Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
I simply expected you had a basic grasp of the English language. Once again I overestimated you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I simply expected you had a basic grasp of the English language. Once again I overestimated you.

And I expected you know how to make cogent debate points that people don't need to fill in the blanks on. Again, you only want to debate the things that aren't part of the debate because you got your tighty whities bunched.

Enjoy your day, let me know when you actually have a point to make that isn't you pointing out you got treated like you think others need to be treated by you.

1 member likes this: tastybrownies
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm willing to bet everyone on this board knew exactly what that post was saying. Even you. And if you didn't understand it, that's a you problem. As I said before, English seems to be a problem for you. I overestimated your ability to string sentences together to arrive at a cognitive thought process that any rational person would understand.

What it will do is target those with the least. If you live in abject poverty, have no transportation or money which creates a situation where you lack the ability to travel long distances, you will not be able to get an abortion. Those that have money and transportation have the luxury of making a choice. In that regard the right will have achieved their goal. So no, the law will not make all abortions illegal. It will only stop the very poor from having a choice.

The message is clear for anyone not being obtuse. If you lack the ability to comprehend what this is saying, I'll be praying for you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
I don't really understand the goal.

Why would someone else care whether or not another person has a baby? That's a personal decision and certainly not the government's! This is one issue I've never really understood.

Personally I think the constitution should be amended to include abortion! Wouldn't that be something, Lolol. People would be flipping their wigs.

Oh really lol According to your thinking why would someone else care whether or not another person kills their 1 week old child, or 1 year old child, or 10 year old child? That's a personal decision and certainly not the government's! How about if the constitution allowed infanticide. Wouldn't that be something Lolol. People would be flipping out.

What are you talking about? Maybe you're reading too fast?

If the child hasn't been born yet then the mother can have an abortion. All of this is a personal matter. If you don't know this other stranger who's going to have an abortion, who are you to have a say in their life?

Their life is none of your business.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
MARK THE MOMENT! TB and I agree!

Haha, this has to be some sort of record, a rare occurrence seldom seen.

-Charles Bukowski
O
Legend
Legend
O
Women should just stop sleeping with republicans until they get it. It would be easy to do, just send every 12 year old girl for a week on an Amish farm. After they see 1883 in person, they won't want anything to do with backwards thinking.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/05/22 03:11 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O

O
Legend
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/05/22 03:33 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Going to be a long year, but November is coming.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
https://www.scotusblog.com/2022/05/how-the-leak-might-have-happened/

I think this is an interesting read on the situation.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FrankZ

Everyone has a theory about the leak but it really doesn't matter now. We do know a vast majority of Americans appreciate the heads up on what the extreme Radical Rightwing Justices were about to do.

Seems that those Radical RW Justices are so worried that they requested a security fence be put up around the Supreme Court last night. They don't have the courage to face the women they are seeking to control.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
watch my fellow liberals still not show up during the mid terms.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by mac

Everyone has a theory about the leak but it really doesn't matter now. We do know a vast majority of Americans appreciate the heads up on what the extreme Radical Rightwing Justices were about to do.

Seems that those Radical RW Justices are so worried that they requested a security fence be put up around the Supreme Court last night. They don't have the courage to face the women they are seeking to control.

I don't appreciate anyone who compromises the court.

And even the radical left wing liberal RBG was not a fan of Row v Wade. She thought it was a bad decision, and felt that as it was ruled would be easy to overturn. She may have predicted the future.

I do hope all the justices stop considering the political portion of this and see the constitutional portion, which is that the Federal government over stepped on the original ruling and violated the 10th with it. A narrower ruling likely would have survived, and that was what RBG was stating.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish

If they can afford the gas and aren't too weak from skipping expensive groceries, they will be there.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I don't think it matters whether or not Democrat voters show up for the midterms.

It's a foregone conclusion, they don't have a chance. The economy is basically in shambles right now.

People see inflation, the gas prices, it's Joe Biden at the helm.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 05/05/22 06:48 PM.

-Charles Bukowski
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by mac

And even the radical left wing liberal RBG was not a fan of Row v Wade. She thought it was a bad decision, and felt that as it was ruled would be easy to overturn. She may have predicted the future.

I do hope all the justices stop considering the political portion of this and see the constitutional portion, which is that the Federal government over stepped on the original ruling and violated the 10th with it. A narrower ruling likely would have survived, and that was what RBG was stating.

Umm no... RBG did not vote for restricting abortion. There are lots of memes out there on her comments. Now as far as a personal decision, it may have been a different matter.

https://time.com/4383778/ruth-bader-ginsburg-supreme-court-abortion-ruling/

Last edited by WooferDawg; 05/05/22 08:09 PM. Reason: time link.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
Originally Posted by mac

Umm no... RBG did not vote for restricting abortion. There are lots of memes out there on her comments. Now as far as a personal decision, it may have been a different matter.

https://time.com/4383778/ruth-bader-ginsburg-supreme-court-abortion-ruling/

Umm no, I did not say she voted to restrict them. She was very much in favor of abortion. She was not a fan of the ruling in Roe vs Wade

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/21/us/ruth-bader-ginsburg-roe-v-wade.html

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING

If they can afford the gas and aren't too weak from skipping expensive groceries, they will be there.

In droves of millions.

O
Legend
Legend
O
AOC should put forth a stick your religion up your ass bill. Freedom to worship how you choose in the constitution, but forcing your religion on others is blatantly unconstitutional.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/05/22 08:38 PM.

O
Legend
Legend
O

I feel like this:

Only voting for whatever rids us of this Trumpian crapfest. But that means a straight dem ticket, an people with no spine.

And that last one is right on point.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/05/22 08:47 PM.

1 member likes this: Swish
M
Legend
Legend
M
No idea who she is - hard to argue with what she actually says. I heard a good piece on NPR today - the lady was debunking the idea of what is covered in the Constitution and the opinion piece referring to abortion not being covered. She made a great point that basically "Women" and anything regards "Women" is omitted from the Constitution, the draft opinion is a crock.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Women were little more than chattel back then. Most were lucky to leave the farm house. This is what they want. Controlling their worlds, the entire lives of people they consider under them. I don't see how you vote republican if that's not how you think.

After hearing a couple of their convos this week, they will keep coming after basic commonly accepted rights for anything they were no0t 100% on board for. They forgot how to give and take, this is their season of taking. Next season they will all be lost to the ash heap of history. Good riddance. Voting blue is now critical for our democracy.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/05/22 09:08 PM.

Legend
Legend
I don't really understand the goal.

Why would someone else care whether or not another person has a baby? That's a personal decision and certainly not the government's! This is one issue I've never really understood.

Personally I think the constitution should be amended to include abortion! Wouldn't that be something, Lolol. People would be flipping their wigs.

Oh really lol According to your thinking why would someone else care whether or not another person kills their 1 week old child, or 1 year old child, or 10 year old child? That's a personal decision and certainly not the government's! How about if the constitution allowed infanticide. Wouldn't that be something Lolol. People would be flipping out.

What are you talking about? Maybe you're reading too fast?

If the child hasn't been born yet then the mother can have an abortion. All of this is a personal matter. If you don't know this other stranger who's going to have an abortion, who are you to have a say in their life?

Their life is none of your business.

Well then How is anything our business? How is their life your business if somebody you don't know is a thief? a rapist, a serial killer? How is their life your business if they want to do drugs, or if they sell drugs? If their life is none of our business what's it to you if they stuff their 1 week old in a wood chipper? OH WAIT NOW that becomes YOUR business notallthere

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend

They sure didn't show up in Ohio last week.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mac
jc...

Should men be held responsible for the "fertilized egg" they helped to create..?

While the Radical RW Supreme Justices attempt to make a pregnancy the sole responsibility of the woman by denying women their right to an abortion everyone knows that MEN are 'at least' just as responsible for pregnancies as women.

The Radical RW Justices need to address the issue of 'responsibility' in the case of pregnancy and establish laws that hold the male half of the pregnancy liable for his actions.

Finally you post something I agree with thumbsup

T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Kids say the darndest things.....

RBG..."Frankly I had thought that at the time Roe was decided, there was concern about population growth and particularly growth in populations that we don’t want to have too many of."

Now thats not sayinging she didnt want to limit certain populations from growing as it was before her time on the court, but she implied that was society's goal at the time...which at the time was controlled by a Dem Senate and House. Populations we dont want too many of seems pretty darn racist to me.....but these are not tye droids you are looking for......

Last edited by teedub; 05/06/22 06:26 AM.
Legend
Legend
Not for nothing but George Carlin hit the nail on the head in a routine he did back in the 90's... Search for it.. It has profanity in it (like all Carlins routines) so it can't be posted here... But he gets to the point quickly.

He says, Conservatives care about a fetus, but once born they lose all interest in the child.. Evidence is that the cut programs meant to help youth.... Or at least attempt to cut those programs.

Then when they are 18, they like them again when they join the military.

Of course, Carlin is much funnier that I am... So the delivery is pretty cool

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend

They sure didn't show up in Ohio last week.

ohio can be considered red now. i dunno if there's enough of us left in the state to consider it purple.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
This talk about a "Baby" at the point of fertilization and "If the child is not born yet" - is deflection and religious mumbo jumbo.

It's a collections of cells.

No-one I know - ever - advocated for the termination of what would be considered a "Child".

But then we've all known this 'forever' - and I guess we know it won't stop, why would it? There isn't a credible argument so instead we have emotional blackmail on faulty premise as the basis of debate.

1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by mgh888
This talk about a "Baby" at the point of fertilization and "If the child is not born yet" - is deflection and religious mumbo jumbo.

It's a collections of cells.

No-one I know - ever - advocated for the termination of what would be considered a "Child".

But then we've all known this 'forever' - and I guess we know it won't stop, why would it? There isn't a credible argument so instead we have emotional blackmail on faulty premise as the basis of debate.

Looks like a baby to me, not a clump of cells.

[Linked Image from images.medicinenet.com]

1 member likes this: 40YEARSWAITING
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Clutch your pearls.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quite trying to give me a pearl necklace.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Quite trying to give me a pearl necklace.

See - the truth is in between the two images that you and Portland posted. I accused posters of dishonest emotional blackmail, which is EXACTLY what your response was. Just the same as people whose anti-abortion argument revolves around 3rd trimester abortions .... which to my knowledge no-one anywhere is advocating for and certainly no-one I know of on this board.

A poster wrote about a new record for a 21 week old premature baby surviving. I think many would be happy to set a limit of 12-14 weeks. I'm sure some might think 16-18 weeks might be an appropriate limit.

Setting a limit at 6 weeks is a disgusting perversion of the current law - and setting at "conception" is just as asinine. Posting photos of fully formed fetus's in the womb with hair is not what the discussion is about. That might be YOUR interpretation, but you don't get to dictate to the rest of America what the law is. Neither should any religious based theology/belief.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

As for the SCOTUS leak. The people who had the opportunity to view the leaked document is limited. All of those people know how the SCOTUS decisions are reached. A first draft is the very beginning of that process. From that point until the final decision is revealed, many changes can be included in the decision. The wording and what that decision does and does not do can often times change.

Now I'm not trying to say it was either a liberal or a conservative who leaked it. Here's what we do know. The final decision was expected to be made and released before their summer recess which begins in late June or early July every year. The final decision could have been released in May. This means the final decision would have been known at least four months in advance of the 2022 midterm election and up to five months regardless of any leak. As we can see it took less than 24 hours to get the pro choice voters motivated. Four months would have been plenty of time to get people worked up for the elections in November even if the leak had not have occurred. As sad as it is to say, many Americans have the attention span of a gnat. They'll just move on to the next hot button issue. So I'm not quite sure that having it leaked not long before the final decision was made public is much of, if any real advantage here.

So I don't see much if any advantage to this coming out a little earlier than it would have anyway for liberals. They would still have had months to use this as an election tool.

But let's look at what it does do. As was stated, first drafts often get reworded and the scope of what a decision covers can sometimes change. However, if there is a written record disclosed showing these members all agree in overturning Roe vs Wade, how much harder will it be for them to now change that opinion? Could the leak just as easily be an attempt to pigeon hole these justices in standing firm with that first draft? Because if they don't, Republicans will turn that into anyone who changes their mind or limits the scope of this first draft as traitors and baby killers.

I can't say whether it was a liberal or a conservative who leaked the document. What I am saying is that anyone claiming it could only have been a liberal hasn't really thought this through.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I've never been one who advocates women be given that choice in regards to late term abortions. Some of the bills I've seen written in states limits abortion at 15 weeks. I do not see that as unreasonable.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Your right i dont. But neither do you. Now it is the job of the supreme court to rule on it, so does that mean you wont cry about it if they rule against your wishes?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Do you mean "rule on it this time, again"? Because it's obvious from the original ruling 50 years ago, which has been upheld many times since then, that this is political. Trump said all throughout his campaign he would only nominate judge s that would overturn Roe vs Wade just to gain votes and use it as part of his political platfrom. You've even claimed the only reason you vote Republican is to overturn Roe vs Wade. This topic has been a political weapon form the very beginning. And nothing this SCOTUS does changes the fact Roe vs Wade has been the precedent for 50 years now. Changing it doesn't make it right.

And why would you expect from others what you have not expected from yourself? We've watched you carry on about abortion being legal for how long now? But now you expect something different from the other side?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Your right i dont. But neither do you. Now it is the job of the supreme court to rule on it, so does that mean you wont cry about it if they rule against your wishes?

It's been ruled on by the SC. It is settled law. And yet you fight it - so you want me to live by a different standard than you live your life by?

If that ruling gets changed - I can easily live with the decision and not "cry about it" if there is a solid reason for such a ruling. Based on the draft opinion - no such reasoning has been presented yet.

Legend
Legend
I accused posters of dishonest emotional blackmail, which is EXACTLY what your response was.

Where in the hell did I do that? Did I lie... nope.... did I blackmail anybody.... NOPE If you honestly believe that anything I posted was dishonest emotional blackmail then you have to honestly believe 1+1 = 8612.2

Legend
Legend
Do you mean "rule on it this time, again"? Because it's obvious from the original ruling 50 years ago, which has been upheld many times since then, that this is political.

It's not about politics at all to me. Maybe it is to you. To me it's about slaughtering innocent babies.

You've even claimed the only reason you vote Republican is to overturn Roe vs Wade.

Your wrong bro. I said thats why I voted for Trump. I also said I would have voted for Tim Ryan if I could in the last election.

Changing it doesn't make it right.

Funny I have been saying that since 1973.

And why would you expect from others what you have not expected from yourself? We've watched you carry on about abortion being legal for how long now? But now you expect something different from the other side?

I expect others to do as I do don't kill babies. No more no less, and if you knew me long enough you would know that I have been carrying on about it since 1973.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Supreme Court Draft Overturning Roe vs Wade

Link Copied to Clipboard