Print Thread
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Arians made on-field contact with Buccaneers safety Andrew Adams

Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians was fined $50,000 after making contact with Tampa Bay safety Andrew Adams during the team's wild card win over the Eagles, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. Arians slapped Adams' helmet during Tampa Bay's 31-15 win on Sunday.

Arians defended his actions on Monday, saying that was trying to prevent Adams from committing a penalty. Arians apparently thought that Adams was going to try to pull Eagles players off the pile following a muffed punt by Philadelphia wideout Jalen Reagor.

"I've seen enough dumb," Arians said, via the Tampa Bay Times. "You can't pull guys out of out of pile. We just got a big play, great field position and he's trying to pull a guy out of the pile and I was trying to knock him off that guy so he didn't get a penalty."

Arians recently made headlines for his decision to release Antonio Brown during the Buccaneers' late-season win over the New York Jets. Brown, stating his ankle injury, said that he was too injured to enter the game, which led to his release. Arians said Brown alluded to his lack of involvement in the offense as his reasoning for not going back into the game, which led to Arians asking Brown to leave the sideline.

Distractions aside, Arians and the Buccaneers are three wins away from becoming the ninth team in NFL history to win back-to-back Super Bowls and the first since the 2003-04 Patriots. The Bucs will host the Rams this weekend in the NFL divisional round.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ng-wild-card-win-over-eagles-per-report/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
A
Legend
Legend
A
I know times have changed.

2 of our high school coaches used to yell and scream, and on game nights it was nothing to get hit. In the shoulder pads.

Parents complained. My parents asked me what I thought. I simply said "I'm not at risk of anything. They're hitting us in the shoulder, where we have pads." (keep in mind, these 'hits' were NOT punches, by any means, and they came after mess ups, missed plays, etc.)

1 member likes this: jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A Coach with real fire in the Belly , how scarry ! What a wimp society ..

2 members like this: FATE, AZBrown
D
Legend
Legend
D
I had a coach in high school who liked the facemask grab-and-twist. I hated that, but from him I put up with it. When our QB tried it in practice one day, I decked him. The laps I had to run were worth it.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by waterdawg
A Coach with real fire in the Belly , how scarry ! What a wimp society ..

I agree. What a horrible hit that was. Geez.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Striking? Look like a tap to me. This league is a joke. Just like when they threw a flag on the guy who sacked Ben and then looked at the Pitt sideline from almost midfield, then the next time we played them, Watt sacks Baker and stares him down and jaws at him , no flag. If that wasn't taunting, then what is?

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I go back to my days playing in high school as well. This is back in the mid-90's. I played for 2 head coaches, and while they were serious men (Mike Ditka/Bill Parcells no nonsense kinda guys), neither one of them or their staff members ever put a hand on us. Credit to them. I had a couple teachers take swipes at me when I got out of line. 7th grade in 1991 my science teacher was a Mr. Burns (Simpsons reference) type and he knocked me on the side of the head once. - Same year and the gym teacher did the same. Looking back, I guess I deserved both swipes. lol. In 10th grade the school basketball coach/health teacher allowed us to eat lunch in class and one time swiped mine off my desk and onto the floor. - Told me to "pick it up" I responded "you knocked it down there, you pick it up!" -- Ended up becoming a good relationship.

I didn't like what Arians did, but I don't think he set out to hit the guy either. Looks like he went to grab him and lost control of what he was trying to do. -- However, This is the sort of thing that can cause a major rift in a team. Imagine how the player feels. - Grown man getting knocked around like that. Not good. The Bucs do have a bit of nastiness to them so maybe I'm a little off base here. Either way, this is gonna be one heck of a game at 3 today.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Our head coach had a 1 3/4 inch wooden dowel rod about 36 inches long and painted in school colors that he called the spirit stick. He hit us with that thing all the time, all four years I was in high school. Finally, a year or so after I graduated, the parents had enough, and he was fired for exactly that. The same guy would have you doing push-ups, and if your butt got higher than your head, he would walk up and put his hand just below your helmet, on the back of your shoulder pads and push so hard and fast that it would face plant you. But his first choice for getting your undivided attention was a hard crack on the pads or helmet with that stick. Occasionally, he'd smack somebody's ass, or the back of their legs with it. Leaving marks (bruises) with that stick got him fired.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/23/22 02:41 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
L
Legend
Legend
L
And we’re elonly getting weaker, man. I saw that replay during the game and thought nothing of it. What a society of social justice warriors, pablum-puking weak-knees and hashtag heroes we are becoming.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: FATE
O
Legend
Legend
O
I'm actually kinda split on it.

I HIGHLY doubt that Arians uses this as his method of instilling discipline/keeping his guys in line. You don't remain a HC for as long as he has and have the sustained success he has without authentic leadership (leadership that doesn't rely on demeaning others). I don't think the tap on the head we saw in the videos was anything egregious, and I don't think it stands up to his body of work (doubt it's an indicator of his real coaching style).

But what the fine does do is tell everyone watching that that type of coaching isn't and shouldn't be tolerated. I do think there's some value in that... but if we go along those lines, I think it's ridiculous for the NFL to attempt to be some sort of moral beacon when you have rampant alcoholism rearing its head periodically in the coaching ranks... but when you have the taunting rules the NFL has and one of the loudest defenses of said taunting rule is that "kids look up to us"... well I guess this is what we're gonna get.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow ! right on man. Another " Man up soul " on the board.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2021 NFL Season NFL 2021 Post Season Bruce Arians fined $50,000 for striking Buccaneers player during wild card win over Eagles, per report

Link Copied to Clipboard