Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
Legend
Legend
V
Bell is my pick for becoming our most productive rookie. Not that my choice means much. LOL

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
I was listening to a CBD podcast and Bell was being interviewed and Nathan Z had a very interesting stat. He pointed out that when Purdue and Bell played Northwestern with Greg Newsome, the number of catches Bell had against Newsome was 40% of the entire career total of catches Newsome gave up. That is one game and it account for that high of a percent. That sounds impressive.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bell will be just fine.

B
Legend
Legend
B
We have talked about OROY. Bell could be that if the team decides to put him in that position. Sometimes players aren't stars, they are made stars. Bell could be one of those guys who gets the ball and he ends up with 80 receptions as a rookie. Look at Kupp. When he came out he wasn't seen as a star player. Today, every team in the league would love to have him in their starting lineup.

If you can catch the ball, you can catch the ball. QB's and coaches love that. If it's 3rd and 9, coaches call plays that favor the guy who can catch and QB's look for the guy who can catch. Those factors are 2/3 of the recipe.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
I was listening to a CBD podcast and Bell was being interviewed and Nathan Z had a very interesting stat. He pointed out that when Purdue and Bell played Northwestern with Greg Newsome, the number of catches Bell had against Newsome was 40% of the entire career total of catches Newsome gave up. That is one game and it account for that high of a percent. That sounds impressive.

Wow. That's worth reading twice... Much was made of Newsome's other-worldly "shutdown" numbers -- here was his kryptonite.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
When Kupp came out the general consensus was that he may not have first round physical talent, but was a football player. Welker and Edelman were the comparisons.

It has proven to be accurate.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
When Kupp came out the general consensus was that he may not have first round physical talent, but was a football player. Welker and Edelman were the comparisons.

Bell is seen as a football player. Heck they are football players!

My point is he was drafted in the 3rd round. If teams though he was going to be a good as he has played, he would have probably been the 1st receiver drafted in the 1st round. Heck, maybe a top 3 pick.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by FATE
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN

Wow. That's worth reading twice... Much was made of Newsome's other-worldly "shutdown" numbers -- here was his kryptonite.
\\

It was actually very tough to write. I retyped it several times trying to make it easier to read. When I heard it I was impressed and Bell even replied he felt he had a bad game because it was "only" 9 catches fro 70+ yards.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by WooferDawg

Bell is seen as a football player. Heck they are football players!

My point is he was drafted in the 3rd round. If teams though he was going to be a good as he has played, he would have probably been the 1st receiver drafted in the 1st round. Heck, maybe a top 3 pick.

Calling a player a “Football Player” is generally a nice way to say that the person in question may not have the measurable to make them a first round draft choice but they have the intangibles that make they valuable on the field. Think Brian Sipe and Wes Welker.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I understand that.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season 2022 NFL Draft David Bell, wide receiver, selected with the 99th pick

Link Copied to Clipboard