Print Thread
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
This one worries me the most.....

Myles Garrett injured his groin in Monday night’s loss to the Raiders. He gutted it out, playing 60 of 69 defensive snaps, and said afterward “you’re going to have to kill me to take me off that field.”

“Myles has a groin injury,’’ Browns coach Kevin Stefanski confirmed Tuesday, via Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com. “I still have results pending on that one.’’

The problem for Garrett is the Raiders game was postponed two days, making for a short week this week. The Browns play again Christmas Day.

While Garrett vowed to play no matter what, Stefanski is uncertain about Garrett’s status for the game against the Packers.

“I just don’t know,’’ Stefanski said. “Still have more info coming in.’’

The Browns need their best defensive player more than ever with Takk McKinley out for the season with a ruptured left Achilles and with Jadeveon Clowney still on the COVID-19 reserve list.

“Losing Takk is very unfortunate,’’ Stefanski said. “He’s been giving us some really good reps and production. There’s some uncertainty with Jadeveon, with Myles. We’ll see how that goes throughout the week. We obviously are always looking to apply pressure to the quarterback, and those guys have done a nice job. We’ll see who’s available to us and come up with a plan based on people that are available.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...status-for-christmas-day-game-uncertain/

He certainly appeared to be in a lot of pain and it noticeably impacted his ability on the field. I said in another thread it appeared to be a groin injury.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I would rest all the starters this week or as many as possible. This game means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Get everyone back and healthy as possible for final 2 games.

Rest them up and use 2 weeks to game plan for Pittsburgh the following week. Win the upcoming divisional games and there is fairly good chance of still winning the division at 9-8.

Legend
Legend
That sucks. I had groin issues off and on through high school soccer and it's one of those things that never quite goes away until you can just rest it for a while. It doesn't hurt you as much to run straight line but starting, stopping, twisting, pivoting, all can be very painful... and the longer the game goes on, typically the more it hurts.

yebat' Putin
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
That's one sports injury I was lucky enough to have avoided. But I had teammates that suffered from a groin injury. I certainly won't compare Myles to any of them from a severity standpoint. The Browns have resources, a medical staff and treatments now that we would have never dreamed of in the 1970's. The one thing I do now is the worse the injury becomes the longer it takes to get game ready and be able to perform. And it looked pretty bad at the end of the game.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
The Conspiracy thinker in me often thought, "with the 17 game season, the union and league got together and ageed every player on the team would secretly choose one game not to play, and nobody would talk about it."
Now, every time that thought would pop up, I'd think, OH! Myles Garret has still played in every game, he may be about the only one, except, Tretter, (who may have missed a game around the Bears or Texans game timeline).

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
That sucks. I had groin issues off and on through high school soccer and it's one of those things that never quite goes away until you can just rest it for a while. It doesn't hurt you as much to run straight line but starting, stopping, twisting, pivoting, all can be very painful... and the longer the game goes on, typically the more it hurts.

You could see that in the Game vs the Raiders. I questioned what the hell use it was to have MG out there and potentially hurt himself more ... you could see any change in direction, anything not in a straight line and he was in pain and totally ineffective. If he plays - maybe he just needs to switch to DT for the game and simply try to collapse the pocket head on? Playing him at DE is only going to either get him hurt again/worse - or simply see QB's and B's run around him with ease.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Our only shot is to win the division. Forget the wildcard.

I am sure that somehow a loss to GB might hurt in winning the division, but the odds seem very slim.

Win the two remaining division contests and hope the right teams lose to the right teams, which seems possible, we take the division crown.

I would deem Garrett out against GB and hope he comes back good enough the last two games to make a difference.

That seems to be the ticket, so I want to be able to put all my chips on those two games.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
No Clowney, Myles, or Takk. Rogers is going to feast. I also got the feeling they will run the ball a lot just to open up the bombs.

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Steubenvillian
No Clowney, Myles, or Takk. Rogers is going to feast. I also got the feeling they will run the ball a lot just to open up the bombs.

That's ok. I would sit Baker and Chubb as well.

It's a 2 game season for us, and this game isn't one of them.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 22 Packers 24 Myles Garrett’s status for Christmas Day game uncertain

Link Copied to Clipboard