Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Legend
Legend
M
This was from a conversation that took in a DW thread - since it directly involves OBJ I figured I would repost it here. If anyone really wants OBJ back after what he did, his lack of effort to learn a play book (evident by never knowing where to line up) and then freelancing ... and using the freelancing to deliberately make a another player look bad ... I question the thought process. I heard about the freelancing when OBJ was released - I wasn't certain of the truth behind it, it could have been the team doing a little damage control... But I'll take GM and by extension the other reports at their word.

I'm not as football smart as some - in a timing offense, how bad an impact would the WR not being on the spot he's supposed to be? Is that bad?

Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Originally Posted by mgh888
Originally Posted by GMdawg
I tried three times to send you a PM bro, but they all said your PM box was full.
OBJ wanted out of Cleveland so bad that he was free lancing his routes. Sure the posts his Dad made him look open.... he was open because he ran his own damn routes, not the ones that the coaching staff set up. He screwed his own team for the sake of his own personal gain. OBJ can rot in hell,. He treated the browns ten times worse than Baker ever did.

GM - I've seen this reported. Are you confirming this from a position of knowledge?

YES

Thanks. I always believed it to be true. But never used it to try and defend Baker because of how unsubstantiated I felt the report to be. Brings a whole new meaning to a video promoting how wide open he was and how crap Baker is... Used to bash one player and also get a release. Makes OBJ an even bigger POS. No wonder Baker wasn't looking his way. I guess he felt it didn't matter where he lined up either if he wasn't running the designed routes.

Additionally, for all the Baker is a mental midget bashing that goes on.... Baker didn't say a peep even though OBJ and OBJs dad made the guy look like a 3rd string QB with that hatchet job video.

And posters want him back, give him a free pass while saying Baker's bum shoulder and broken humerus didn't affect him much. Smh

Last edited by mgh888; 06/09/22 01:02 PM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

I want OBJ back and I trust the words of his teammates and realize that just the fact that FO is having internal discussions about bringing him back tells me quite a bit about the reality of the OBJ situation.

Of course, I don't have a problem w/the OBJ haters. They are entitled to their opinion.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
j/c:

...just the fact that FO is having internal discussions about bringing him back tells me quite a bit about the reality of the OBJ situation...

You know this as a fact, eh?

B
Legend
Legend
B
No

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
We have enough drama on this team with Watson. Don't need anymore Clown shoes, wearing a watch on the field and Daddy filming pass routes.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Beckham is a cancer in the locker room with the goal of manipulating people and opinions to benefit himself.

Beckham is facing an uncertain future after blowing out the same knee for a second time and his recovery period will drag on into the season. The Browns or any team would be fools for signing Beckham without knowing if his recovery and rehab are complete and shown to be successful.

One of the first things OBJ did after suffering the knee injury in the Super Bowl was to throw the Doctors under the bus claiming their surgery was a failure and giving the impression that the doctors were to blame. One detail that is rarely mentioned by OBJ is who did the surgery to repair his knee the first time...

...it was Dr James Andrews who repaired OBJ's knee, one of the very best knee doctors in the United States.

I see Beckham's attempt to throw Dr Andrews under the bus as just another example of who Beckham is...it's always someone else's fault...he never takes responsibility for anything.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Well to be fair there are a lot of quotes from team mates giving OBJ love ... now whether he bought some of that love with giving them stuff? Whether he just is a cool cat and some enjoyed his company? idk -- so I don't think I'd label him a locker room cancer.

His not knowing where to line up 1/2 the time - his freelancing routes .... that hurts the team. Telling other free agents not to come to CLE and having his dad post that video - just makes him a POS. Two ACL's on the same knee makes him a question mark to play 17 games and a full season.

I agree that trashing the surgery was another classless thing - whether true or not, still trashy.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
V
Legend
Legend
V
What a "hater."

A
Legend
Legend
A
What a "hater."
I thought you didn't like name calling. Guess it's ok for YOU to do.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
What a "hater."

It's amazing how slow you are. It was a joke because anyone who dares tell the truth about Baker is called a "hater."

A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
What a "hater."

It's amazing how slow you are.

And again. Amazing.

E
Legend
Legend
E
No!

Frin day One he DID NOT WANT TO BE A BROWN and was a malcontent about. He didn't Practice Off season or during - Game time he played and put out his best. But he was never a Brown in his eyes. Landry begging him to join the team after he was here.
So NO. If we have Watson, I don't think we need him. If we don't have Watson and Baker is gone - he will not want to be here!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
P
Legend
Legend
P
It's amazing how slow you are. It was a joke because anyone who dares tell the truth about Baker is called a "hater."

And anyone who dares disagrees with some of your wild accusations about Baker and all the shade you throw out is called a Baker Boy or some other nonsense. That's what you dished out for quite some time until the tables were turned on you. Stop acting like this is a one way street.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yet another lie.

P
Legend
Legend
P
People can read. You know that's what you've been doing. So do they.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Okay, let's do this and I will go back to not responding to your constant attacks. You go back and find the first time I used the Fabulous Baker Boys tag. Post the date. I will post a date when you guys started getting on my case about Baker.

Again, you said this:

And anyone who dares disagrees with some of your wild accusations about Baker and all the shade you throw out is called a Baker Boy or some other nonsense. That's what you dished out for quite some time until the tables were turned on you.

Now, move the goal posts like you always do. You post to me and about me several times each and every day. I have been ignoring your comments and those of 888 for quite some time. Not because I don't want to fight back, but the bickering clutters the board. So, let's settle this little lie you just told and I will go back to not responding to your multiple attacks each day.

Legend
Legend
Fabulous Baker Boys

rofl Now that is hilarious. I don't care who said it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks. I take it you saw the movie? LOL

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Do you want OBJ back

Link Copied to Clipboard