Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
Chubb should have carried 30 times,,, Johnson another 10 or so times
This year, Chubb averages less than 18 touches per game when Hunt is also playing. When Hunt has been out, Chubb's touches go up less than 1 touch per game.

Now I'm a proponent of looking for opportunities to limit him so he is fresher and healthier through the season and to prolong his career. I also believe D Johnson is a very capable RB... but how Stefanski goes into crunch time of games, or watches his team struggle to move the ball, and is so committed to his own plan that he leaves his best and most consistent offensive weapon on the bench will forever remain a mystery to me.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
but im now convinced he didnt play chubb because he values chubb for more than baker.
I'd believe that if this hadn't happened repeatedly throughout his tenure here where Chubb disappears for long stretches of games and never sees the field at crunch time.

yebat' Putin
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Matt Vrabel shows a ton of emotion.

Almost as much as Mike! grin

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Matt Vrabel shows a ton of emotion.

Almost as much as Mike! grin

😐

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dave
You won't catch Kevin Stefanski biting off any kneecaps, but a little emotion every now and then wouldn't hurt.

Wondering if Bill Belichick has any hoodies he could hand down to Kevin

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
yall need to stop making garbage up from your overly active imagination, like coach doesn’t have confidence that baker can lead this team or coach values Chubb more than he values baker. Just pure bologna. You do not know that nor does anyone else.

And yall may be tired of hearing about baker’s injuries, but it only takes about half a brain to see that the injuries + the harness has impacted his ability to make strong accurate throws. Not being able to make the throws he is used to making has resulting in hesitation and bad decision making. As a result his confidence is shot. He has always been a confident/cocky guy and suddenly being devoid of that has really impacted his play.

There is only one difference between baker this season and baker last season and that is the injuries. If yall Watch some of the games from last year and then watch the Steelers game. The difference is night and day. A healthy baker will be under center for the browns next year and yall will be eating crow till you puke.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Hey yall. How's your boy Lamar looking these days?

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Did we solidify the 4th place schedule for next year? That would mean we’d play: Jax, Den, NYG

If the Browns beat the Bengals JV squad and the Ravens lose to the Steelers, the Browns will finish third in the division.

Bengals still have a chance at #1 seed, why would they rest their starters?

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
Man, I love the world we live in that everything is twisted and contorted with handcrafted headlines for extra clicks. Did Baker say anything about last night's game plan? "Publicly criticizing Stafanski's game-plan, lol, gmab. He was speaking about the frustration over the course of an entire season. He said nothing that wasn't 100% accurate and clear as a bell to anyone that has ever watched at least one game of football. This is a man's game. Big-boy pants required. If anything from those comments would lead a coach to "wanting a divorce", then the coach should probably go look for different work as well. Watch the tape!

It's the Cleveland way man. It's exactly like the British tabloids. Build a celebrity or sports star up - and bring them down hard any time with contrived controversy. It's bad enough sticking with how badly Baker has played and wondering what the hell is going on with the team, his play the coaching and play calling ... adding the manipulation and contrived BS is just too damn much.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Squires
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Did we solidify the 4th place schedule for next year? That would mean we’d play: Jax, Den, NYG

If the Browns beat the Bengals JV squad and the Ravens lose to the Steelers, the Browns will finish third in the division.

Bengals still have a chance at #1 seed, why would they rest their starters?

Sure they could play their starters and possibly they will. My guess is they see there is a greater risk of injury to a key player than having the likelihood of the Titans losing to the Texans and the Chiefs losing to the Broncos pan out which would be necessary to happen to clinch the #1 seed.

Legend
Legend
Stefanski is dogmatic about his system and packages to a fault., and karma is gonna run over his dogma. Our TE's are nothing to rave about, but we will go 3-TE sets all day long and struggle to get them or the one WR the ball, but we'll have Chubb sit on the sideline. Defenses will stack the box, but we won't do much of anything to try to get them out of it... we'll just ride the same ol' same ol'. Pull Sweep Left. Run Right. Schwartz runs a circle around a TE. False start. Even when he does call something, then this offense fails to execute it. Coach and GM do nothing about the fact we don't have a RT; it's like they don't even notice.

It's a Greek Comedy.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Hammer
Hey yall. How's your boy Lamar looking these days?

Not getting the point of this

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Wheres Eotabs what I saw thread. The refs called a good game so.I.guess he has nothing
To cry about.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Bro, for the last time, lay off EO. You know he's sick, right? What the hell is wrong with you? Dude is fighting to survive, and you are throwing shade over stupid crap. Just stop.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/05/22 09:39 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
8 members like this: sk8termom, Ballpeen, EveDawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just getting to the thread and have not read prior comments. Game was on my birthday and a good friend is a steelers fan with season tickets so I went to the game. Here are my thoughts:

1, great seats, great view.
2, dang, it was cold. Thankful they are club seats!
3, if any of you are interested in buying those tickets, PM next year when the schedule comes out.

Now for the game itself.

4, Baker got hit, a lot. He never had a clean pocket.

5, It is crazy how predictable the plays are. We break huddle, go to the line and at that point 95% of the time I can tell if it is going to be a pass play or a run. And the runs, were telegraphed as to whether they were going center to left or center to right. I could predict that about 80% of the time.

6, When we telegraphed that we were passing, Pittsburgh just tee'd off on the Baker.

7, I don't know what it looked like on tv, but the receivers were rarely open. I don't know if they are slow or don't run hard.

8, So many of the passing plays reminded me of the Pat Shurmur offense. A big complaint I had about the Shurmur offense was that 4-5 receivers would go out in routes, they would run them 7-10 yards turn around and just sort of malinger.

9. When we did send someone deep, they would be on the left side of the field but they had Baker role right. I saw the Wr wide open 40 yards down field, but Baker was rolling away from him being chased by steelers. No way could he have made that throw. I don't think Josh Allen has a strong enough arm to make that throw without stopping to set his feet, and clearly if Baker tried to stop and set his feet he would get drilled before releasing it.

10, Baker is short. It is not surprising that he gets so many passes knocked down.

11, There was a surprising large number of fans wearing orange at the game. Every Browns fan except one acted with respect and was treated with respect. I saw one guy wearing a shirt that said Pittsburgh started it. I thought that was inappropriate. Wear it to the home game? I guess I am fine with it but to wear to Heinz field? Not a fan of it. perhaps I am an old fuddy duddy.

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
1 member likes this: sk8termom
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Bro, for the last time, lay off EO. You know he's sick, right? What the hell is wrong with you? Dude is fighting to survive, and you are throwing shade over stupid crap. Just stop.

Seriously, how low can you frickin' go?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Seriously, how low can you frickin' go?
So low that you can cry about someone not crying about something that you say they usually cry about.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Wheres Eotabs what I saw thread. The refs called a good game so.I.guess he has nothing
To cry about.

Leave eo alone! Regardless of your sarcasm, the man is a great fan of our team and has serious health issues.

Just go away.

Get well eo!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Having Chubb on the sidelines most of the game, and multiple times in other games, shows me Stephanski is hard set in his philosophy of using only certain players in certain situations.

I don't know. To me it feels like the season is over so why risk an injury on a guy who you just extended and is clearly a piece for the future. I don't think Chubb was injured, I think it is what Stefanski said because he didn't want to say "We're out of it, so why risk blowing out his knee?"

But maybe an injury report will say otherwise.

Edit: Actually, an injury report may not. We might be sitting a bunch of guys or claiming injury because Sunday means nothing except for possibly getting a higher draft pick.

100%... I don't think Baker should have started... he should have had surgery last week... sitting Chubb during the game didn't bother me that badly because I don't want him getting an injury in a reasonless game... personally I'd sit him, Garrett, and anyone else of substance next week...

<><

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Anybody that follows and supports the Browns has to be
A great fan considering the failures since 1999.
Nobody is worse or better than him in regarding fandom
I just asked where his what I.saw thread was
You guys take this opinion board too seriously
He is posting.again so.you can stop holding his hand.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Steelers 26 Post game thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard