Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Tons of trades.

Yep! Ruined my 'draft board' after getting 4 of the first 6 picks correct....lol

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I am very surprised by the Steelers taking Pickett.

Thought they would take Willis.

I could dead wrong but I don't see Pickett as a first round talent. He for sure could prove me wrong.

He had one good year. He had 38 career fumbles at Pitt. He looks no better than ok. Actually I think Trubisky is better.

They could have taken Willis and sat him for a year or two and had way more of a chance of having a dynamic qb.

I was surprised, too. I know that Louis Riddick, former NFL GM and current commentator for ESPN, interviewed w/the Steelers about their soon to be vacant GM job and I know he loves Pickett. Wonder if there is a correlation there?

Riddick is also a Pitt grad. On one of the ESPN shows someone was busting his chops because he had mocked Pickett as his number one QB

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by bonefish
I wonder what the shocker will be?
Seems like every year something goes down that is unexpected.
A trade? A strange pick?
Guys who fall. Someone taken way early.
What qb's are taken and when?

As usual the Pats take somebody out of left field...I don't know why they do it.
Ravens got their kind of guy a stud safety and at a steal...smh

Arggghhh us picking at 13 Jordan Davis the biggest (literally) difference maker in this draft. He would of brought our DL into something amazing and a championship level DL with CLowney in FA.

Well Panthers and Seattle did not take QBs now will they consider Baker to be better than any 2nd round QB out there. Just curious outside of Drew Brees (who by the numbers prior to expansion was actually at the end of the first not beginning of 2nd) but what 2nd round QB out there ever made it??? So hopefully we will be walking away with an extra 2nd round pick from this draft wink

Why is Nakobe Dean still available how was Quay taken before him???

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Kyle Hamilton is a typical Raven pick. BPA.

He is really good. Like maybe the best in the draft.

Honestly, I believe Trubisky is better than Pickett.

Berry is in great shape. Tons of options on the board.

He could go in many directions and that is a very good position to be in.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Just for clarification Riddick has never been a GM. It’ll be interesting how the Steelers GM search turns out. They interviewed like 20 guys.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by eotab
A trade? A strange pick?

As usual the Pats take somebody out of left field...I don't know why they do it.

Arggghhh us picking at 13 Jordan Davis the biggest (literally) difference maker in this draft. He would of brought our DL into something amazing and a championship level DL with CLowney in FA.

Well Panthers and Seattle did not take QBs now will they consider Baker to be better than any 2nd round QB out there. Just curious outside of Drew Brees (who by the numbers prior to expansion was actually at the end of the first not beginning of 2nd) but what 2nd round QB out there ever made it??? So hopefully we will be walking away with an extra 2nd round pick from this draft wink

5 Georgia Bulldogs taken in round 1. Dean was the best player on that defense. Travon Walker taken 1st overall was the 6th best.
Dean, Davis, Wyatt, Walker and the young DE who wasn't draft eligible this year - forget his name
Clearly prediction is more important than production.

Last edited by Jester; 04/29/22 10:57 AM.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I found it hilarious when the camera focused on fans after their teams made their pick(s) and you could see that the fan(s) had no idea who was just chosen. rofl

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by eotab
A trade? A strange pick?

You make some great points! There were some head-scratchers (ref. Bill B. and Jermaine Johnson II falling to #26) but no surprise that only 1 QB was selected. The talent at that position simply wasn't there. I also would have liked Davis at #13, however....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well Panthers and Seattle did not take QBs now will they consider Baker to be better than any 2nd round QB out there. Just curious outside of Drew Brees (who by the numbers prior to expansion was actually at the end of the first not beginning of 2nd) but what 2nd round QB out there ever made it??? So hopefully we will be walking away with an extra 2nd round pick from this draft

Andy Dalton
Derek Carr
Randall Cunningham
Boomer Esiason
Brett Favre
Ron Jaworski

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
P
Legend
Legend
P
So a grand total of six over the past 49 years?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Apparently, Dean has some medical issues.

I heard a report today about that.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Apparently, Dean has some medical issues.

I heard a report today about that.

Didn't they say that about JOK?

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
I don't believe that any medicals were verfied about JOK.

On Dean they were reporting today on one of the pre draft shows

V
Legend
Legend
V
I was just watching College Game Day and they were talking about how teams didn't like his height and weight. All the commentators still think he is going to a very good pro.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't believe that any medicals were verfied about JOK.

On Dean they were reporting today on one of the pre draft shows

Maybe There Were No Medicals But the Word of Mouth Cost JOK from Being Picked in Round #1, Which I Am Happy He Wasn't thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season 2022 NFL Draft Draft Day Round 1 Thread.

Link Copied to Clipboard