Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
BADdog #1953755 06/28/22 08:39 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by BADdog
Imagine if a supreme court nominee lied to congress during nomination hearings. Is that perjury? Shouldnt they be removed for perjury it is the supreme court.

Lot's of luck with that. Every case is different and every argument is different. Settled law is sometimes unsettled as new arguments are presented.

Roe was never black letter law. It was red letter from the start.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: SuperBrown
Swish #1953757 06/28/22 08:41 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Swish
Right, so it seems like you have no firm position on anything.

It’s starting to become very apparent that you have no idea what you actually want or think this country should be, you’re just another dude who knows that whatever anyone else suggest, you’re not for it.

Every thread, same outcome. Your position is to not have one. That’s cool, I guess we can limit our interactions together then.

So you are saying you didn't read it and want me to just explain it to you?

Damanshot #1953761 06/28/22 08:48 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think by mid-fall we will have seen our young people out in force with their fascist stompers on. And I'm not calling for it, trying to encourage it, or otherwise wanting it to happen, but there do seem to be rumblings. They are getting pissed at Biden and demanding more than "get out the vote." Have read about calls Dems to unite and kill the filibuster, for 5 Extreme court dis-justices to be impeached and removed, And for Biden to increase the court seats to thirteen, being one for each circuit court. They really want the filibuster gone and Senators Manchin and Sinema to sign on. Manchin seems to be under incredible pressure, even in his home state.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/28/22 08:55 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Ballpeen #1953763 06/28/22 08:53 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
I’m going to lay out some genuine thoughts for the anti abortion crowd and am looking for feedback not fights. Here goes.

1) If you all feel that a 17 year old girl is capable of/responsible enough to raise a child, as seen in certain people’s actual life stories posted here, then shouldn’t that same 17 year old girl, or boy, be responsible enough to be granted the right to family planning surgery? Tubal ligation/vasectomy.
Both have lifelong ramifications. And I’d certainly say raising a child has MUCH higher stakes.

2) Would you get behind funding for true family planning clinics that provided these services for anyone over 17?

Side note of modern day ‘Murika insanity. I have a 22 year old nephew that wants to get snipped and can’t get it done. He’s “too young”. He doesn’t want kids. He’s trying to do the right thing. Yet the system denies him. He can buy a gun. Drive a car. Buy alcohol. Have children!! But he can’t get snipped. The doctors told him if he had kids already they’d do it. What kind of insanity is this?!

I wouldn't support funding other than private donations.

17 or over 17? If a person is of legal age, I don't see why a person shouldn't be able to have elective surgery. I am not even sure they can't. I don't think any law prevents that. Something to research a bit. I mean, people can change their sex! Talk about life altering.

If a person is under the age of 18, probably not.

This probably won't go over, I would like to see "adulthood" changed back to 21 years old. I don't think 18 year olds are anywhere near being adult. For that matter, most 21 year olds aren't either, but you have to start somewhere.
I would give active military the right to vote at 18 years old to eliminate that argument.

Back to your 22 year old nephew. There are no laws that prevent him from having a vasectomy, but a MD isn't required to perform a vasectomy, and there shouldn't be. Really no different than some MD's wouldn't perform abortions. Even sex change operations are only done after considerable medical evaluation and process.

I'd say your nephew needs to look for another DR., but even then I think there would be a process. I don't think he is going to find a 1 stop shop where he walks in and walks out neutered 2 hours later. I think he is going to run in to the 'process" anywhere he goes.

But you support forcing 17 year olds to give birth and have stated in so many ways that they’re capable, adult enough, to raise kids… even though you think adulthood should be moved to 21 because 18 year olds aren’t adults? Man you’re a walking paradox.

Why should my nephew have to play MD search?! He pays his insurance premiums. He’s using his in network MD. Why should he have to play stupid games and or pay for out of network MDs? The MD just needs to cut the damn kid and put his own personal belief nonsense aside.

[Linked Image]
GMdawg #1953777 06/28/22 09:32 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Imagine the backlash if those guys said... I refuse to prosecute drunk drivers because I believe they have the right to choose if they drink and drive, or I refuse to prosecute drug addicts because they have the right to do what they want with their bodies.

This is what I'm having a hard time with right now... not necessarily as it pertains to this issue, as it has become common place with every issue or law that a certain side doesn't agree with. Like... "racism is unfair, I refuse to prosecute black people"... "poverty is unfair, I refuse to set bail for poor people"... "immigration laws are whack, just let them drive without a license, vote without an I.D., etc, etc...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1953778 06/28/22 09:34 AM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Imagine the backlash if those guys said... I refuse to prosecute drunk drivers because I believe they have the right to choose if they drink and drive, or I refuse to prosecute drug addicts because they have the right to do what they want with their bodies.

This is what I'm having a hard time with right now... not necessarily as it pertains to this issue, as it has become common place with every issue or law that a certain side doesn't agree with. Like... "racism is unfair, I refuse to prosecute black people"... "poverty is unfair, I refuse to set bail for poor people"... "immigration laws are whack, just let them drive without a license, vote without an I.D., etc, etc...

elections are trash, lets just storm the capital...

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1953780 06/28/22 09:43 AM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE

elections are trash, lets just storm the capital...

Fritos are good with a bologna sandwich.

FATE #1953782 06/28/22 09:48 AM
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
mayo or mustard

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1953783 06/28/22 09:49 AM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
mayo or mustard
m
Mayo makes it a trailer park meal for sure.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Ketchup = trailer park
Mayo = double-wide

Swish #1953809 06/28/22 11:13 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
mayo or mustard

Does it matter? I mean their next step is to outlaw condiments, right? naughtydevil

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
OldColdDawg #1953817 06/28/22 11:46 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
I think by mid-fall we will have seen our young people out in force with their fascist stompers on. And I'm not calling for it, trying to encourage it, or otherwise wanting it to happen, but there do seem to be rumblings. They are getting pissed at Biden and demanding more than "get out the vote." Have read about calls Dems to unite and kill the filibuster, for 5 Extreme court dis-justices to be impeached and removed, And for Biden to increase the court seats to thirteen, being one for each circuit court. They really want the filibuster gone and Senators Manchin and Sinema to sign on. Manchin seems to be under incredible pressure, even in his home state.

Every single bit of this is "I didn't get my way so stack the system so I can have my way!".

It seems now extremist means following the constitution. The filibuster is there to slow down the government, it works and is a good thing. Sometimes it means not getting your way, but it was designed to promote compromise.

Stacking the court for political gain is what extremists do.

This is where all those participation trophies has landed us.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus SC Rulings

Link Copied to Clipboard