Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So 10 picks away and still 4 predictions from the Prediction Thread still on the board:

Nik Bonitto
Perrion Winfrey
Travis Davis
Drake Jackson

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

1 member likes this: bugs
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I like what Berry has done for the most part. I just think that there were some difference makers that were great values on the board. Hell, I liked your guy, too.

I wish posters would actually say who they wanted to pick = or say they agree with the trade ... by saying banalities like this you don't state an opinion one way or the other. It's like you are setting yourself to be right no matter what. It should be:

I like this trade and I would do the same.

or

I don't agree with this trade - I would have liked to see us take "XXX".

The more things change the more they stay the same.
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C
Originally Posted by mgh888
I like what Berry has done for the most part. I just think that there were some difference makers that were great values on the board. Hell, I liked your guy, too.

I wish posters would actually say who they wanted to pick = or say they agree with the trade ... by saying banalities like this you don't state an opinion one way or the other. It's like you are setting yourself to be right no matter what. It should be:

or

So are you Stephen A. or Skip Bayless? Not everything is a yes or no. If I don't know about something I'm going to say I don't know.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Hmmmm... no, I think when a poster says he likes what the GM has done but then says he thinks there were difference makers available - it seems like double talk. I'm not Skip or Stephen A. I'm making a comment about a post that essentially seems to want to agree with both sides. I'd prefer a one or the other.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
I hope Berry has a good explanation!!!

“We didn’t think the value was there so we decided to trade out.”

That is the obvious reason. Several of our targeted players were selected and we found more value in trading back to an area where we had more targeted players.

This is a fairly deep draft in to the middle rounds. While some of the names might not be the splash names some seemingly want, I have no doubt we will be able to select solid players.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by mgh888

or

So are you Stephen A. or Skip Bayless? Not everything is a yes or no. If I don't know about something I'm going to say I don't know.

You realize he is just trying to start another fight w/me, right? Dude is obsessed w/me. Check out the Baker threads for evidence of that. Btw------I thought it was very clear that I wanted David Ojabo, but I would have been fine w/the DE from Kentucky or Skyy Moore. There was some value at 44.

B
Legend
Legend
B
No doubt you wanted Ojabo.
I agree that overall it looks pretty solid thus far.

I get the corner pick. We have been pretty good at scouting those guys and there is more of a need then people think when you consider we have 2 expiring contracts after the season and probably can't sign both guys.

I was good with Bell. Maybe not a star in the making, but he should be a solid addition.

The DE had me wondering, but only because i didn't know who he was. Now that i have read more reports on him, he could turn in to a really good player.

Today is a big day, especially the 4th since we traded back to get 2 extra picks. In all the lead up to the draft I read on numerous occasions that this is a excellent year to have extra mid round picks....well...we have them so I would expect to grab a couple of guys who will turn to be solid players.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Very revealing.

Thanks for posting that.

That tells why we made the trade.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I don't agree with this trade, I would have liked to see the Browns take John Metchie III Wr. from Alabama,
whom coincidently went #44 in the pick the Browns traded, to the team the Browns traded the pick to, the Texans.

( Does anyone else believe this was all part of the Deshaun Watson trade and agreed to weeks ago, but it would have looked so bad, someone insisted on not announcing it until the night of the draft? because I about 50/50 think that.)

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season 2022 NFL Draft Browns trade back from 44

Link Copied to Clipboard