Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Notre Dame release statement basically saying that their intentions are to stay independent.... But should something happen to the ACC or the playoff they might consider. The playoff expires in 26 btw

https://www.si.com/college/2022/07/...dRFWBnWotrM-kumFjldv7PU1ct_dDVpw5phMPYRw

Legend
Legend
wow... just crazy...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
duped

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 07/07/22 01:01 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I can’t see Notre Dame staying independent with the recent shuffling. It’s musical chairs and there will be the ultimate haves and have nots.

My guess is ND goes to the Big 10

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I can’t see Notre Dame staying independent with the recent shuffling. It’s musical chairs and there will be the ultimate haves and have nots.

I agree... that makes the most sense... but I wouldn't be surprised if they try to hold out...

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by jaybird
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

I agree... that makes the most sense... but I wouldn't be surprised if they try to hold out...

It makes the most sense, but then none of the recent moves have made sense. I get why the Big 10 wanted USC and UCLA and why those schools wanted to move somewhere, but that doesn't make sense.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
The SEC is reportedly not looking to expand beyond 16 teams.

According to Matt Hayes of Saturday Down South, the major college conference thinks it's in good shape when Texas and Oklahoma join the picture. They're currently not looking to make more moves despite the Big Ten poaching USC and UCLA from the Pac-12.

“We’re positioned at 16 (teams) for a robust future,” an SEC athletic director told Hayes. “The need just isn’t there.”

AL.com's Nubyjas Wilborn described the SEC as being "benevolent… for now."

However, others wondered if the SEC simply doesn't have a move to make at the moment.

The SEC already boasts a loaded field of schools that will get even deeper when the Longhorns and Sooners join. ESPN's James Kratch said the SEC's alignment "feels much more natural" than the Big Ten after adding two California schools.

Furthermore, the programs shouldn't want to make the conference too crowded. BetUS TV's Gary Segars said that more SEC squads would "get really close to diminishing returns on a per school basis."

Hayes wrote that any new SEC team must "be a significant addition that checks multiple boxes" as a "right fit" and strong television draw. Conference presidents also reportedly want to "keep college football intact."

This doesn't necessarily mean the SEC will stay at 16 teams forever, but no additions appear to be imminent.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
According to Matt Hayes of Saturday Down South, the major college conference thinks it's in good shape when Texas and Oklahoma join the picture. They're currently not looking to make more moves despite the Big Ten poaching USC and UCLA from the Pac-12.

LOL........love the word choice for the very same act of adding teams to each conference.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

LOL........love the word choice for the very same act of adding teams to each conference.

I didn't or don't see that as a negative towards the Big 10. I didn't post it as such.

I don't get the "in the picture" part you post. As for "poaching", I think that has been widely used for a good while now.

I am sure both conferences are going to "poach" some more as time goes on...and it isn't like the teams that move, be it Oklahoma or USC don't have a choice in if they elect to move. I also think schools are contacting the SEC and Big 10 as much or more about joining.

The only real question I have in all of this, and it really isn't a big one is the Big 10 adding California schools. That seems a bit beyond the reach of having some degree of geographical continuity.

Again, it isn't all that important. I would scratch my head if the SEC and Notre Dame decided to join forces, but wouldn't be surprised.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
I wasn't getting on you. I just found the word choice humorous.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
P
Legend
Legend
P
I actually think it's the opposite of poaching. I understand those aren't your words so this is just a comment on the writers words.

It's these schools that stand to gain so much by joining these conferences and I highly doubt it's either the SEC or the BIG10 trying to recruit them into their conferences.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I actually think it's the opposite of poaching. I understand those aren't your words so this is just a comment on the writers words.

It's these schools that stand to gain so much by joining these conferences and I highly doubt it's either the SEC or the BIG10 trying to recruit them into their conferences.

That's why I said this in my above post.

I also think schools are contacting the SEC and Big 10 as much or more about joining.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Put me in the game coach! Put me in the game!

Are those home uniforms?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
From what I've heard USC and UCLA stand to double their income by joining the BIG 10 and when the new TV deal is signed in a few years they will be making 100 million a year just on football. It's always the dollars!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum USC and UCLA to Leave For Big Ten

Link Copied to Clipboard