Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
M
Legend
Legend
M

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Watson will never play a down for the Cleveland Browns.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
How come the 1st 2 women didn't go public with these allegations
Why did it take 22 claims before it went public ?

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Another lawsuit has been filed against Watson. If, AND I SAY IF, Watson doesn't play a down this year for the Browns it could end up costing Berry his job!

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
If that happens, it could cost Berry his job!

V
Legend
Legend
V
I was--and am--a huge fan of the job John Dorsey did in Cleveland and I was furious that Depo worked behind the scenes to get him fired. However, Andrew Berry has also done a fabulous job w/the Browns and I am glad he is running the show. He's very intelligent, articulate, calm, soft-spoken and has done a very good job of making our roster stronger through a variety of moves. He hasn't been perfect, but no one is. We are lucky to have him.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Baker thread closed as this one will soon be. SWISH, I don't remember saying that if I did it was wrong but just for the record just who am I suppose to be a fan of that isn't a BROWN unlike your fandom of Lamar.

Vers, I just cannot understand the obvious HATRED towards Baker the only thing I could think of is I know you are a bigtime Ohio SU fan and I probably would hold something against him if I was a big Ohio SU fan. Not the case, actually does not help you as I can't make the sense out of it. Insults...just responding to your insults tit for tat. Happens. and miss communication on a message board can be that way. Enjoy.

Now can you all understand the bad place the Browns have painted themselves into. I will not be surprised if DW will be suspended INDEFINITELY with a minimum of ONE YEAR. 2022 draft pick we already lost the Opportunity to have Jordan Davis on our D with Garrett, Clowney and JOK and all our DBs. DW and all his talent means nothing if he does not play. Criminal case...he is innocent until proven guilty. However in a Civil case he is guilty until proven Innocent. There is also no assurance that a criminal case would be filed at a later date if more witnesses come forward for the DA to make a case. Its just scary to me that we throw away 3 first round picks...building blocks to ANY TEAM making a dynasty.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by eotab
There is also no assurance that a criminal case would be filed at a later date if more witnesses come forward for the DA to make a case. Its just scary to me that we throw away 3 first round picks...building blocks to ANY TEAM making a dynasty.

From a straight sports fan perspective this should be a concern for every Browns fan. The amount we spent to get Watson with his murky future on the hopes that he is going to play like he did before he sat out a year screams Factory of Sadness.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
I wonder if people will:

- Assume these lawsuits are being made by individuals trying to make a buck jumping on the band wagon.
- Believe the idea that they are inspired by the bravery of those on HBO who went through a shared/similar experience.
- Tune it out because people generally have short attention spans.
- Believe it doesn't make any difference one way or the other.

Very good questions...I wonder that myself...It, like most things, is probably a bit of all of them.....Of course the only people that need to answer these questions are the juries assigned to the civil cases.

Concerning this 23rd lawsuit. Has it been "confirmed" who her representation is? Is it Buzbee? If not...My curiosity asks how this affects the moratorium on any case trials until next March? I do find Hardin's comments interesting...if I am interpreting this correctly....That this woman has already tried to file against Deshaun and dropped the cases. That does cloud her validity...but doesn't erase it. It certainly isn't good news for Deshaun that another case has been levied...

----

Steve...there is one gaping galaxy sized hole in your supposition about solicitation. Watson has been cleared of any crime concerning this situation and these events, as 2 Grand Juries refused to indict. Including Sexual harassment, Rape, solicitation, etc. You are free to assume solicitation is what happened...but it is an assumption with no proof. And frankly keeping that assumption speaks more towards your intentions than Deshaun's character. (which seems to be murky.....complicated in the very least)

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PETE314
I wonder if people will:

- Assume these lawsuits are being made by individuals trying to make a buck jumping on the band wagon.
- Believe the idea that they are inspired by the bravery of those on HBO who went through a shared/similar experience.

Very good questions...I wonder that myself...It, like most things, is probably a bit of all of them.....Of course the only people that need to answer these questions are the juries assigned to the civil cases.

Concerning this 23rd lawsuit. Has it been "confirmed" who her representation is? Is it Buzbee? If not...My curiosity asks how this affects the moratorium on any case trials until next March? I do find Hardin's comments interesting...if I am interpreting this correctly....That this woman has already tried to file against Deshaun and dropped the cases. That does cloud her validity...but doesn't erase it. It certainly isn't good news for Deshaun that another case has been levied...

----

Steve...there is one gaping galaxy sized hole in your supposition about solicitation. Watson has been cleared of any crime concerning this situation and these events, as 2 Grand Juries refused to indict. Including Sexual harassment, Rape, solicitation, etc. You are free to assume solicitation is what happened...but it is an assumption with no proof. And frankly keeping that assumption speaks more towards your intentions than Deshaun's character. (which seems to be murky.....complicated in the very least)

23rd lawsuit and representation: Buzbee is the attorney for the 23rd (and he saw a 24th is in process). Watson's attorney said that this 23rd accuser had previous representation, but those lawyers backed out of representing her. It didn't say if she filed, but her previous lawyers bailed on her.

Solicitation was never on the table (AFAIK) in terms of the grand jury, so that could always be on the table.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted by oobernoober
I wonder if people will:

----

23rd lawsuit and representation: Buzbee is the attorney for the 23rd (and he saw a 24th is in process). Watson's attorney said that this 23rd accuser had previous representation, but those lawyers backed out of representing her. It didn't say if she filed, but her previous lawyers bailed on her.

Solicitation was never on the table (AFAIK) in terms of the grand jury, so that could always be on the table.

Thanks for the clarification....

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by LexDawg
There is also no assurance that a criminal case would be filed at a later date if more witnesses come forward for the DA to make a case. Its just scary to me that we throw away 3 first round picks...building blocks to ANY TEAM making a dynasty.

From a straight sports fan perspective this should be a concern for every Browns fan. The amount we spent to get Watson with his murky future on the hopes that he is going to play like he did before he sat out a year screams Factory of Sadness.

This is a very real possibility. The grand juries NOT indicting make this possible. Each and every jurisdiction that already had a grand jury on this can still come back and indict if they feel enough new information comes out to support a case and because he was not tried it isn't double jeopardy.
Like this receipt that is allegedly for payment to the guy that ran that massage place? THAT could be a golden bullet.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm not sure if this was brought up but even if DW starts how much will all this affect his play? It has to be a distraction. All the questions, a suspension hanging over you not to mention any new accusations that could come up at any time. We rolled the dice and I hope things work out but if our past history is any indication this could easily blow up in our faces. Murpy''s law is alive and well with our beloved Browns.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 06/01/22 10:14 AM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
The potential - no matter if it is small - for this to go badly wrong is concerning. I will say that it *appears* at this point that DW is handling this in stride and it is not impacting his integration with the team - his teammates etc. But yes - this is going to follow him around, and you'd expect that while the Cleveland media might move on - every other team in the NFL we play is probably going to have journalists that will want to ask and dig and try to find a new angle, it's not going away any time soon.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
jc...

I believe folks need to understand...there is nothing written in stone that more cases might continue to be filed against Watson. Only Watson knows how many more women might come forward.

JMO, but this young man really screwed up his life with his habit of employing multiple massage therapist for his own needs.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Isn't the world great, everyone has their view, DW could have hundred new cases come up....she said/ he said...and the women can wait YEARS to file/ and their stories change- find a lawyer who will take the case and bingo, they will try to get into the pocket of man with millions guaranteed. It's the world- always after MONEY.

DW says he didn't do anything wrong and respects women- he obviously likes to be naked while getting a massage- should a masseuse be upset if they see a nude body- JMHO, NO, they are in the business of fixing the sore body. This all she said/he said....HOW he can be convicted of anything is beyond me.....AS LONG AS he didn't force anything.....having sex with some of them wasn't smart, but in our permissive society, how many 26 year old virgins are there. Only people winning this are the lawyers. Go Browns!!!

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
Originally Posted by LexDawg

This is a very real possibility. The grand jury's NOT indicting make this possible. Each and every jurisdiction that already had a grand jury on this can still come back and indict if they feel enough new information comes out to support a case and because he was not tried it isn't double jeopardy.
Like this receipt that is allegedly for payment to the guy that ran that massage place? THAT could be a golden bullet.

Agreed, not knowing for sure but I'd hazard a guess that the Grand Jury has not indicted because the current evidence is only He Said-She Said and they won't waste the effort. This doesn't mean he "has been cleared by the Grand Jury" as people keep posting. It means one piece of evidence could be enough to see him charged and in a criminal court.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

Yes, that's what "Hardin says". But every report I've seen up until this comment by Hardin has stated she chose not to go forward with the lawsuit at that time. So I guess it depends on who you believe or choose to believe.

People can't take the word of these attorney's to determine who is telling the truth. Each attorney will spin everything they can to present their side of the lawsuit as being correct in the civil trail. I know it's been common practice by some to paint Buzzbeee in a negative light. But let's not fool ourselves into actually believing this isn't a game that both sides play.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
The accusations aren't because "they saw a nude body".

With every new case you'll have to convince yourself that even more women are lying and the only beacon of truth is watson. But from the sounds of it, I'm sure you'll find a way to do that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
The accusations aren't because "they saw a nude body".

Are you SURE ?

O
Legend
Legend
O
There seemed to be confusion regarding her representation. That's why I originally restated that part.

As for my opinion... each side is going to focus on the facts that help their argument. I did find it pretty interesting that this latest accuser was dropped by her previous representation and joined on only after the HBO special. Again, I think it's obvious why one side would want to bring this up and the other wouldn't.

I do think the solicitation angle is interesting. IMO (and obviously FWIW), I think that's a much more believable charge than assault. The wrinkle about the 3rd party handling some very large payments for her services could lead to some more activity from the grand jury.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I wonder if people will:

----

I get what you're saying but I ask you to be open to what can happen. A GJ weighs the evidence to determine whether an indictment should be issued. You nor I or anyone else knows what evidence was presented but in no way is a lack of indictment a signal that Watson is innocent, cleared of a crime, or even not guilty for that fact - there just wasn't enough evidence at the time. The GJ is not a trial so there's no such thing as "double jeopardy" with GJ, asking for an indictment can happen multiple times depending on the additional evidence to be presented.

The important part of this last civil lawsuit is Nia Smith goes on to allege that her former employer played a part in setting up the interactions with Watson, then ignored her complaints following the sessions.

“‘A New U Salon Spa’ provided women for Watson,” the lawsuit states. “Dionne Louis, the owner of the spa, facilitated massages for Watson and knew Watson and knew Watson was attempting [to] have sex with them. Plaintiff expressed her concerns about Watson to Ms. Louis. Louis brushed the concerns off. It was later learned that Watson paid Dionne Louis at least five thousand dollars for Louis’s 'work'."

The allegation included a pair of exhibits filed with the suit, allegedly showing texts from Louis. The first showed an alleged $5,000 cash transfer from Watson with a memo of “For machine” followed by a text from Louis stating, “He didn’t give me the 20k I asked him for but he dye [sic] give me 5k.” A second exhibit showed two photos of what appeared to be a significant amount of cash in rubber bands, preceded by a text stating “DD cash me out.”

This my friend is clearly solicitation and if proved to be valid will certainly open up the ability to bring criminal charges to the GJ with hard evidence. Naturally, Watson's legal team has denied the claim but we'll see what the investigation discovers like verifying the text from Watson's phone and cash transfers from his account.

My intentions are that the women should have their right to a speedy trial and the ability to face the accused. If Watson can clear his name then so be it. However, if he's guilty after getting a free 7-month pass to play football then it is exactly what people always complain about that there is one system for the average person and another for the elite.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I did find it pretty interesting that this latest accuser was dropped by her previous representation and joined on only after the HBO special. Again, I think it's obvious why one side would want to bring this up and the other wouldn't.

I obviously didn't make myself clear. This is what is in dispute and has not been established as "fact". Every previous report claimed she chose not to pursue the case. Hardin claimed her attorney's dropped her as a client. What is and is not a fact here is determined by who one chooses to believe. One could say they dropped her as a client and the truth could be that was after she decided not to pursue the case. Let's not pretend that either Hardin nor Buzzbee are beyond employing such a tactic in the court of public opinion.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by hitt
Isn't the world great, everyone has their view, DW could have hundred new cases come up....she said/ he said...and the women can wait YEARS to file/ and their stories change- find a lawyer who will take the case and bingo, they will try to get into the pocket of man with millions guaranteed. It's the world- always after MONEY.

DW says he didn't do anything wrong and respects women- he obviously likes to be naked while getting a massage- should a masseuse be upset if they see a nude body- JMHO, NO, they are in the business of fixing the sore body. This all she said/he said....HOW he can be convicted of anything is beyond me.....AS LONG AS he didn't force anything.....having sex with some of them wasn't smart, but in our permissive society, how many 26 year old virgins are there. Only people winning this are the lawyers. Go Browns!!!

and it is THIS MESS that is an example of why the NFL has a Rookie Symposium where they try to teach the young kids coming in all of the pitfalls they're about to face the instant they become millionaires. The kids are taught to be smart and NOT do things that put yourself in this sort of position in the first place.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
A 23rd civil suit against Deshaun Watson, and 'other cases may come

CHARLES ROBINSON
May 31, 2022, 6:20 PM
link

HOUSTON — Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson is now facing a 23rd civil lawsuit alleging sexual misconduct, following a new filing by attorney Tony Buzbee.

The suit has been brought by Nia Smith, a professionally licensed Houston cosmetologist who last summer spoke publicly about her alleged interactions with Watson during a video appearance with YouTube personality Tasha K. Her suit has similarities to the previous 22 Watson is facing, alleging that Watson reached out to her for a professional massage through social media. The litigation states that she had three sessions with Watson that saw his behavior allegedly become more aggressive with each meeting, culminating in sexual advances and unwanted sexual contact.

It goes on to claim that Watson’s defense team reached out to Smith for a meeting when women began filing civil suits against the quarterback in March of 2021, an engagement that Smith took as an attempt to influence her from pursuing litigation against Watson. In that allegation, Smith accused one of Watson’s attorneys of suggesting “us black women must stick together.”

In a statement Tuesday, Buzbee added: “Other cases may come. The Watson defense team has vilified these women and this cause. Shame on them! We look forward to trying this case in court.”

Watson’s attorney, Rusty Hardin, responded with a biting statement, again framing the development as an attempt to achieve “publicity” for Buzbee and a “payday” for his clients.

“Deshaun Watson vehemently denies the allegations, just as he has since she first discussed them with members of our firm in March of last year,” Hardin said. “She repeated the allegations on social media in August and he denied them then. The only thing new about her contentions is the embellishment making them more extreme than prior versions. Deshaun’s denial remains the same.

“The two highly respected lawyers from our firm, Letitia Quinones and Rachel Lewis, also vehemently deny there was any coercion or intimidation involved in the very cordial meeting at Vic and Anthony’s (Mr. Buzbee and the plaintiff are not even right about where the meeting was, much less what was said). They met her to see if she was one of Mr. Buzbee’s then still anonymous plaintiffs. At that time Mr. Buzbee refused to identify his clients. The suggestion that either of these two accomplished lawyers would have said ‘us black women must stick together’ is absurd. The interview was so congenial, she joined the lawyers for dinner afterwards.

“We are aware that more than a year ago she had other lawyers representing her and they ultimately terminated the representation. This plaintiff has long had a vendetta against Deshaun since she jealously and angrily published Deshaun’s personal data on social media in November 2020. In filing her lawsuit now she was obviously not influenced by recent developments. We are not surprised Mr. Buzbee was willing to say just about anything to get more publicity. He knows the NFL continues to investigate these cases, and this is a transparent attempt to further punish the man he sees as a potential payday.”

Smith’s suit states that she initially declined to seek litigation against Watson out of fear of a backlash before changing her mind after seeing last week’s episode of "Real Sports," which featured two of Watson’s accusers speaking on the record about their alleged encounters with him.

“Nia Smith changed her mind after watching the HBO Real Sports piece about the Deshaun Watson lawsuits,” the suit states. “In that piece, Plaintiff was struck by the courage of the victims willing to step forward and speak, and was extremely displeased by Watson and his legal team’s mistreatment and revictimization of the Plaintiffs. But it was Watson himself claiming that even now he has 'no regrets' and has done nothing wrong that solidified her resolve.”

Smith goes on to allege that her former employer played a part in setting up the interactions with Watson, then ignored her complaints following the sessions.
“‘A New U Salon Spa’ provided women for Watson,” the lawsuit states. “Dionne Louis, the owner of the spa, facilitated massages for Watson and knew Watson and knew Watson was attempting [to] have sex with them. Plaintiff expressed her concerns about Watson to Ms. Louis. Louis brushed the concerns off. It was later learned that Watson paid Dionne Louis at least five thousand dollars for Louis’s ‘work’.”

The allegation included a pair of exhibits filed with the suit, allegedly showing texts from Louis. The first showed an alleged $5,000 cash transfer from Watson with a memo of “For machine” followed by a text from Louis stating, “He didn’t give me the 20k I asked him for but he dye [sic] give me 5k.” A second exhibit showed two photos of what appeared to be a significant amount of cash in rubber bands, preceded by a text stating “DD cash me out.”

Louis called the allegations “ludicrous” when reached by USA Today.

Watson has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing as the previous suits have unfolded. Hardin has also maintained that any sexual contact with women in the suits was consensual. Thus far, two grand juries in Texas have declined to indict Watson on criminal charges, following at least 10 complaints brought to the Houston Police Department by women engaged in litigation against the quarterback.

This latest suit comes as the NFL is drawing its investigation into Watson to a close. It was expected that the league would forward its findings to an independent disciplinary officer to determine whether Watson violated the league’s personal conduct policy. Watson’s camp and the Browns were hopeful that a determination would be made by the time the team kicks off training camp in July.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am sure the numbers of women (falsely or not) will increase even more now.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Probably the suspension time too!

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Deshaun Watson’s alleged $5,000 payment to spa owner under scrutiny in massage cases

Brent Schrotenboer, USA TODAY
Wed, June 1, 2022, 5:02 PM·5 min read
link

A Houston spa owner recently testified that Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson gave her $5,000, and the reason for it was simply because “he’s a nice person,” according to a deposition transcript obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

The spa owner, Dionne Louis, facilitated massages for Watson and helped provide him with women, according to a new lawsuit filed Tuesday against Watson. And now that payment – and why he gave it to her – have come under new scrutiny as Watson faces lawsuits from 23 women who accuse him of sexual misconduct during massage sessions from early 2020 to March 2021.

At least three of the 23 plaintiffs worked for Louis or were otherwise associated with her, according to court records. Louis, who owns “A New U Salon Spa” in Houston, described one of those three plaintiffs as her cousin, a woman who accused Watson of trying to force her to perform oral sex in 2020. Watson, 26, has denied wrongdoing but could be suspended by the NFL if he is found to have violated the league’s personal conduct policy.

Louis “has been identified by several Plaintiffs as someone who was instrumental in setting up the massages between them and Deshaun Watson at her place of business – A New U Spa – knowing full well that she was sending them into danger and knowing that Deshaun Watson was looking for sexual activity rather than a professional massage,” according to court records filed in December by plaintiffs attorney Tony Buzbee.

Louis’ role in Watson’s massages also was cited in a new lawsuit filed Tuesday by the 23rd plaintiff, who worked for Louis at her spa until she said she decided to quit after her third encounter with Watson.

“A New U Salon Spa provided women for Watson,” the woman's lawsuit states. “Dionne Louis, the owner of the spa, facilitated massages for Watson and knew Watson was attempting to have sex with them. Plaintiff expressed her concerns about Watson to Ms. Louis. Louis brushed the concerns off. It was later learned that Watson paid Dionne Louis at least five thousand dollars for Louis’s 'work.’”

Reached by phone Tuesday, Louis told USA TODAY Sports, “All of that is ludicrous.”

Louis also said the newest plaintiff “has a pattern of doing this type of stuff.” She referred questions about the $5,000 to her attorney, who said he doesn’t comment on pending litigation.

Earlier this year, Watson admitted in written questions that the office of his attorney, Rusty Hardin, helped Louis find a lawyer but denied that her lawyer's fees were being paid by him or Hardin.

Louis has been described by the plaintiffs’ attorneys as an uncooperative witness, and the new lawsuit describes her as “very proud to have Watson as a client.” A footnote in the new lawsuit also stated that Louis pleaded the protections of the Fifth Amendment when asked for text messages between her and Watson.

“Louis had emphasized to Plaintiff that she needed to keep Watson happy,” the newest lawsuit states.

Louis testified in a pretrial deposition in May, when she was asked about the $5,000 payment.

“Did you do something for that?” Buzbee asked, according to the partial transcript obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

“What you mean did I do something for it?” Louis replied. “He's a nice person. Like I was in the struggle with COVID, so ...”

'HONORING AN ICON:' John Madden returns to the cover of EA Sports' Madden NFL 23

CALLED TO CONGRESS: House Oversight Committee asks Daniel Snyder, Roger Goodell to testify on Commanders probe

She said Watson gave her money only once, according to the transcript.

“And he just gave you that because he was a nice guy?” Buzbee asked.

“Yes,” she replied.

“OK. Because you asked for it?” Buzbee asked.

“Well, it was COVID and it was – he was blessing everybody,” Louis replied. “He had told me a story he blessed some cafeteria workers. He was a nice guy, really, really nice guy.”

She said she needed equipment for her spa: a “butt vacuum machine” that helps with cellulite and a “cryo machine.” But she testified she was having a hard time because of the COVID-19 pandemic and that Watson agreed to help her with $5,000. Her mention of cafeteria workers is an apparent reference to 2017, when Watson donated his first game check to cafeteria employees affected by the devastation of Hurricane Harvey.

An exhibit attached to the 23rd lawsuit filed Tuesday shows an apparent screen shot of a Cash App receipt for $5,000 from Watson to Louis, with the description “for machine.” It's dated Nov. 14 and came in 2020, Buzbee said.

Underneath the receipt, Louis apparently writes to a third party that she wanted $20,000 from Watson but got $5,000. The third party was a woman who became a plaintiff in these cases, according to the transcript. The first lawsuits were filed against Watson in March 2021.

“I told you I’ll show you how to get money from men that’s my specialty,” Louis wrote, according to the exhibit filed in court.

In her deposition in May, Louis said she didn’t remember writing that.

Hardin, Watson’s attorney, said the women are lying and out for money. When asked for comment about Louis and the $5,000, Hardin didn't answer those questions and instead ripped the new plaintiff's credibility, saying she has a vendetta against Watson and has "been acting crazy about Deshaun since November of 2020."

Two grand juries considered 10 combined complaints filed against Watson but declined to indict him on criminal charges. In a previous statement, Hardin noted that only three of the lawsuits “involve any allegation of force.” The others generally describe encounters in which they say Watson exposed himself and caused his genitals to touch them.

“As we’ve said, as Deshaun has insisted under oath, each of those three occasions were consensual and instituted by the women,” Hardin’s statement said last week.

The women say it wasn’t consensual, and one of the three plaintiffs who accuses Watson of sexual assault or coercion is described as the cousin of Louis.

The newest plaintiff said in her lawsuit “she could not refuse Watson as a client because of her boss Dionne Louis.”

Watson recently was traded from the Houston Texans to the Browns, which gave him a record guaranteed contract of $230 million over five years.

Follow reporter Brent Schrotenboer @Schrotenboer. E-mail: bschrotenb@usatoday.com

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Deshaun Watson paid $5,000 to spa owner, according to transcript

M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm sort of interested in all the manufactured plausible deniability excuses for paying a mama-san, I mean Spa Manager, $5K "just because" ....
I'm interested to know if there is evidence that the mama-san - errrrr Spa Manager - asked for $20K ....
Interested to know if the text exchanges between DW and the Mama-San - I mean Spa Manager - can be subpoenaed if they are germane to a court case.
Interested to know if there is a paper trail / text trail of the therapist expressing concern over treating DW and any response from the Mama-san, errrr Spa Manager.

Without actual evidence this is even more "he said - she said" stuff. With actual text and money transfers that are trackable ... this potentially spells some of the worst news for DW yet. And by extension the Browns.

D
Legend
Legend
D
The grand jury might have been interested in the $5000 "payment" (some might say "bribe") by Watson to the employer of these women, who subsequently felt compelled (coerced?) to provide a service they had been previously disinclined to perform.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Houston Spa Owner Testifies That Deshaun Watson Paid Her $5,000 Because “He’s A Nice Person”

Last Updated 7:39 PM, June 1, 2022 EDT – Mike Florio
link

The 23 lawsuits pending against Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson represent, for the most part, a contest of conflicting versions of events that transpired during massage sessions. There’s one witness, however, whose testimony potentially will support the argument that Watson had a habit of securing massages with the goal of having them become something more than massages.

Via Brent Schrotenboer of USA Today, Houston spa owner Dionne Louis testified in one of the cases pending against Watson that he paid her $5,000 because “he’s a nice person.”

Schrotenboer notes that at least three of the plaintiffs worked for Louis or were associated with her. The plaintiff who filed the most recent lawsuit against Watson, Nia Smith, specifically alleged that Louis facilitated massages for Watson and knew Watson was attempting to have sex with his massage therapists.

Footnote 4 to the petition filed by Nia Smith points out that Louis invoked the Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination when asked about text messages she exchanged with Watson. Smith’s lawsuit includes text messages from Louis in which she says Watson gave her $5,000, and “I told you I’ll show you how to get money from men that’s my specialty.”

Reached by Schrotenboer, Louis said of Smith’s contentions, “All of that is ludicrous.” Louis also said Smith “has a pattern of doing this type of stuff.”

The potential patterns of Dionne Louis become particularly relevant to the Watson cases, since her involvement potentially can help plaintiff’s establish that Watson had a habit of arranging massages with the goal of having those massages become sexual encounters.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

This thread is proof positive why so many long-time posters are gone and why so many guys who love to just talk football, such as guard and tru rarely post anymore. Find four articles to post the same information as the first one in an attempt to influence others to trash a man's character. Pure football, my ass!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
The reality for me is this. He was in serious trouble as a Texan but choosing between teams he actually wanted to be on, he and that new team would have been facing some serious but probably manageable music if he made as much of this disappear as quickly as possible. A few cases linger but most lose steam and down the road he signs a new contract and everyone hurumphs but it fades out of view and everyone’s back to football.

But the second a team gave him a $1/4bn, the biggest guarantee in history by far, an embarrassing reward for an extremely compromised player to go to a team he made it known he didn’t want to play for and then allowed him to continue to refuse to make it go away, it invited, nay BEGGED, all forms of “oh no you didn’t!!!” fresh hell to come raining down demanding all kinds of blood and justice and retribution.

This was entirely predictable. It won’t abate, it will spread and get worse and louder and nastier until the itch is so big it’s going to require the nuclear option to scratch it. I’ll be surprised if he plays a game this year. And if he does, the announcers will be talking about it, and the post game will be talking about it, and the weekly shows will be talking about it, and everyone is going to be more or less rooting for him and that forever stupid team to fail, looking for any reason to pile on and on and on because it won’t stop until they make it stop one way of the other. How the brass of the Browns didn’t see that giving him that contract and making that kind of news story and then NOT MANAGING IT would invite truly hellish and relentless blowback is mystifying and frankly makes me deeply question their judgement. I had so much hope for this group….

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
j/c:

This thread is proof positive why so many long-time posters are gone and why so many guys who love to just talk football, such as guard and tru rarely post anymore. Find four articles to post the same information as the first one in an attempt to influence others to trash a man's character. Pure football, my ass!

Sorry but the team invited this. There’s more to every player than his stats and what he does on the field. Period. I really don’t get into the “right or wrong” of the Deshaun stuff. I talk almost exclusively about the strategic decisions the Browns make and whether they’re good decisions for the franchise of not. The fact that NO ONE can just talk about Deshaun the football player means that the other stuff matters more frankly. A lot more. And will effect Deshaun the football player on the field tremendously. And thus the long term arc of the Browns tremendously. To say we wish we could just talk about football and Deshaun the football player is just another way of saying I wish he were a different person and this was a different kind of team.

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
V
Legend
Legend
V
Sorry, but I am not changing my mind. You, and other Baker fans, are salivating over the possibility of a man's character being destroyed in the Pure Football forum. Shameful. This is not football talk. It's character assassination. The rest of the country isn't making nearly as much about this as the Baker fans are.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Vers, what the heck is wrong with you dude. All you ever do is bring up Mayfield in every one of your posts trying to sway people to your train of thought. Nobody is salivating over the possibility of a man's character being destroyed or assassinating his character. There is not a single person on this forum that had anything to do with the issues Watson is facing. The 42 and counting number of women that have been thrown into this mess because of the alleged actions by Watson are his doing - not the posters here. Baker has nothing to do with what Watson is facing either. The Browns are in this mess because they injected themselves into the mess.

You continue to claim this isn't football talk. I cannot think a football talk topic can be any more important than the strong possibility that the Browns chosen QB is going to be sitting on the sidelines because of his off the field decision making process. That after all the work the organization has done in building a competitive roster with championship capability is now being threatened because of the poor decision-making process of the QB they sought out. Whether Watson is quilty or not, the fact still remains that all of the previous stats, arm strength, yards, and TD's that Watson can bring to the Cleveland Browns means absolutley nothing, zero, zip if he isn't on the field. That my friend has a direct bearing on the football ability of the team we support on this forum thus is football talk.

Your comment about the rest of the country not making much about this as the Baker fans is just plain foolish. When Watson was a Texan last year, Browns fans could have cared less what was going on with Watson or the Texans. Now Watson is a member of the Cleveland Browns with a 230M guaranteed contract that those same Browns fans are now looking at a strong possibility that the chosen one QB won't even be playing in the foreseeable future. Contrary to your belief, that has nothing to do with Baker Mayfield or the fans that appreciate what Mayfield has done for the players, fans, and organization the last 4 years in Cleveland. You want to demean Mayfield on his way out of town and that's your prerogative but people also have the same right to support Mayfield without your attacks. That support has nothing to do with Watson's and Cleveland's self-inflicted issues with over 42 women that more likely than not is going to put the Browns QB on the sidelines for an extended period of time which effects the football team. .

Watson not being able to play and the reason he won't be playing is football and thus should be talked about by the fans of the team because it's part of the pure football forum - not having our QB available to play!

2 members like this: mgh888, WSU Willie
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
j/c:

Nobody has to try and trash a man's character in Watson, he's done that all by himself. Watson's choices that will most likely be cause for his inability to play some or all of 2022 were his and his alone. He didn't have help from anyone on this forum.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Dawg Citizen
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
If that happens, it could cost Berry his job!

I doubt it....at least in a singular view. I think the decision on Watson was a team effort with a lot of discussion that also included Jimmy and Dee Haslam, as well as the Haslams son-in law JW Johnston who seems to be poised to take over once his wife inherits the team.

I don't know if the Haslam daughter's have any real involvement in the team, but JW is pretty deep in the operation. It looks like he is the one with the chops to take over the actual operations of the team.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by mac
A Houston spa owner recently testified that Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson gave her $5,000, and the reason for it was simply because “he’s a nice person,” according to a deposition transcript obtained by USA TODAY Sports.

After reading that, TX prosecutor probably already has an indictment from the grand jury. Dude is going to prison.

-PrplPplEater
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Sorry, but I am not changing my mind. You, and other Baker fans, are salivating over the possibility of a man's character being destroyed in the Pure Football forum. Shameful. This is not football talk. It's character assassination. The rest of the country isn't making nearly as much about this as the Baker fans are.

vers...like it or not, Watson's off the field history is "directly linked" to his play on the field. Watson didn't even take the field last season because of his OFF THE FIELD CONDUCT.

So now Browns fans are left with the reality that Watson's 'off the field history' could and will likely have an impact on our Browns, depending on how long of a suspension the NFL gives Watson. The claim that Watson's past conduct is not a pure football subject is pure BS.

Watson did this to himself and the fact that new issues continue to surface and are being discussed does not mean 'anyone' is trying to destroy Watson's character.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Deshaun Watson Again

Link Copied to Clipboard