Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Swish #1953418 06/26/22 08:48 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
the whole damn country would be ablaze and rightfully so.

The country should be set ablaze because we give a possible life a chance to grow and live?

Y'all are sick.

I'm not even going to justify this with a real response, but if you need a few bucks to buy a clue, I'll be happy to send it to you.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Both of those kids will be hardcore progressives after that trauma. Their parents should be jailed for letting a monster grab them.

Swish #1953422 06/26/22 08:53 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Vows A 'Kid' In The Womb Will Be As Safe As Those In Classrooms

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sarah-huckabee-sanders-vows-kid-000349731.html

Yikes.

LMFAO, they have no clue what they are saying from the top to the bottom. Constantly proving how dumb they are is in their DNA.

OldColdDawg #1953426 06/26/22 09:03 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Your lucky Biden called for peaceful protest and we heard it or the whole damn country would be ablaze and rightfully so.

ANTIFA is just an idea, not a real thing, right? Ideas don't burn things, right?

FrankZ #1953427 06/26/22 09:06 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Your lucky Biden called for peaceful protest and we heard it or the whole damn country would be ablaze and rightfully so.

ANTIFA is just an idea, not a real thing, right? Ideas don't burn things, right?

75% chance that if anything kicks off, your white supremacist friends on the right started it. FACTS.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/26/22 09:06 PM.

FrankZ #1953429 06/26/22 09:09 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

Looks like Rudy found ANTIFA.

The guy got arrested for this. smh. Meanwhile, another Stormtrooper GOPer cop punches a female activist like crazy and I still haven't heard about an arrest.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/26/22 09:17 PM.

Swish #1953430 06/26/22 09:10 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

I could not agree more! Let's do this.

OldColdDawg #1953431 06/26/22 09:13 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

75% chance that if anything kicks off, your white supremacist friends on the right started it. FACTS.

I don't hang out with "white supremacists" and I don't think you meant them when you said Biden kept you from burning down the country.

FrankZ #1953432 06/26/22 09:18 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O
If you are in the GOPer party, you do. Rather you are physically in their presence or not.

BUT I won't dodge your point. The left absolutely has a violent streak when they suffer the injustices of fascism from a small minority of swine.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/26/22 09:20 PM.

OldColdDawg #1953434 06/26/22 09:26 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If you are in the GOPer party, you do. Rather you are physically in their presence or not.

BUT I won't dodge your point. The left absolutely has a violent streak when they suffer the injustices of fascism from a small minority of swine.

You want to know the secret to convincing someone you aren't a joke during a debate... stop insulting everyone and calling them names. Seriously, you might think you are a good guy but the rage schtick isn't going to move a needle in your favor.

1 member likes this: WSU Willie
FrankZ #1953436 06/26/22 09:32 PM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Trump raged and got elected president.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
2 members like this: PitDAWG, OldColdDawg
FrankZ #1953439 06/26/22 09:58 PM
O
Legend
Legend
O

You want to know the secret to convincing someone you aren't a joke during a debate... stop insulting everyone and calling them names. Seriously, you might think you are a good guy but the rage schtick isn't going to move a needle in your favor.

Do you know how to keep me from saying things you don't like to you? Don't address me or use my name in your posts. That's probably the ONLY way for you.

OldColdDawg #1953440 06/26/22 10:00 PM
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

Looks like Rudy found ANTIFA.

The guy got arrested for this. smh. Meanwhile, another Stormtrooper GOPer cop punches a female activist like crazy and I still haven't heard about an arrest.

The gop cop was charged with simple assault and disorderly conduct

O
Legend
Legend
O
For that Mike Tyson-like assault? This kid going to have to fight the court and the MAGA HATE MACHINE for life.

OldColdDawg #1953447 06/26/22 10:41 PM
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
If you're for non-government intervention relating to guns, privacy, freedoms, all republicans should be for abortions and a woman's right to choose.

Anything other than this is hypocritical. It's a super weird hill to die on. I mean, who in the hell is the government, you, or another person to try and enforce what somebody else does with their body. You don't know them or what their circumstances are.

If the person is a responsible adult then that's up to them to make the decision that's best for their life. Why are some people trying to push their views on complete strangers? That is a problem! Why do they even care what another person is doing!?

Last edited by tastybrownies; 06/26/22 10:42 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
2 members like this: PitDAWG, OldColdDawg
PitDAWG #1953453 06/27/22 05:55 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
You're not heading out to burn down your city are you?

No more than you're marching toward the Capital carrying a Q Anon flag. But then you knew that.

Probably not, but then again, he is the one talking about wanting an asteroid smashing in to the earth to destroy mankind.

Irrational talk sometimes leads to irrational behavior.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
PitDAWG #1953454 06/27/22 05:59 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Rhode Island police officer will face charges for off-duty actions at abortion protest

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A Rhode Island police officer accused of punching a woman at an abortion protest while he was off-duty was suspended from his job with pay Saturday and is facing charges.

Jennifer Rourke, Rhode Island Political Cooperative Chairwoman and a state Senate candidate, told the Providence Journal she was punched in the face at least twice by Jeann Lugo, the officer who had also been her challenger in the state Senate race.

I guess just like watson he forgot about what his mom taught him in regards to how you treat women. I'm sure she didn't teach him to beat them.

Lugo told the Journal on he was "not going to deny" the punching allegation, but added that "everything happened very fast."

"As an officer that swore to protect and serve our communities, I, unfortunately, saw myself in a situation that no individual should see themselves in," he said in the email to the Boston Globe. "I stepped in to protect someone that a group of agitators was attacking."

Lugo did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Associated Press.

Video of the event posted online shows two other individuals involved in a physical altercation at the protest right before a woman, apparently Rourke, is seen being hit. The video does not show what happened between Lugo and Rourke prior to Rourke being hit.

Lugo was arrested on a Rhode Island State Police affidavit and charged with simple assault and disorderly conduct. He turned himself into the Lincoln Woods Barracks where he was arraigned in front of a Justice of the Peace and released on personal recognizance.

Two others were also arrested at the demonstration. Jessica Burton, 39, of Warwick, Rhode Island, will face a charge of disorderly conduct, and Nicholas Morrell, 31, of Warwick, Rhode Island will face charges of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and weapons other than firearms.

Providence Mayor Jorge Elorza addressed the conflict in a tweet but said he was limited in what he could say.

"I've seen the video and it's immensely disturbing," Elorza said. "Those responsible will be held fully accountable."

At midday Saturday, Lugo tweeted that he was dropping out of the race.

"I will not be running for any office this fall," he said.

In a news release announcing the suspension, Providence police said the suspended officer was a three-year veteran.

The altercation occurred during a Friday protest outside the Rhode Island State House in Providence that was in response to the decision by the U.S. Supreme Court that overturned Roe v. Wade, the 1973 decision that had provided a constitutional right to abortion.

https://www.cbsnews.com/boston/news...Co3snmuKxdrEOKamIiuD-kfEnDD2lANH1Jt58Sug

Ahh...the black victim. How about just being the victim? Had it been the other way around, being the white victim rings hollow.

So does this.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: WSU Willie
Ballpeen #1953455 06/27/22 06:14 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
By John Solomon
Updated: June 25, 2022 - 6:52am
Article
Dig In
Two months into his presidency, as he did often on the campaign trial, President Joe Biden asked America to embrace the legitimacy of government.

“Put trust and faith in our government to fulfill its most important function, which is protecting the American people,” the 46th president implored his country in a March 2021 speech on the anniversary of the COVID-19 lockdowns.

On Friday, after being stung by abortion and gun rights rulings by the Supreme Court that he disagreed with, the president changed his tune and launched a verbal assault on America’s judicial branch of government and its iconic marbled court of nine justices.

The president took a blowtorch to the Supreme Court in language clearly designed to undermine its legitimacy. He accused the justices of waging a “deliberate effort over decades to upset the balance of our law" and decried their “extreme and dangerous path", as he insisted the nation’s highest court had made the “United States an outlier among developed nations” by reversing the half-century-old Roe v. Wade decision.

A day earlier, he slammed the court’s verdict that the Second Amendment’s right to bear arms extended to carrying in public, calling that decision “unconstitutional.”

In so doing, Biden trampled his own promise to embrace government and the rule of law. He also veered from the civility most presidents and senior political leaders have shown the court, even when it ruled against their wishes.

Barack Obama, for instance, didn’t like the famed Heller gun ruling in 2008 that overturned DC’s restrictive handgun laws, but issued a statement that suggested good people could find common ground in it.

“I will uphold the Constitutional rights of law-abiding gun-owners, hunters, and sportsmen,” Obama said. “I know that what works in Chicago may not work in Cheyenne. We can work together to enact common-sense laws.”

George W. Bush showed the same deference when the justices rejected his arguments that Guantanamo Bay terrorist prisoners didn’t deserve full rights in the courts. “We’ll abide by the court’s decision,” Bush said. “That doesn’t mean I have to agree with it.”

Likewise, Al Gore upheld the legitimacy of the legal system after losing the 2000 election in an epic Supreme Court ruling: ““I accept the finality of the outcome … And tonight, for the sake of our unity as a people and the strength of our democracy, I offer my concession,” the then-vice president said.

Biden’s angry strike at the court’s legitimacy drew a rebuke from many corridors, including from a famed liberal law professor who voted for him.

“I am concerned about that,” Harvard University law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz told "Just the News, Not Noise" television program Friday night when asked about Biden’s reaction.

Dershowitz said Democrats have a legitimate gripe that Republicans blocked a Democrat nominee to the Supreme Court in the 2016 election year but approved their own nominee in 2020, but said that did not warrant assaulting the legitimacy of a court that for two-plus centuries has kept law and order in the country while disappointing both parties over its history.

"The Supreme Court itself is a legitimate institution. And we should not undercut it,” he said. “It's done a lot of good for civil liberties, for human rights, for civil rights. It's also done some bad like any other institutions in government. It has a mixed record. And we should try to work within the institution of the Supreme Court.”

Adding to many concerns, prior presidents who showed deference to justices didn’t have the backdrop of Biden’s last year, in which a deranged assassin plotted to kill Justice Brett Kavanaugh while Democrats legitimately considered packing the court just to change its ideological makeup.

“I think the worst thing we could do is try to pack the court,” Dershowitz said.

Biden’s anti-court rhetoric was shared across the Democratic spectrum, a display worrisome to those who don’t believe a legal loss should be used to undermine an entire court system.

Rep. Maxine Waters, D-Calif., a party elder, called on Americans to ignore the court’s authority. “The hell with the Supreme Court. We will defy them,” she said, adding a twist of race to her argument. “Women will be in control of their bodies. And if they think Black women are intimidated or afraid, they got another thought coming."

Young firebrand Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortes, D- N.Y., protested outside the court by repeatedly chanting the justices were “illegitimate” while urging Americans to take to the streets.

Such attacks carried to the media, where Bloomberg columnist Noah Feldman penned an article declaring the abortion ruling was “suicidal for the Supreme Court.”

Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., said political leaders have a responsibility to cool tempers and emotions in America's tinder-dry political environment.

"I've been concerned about violence for a long time," he told Just the News on Friday.

"We've got America very divided, deeply divided from a political ideology standpoint. And this division is starting to boil over, and it has been for a long time. There are people on the left and people on the right, who [are] just getting more aggressive in their criticism of public officials, whether they be members of Congress or Supreme Court justices. So, you know, it's certainly a concern. I think that we need to certainly instill a lot of security around Washington DC right now. And hopefully, this will cool down, but the temperature is very high."

https://justthenews.com/government/...-biden-undermines-supreme-court-ways-his

Last edited by Ballpeen; 06/27/22 06:15 AM.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1953456 06/27/22 06:19 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
One of the key comments in the above article.

Rep. James Comer, R-Ky., said political leaders have a responsibility to cool tempers and emotions in America's tinder-dry political environment.

This clearly isn't happening and IMO is borderline on treason. Fanning the flames of anarchy is a very ugly look

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
OldColdDawg #1953457 06/27/22 06:19 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Who gives a damn, that is their right. It is only a problem for religious zealots!

It's not their right in Ohio now if a heartbeat can be heard. I have been hearing for years on these boards that abortion is legal so they are not breaking any laws. Well now they will be. The shoe is now on the other foot and you know how I have felt for the last 49 years.

It's their right no matter where they are and no matter what a GOPer government tried to push on them. Only somebody like you thinks you have the right to impose this upon women you will never ever know. This kind of thinking came with the tea party, so you don't get to play the good GOPer and talk this trash. Do you think people quit being people or any basic need changes with the government ruling them? If you do, you are brainwashed as they come. No law or government has the right to do what this extreme court just did. Nobody has a right to tell you what to do with your own body. Owning slaves or holding women as chattel ARE NOT YOUR RIGHT. Get over yourself and come into the modern world. Take this BS and shove it, because it doesn't mean a damn thing to me. Extremist GOPer laws are inherently STUPID, gutless, and heartless because the extremist GOPers are inherently STUPID, gutless, and heartless. Now bring more BS if you want because I brought my shovel.

Hope your less grumpy today.

Now lets see. Where should I start?

It may still be their right in some states. Some states it won't be, and others it will be available but with restrictions. Now as far as my ideas and the Tea Party.... You do know the Tea Party came alone in 2009. I have been speaking against abortion since 1973. I have never been shy about it. Never kept quiet about it IMO The battle is not over in Ohio yet for me as I still think we need a change in Ohio's new laws on abortion. As far as I can tell there is no exception for rape, or incest, and I believe there should be. BTW How can I be a good or bad GOPer when im not even a GOPer lol

No law or government has the right to do what this extreme court just did.
According to the law the Supreme Court says that the extreme Court in 1973 didn't have the right to make abortion legal in all 50 States.

Nobody has a right to tell you what to do with your own body.

Yet you supported mask wearing (and so did I) You never utter a thing about rights when it comes to these things.
But where was the outrage when you can't drive 90 in a 35 MPH zone.... it's your body how dare they tell you what to due with it.
Wanna use all the crack, herion, PCP, peyote, acid, Oxy, or one of many other drugs. Sorry no can do the government tells you you can't do what you want with your own body.
Wanna drink and drive.... nope
Wanna smoke outside in some states.... nope
Wanna smoke in your own house in some places... nope
Wanna run a stop sign, or a red light.... no can do legally.
Wanna walk around naked in public..... once again something you can't do with your own body.
Wanna pay a woman for sex... hey it's her body.

That list can go on and on, and on. Yet I hear crickets from you buddy.

Owning slaves or holding women as chattel ARE NOT YOUR RIGHT.

and never once in my life have I said they were.

Take this BS and shove it,

Can you at least sing that to me in a Johnny Paycheck voice.... Take this BS and shove it, I ain't working here no more LOL

Be careful shoveling that BS now we are not getting any younger.

Last edited by GMdawg; 06/27/22 06:22 AM.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
GMdawg #1953458 06/27/22 07:16 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I don't even need to cover this with you today. Just found out Team red is going to go after social security and disability for y'all too. Smh. I figure you will be out on the line too when that happens. Who the hell even thinks these hateful ass things up anyway? Jesus these people are corrupt.

F
Legend
Legend
F
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
I have no idea why any woman would want to have casual sex with a conservative male.

Because having sex in a guy's parents basement isn't romantic? /ba da dum /rimshot

Sorry, had push the stereotype comedy. smile tongue

Last edited by FloridaFan; 06/27/22 07:43 AM.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Swish #1953469 06/27/22 08:12 AM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Noem defends no exception for rape, incest in South Dakota trigger law

https://www.yahoo.com/news/noem-defends-no-exception-rape-161637081.html

the people who support no exceptions for rape or incest are straight up monsters. this isn't about protecting life whatsoever. it has always been about control. a dead body literally has more autonomy than a living woman.

and the same people who support anti-abortion legislation don't want to expand WIC, SNAP, or any other programs that help women in poverty actually care for these babies. they look at babies as nothing more than a commodity for the futures market. freaking disgusting.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
OldColdDawg #1953478 06/27/22 08:44 AM
Legend
Legend
I don't even need to cover this with you today. Just found out Team red is going to go after social security and disability for y'all too. Smh. I figure you will be out on the line too when that happens. Who the hell even thinks these hateful ass things up anyway? Jesus these people are corrupt.

We are gathering up our canes, walkers, and rascal scooters for a fight, and we will bring are dirty diapers to throw wink

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Swish #1953479 06/27/22 08:48 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
I wouldn't say they are monsters, not say it is about control over women.

That said, I agree there should be exceptions in special cases.

In the scheme of things, I don't think there are all that many pregnancies that are the result of incest or rape, but even a few is too many. I can agree that in those cases abortion is a viable ending. Obviously, anything that would harm the mother in the childbirth process and maybe even if it is determined the fetus isn't developing normally and is bound to be brought to term suffering severe handicaps. Thalidomide babies come to mind.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1953483 06/27/22 08:53 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Nope. Monsters. Call it like it is.

Rape babies must be born. I mean it’s life. The mother should just smile at her ‘blessing’ and raise it and shut her mouth like a good woman.

The GOP and it’s voters are monsters.

[Linked Image]
FloridaFan #1953486 06/27/22 08:59 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
I have no idea why any woman would want to have casual sex with a conservative male.

Because having sex in a guy's parents basement isn't romantic? /ba da dum /rimshot

Sorry, had push the stereotype comedy. smile tongue

LOL...to add, I was thinking there might not be enough liberal males who have sex with women.

Come on, just a joke. As the Cableman would say, "That's funny, I don't care who you are"

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1953489 06/27/22 09:06 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I did just fine in college. Liberal college girls are beautiful and fun. They love college educated boys too.
You all had to settle for the 20 year old Waffle House waitresses with her two pack a day habits and two kids at home from two different daddies. But hey she goes to church and votes GOP!!

[Linked Image]
OldColdDawg #1953494 06/27/22 09:25 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Do you know how to keep me from saying things you don't like to you? Don't address me or use my name in your posts. That's probably the ONLY way for you.

No that is fine, you do you, but understand people that just raging and talking about burning stuff down and acting like spoiled petulant children do not change minds. You talk about nazis and fascism enough, but let's be honest, your behaviour is every bit as bad. Marxism is the other side of the fascist coin.

Swish #1953496 06/27/22 09:26 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It's kinda funny your only argument is "but Trump!"

Swish #1953512 06/27/22 10:22 AM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Supreme Court rules school district cannot prohibit high school football coach's prayers on field

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/27/poli...-school-supreme-court-kennedy/index.html

this is one case where i never thought in my life would be an actual case. everybody who's ever played football - or any sport - knows this is a common theme. even people who aren't religious get with the team and pray, just simply for comradery and respect. no one i know was ever forced to be in the prayer. you could just stand there and bow your head.

this was one of the dumbest cases to even come up to the SC.

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
FrankZ #1953523 06/27/22 10:49 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You had ample chance to respond to what I wrote instead of taking a shot. Don't act all innocent

It was you yourself who not so long ago plainly stated that you had no intention to have a discussion with me. Something about how you didn't respect me and droning on in some diatribe rant. So now you whine that's it's me not willing to have discussion with you. That's rich.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Swish #1953526 06/27/22 10:56 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I’m going to lay out some genuine thoughts for the anti abortion crowd and am looking for feedback not fights. Here goes.

1) If you all feel that a 17 year old girl is capable of/responsible enough to raise a child, as seen in certain people’s actual life stories posted here, then shouldn’t that same 17 year old girl, or boy, be responsible enough to be granted the right to family planning surgery? Tubal ligation/vasectomy.
Both have lifelong ramifications. And I’d certainly say raising a child has MUCH higher stakes.

2) Would you get behind funding for true family planning clinics that provided these services for anyone over 17?

Side note of modern day ‘Murika insanity. I have a 22 year old nephew that wants to get snipped and can’t get it done. He’s “too young”. He doesn’t want kids. He’s trying to do the right thing. Yet the system denies him. He can buy a gun. Drive a car. Buy alcohol. Have children!! But he can’t get snipped. The doctors told him if he had kids already they’d do it. What kind of insanity is this?!

[Linked Image]
Ballpeen #1953528 06/27/22 11:05 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Ahh...the black victim. How about just being the victim? Had it been the other way around, being the white victim rings hollow.

So does this.

I can't say I disagree with you when it comes to that angle of it. But then I think you may have to admit when the president that the Republican party elected claims "There are good people on both sides", when one side was chanting "Jews will not replace us!", you know promoting the white replacement theory, you have to say that he has embraced white supremacists. There are even elected GOP politicians who espouse Q Anon conspiracy theories. When you welcome such extremists with open arms you are helping promote their ideas and principals into your mainstream politics. That doesn't mean yelling the race card where it doesn't apply is any better, just far more understandable. Trump and his trumpians just made it far more believable now.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Ballpeen #1953532 06/27/22 11:09 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
One of the key comments in the above article.

This clearly isn't happening and IMO is borderline on treason. Fanning the flames of anarchy is a very ugly look

rofl

You picked an odd time to care about this using things very understated to compared to what has been used just recently. There was no call for violence. No orders to march anywhere from the president or anything close to that nature. Yet up until now? Not a peep from you. Not that I expected any less.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That is so dumb. He is an adult he can make the choice, and live with the consequences if they arise.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
That was very good framing on your part, and honestly, I've avoided this thread because it really does invoke a ton of visceral anger, and when we are in that state, I don't think anything good can happen. By the way, I'm not judging anyone. I'm as guilty as anyone on that front.

To give a preamble before answering your questions, I don't feel comfortable sharing the story on this board yet, but this is an issue that has really affected me personally, and has driven a lot of my viewing standpoint. I do try hard to be as objective on issues as I can, but I'd be lying if I said that I can be completely 100% objective on this one through my own lens of experience. It's a very unique issue because it's the only one I can think of where - right or wrong - both sides view their position as protecting fundamental human rights.

Now, to answer your good questions:

1) I don't necessarily fee that a 17 year old girl is capable of/responsible enough to raise a child - on her own. I think if there is a ban put in place, then there should be every practical resource made available to those who require it. I'm talking that the birth should be covered, the health care of child and mother should be covered, formula, diapers, etc. should all be covered. Could this be taken advantage of? Yes. However, if this is that important of an issue - one viewed as protecting human rights - then we should literally put our money where our mouths are. When it comes to the procedures you mentioned, I would be supportive of that. I would be lying if I said I didn't have concerns with it, given how difficult it is to make a decision at that age with that maturity, which obviously falls very well in line with your point of
living with the permanency of one's actions. However, I think given the weighted scenario of the two, then yes, I would support it. On top of that, I would support the procedure being covered as well.

2) I guess I just answered this one already, as I look back to the question, but yes.

Thanks for the discussion.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
FrankZ #1953535 06/27/22 11:16 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
No that is fine, you do you, but understand people that just raging and talking about burning stuff down and acting like spoiled petulant children do not change minds.

No, but rump sure used it to turn out the vote. When people are enraged and vote based on hate and anger, being hateful and angry, or at least pretending to be, got Trump nominated and elected president in 2016. So you can't honestly say it never works.

#gmstrong
Swish #1953537 06/27/22 11:17 AM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Supreme Court rules for inmates seeking reduced prison terms

https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-court-rules-inmates-seeking-142638912.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court made it easier Monday for certain prison inmates to seek shorter sentences under a bipartisan 2018 federal law aimed at reducing racial disparities in prison terms for cocaine crimes.

The justices ruled 5-4 that trial judges who are asked to resentence inmates may look at a wide range of factors, including some that have nothing to do with crack cocaine offenses that had produced longer stints in prison, disproportionately for people of color.

The high court settled a disagreement among the nation's appellate courts over what judges should do in these cases.

The case before the justices involved Carlos Concepcion, who is serving a 19-year sentence after he pleaded guilty to possessing at least five grams of crack cocaine with an intent to distribute.

But the length of Concepcion's prison term really was determined by previous state court convictions that made him a career offender under federal law.

In 2019, Concepcion asked for a reduced sentence under the First Step Act that President Donald Trump signed into law a year earlier. Concepcion argued that the law made him eligible for a shorter term, but he also pointed to his earlier convictions, one of which had been thrown out and others of which were no longer considered violent crimes under intervening Supreme Court decisions.

Still, the judge refused to consider changes to his sentence.

“The District Court in this case declined to consider petitioner Carlos Concepcion’s arguments that intervening changes of law and fact supported his motion, erroneously believing that it did not have the discretion to do so,” Justice Sonia Sotomayor wrote in her opinion for the court.

An unusual group of justices joined her, Clarence Thomas, Stephen Breyer, Elena Kagan and Neil Gorsuch.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus SC Rulings

Link Copied to Clipboard