Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
V
Legend
Legend
V
Not sure I understand your post. Is it directed towards me and if so.........how so?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Not sure I understand your post. Is it directed towards me and if so.........how so?

I was agreeing with you.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by cfrs15
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I agree. His old job was to be a rah-rah guy. This should (hopefully) be a much different gig.

There will likely be some hangover from the old job as he transitions, so folks can probably expect some rah-rah early on, but I'd expect that by mid-season he'll find more of his own voice... pending what the producers want, of course.

He's a local announcer so what producers will probably want is the full homer.

As long as he isn't like Bengals' color guy, Dave Lapham, we are off to a good start!

Tackles are tackles.
T
Legend
Legend
T
I've listened to Zagura and Bishop and the others on CBD Cleveland Browns Daily for about 1 year, and I only remember one complaint. They talk too much golf.
I'm going to miss hearing Dieken, I'm going to miss hearing Dieken.
I'm not sure I'd much rather hear another former playrers perspective, and I don't mean Joe Thomas, because
Zegura has a style, and it's like the same as Donovan's
and you need 2 oppisites that feed off each other, (shoot!) Jerrod Cherry opposite Donovan would sound better than Zagura opposite Donovan,
Oh Well, somebodys' going to call games, and I'm sure they'll eventually make it sound fine.
I'm going to miss Dieken,
You need to have somebody who will get mad, somebody has to make the tough contrary points, not just yes men.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Dave Lapham.

Ah, I call him Mr. Grunt/Groan. 75% of his audio is unintelligible noises.

My biggest complaint is that he interrupts the play-by-play guy, Dan Hoard, so you can't tell what is happening on the field.

Tackles are tackles.
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
I've listened to Zagura and Bishop and the others on CBD Cleveland Browns Daily for about 1 year, and I only remember one complaint. They talk too much golf.
I'm going to miss hearing Dieken, I'm going to miss hearing Dieken.
I'm not sure I'd much rather hear another former playrers perspective, and I don't mean Joe Thomas, because
Zegura has a style, and it's like the same as Donovan's
and you need 2 oppisites that feed off each other, (shoot!) Jerrod Cherry opposite Donovan would sound better than Zagura opposite Donovan,
Oh Well, somebodys' going to call games, and I'm sure they'll eventually make it sound fine.
I'm going to miss Dieken,
You need to have somebody who will get mad, somebody has to make the tough contrary points, not just yes men.

I listen to Zegura & Bishop a lot on podcasts during my daily walk. Zegura and Bishop sound like each other's agents. They fawn over each other, to the point where Bishop sounds like Dwight Schrute & Andy Bernard to Michael Scott from the office. Everything Zegura says Bishop acts like it was a brilliant pearl of wisdom. I mentioned this earlier in the thread. I also strongly agree with your point that 2 really enthusiastic guys in the booth at the same time would just be too much. Jim D seems authentic, Zegura seems like an act.

Legend
Legend
Makes perfect sense to me, Dave.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I’m in an area where we get Bills games on the radio, and their announcers are insufferable. Such homers (and I get it, they should be) … but it makes the game so skewed for the listener

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I seem to remember a year or two back we had a game on NFL Network with them and the replay was all the Bills announcers. It was SOOOOO BAD. It was like if you wanted to hire a couple of guys to parody what a bad, 2nd-rate, broadcast sounded like, those were the guys you'd use.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Doug Dieken retiring from the broadcast booth

Link Copied to Clipboard