could also help.

Takk needs to have a big game. Our D starts with our line, and Clowney out means they'll be keying on Garrett. More big plays from Wu.

If there was ever a game where our O just needs to find something that works and lean on that, it's this one. One part of me fears we come out with a gameplan that calls for Mullins to light them up... but the other part is saying "F it... throw everything and the kitchen sink at them". Playoffs started when we came out from the bye.

-PrplPplEater
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I wonder if we do what NE did against the Bills a couple weeks ago...And just continually run the ball.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Raiders 16 Beating the Raiders

Link Copied to Clipboard