Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Legend
Legend
I'm not sure who, after seeing these videos, that anyone could come to the conclusion that Trump is NOT guilty......Or that the rioters are Antifa or anyone other than WASPs and just some plain loons...

Pretty sure his supporters won't even bother to view them.....Thanks for posting.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
There is just so much negativism in the world today. Tribulations and woes everywhere! The China virus, illegal immigration , violence everywhere. Just so many problems. With things like that it is important to celebrate the good things, the positive things that happen. In that spirit I would like to celebrate the fact that we managed to play the congressional baseball game last week without some loony, lefty democrat trying to murder the republican baseball team. Baby steps, folks. Baby steps.

Legend
Legend
Well, that post was certainly helpful.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: dawglover05
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Childish deflection

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Well, that post was certainly helpful.

He was phylosophisizing... rolleyes

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Those classy democrats.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
What? Did she run from the ballpark and storm the capital? Did she hold an insurrection? Attempt a coup? Did she just fist bump and celebrate NOT TAKING CARE OF OUR VETS? I bet she took underage girls out of state for sex OR she held a rally with a bunch of NAZIs like her GOPer comrades, right? OMG, that horrible dem flipped of a bunch of losers... how dare she. Smh, you can't make the stupid ass attacks up from the party of dumb. They go after every nit they can pick.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/31/22 07:53 PM.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Your post, thank you, exemplifies the left. Name calling, what abouts.........typical. Thank you.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
In fairness, arch, this whole rabbit hole of these last few posts started with a passive aggressive what-about from Keith who also referred to “Loony Lefties.”

I won’t argue that a lot on the left are guilty of what you’re calling out, but it’s not just their problem.

Last edited by dawglover05; 07/31/22 10:26 PM.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Jester
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
No, you don't post a trashing attack like this in the January 6th thread for its distraction value. This thread is about the crap your side pulled trying to bring down America. The guy you voted in and are still trying to protect at every turn is a traitor. You are guilty to a degree just by association. So no, put your lefty BS where it belongs! If you can shove anything else up there with your head taking up all the room.

P
Legend
Legend
P
He doesn't see it when they do it. He must have missed trump's four years as president. Everything he listed the person they elected president was doing those very same things from the oval office. And all he can do is point the finger in the other direction.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
That post has more manure in it than I used to fork out of the cattle barn in a week. Some folks have lost their minds.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
Some folks have lost their minds.

And as such we will pray for you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Geez, what a bunch of psycho jumbo jumbo. Passive aggressive??? Lol. Simple point to make. For a year or more the looney dems have tried to paint a picture of trump republicans engaging in political violence. They have done everything they can to make sure their narrative is all that is out there. I believe this is the first time the majority leader selected the minority members of a committee like this one. Why?? Because they did not want anyone asking hard questions that might take the narrative in another direction. unlike the normal process in America, the dems do not want to hear anything that does not conform to the story they want.

However, when we look for political violence what do we see?? Who tried to murder 15-20 republican senators and congressman?? Hmmm. Who tried to kill a republican candidate for governor of New York?? Hmmm. Who tried to assassinate a Supreme Court justice?? Hmmm. We do have concerns about political violence don’t we?

And I must admit if I hear once more that it is republicans going against trump I will pull out my hair. You dems are a little slow on the uptake, but news flash!!! The republican establishment elites hate trump as much as you dems. They have since he announced he was running back in 15. They want him gone because they do not like his message. Clean the swamp means get rid of our buddies in the bureaucracy, and control the border means the donor class loses their low wage help.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If by message you mean acting like a petulant child with all of his name calling and boycotting businesses who disagree with him, you would be right. As it pertains to his actual platform there are several sane candidates to choose from with almost identical platforms. As much as you talk about the border and as many promises as trump made about it, he really didn't accomplish much there. But that's how grifters operate.

There were well over 800 arrests while people tried to overturn our elections. There's video if you would like to see it.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't think it was the President of the United States behind the plot in any one of those scenarios. If you'd like to start a thread on those, I'd be glad to participate. In this thread, yes, it is whataboutism.

"Looney Dems." You're proving my point.

Also, I've asked you before to no response - and I will ask you again - you utilize the term "You dems" in reference to me. What makes me a "Dem"?

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/01/22 09:28 PM.

Legend
Legend
There is just so much negativism in the world today. Tribulations and woes everywhere! The China virus, illegal immigration , violence everywhere. Just so many problems. With things like that it is important to celebrate the good things, the positive things that happen. In that spirit I would like to celebrate the fact that we managed to play the congressional baseball game last week without some loony, lefty democrat trying to murder the republican baseball team. Baby steps, folks. Baby steps.

Did you watch any of the televised hearing on Jan 6?

Do you think that Trump had nothing to do with the J6 Riots?

Do you think that the rioters were Antifa or BLM?

Have you noticed that those testifying against Trump are his own people?

If you answered yes to the first question and think Trump didn't have anything to do with it or that it was antifa or BlM, then I suggest you didn't watch the hearings.

Also, have you noticed that those that are being convicted are clearly Trump supporters?

Hodgeson (sp) was indeed a Left Wing nut job... AG said he was a domestic terrorist.. I don't disagree.. He's a criminal and should be treated as such.

So should those that attacked the capital,, either physically or those that incited it or concocted the entire plan. Terrorists all.

Last edited by Damanshot; 08/02/22 08:58 AM.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Trump normalized bad behavior, it is as simple as that.

I saw that coming a mile away, and it will take many years to overcome, if at all.

So much for "Be quiet and let others think you are a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Ok daman, those are legit questions I would like to take a crack at some of them.

1. Those testifying. I discussed that in previous post.

2. Did I watch. I have watched a number of these congressional hearings. I am old enough to remember Sam Ervin leading watergate hearings. I watched any that were on tv. I watched Iran/ Contra hearings just about in their entirety. It seems like there have been others though I cannot remember any names. Do you know what each of them had in common. There was aggressive questioning from both sides of the aisle. There was a genuine attempt to elicit facts and learn what happened in every case. Different views were presented and in the end people could draw conclusions. That contrasts with this “show trial”. It is choreographed and orchestrated to present only information that supports the narrative the dems want out there. Non conforming information need not apply.

A perfect example. A young lady testifies as to what she heard second hand. The press tried to take the wheel from secret service. She says. Immediately after she testified the agents who were actually in the car contradicted her. Said none of it happened. And they were there. Offered to testify and I think take a lie detector. So when they were called to testify they press……… oh, wait , the dems have refused to call them so far. Why?? Because they do not want anything else out there that does not conform to their narrative. In other words, they have a story they want to sell and they only want information that conforms.

Daman, it would be like you on trial for murder, the prosecution presents their case. Your lawyer rises to begin the defense and the judge says, not necessary we have all the info we need. So no I watched almost none of the show trial.

3. I think blm and antifa are thugs many of whom should be in jail, but they had nothing to do with this.

4. I think trump told the crowd to go to the capital and peacefully protest. I do not think they will show he committed any crimes.

5. I think anybody who committed a crime should be held accountable. They deserve a trial by a jury of their peers promptly. The constitution guarantees them that. If anyone is being held in solitary confinement and not had their day in court by now that is wrong. I have heard that is the case but I have no proof.

Well I have tried to answer your questions and I would hope to be able to engage in a polite exchange of ideas with you. Thanks for the opportunity.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Trump, the destroyer of families.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/02/22 08:39 PM.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
BREAKING: PENTAGON OFFICIALS HAD THEIR PHONES WIPED AFTER JANUARY 6TH! Can you say coverup? Smh.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Somehow, I don’t think “the dog ate my homework excuse” is going to work.

Start by charging the IG and all those involved with records violations and they will be facing prison time.

Some of those who are involved were Trump appointed officials. The Congressional orders to retain records were well known.

It’s pretty obvious that the “planned system upgrade” is Fido. Woof woof.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Arizona official refutes review that counted 282 dead voters

https://www.yahoo.com/news/arizona-ag-says-most-alleged-230313316.html

will they finally get down to whether or not the ghost of Hugo Chavez interfere in the 2020 election? and i would like to accept giuliani's request for trial by combat, but only if i get exclusive access to the jewish space laser so i can manipulate the votes from outer space like they do with forest fires.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jaybird
Are people really pro-insurrection?? I think those who participated in the insurrection should be prosecuted... I think this whole Jan 6 committee crap is a complete farce... I think if the DOJ can charge Trump with a crime related to the jan 6 insurrection they should and he should be tried in front of an actual court of law... but are there people that are actually pro-insurrection besides extremists?

Yes. I see and hear pro-insurrection people every day of my life nowadays. They surround us. Even you saying the Jan 6th committee is a farce, is an extreme point of view, and can be considered as pro-insurrection, After all these crimes were perpetrated against our constitution. This was an insurrection and they attempted to block the legal transfer of power. Kinda hard to prosecute these crimes without all the facts being uncovered that was covered up by trump and his admin. Hence 1/6 committee.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
At this point all they have left after we've seen all of this testimony is "witch hunt". They mimmick exactly what Trump says and then swear they don't support him. It's all pretty obvious.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Ouch. Not good for trump fans.

Legend
Legend
Ok daman, those are legit questions I would like to take a crack at some of them.

1. Those testifying. I discussed that in previous post.

2. Did I watch. I have watched a number of these congressional hearings. I am old enough to remember Sam Ervin leading watergate hearings. I watched any that were on tv. I watched Iran/ Contra hearings just about in their entirety. It seems like there have been others though I cannot remember any names. Do you know what each of them had in common. There was aggressive questioning from both sides of the aisle. There was a genuine attempt to elicit facts and learn what happened in every case. Different views were presented and in the end people could draw conclusions. That contrasts with this “show trial”. It is choreographed and orchestrated to present only information that supports the narrative the dems want out there. Non conforming information need not apply.

A perfect example. A young lady testifies as to what she heard second hand. The press tried to take the wheel from secret service. She says. Immediately after she testified the agents who were actually in the car contradicted her. Said none of it happened. And they were there. Offered to testify and I think take a lie detector. So when they were called to testify they press……… oh, wait , the dems have refused to call them so far. Why?? Because they do not want anything else out there that does not conform to their narrative. In other words, they have a story they want to sell and they only want information that conforms.

Daman, it would be like you on trial for murder, the prosecution presents their case. Your lawyer rises to begin the defense and the judge says, not necessary we have all the info we need. So no I watched almost none of the show trial.

3. I think blm and antifa are thugs many of whom should be in jail, but they had nothing to do with this.

4. I think trump told the crowd to go to the capital and peacefully protest. I do not think they will show he committed any crimes.

5. I think anybody who committed a crime should be held accountable. They deserve a trial by a jury of their peers promptly. The constitution guarantees them that. If anyone is being held in solitary confinement and not had their day in court by now that is wrong. I have heard that is the case but I have no proof.

Well I have tried to answer your questions and I would hope to be able to engage in a polite exchange of ideas with you. Thanks for the opportunity.

1. I guess I missed your comments on that subject... But again, they were mostly (might be all) republicans and most worked in some way for Trump

2. I'm glad you watched Sam Ervin and the Watergate hearings. You also must remember then that at that time, Republicans took advantage of the right to be involved in the hearings.. Something McCarthy declined to do. (I know that is contested, but they had a chance to be involved and they blew it)

It's seems silly to use this as a reason to find that this isn't a reasonable and complete investigation.

As for nobody coming forward to take up Trumps point of view, how many have been asked or Subpoenaed to come in to testify? Bannon, Eastman (took the 5th around 100 times, Remind me again what Trump said about those taking the 5th), Rudy and Stone just to name a few.

Ivanka and Jared agreed to be interviewed but only on video, not in person. I'm absolutely sure that the J6 committee would welcome Trump and Meadows in to testify. But they won't., Not without taking the 5th a bunch of times.

SO if they are asked to come in and they refuse, then the problem is them, not the committee

3. We agree and it's been proven over and over again. 700 or so arrests and none of them BLM or Antifa.

4. No, he didn't tell them to be peaceful,, NOT EVEN close to that., He incited a riot.... You not knowing this tells me you didn't listen or watch the J6 Hearings and the videos they played that verify that Trump was the one, along with Eastman and Rudy, that triggered his supporters to NOT be peaceful.. You appear to have only listened to what FOX, OAN and other Right leaning networks doctored up for you to consume. (side note: Spoke to a HS Friend of mine who lives in Florida, he said that same thing you said. But when I convinced him to watch the hearings, he choked up, His exact words were, "damn it. He (trump) really screwed up".. by the way, he's a 100% Trump supporter, or he was,, not so much anymore)

5. I don't disagree with your comments, I think you are spot on.

The difference here is, the Committee is NOT a court of LAW. It's designed to be an investigative body. Criminal charges are for the DOJ to take up. If or When the DOJ charges those involved, that's when they will get to tell their story.. To me, there is no defense for Trump and his team. None. But that's just my opinion from watching the hearings on the subject. They were pretty clear.

Also, thank you for the way in which you responded... That we clear and clean.. Thanks

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
LMAO, Bye Alex.

Legend
Legend
Drip Drip Drip

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Trump-backed GOP candidate for Michigan AG under criminal investigation for possibly tampering with voting machines, docs say

Michigan’s Democratic attorney general is calling for a special prosecutor to investigate her Donald Trump-backed challenger after finding evidence linking him to a potentially criminal plot to seize and tamper with voting machines used in the 2020 election, according to a letter obtained by CNN and documents released Monday by the attorney general’s office.

For months, the Michigan State Police and the attorney general’s office have been investigating a series of voting machine breaches that took place in several counties around the state last year. According to the documents released Monday, that probe has led investigators to Kalamazoo-based lawyer Matthew DePerno, a Republican candidate running against incumbent Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel.

Trump has thrown his support behind DePerno, and he picked up an endorsement earlier this year from Michigan Republican Party activists, paving the way for him to officially become the GOP nominee for attorney general at the party convention later this month. He is one of several Trump-backed election deniers who are currently running to become the top law enforcement officer or the top election official in their states.

Nessel is now asking for a special prosecutor to be appointed to avoid a potential conflict of interest. The investigation into voting machine breaches has unearthed facts that indicate DePerno and two other associates may have broken the law when they “orchestrated a coordinated plan to gain access to voting tabulators,” according to Nessel’s office.

“When this investigation began there was not a conflict of interest. However, during the course of the investigation, facts were developed that DePerno was one of the prime instigators of the conspiracy,” Nessel’s office wrote in an August 5 petition for the Prosecuting Attorneys Coordinating Counsel to appoint a special prosecutor.

The DePerno campaign tweeted a statement late Sunday saying he has reviewed the petition for a special prosecutor and “denied the allegations presented.” The statement also says, “the claims presented by Nessel show a completely unwarranted and erroneous attack based on political prosecution.”

The request from Nessel’s office alleges that DePerno was present in a hotel room in early 2021 when a group of individuals performed unauthorized “tests” on voting tabulators they had seized from multiple Michigan counties – suggesting investigators have evidence that directly links him to the potentially illegal breaches.

“We have requested the appointment of a Special Prosecuting Attorney to review the case for the issuance of possible criminal charges against several of the individuals involved. We view the actions of these individuals to be very serious,” Nessel’s office wrote in a letter to Michigan Secretary of State Jocelyn Benson, a fellow Democrat, summarizing the investigation’s findings.

Reuters first reported DePerno’s alleged role in the voting machine breaches. The Detroit News first reported Nessel’s request for a special prosecutor.

In May, CNN reported that Michigan State Police had expanded its investigation into whether third parties gained unauthorized access to voting machine data after the 2020 election, and that the probe was looking into potential breaches in multiple counties. The investigation began in February after Benson’s office uncovered a breach of vote tabulator components in Roscommon County, in rural northern Michigan.

The probe in Michigan reflects a growing number of incidents uncovered around the country where Trump supporters attempted to gain access to voting systems, as part of efforts to overturn or undermine the outcome of the 2020 presidential election. It also comes as several Trump-endorsed candidates have won the Republican nomination for roles that could position them to oversee future elections in key battleground states going forward.

They succeeded in at least one instance in late November 2020, when a team of pro-Trump operatives traveled to Antrim County, Michigan, and conducted an audit of voting systems there, according to court documents released as part of a failed lawsuit filed by attorneys working on behalf of the former President at the time.

The lawsuit was led by DePerno and led to a since-debunked report issued by a team of analysts from a Texas-based company, Allied Security Operations Group, alleging irregularities in Dominion Voting Systems that was consistently cited as evidence in multiple failed legal challenges in Michigan and other swing states. (There is no evidence to support GOP claims of wrongdoing by Dominion.)

Among the evidence investigators in Michigan say they have uncovered as part of their probe into voting machine breaches are digital IDs that DePerno had used as evidence in the failed suit.

“There must be consequences for those who broke the law to undermine our elections in order to advance their own political agendas,” Benson told CNN in a statement.

She added, “The Republican, Democratic and nonpartisan election clerks of this state do their jobs with professionalism and integrity, and we will continue to ensure they are equipped with a full understanding of the legal protections in place to block bad actors from pressuring them to gain access to secure election systems.”

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/08/poli...CGjr4--S--x_eKxT9G8hLIFiiHoOK89FlJKgL_9s

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
it wasn't him! it was Hugo Chavez!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
They'll cry unfair. Dems can do it but WE can't? Smh.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
At this point all they have left after we've seen all of this testimony is "witch hunt". They mimmick exactly what Trump says and then swear they don't support him. It's all pretty obvious.

Then they turn and point their crooked fingers at Biden for causing Putin’s war in the Ukraine.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 08/09/22 08:07 PM.

K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Damon, I would like to bounce off a couple of your points. First that McCarthy somehow blew it and that he “refused to participate”. I do not agree that he blew it and you know very well that he tried to participate. In fact he did what every minority house leader has done since the beginning of time. When a committee is authorized the minority leader selects the members of his caucus he wants on the committee. Not the members the speaker wants, not the members you want or I want. He selects the members he wants. Has always been that way regardless of the party in control of the house.

Then the speaker did something that had never been done. Never!! She refused to seat two of the members McCarthy picked. They are not hers to pick but she took away the minority leader’s choices. Since his selected members were excluded McCarthy only then bowed out. The speaker then picked the minority members she wanted. Trump haters. Not a coincidence. My guess is (do not want to sound conspiratorial) that she knew if she refused to seat a couple of his choices he would probably withdraw all the names and that would give her free rein to pick the two she did, knowing they would go along completely with the dem narrative. Btw, I will not be surprised if this refusing of minority selections becomes a common practice.

One final thought on this subject. You asked previously if I watched the hearings. My decision to not watch was made after this whole fiasco unfolded. I knew then it was going to be a sham, an orchestrated and choreographed affair. Ask any police detective what would happen if she started an investigation with a narrative and only looked at evidence and talked to witnesses who supported that narrative and nothing else. She would tell you she would miss a lot of valuable clues and info.

One other final thought. This decision to refuse selected members to the committee meshes perfectly with the committee refusing to call those secret service agents to testify. They just do not want any info coming out that challenges their approved narrative. No way to run an investigation!

Secondly, that the President incited a riot. After reading that I went to you tube I listened to the entire 70 minutes. Trump attacked Pence. He spent a lot of time outlining all the illegalities that occurred during the election. But at no time did he tell people to enter the capital or engage in violence. So I do not think he incited a riot. And while I think the dems will do everything they can to make it happen, I do not think there will be any criminal acts he will have shown he engaged in.

I have enjoyed the opportunity to exchange ideas in a civil manner. Thanks

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
You don’t put two people on a panel who are prospective witnesses, unless you’re specifically looking to either invalidate the panel altogether, or pretty much admitting that you don’t want to take part in the panel without saying inasmuch.

For example, if I was in charge of putting together a joint committee on investigating the NFL’s issues with massage therapy, and I appoint DeShawn Watson and Bob Kraft to the committee, it’s pretty clear where my intentions are.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
With Feds Circling, Trump Asks Allies: Who’s ‘Wearing a Wire’?

As the investigations heat up, the former president and his advisers are pointing fingers — and looking for “rats.”

Donald Trump is worried he may have a rat — or multiple rats — in his midst. He’s wondering if his phones are tapped, or even if one of his buddies could be “wearing a wire.”

As the federal and state investigations into Trump and his orbit swell, so have the former president’s suspicions, according to two sources familiar with the matter and another two people close to the twice-impeached former Oval Office occupant.

This summer, Trump has asked close associates if they think his communications are being monitored by the feds, or — per his phrasing — “by Biden.” As a source close to Trump describes it to Rolling Stone: “He has asked me and others, ‘Do you think our phones are tapped?’ Given the sheer volume of investigations going on into the [former] president, I do not think he’s assuming anything is outside the realm of possibility.”

The source adds, “He’s talked about this seriously [in the past few months], but I know of one time when he made a joke that was something like, ‘Be careful what you say on the phone!’”

Moreover, on at least a couple occasions since May, the former president has wondered aloud if there were any Republicans visiting his clubs who could be “wearing a wire,” according to another person close to Trump and a different source familiar with the matter. Trump and his allies are baselessly floating the idea that federal agents could be guilty of “planting” incriminating evidence at his private resort. And the ex-president and several of his longtime advisers are trying to figure out if they have, in their terminology, a “mole” or a “rat” in Trump’s inner sanctum who is slipping his secrets to the feds.

Multiple people with knowledge of the situation say that as of Wednesday afternoon, Trump and his cohort do not have any evidence to support their groundless talking point that the FBI planted evidence during their search of Trump’s home at the Mar-a-Lago club in Florida earlier this week. Still, the sources say, the upper crust of MAGAland has already begun wildly speculating about who the snitch could be, if such a turncoat exists at all. On Wednesday morning, Axios reported that “Trumpworld is abuzz with speculation about which close aide or aides has ‘flipped’ and provided additional sensitive information to the FBI about what former President Trump was keeping at” his Florida estate. Later that day, intelligence writer William Arkin reported that “the raid on Mar-a-Lago was based largely on information from an FBI confidential human source.”

One Trump adviser tells Rolling Stone that since Tuesday, MAGA loyalists have been asking to pass their suspicions to Trump, telling him not to trust certain individuals and to investigate them for possible contacts with federal authorities. “I’m getting a lot of messages saying [things like], ‘This guy must be the informant,’ and others…calling for the [former] president to start doing phone-checks of his staff,” says the adviser. “To be honest, a lot of it feels like people trying to screw over the ones they don’t like [in Trumpworld.]”

Though Trump’s paranoia is so often fueled by unhinged conspiracy theories, in this case, he has reason to worry. There are various criminal, civil, and federal investigations into Trump, his sprawling family business, and his political allies in his attempts to subvert the 2020 presidential election. But some of his paranoid habits that have cropped up this summer are reminding a few Trump confidants of his term in the Oval Office. During the Mueller investigation, then-President Trump went as far as to ponder to a small number of people whether his own White House Counsel Don McGahn was — in identical wording — “wearing a wire” for the supposedly Trump-loathing federal prosecutors.

“When I worked for him,” says Stephanie Grisham, a former senior Trump aide who has since fallen out with the MAGA royalty, “it was an everyday obsession [about] who was leaking, who was cooperating with what. He’d regularly ask me and others, ‘Do you think I can trust this person?’ or ‘Do you trust this person?’ or tell me to ‘go find the leaker.’”

“Shockingly, I feel bad for the guy today, as funny as that sounds,” she adds. “Trump demands total loyalty, and yet he turns on people at a moment’s notice. And he’s now in this situation where he and his people are wondering who among them could be giving some of his most closely held information to the FBI.”

Grisham concludes, “I mean, who can he trust? It’s just a [censored], sad way to live.”

According to multiple reports, the raid on Monday sprang from an investigation into whether Trump took classified documents materials from the White House to his Florida home. It is unclear what specific documents are so concerning to federal authorities. But according to two sources with knowledge of the matter, in the time since President Joe Biden was sworn in, Trump has not been shy about flaunting trophies from his years in the Oval Office. Within the past year and a half, Trump’s guests at Mar-a-Lago have at times witnessed the ex-president brandishing certain objects or papers, claiming they were mementos from his stint in the White House as he gave informal tours of his Florida homestead.

“It reminded me of how he’d give tours of the bathrooms and the toilets when he lived in the White House,” one of the sources says. “He likes to show off…even if he isn’t supposed to have those things, evidently.”

Of course, the probe into Trump’s handling of classified materials is hardly the only investigation, federal or otherwise, that’s threatening the leader of the GOP’s political or personal fortunes. In addition to the House select committee investigation into the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and then-President Trump’s role in starting it, the Department of Justice is conducting a wide-ranging probe into the anti-democratic crusade that was waged following Biden’s victory in the 2020 election; that probe is indeed examining Trump’s and his conduct during that period. As Rolling Stone reported, the former president’s attorneys are taking seriously the once-unimaginable possibility of DOJ criminal charges against him seriously — to the point that they’re already briefing him on possible legal defenses and expanding the team tasked with taking on the Justice Department.

Just on Wednesday, Trump sat for hours for a deposition in New York state’s years-long investigation into his business empire. However, tThe former president gave a straight answer about his own name — and then persistently pleaded the Fifth during questioning.

But now, fFollowing the news of the FBI’s “siege” of Mar-a-Lago, nearly every major player in national conservative-media and the Republican Party have swiftly rallied to Trump’s defense. Days later, Team Trump is still aggressively fundraising off of news of the federal search, and the former president and his high-profile boosters have been arguing that the raid would be good for his political future, by solidifying support and feeding into his self-styled image as an embattled fighter against the American establishment.

However, all the bravado is undermined by the fact that Trump is keenly aware of the potential criminal exposure and legal jeopardy he faces. Within the ex-president’s legal teams and his inner circle, there has been a months-long search for possible scapegoats who could be sacrificed, if push came to shove, to the feds — with Trumpworld -aligned bigwigs such as John Eastman and Mark Meadows among the top candidates.

What’s more, For months, Trump for months has reminded friends and confidants that a perk of winning the White House is that presidents enjoy a level of legal immunity that others (including former presidents) simply do not. It’s one of many reasons, Trump has said in private, why he’s strongly considering running for president again in 2024.

As it were, he has repeatedly brought up this point in the context of privately gossiping about his plans for a potential 2024 presidential campaign.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...mp-fbi-mar-a-lago-snitches-rats-1395609/

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He is already showing his defense strategy. He knows he has incriminating evidence of something. If it gets discovered he is going to claim that the FBI planted it.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus January 6th Fallout p6

Link Copied to Clipboard