Legend
Legend
E
It was cute.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
I dont understand black peoples hair enough to descriminate against it.

Interestingly enough, that ignorance is exactly why others do discriminate against it.

It happens all the time.
In schools, they call it 'dress code violation,' even though it has nothing to do with clothing.
In corporate, they call it 'unprofessional.'

Then, in the world of sports, there's this:

Swimming caps for natural black hair ruled out of Olympic Games
This article is more than 8 months old
International Swimming Federation rejects use of Soul Cap, saying it does not ‘fit the natural form of the head’

Swimming caps designed for natural black hair created by a black-owned brand will not be allowed at the Olympics.

The hats, made by Soul Cap, which previously partnered with Alice Dearing, who last week qualified to become the first black female swimmer to represent Team GB at the Olympics, have been rejected by the International Swimming Federation (Fina).

The body said the caps did not fit “the natural form of the head” and to their “best knowledge the athletes competing at the international events never used, neither require … caps of such size and configuration”.

Danielle Obe, the founding member of the Black Swimming Association, told the Guardian the ruling underlined the inherent systemic and institutional inequalities around the sport. “We believe that it confirms a lack of diversity in (the sport),” she said. “Aquatic swimming must do better.”

The original swimming cap, designed by Speedo 50, was created to prevent Caucasian hair from flowing into the face when swimming. Obe said the caps did not work for afro hair, which “grows up and defies gravity”.

She said: “We need the space and the volume which products like the Soul Caps allow for. Inclusivity is realising that no one head shape is ‘normal’.”

While other swim caps for afro hair are available they are difficult to find, which, Obe said, created a sense of exclusion for members of the black and minority ethnic community.

“If I walked into my local health club, gym or leisure centre, could I readily pick up one of these (swim caps for afro hair)? No,” said Obe. “Can I walk into a general retail store like Asda, Tesco or Sports Direct and pick one up? No.”

According to the sport’s governing body, Swim England, only 2% of regular swimmers are black. It found 95% of black adults and 80% of black children in England do not swim. While 79% of Asian adults and 79% of Asian children do not swim, black children are three times more likely to drown than white children.

Obe believes a lack of appropriate products prevents members of the BAME community taking up swimming. “If the (official swimming bodies) are talking about representation, they need to speak to the communities to find out what the barriers are that are preventing us from engaging. Hair is a significant issue for our community.”

In response to Fina’s decision, the founders of Soul Cap, Toks Ahmed and Michael Chapman, released a statement on Instagram highlighting the issues around exclusion and the sport.

“For younger swimmers, feeling included and seeing yourself in a sport at a young age is crucial. Fina’s recent dismissal could discourage many younger athletes from pursuing the sport as they progress through local, county and national competitive swimming,” they wrote. They said they feared swimmers would have to “choose between the sport they love and their hair”.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ruled-out-of-olympic-games-alice-dearing

In a sport like competitive swimming, streamlining the profile is essential, just like speed skaters' skins. Wearing a cap like this would not be a competitive advantage. So I'd like to hear FINA's justification for the decision. I swam competitively in HS, and know the culture from the inside. It was not particularly welcoming. I submit that their decision was based on something else.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
E
Legend
Legend
E
I dont think its bad because I dont understand it. I just dont understand it because it works different than white peoples hair. I dig a lot of black people's hair styles. Its trendier than white people hair styles.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Thought this had to be fake…

Nope, it's just that old "no low is too low" republican charm.

Legend
Legend
This post doesn't surprise me in the least.

The next time that bimbo is right about something, it will be the first time she'll be right about anything.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
Legend
Legend
P
And yet again, hard core Trumpians don't care. They're still too obsessed with Hunter's laptop.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Legend
Legend
Republican Ohio Senate candidate calls opponent ‘p---y’ in near-altercation at debate

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republican-ohio-senate-candidate-calls-203000885.html

republicans are entertaining, for sure.

the problem is that politics shouldn't be entertaining.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
If you are looking for real comedy, just look at how the Democrats are running this Country.

Crime everywhere

Defund Law Enforcement

Open Southern Border during a Pandemic

Inflation

Gas Prices

Fentanyl Epidemic

Supply Chain still broken.

Leading from behind on every issue.

Lying about buying American while looking to Iranian and Venezuelan Dictators for oil but not American oil.

Allowing the Russians to negotiate with Iran for us over the Iranian Nuke deal.

Not even laughable but Pathetic!

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And yet again, hard core Trumpians don't care. They're still too obsessed with Hunter's laptop.

Well now that the lying National Media and Democrat Party have been exposed for falsely reporting Hunter's Laptop as Russian disinformation,
of course we are interested in finding the truth, it is what we do.

Now that Joe Biden’s president, the Times finally admits: Hunter’s laptop is real

First, the New York Times decides more than a year later that Hunter Biden’s business woes are worthy of a story. Then, deep in the piece, in passing, it notes that Hunter’s laptop is legitimate.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/17/the-times-finally-admits-hunter-bidens-laptop-is-real/

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Dude, you deflect better than Mike Pence at the VP debate.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You can keep with the Hear No, Speak No, See No, but the rest of America is opening its eyes to the truth.

Since we now know Hunter's laptop is legit, and what is in it is also legit, does it not occur to you what China may have on our President?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Yet every time someone brings up the truth about Trump you make up some wacko conspiracy theory to try and make excuses. He lost the election. Get over it. He's a habitual liar. Admit it. He kissed the ass of Russia and N. Korea for your years. Own it. And the list goes on and on and on......

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Wearing a cap like this would not be a competitive advantage. So I'd like to hear FINA's justification for the decision. I swam competitively in HS, and know the culture from the inside. It was not particularly welcoming. I submit that their decision was based on something else.
I didn't know what it looked like, though I could have guessed, so I looked it up and saw some images. There is absolutely zero chance this creates an advantage, in fact, it appears to be a disadvantage, more volume, more drag, than a person who can wear a traditional swim cap. If they have provided any justification for disallowing it, which I'm sure can be found, I would like to read it but there is a 99.9% chance I'm going to think it's all BS.

yebat' Putin
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
If you are looking for real comedy, just look at how the Democrats are running this Country.

Crime everywhere

Defund Law Enforcement

Open Southern Border during a Pandemic

Inflation

Gas Prices

Fentanyl Epidemic

Supply Chain still broken.

Leading from behind on every issue.

Lying about buying American while looking to Iranian and Venezuelan Dictators for oil but not American oil.

Allowing the Russians to negotiate with Iran for us over the Iranian Nuke deal.

Not even laughable but Pathetic!

Nobody needs a lesson on governing from the party of insurrection. That entire list is nowhere as bad as insurrection. You guys tried to overthrow the government. WTH were you thinking?

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
You can keep with the Hear No, Speak No, See No, but the rest of America is opening its eyes to the truth.

Since we now know Hunter's laptop is legit, and what is in it is also legit, does it not occur to you what China may have on our President?

Republican wokeness... lmao. You are a farce.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
[social:tweet]
[/social]

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

rofl He's a spokesman for an old people pain relief product! LMFAO

M
Legend
Legend
M

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

1. Swish posted a video about Josh Mandel making an undebatable ass out of himself.

2. You responded by blaming our current government for every tangibly bad thing going on in the world. I’m surprised you didn’t list banana Laffy Taffy to be honest.

3. That’s deflection.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
He expected you to follow his three monkeys logic and somehow end at Hunter Bad… That's the way they do over in the Q.

1 member likes this: dawglover05
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Just to be sure we keep it honest, the 13.6 billion was inside of a 1.5 trillion budget bill. It was not an independent "this is for Ukraine" bill.

So the guy who wrote the headline "This is how you write a headline to expose politicians operating in bad faith. Kudos to whoever wrote this at the @washingtonpost." Should reconsider "bad faith" initiatives.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
5 members like this: PitDAWG, FATE, oobernoober
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I would like to see an independent bill for situations like Ukraine out there. One, to not try to “get other things through” and two, it does allow for more transparency on how certain reps actually advocate when it comes to issues like that. For the life of me, I see people like Cawthorn and MTG and, for the life of me, I don’t get their fixation on putting down Ukraine. Is it really all because of Hunter?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

This is how you pollute Twitter with FAKE NEWS and expose your own bias... counting on the low IQ of your audience to believe your fake message. Kudos to you, Mr Klaas for spreading misinformation.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: EveDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, Ukraine was attacked by Russia. That has nothing to do with Hunter. It may however be a method not to upset the current party front runner to be the 2024 presidential nominee because he believes Putin over anyone else in our own government or intelligence community.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
MTG and Cawthorn are instances where it's really not in your best interest to try to get into their heads.

Best case scenario it's a fruitless waste of time.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: dawglover05
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Cowboys for Trump founder convicted of entering restricted U.S. Capitol grounds on January 6

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/couy-g...pzTTvPRbOTVjBUrjo6pKSlLPtFXj_GRRKFeVZg0w

Facing a possible two years.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FloridaFan

Just to be sure we keep it honest, the 13.6 billion was inside of a 1.5 trillion budget bill. It was not an independent "this is for Ukraine" bill.

So the guy who wrote the headline "This is how you write a headline to expose politicians operating in bad faith. Kudos to whoever wrote this at the @washingtonpost." Should reconsider "bad faith" initiatives.
Which is why they package all of this stuff together, it creates a win/win... either they get to pass through a bunch of stuff the other side would never vote for if it was brought up alone.... or they get talking points about how they voted against something that would be really popular.

I'm reminded of the time the media went after a congressman from Iowa who voted against a farm bill... like, how could somebody from Iowa do that? (of course he was a republican). Took me about 2 minutes to find the quote from him that he was voting against it because he didn't feel like it was enough and wanted it to fail so they could increase it....

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If a congressman wants to vote against one of these large combination bills, I am okay with that. But what I want to hear is what in that bill caused them to vote against it.

I have not heard one thing about this bill that would lend to voting against it except that it was proposed by the opposite party and would make them look good. Which is a vrappy reason in my mind. Do what's best for the country and the people of the county.

So will someone please tell me, and I am open and listening, what is this bill is the reason for voting against it?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Short of reading the entire bill, we'll never know. Just as congress doesn't know much. They ALL, dem's R's, I's put their pet spending amount in a bill. Just as someone pointed out, 13.6 billion is a minute fraction of the 1.5 trillion spending bill.

$13,600,000,000 compared to $1,500,000,000,000.

Had this bill been $13.6 billion for Ukraine, my guess is it would've passed near unanimously.

Legend
Legend
Apparently the GOP decided to just use the SC hearings to rant against the Dems. I’m guessing it’s because they already know she’s gonna be confirmed.

And that’s fine, everything has turned into theater. But damn, graham went a bit overboard with it. How do you tick yourself off so much you gotta leave the hearing? Lol jeez man, trump isn’t gonna claim you on his tax returns bro just stop it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Short of reading the entire bill, we'll never know. Just as congress doesn't know much. They ALL, dem's R's, I's put their pet spending amount in a bill. Just as someone pointed out, 13.6 billion is a minute fraction of the 1.5 trillion spending bill.

$13,600,000,000 compared to $1,500,000,000,000.

Had this bill been $13.6 billion for Ukraine, my guess is it would've passed near unanimously.

Unless someone can come up with one good reason to vote against it, I don't want to hear any defense of those who did.
Have the ones who voted against said anything? Not that I have heard.

Let's just be honest. They voted against because they don't want Biden and the Dems to get a win.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Fox News crushes CNN, MSNBC viewership combined for 32nd straight week
primetime lineup even outdrew networks airing NCAA Tournament

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-crushes-cnn-msnbc-viewership-combined-32nd-straight-week

Now we return you to your regularly scheduled debate

A
Legend
Legend
A
My understanding is they voted against it because they wanted more for Ukraine, and more than likely, less pork in the bill.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-crushes-cnn-msnbc-viewership-combined-32nd-straight-week

It's like big time wrestling, all the insurrectionists, racists, dimwits, and troglodytes tune in to see the depravity daily. Doesn't surprise me at all with 74 million of them being dumb enough to vote Trump for a second term.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Swish
Apparently the GOP decided to just use the SC hearings to rant against the Dems. I’m guessing it’s because they already know she’s gonna be confirmed.

And that’s fine, everything has turned into theater. But damn, graham went a bit overboard with it. How do you tick yourself off so much you gotta leave the hearing? Lol jeez man, trump isn’t gonna claim you on his tax returns bro just stop it.
I am glad he did. If you are honest with yourself, he spoke the truth.

Seriously, who care who goes to what church and how often they go? Who cares who took who to the HS dance? The last several confirmation hearings have been nothing but character smears.

I agree, we need to get away from that. I think Jackson sounded fine and is well qualified to sit on the court even if we may have political differences.

The mark of a good judge isn't what they say, it is what they do when seated. Time will tell if she or any other justice has some balance in their views or if they are simply political rubber stamps. If any branch of the government needs to be moderate, it is the courts. After all, that is what a judge is supposed to be, fair and impartial, especially to the political BS in this country.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M

Yes but in a few weeks you will be crying fake tears about the liberal media bias and cancel culture and all sorts of things, trying to play the victim and implying that conservative voices are being drowned out ... and yet Faux News which is a Trump Propaganda machine pumping out lies and whose own lawyers argued in court that viewers should never believe any "facts" that Faux tells it's viewers.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Cuckoo Republicans, what they have become pt.4

Link Copied to Clipboard