Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Jed Wills at some point needs to go back to his natural position , RT

I think Wills needs to play another season at 100% health at LT before we decide he can't play the position. I believe he was the top rated rookie LT of his class by PFF - he was hurt last year. If Callahan says he is the best option and can play LT then I have faith. Judging him based on an injury hit season wouldn't be doing him justice imo.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Since 1999, we are 1-21-1 in opening day games.

A Hue Jackson-like stat! Unfathomable....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
But judging Mayfield on an injury marred season is justified?

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
P
Legend
Legend
P
mgh doesn't do that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: mgh888
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by eotab
but ON THE FIELD.

He is better than Burrows
He is way better than Lamar
He blows the doors off whoever is QBing the Steelers.

Thats all I got to say.

I agree with this. While I am not saying Burrows is not any good, I am also not ready to anoint him as elite. His rookie season, which was only 10 games or so, was a lot of short passes. Last year he seemed to rely on the "wing it downfield and let his receivers make the play." Personally, I do not think that is a sustainable model. It worked a lot last year, but you can't count on that continuing. He doesn't yet have 2 seasons under his belt so it's early. But I am not ready to put him in the category of Mahomes and Rodgers.

I am curious to see what Lamar is next year. I am *really* surprised he has yet to be extended. They had plenty of time to do so before the Watson contract that they are whining about now. I am not sure what the team's plan is. Are they really not sure if he is their guy or not?

Pittsburgh ... well. As far as QB goes, good luck. I would hate to have to choose between Trubisky and Pickett. I would also hate to have to pick between Locke and Geno Smith.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Cap, I think you are a great guy and great poster, but damn man. Don't buy into the opinions of others on this board who are often way off base. Wing it up? That isn't even close to true. Dude is a tactician.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm sorry did I miss something. What is this Wills is a failure at LT business and he has to be moved over to RT. I don't see a problem with his kick step where he just ain't cutting it. Its obvious when he played hurt (ankle sprain) that it effected his play a bit but that is not a reach where he has to switch over to RT I just don't get it. The Browns have not shown any desire to move him over. Has anyone heard anything about coaches not being satisfied or our we going off of the so called experts who must make a report - When the guy with the crooked fingers says he is a liability then I would start to believe it...sorry I ain't buying it.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
1 member likes this: mgh888
V
Legend
Legend
V
tab, I personally think he would be better at RT, but I don't see us moving him over there. Wills ranked 52nd among offensive tackles this year in PFF's grading system. He wasn't particularly high last year, either. I think he can improve. I also think he is serviceable. We don't need a stud at every spot on the OL, especially now that we have a good qb.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Why have you suddenly decided that injuries don't factor into how well a player is doing on the field? An ankle injury severely limits your ability to gain leverage which OL players depend on. As a rookie changing positions it's only normal to have expected some growing pains but later in the 2020 season he was performing much better. I think I get it though. If you're going to dismiss one player's injury as it pertains to effecting their performance in the 2021 season, I guess you really have to dismiss them all. So in that regard it makes sense.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I had to go back and look at what I've said about our OL and Wills in this thread. Some folks continually resort to painting false narratives about what people actually say. So, I copied and pasted all my comments on the OL in this thread. Take a look:

OL: We are elite. Ravens are not probably average to below average. Bengals were terrible, but tried to upgrade. Incomplete for now. Steeler's OL stinks.

I think the Browns OL is by far and away superior to the other three teams.

I will say that we had injuries, as well. Both our tackles were hurt. Yet, we still finished #8 overall according to PFF. We were the #1 ranked OL the previous year.

I really want to give a shout out to Callahan. He might be the best OL coach in the business.

I really love our OL. We have a great scheme. We have a true bad azz in Tretter. He might be the most physical G in football. He kills people. Bitonio had an even higher grade than Tretter. He's a true pro and a gem of a player. Conklin is an excellent RT. I loved Tretter. We might miss him. He was very smart on his line calls. Wills is okay. I like Berry, but the comment about offensive tackles are offensive tackles was pretty dumb. There is a difference in the skill set between right and left tackles. I actually think Wills could be a really good RT. We got Hubbard back and he is really underrated by this board. This OL rocks. Y'all are going to see it this year. Hell, you saw it in 2020, but they didn't get enough credit by many.

tab, I personally think he would be better at RT, but I don't see us moving him over there. Wills ranked 52nd among offensive tackles this year in PFF's grading system. He wasn't particularly high last year, either. I think he can improve. I also think he is serviceable. We don't need a stud at every spot on the OL, especially now that we have a good qb.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Just noticed something. I accidentally referred to Teller as Tretter when speaking about the guard. Sorry about that.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Vers, as you know, Wills played hurt most of the season. I believe his rookie year is more indicative of what kind of player he is. If he is healthy he should be more than adequate as a LT.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I know Homes. That is why I mentioned that both our tackles were hurt. His PFF grades were not all that great as a rookie, either. However, I think he is good enough to be our starting LT for years and years to come. I love our OL. I think it is the best unit, or tied for the best w/RBs, on the team.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Post Draft ...Rank the AFC North teams 1 to 4

Link Copied to Clipboard