Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Last edited by Pdawg; 04/06/22 09:55 PM.

#gmstrong
Pdawg Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Oh man, that's horrible.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
That's terrible. Prayers for JOK and family/friends.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
That's just awful... feel so bad for him...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
That is horrible news.

I feel so sorry for JOK and his family. Given the way JOK conducts himself. I am sure his brother was a fine person as well.

That is a heavy loss to carry.

Legend
Legend
Sad news indeed.. My best to the family

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Browns LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah’s brother found dead in Virginia; police investigating it as a homicide

Updated: Apr. 07, 2022, 9:41 a.m. | Published: Apr. 07, 2022, 12:35 a.m.
link
By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio — Browns linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah’s brother was found dead Tuesday inside a burned residence in Hampton, Virginia, and police are investigating it as a homicide, according to a Hampton Police Division press release.

Joshua Emmanuel Owusu-Koramoah, 23, a former linebacker for William and Mary, is one year older than the Browns’ second-year linebacker out of Notre Dame.

The Hampton Police and the Division of Fire and Rescue responded to a call shortly before 10 a.m. Tuesday and found Joshua’s body inside the home, where he lived, police records say.

Drew Barker, a Bethel High football teammate of Owusu-Koramoah’s told The Virginian-Pilot he was set to meet Owusu-Koramoah for breakfast Tuesday morning, and became concerned when he was late.

“It was automatically heartbreaking when he wasn’t answering phone calls, because he was the most punctual, respectful, humble and reliable person I know,” Barker, the junior varsity football head coach and varsity baseball assistant coach at Kecoughtan High School in Hampton, said.

Jeremiah attributes his football career to Josh and their older brother Jerry Brooks. When he was playing youth league football at the age of six with Joshua, he hated wearing the helmet and wanted to quit. But they talked him into sticking with it.

“If it wasn’t for those two I would probably be playing basketball,” Jeremiah told cleveland.com in January. “Definitely very influential in terms of the football aspects. Just in terms of the physicality, in terms of the toughness, in terms of persistence even when sometimes I didn’t feel that I should be playing football.”

Owusu-Koramoah, the No. 52 overall pick in last year’s draft, is expected to participate in the Browns offseason program, which begins next week.

I want to express my condolences to JOK and his family.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Praying for JOK and his family ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
JOK, sorry for your loss. Prayers are for him, you, and yours tonight. Strength.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Man charged with murder, arson in connection with death of 23-year-old brother of Browns LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - cleveland.com
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...f-browns-lb-jeremiah-owusu-koramoah.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- A Hampton, Va. man was arrested Thursday in Orlando in connection with the death of Joshua Owusu-Koramoah, 23, the older brother of Browns linebacker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Hampton police announced Thursday night.

Ronald Ivan Scott, 33, was charged with one count of murder and one count of arson, and remains in custody at the Orange Country jail.

Joshua, a former linebacker at William & Mary, was found dead inside his burned residence in Hampton on Tuesday. He earned his degree in chemistry in 2020, and was a science teacher at Hampton Christian Academy. Jeremiah was in Ghana conducting youth football camps at the time of his brother’s death, and flew home.

Drew Barker, a former high school teammate of Joshua’s, described how close Joshua and Jeremiah, 22, were. They also have an older brother, Jerry Brooks, and were raised by their single mother, Beverly Mabson.

“I don’t know of anyone who would be closer than those two,” Barker told the Associated Press. “And if Josh wasn’t at (a Browns game), he was watching it on TV or sending in prayers before the game and talking to him after the game.’'

The brothers played football and other sports together at Bethel High.

“When we were kids, if you ever saw Josh, you would turn your head 360 and you would see Jeremiah somewhere — they were always together,’' Barker said. “They were never not sticking together. They always played every sport together. (With) basketball, they were like a dynamic duo on the court. And then you had them on the football field: One on one side and one on the other.

“They were literally thick as thieves in the sense of sticking together and having each other’s back. They were best friends as well.”

Joshua was also praised by his former William and Mary coach.

“Joshua was an outstanding young man from a tremendous family,” Mike London told the AP. “He was a person of deep faith who was committed to helping others – and was always a positive force in his time around our football program. His tragic loss will be felt by many throughout both the William & Mary and Hampton communities.”

Jeremiah, the No. 52 pick in the 2021 draft out of Notre Dame, is expected back in Cleveland soon to participate in the Browns’ offseason program, which begins April 19.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I read the article this morning.

Just heart breaking.

There is no recovery from something like that. It will be a burden for life. It will be something Jeremiah will carry with him.

As many know he is player I have promoted since before the draft. I like everything about the young man.

My heart goes out to him.

Legend
Legend
I saw this yesterday and felt terrible. Prayers up to JOK.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
I wonder how these two were connected? Who Ronald Ivan Scott is and what his motive was? What his background is? This all seems very strange.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
I read the article this morning.

Just heart breaking.

There is no recovery from something like that. It will be a burden for life. It will be something Jeremiah will carry with him.

As many know he is player I have promoted since before the draft. I like everything about the young man.

My heart goes out to him.

People recover. I think the only recovery one doesn't fully make is the death of a child. That one would stick.

I pray for the family in this hard time.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum JOK's Brother Dies in a House Fire. Police Investigating as a Homicide

Link Copied to Clipboard